• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am wondering if Pac-Man being in that new Mario Kart game actually hurts his chances. One of the main criticisms about Pac-Man is that he would not make an interesting fighting character.
I think it improves his chances. Maybe just me.
We can expect 2-3 3rd party newcomers this time, as Sakurai was willing have 3 3rd parties in brawl.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i think it helps if anything. it just kind of reconfirms his close relationship with Nintendo. and yeah i could imagine 2 namco characters in Smash.

D

Deleted member

You're seriously overlooking things again.
1. Pac-Man was in the previous Mario Kart Arcade GPs. It makes sense he'd reappear for the 3rd one.
2. The Taiko drum games are notable in arcade status moreso than consoles, so it'd make sense to have one in an arcade racing game.
3. Pac-Man is just as uninteresting as a fighter as Sonic was, yet no one seemed to care about how boring Sonic was; it was just MUTHAFRAGGIN' SAWNIK just like how its MUTHAFRAGGIN' PAKKU-MAHN.
4. Just because this upcoming game has more than one Namco character doesn't mean anything for Smash. Especially when you consider both previous Arcade GPs had multiple Namco characters as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"Waits for someone to play the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games card."

Anyway I'm still betting against Namco.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic was in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. I'm sure they just use him the same.

Saving him instead for off titles because he couldn't very well be an interesting fighter

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
People need to stop talking about Pac-Man like he as any kind of chance at being in SSB4. RULE NUMBER ONE: To be eligible, characters must originate from a video game. video game. Am I the only one who knows that Pac-Man came from a TV show? Educate yourself people, seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_(TV_series)
this may be stupid from my end but i cant tell if you're being serious right now or not?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mrs. Pac Man originated from a fan hack. Those were the days, when hacking a game and selling it as your own didn't land you in jail, but having your character and game bought out by the original games creator and made official

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Admittedly, some of those are pretty awesome.

Where did you get the Ridley model from?

D

Deleted member

Neat-o pictures

Some SSB4 Pictures
These are kinda cool. I may whip up a couple myself. I like the idea.

Also,

>Ridley's too big to fit in his own picture

Hehehehehe

On Habanero's Cranky idea, I love it! It would be my favorite AT, just for the gags.

Also,

Robo Mario. Why isn't this character used more? Same for E.Gadd.

The NSMBWii/U line-up should have been.

Mario, Luigi, Toad, Robo Mario (or something).

This way Toad isn't generic, and you have one more unique character to use.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
People need to stop talking about Pac-Man like he as any kind of chance at being in SSB4. RULE NUMBER ONE: To be eligible, characters must originate from a video game. video game. Am I the only one who knows that Pac-Man came from a TV show? Educate yourself people, seriously. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_(TV_series)
This...This is a joke right?

JPW

Smash Ace
You're seriously overlooking things again.
1. Pac-Man was in the previous Mario Kart Arcade GPs. It makes sense he'd reappear for the 3rd one.
2. The Taiko drum games are notable in arcade status moreso than consoles, so it'd make sense to have one in an arcade racing game.
3. Pac-Man is just as uninteresting as a fighter as Sonic was, yet no one seemed to care about how boring Sonic was; it was just MUTHAFRAGGIN' SAWNIK just like how its MUTHAFRAGGIN' PAKKU-MAHN.
4. Just because this upcoming game has more than one Namco character doesn't mean anything for Smash. Especially when you consider both previous Arcade GPs had multiple Namco characters as well.
Sonic is pretty awesome when in the right hands.

God stop being so crappy all the time. People are allowed to fight for PacMan just as you're allowed to vouch and ***** who you want in the game and what not.

To be honest i'm sick of people requesting Mewtwo and Roy and coming up withy crazy reasons as to why they should be back, but i have to accept it's just the way it is.

I reckon Pacman has the best chance of being a 3rd Party Newcomer anyway because of the strong relationship he's had with Nintendo these last couple of years. Plus let's not forget this is a Mascot fighting game. Mascots have better chances than others. Mascots will come first before any others. Also much like Sega he has a very interesting History with Nintendo. Plus Mario vs PacMan just screams money more than Mario vs Lloyd.

Don't take this as me being a fan of PacMan to be honest i've barely ever played his games nor like the character as a whole, i understand he 's a gaming icon. And that\s what i'm using for my argument. I couldn't care less whether he got in or not. I just see his chances better than anyone else on Namco right now.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wonder if they're putting Namco characters in Mario Kart to keep fans from being upset from their absence in Smash? :troll:
Honestly, I think it is about war with Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing which is trying to pull in big third-parties as well (All-Stars has Banjo and Wreck-it Ralph already).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yes. Mario was refused to not cause cross contamination with the Olympic Games apparently. (So Nintendo would allow him if Mario and Sonic at The Olympic games weren't around)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pac-Man has too much name power to not be in the game. However, your parents or for some of you grandparents will probably know and cherish Pac-Man more than you lol.

Pac-Man was IT for video games in the late 70s and early 80s.

D

Deleted member

God stop being so crappy all the time. People are allowed to fight for PacMan just as you're allowed to vouch and ***** who you want in the game and what not.
You really are an idiot, you know that?
Nowhere am I arguing against Pac-Man. In fact, I'm technically arguing FOR Pac-Man seeing as my argument is in direct reponse to Chrono posting this:

I am wondering if Pac-Man being in that new Mario Kart game actually hurts his chances. One of the main criticisms about Pac-Man is that he would not make an interesting fighting character. Consider that a Taiko drum is also a playable character, its possible that Nacmo put their less fighting fit characters in the Mario Kart game.

I still think its possible we get more than one Namco character in Smash 4 (with a maximum of three).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I severely doubt we'll get more then one Namco character. Hell at the rate were going, we'll be lucky to get any at all.

One thing for sure is that Higuchi better not get his way. Begging the fans to support Tales characters for the sake of promoting the series in the west is as shallow as it gets.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think when push comes to shove we'll end up with 2 (But that is pushing it). Realistically, I think we'll end up with Pac-man as a playable rep, and a handful of Namco's franchises as Assist Trophies or whatever they are calling them now.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pac-Man has too much name power to not be in the game. However, your parents or for some of you grandparents will probably know and cherish Pac-Man more than you lol.

I like how you assume we're little kids...

We have played Pac-man, just as much as you dude.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Yeah, I've played Pac-Man and I know his history. But that doesn't gurauntee him a spot in Smash. He is the most likely rep, but I doubt he would be if Namco weren't working on the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

The Pac-Man main hype was 3 years before I was even born, but I still knew of Pac-Man, saw the television series, played the games, etc.

I even grew up hearing of this weird game called Donkey Kong and imagining a monkey sitting on a donkey swinging on vines. I wasn't given a very good description of it. I didn't really know who Donkey Kong was until Donkey Kong country came out years later.

D

Deleted member

If we somehow get multiple Namco characters, there's no doubt that at most there would be 3, Pac-Man, a Tales character (most likely Lloyd), and a Tekken character (most likely Heihachi).

Pac-Man because he's effing Pac-Man.
Tales because of Higuchi.
Tekken because the series got the most fan buzz at the Namco reveal.

D

Deleted member

I personally think 3 is too much (I even think 2 is too much to be honest), but I feel that if more than one Namco character is going to happen, the highest number is three.

peeup

Smash Lord
I think we'll be seeing 2 new 3rd party reps, max. I suspect only 1 will be Namco, but its possible the other will be as well.

Xenoblade in SSB4:

Character - Shulk
Item - Sharla's Sniper Rifle
ATs - Riki/Melia (Healing/Magic) & Dunban/Reyn (Double Attack)
Stages - Eryth Sea/Prison Island & Mechonis Field
Boss - Metal Face
Music - ALL OF IT
Trophies/Stickers - Every Character

What do you think?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Xenoblade in SSB4:

Character - Shulk
Boss - Metal Face
Music - ALL OF IT

What do you think?
Two words: Too much. >_>

:phone:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Xenoblade in SSB4:

Character - Shulk
Boss - Metal Face
Music - ALL OF IT

What do you think?
We only need Shulk, and item, ONE AT, ONE stage, about 5-7 tracks of music and MAYBE a boss. I'm not sure how big the cast in Xenoblade is, but if it's small I suppose every character could have a trophy/sticker. That might be pushing it though.

We only need Shulk, and item, ONE AT, ONE stage, about 5-7 tracks of music and MAYBE a boss. I'm not sure how big the cast in Xenoblade is, but if it's small I suppose every character could have a trophy/sticker. That might be pushing it though.
You want only 5-7 tracks of that amazing soundtrack!?

Non Xenoblade Fan Confirmed :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom