• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not sure of which one I want more.

D

Deleted member

yfw we get Tron Bonne as our Capcpm/Megaman rep...

I'm ok with it

At this point, there would be a lot of potential for a Nintendo vs. Capcom game. It's kind of surprising it has not come up sooner, since it's one of those obvious crossovers that would kick some major ***.

I'd pay 50-ish dollars to play in a match between Donkey Kong and Amaterasu.
I'd love another Nintendo All-Star Fighter, especially one aimed more at competitive play. Nintendo vs. Capcom would be the ideal choice for it too. With FExSMT it just seems like a logical move, and a possibility as well, considering Iwata said they plan on working on more collaborative projects in the future.

This is GLORIOUS.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright. So assuming we get a Golden Sun rep and a Sin and Punishment rep, which characters would they pick. The classic Isaac/Saki or the new Matthew/Isa?

And a Nintendo X Capcom fighter would be my dream game. :D

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
As far as Nintendo X Namco goes, I'd like to see Kirby X Klonoa. (Mario X Pac-Man is a given since it already happened)

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Alright. So assuming we get a Golden Sun rep and a Sin and Punishment rep, which characters would they pick. The classic Isaac/Saki or the new Matthew/Isa?
Arguably Issac and Saki, but this is just presuming if we got ether. Of course both are still doubtful to begin with.

...Why does Saki have a girls name anyway?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Arguably Issac and Saki, but this is just presuming if we got ether. Of course both are still doubtful to begin with.

Gonna have to agree with Isaac and Saki. Rather Surprised with all these new people betting on Matthew and Isa.

I still have no idea what the designers intentions were when making Saki so feminine in some ways but whatever it's great, lol. Like that's just the way things are and there is no time to question it because you have giant mutants to shoot at.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but the more I play FE:Awakening, the more I want to see Chrom or perhaps
Lucina
in SSB4. Sorry, Ike.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wait, after all this time...You're telling me Saki's a guy?!?

Seriously, though, my sister was just playing Brawl. A cpu got Saki from an AT. And she's like, "What's with this lady attacking me?" >.>

But I'd love it if we get a S&P rep. S&P/2 was a great game. I'd prefer Isa, but I do agree that Saki would be more likely.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided I'm against ALL Fire Emblem characters because Nintendo doesn't want me to own Fire Emblem Awakening

They also had the nerve to send me an Email telling me to buy it today. When no one actually has the game in stock. They are taunting me

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've decided I'm against ALL Fire Emblem characters because Nintendo doesn't want me to own Fire Emblem Awakening

They also had the nerve to send me an Email telling me to buy it today. When no one actually has the game in stock. They are taunting me
Yep. They just hate you that much. :troll:

Now taste the despair!

:evil:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh maan, this has quite become a running gag. FE Awakening is now available only in those bundles so pretty much Nintendo's trying to pull cash from your pockets before you can even play the actual game. :troll:

Just wait for the restocking of those physical copies...

D

Deleted member

And a Nintendo X Capcom fighter would be my dream game. :D
Well, Isaac and Saki were both Assist Trophies weren't they?

i would prefer this. Capcom has some great franchises and all but i overall like Namco more
The only Namco character I give two ****s about is KOS-MOS. Well... I like Soul Calibur as well, but I take no preference, Mitsurugi is boss, as is Asteroth, but they aren't icons of the series, imo those are Ivy and Nightmare. Also, there's Ace Combat, I like the series, but you can't have a rep in a fighter really.

Capcom on the other hand has tons of iconic IPs it hard to choose just one.
>Megaman Series
>Street Fighter Series
>Viewtiful Joe Series
>Resident Evil Series
>Devil May Cry Series
>Monster Hunter Series
>Darkstalkers Series >Bionic Commando, Ghost and Goblins, Final Fight, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Okami, Breath of Fire, Lost Planet, and many many more.

Not to mention they're responsible for the VS. Series, that Jojo Arcade Fighter, LoZ Minish Cap (my fave 2D Zelda), and those awesome SNES era Disney platformers.

Knock yourseld out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Capcom_games

It's easier being a Capcom fan than a Namco fan, even if they do jew their fans out of their hard earned cash from time to time. Not saying Namco's bad... Just saying Capcom has more to like.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Manly: Kinda agreed. From what I've seen, I can usually recognize or identify certain game companies by what types of games they're most best known of.

Nintendo makes the best platformers.

Konami is (or was) the King of SHMUPS.

Square and Enix are the primes of the RPG Genre.

Capcom is the pioneer of the fighting game genre.

Sega I have hard time thinking what they handle the best. But if anything, most of their games have coolness factor to them and certainly love their fans. Same for Namco but they sometimes polish their games more compared to Sega.

I suck at these analyzes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sega I have hard time thinking what they handle the best. But if anything, most of their games have coolness factor to them and certainly love their fans. Same for Namco but they sometimes polish their games more compared to Sega.
Sega's all over the place from what I can tell. They've touched just about every genre and also include some unique games like Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5. Their AM2 studio also makes the deepest fighting game out there - though its presentation needs work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom