• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like was said above, Xenoblade would be perfectly (and realistically) represented with Shulk, one AT and stage, a trophy of every major character, not every single character (though trophies from X could also decrease the amount from Xenoblade), and the normal amount of music per stage. My guess would be between 6-10 pieces.

A boss and item would be nice, and they're certainly possible, but I wouldn't say they're overly likely.

And I'm a Xenoblade fan, but the series shouldn't get special treatment with multiple stages and ATs considering it's new to Smash and only would have a single character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You want only 5-7 tracks of that amazing soundtrack!?

Non Xenoblade Fan Confirmed :awesome:
I'm not saying what I want. I'm saying what will probably happen.

And I haven't actually played Xenoblade yet (trying to find it), so technically you're correct.

Whatcha gonna do about it? :troll:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i doubt Xenoblade would get a boss. the way i see it we'd get Shulk, a stage, an assist trophy, and good amount of trophies and stickers but comparably less than most of the other series. i personally dont pay much attention to how much music tracks they get so 6-9 sounds right to me. and as far as an item is concerned, i doubt they'd get one. not every series needs one.

Like was said above, Xenoblade would be perfectly (and realistically) represented with Shulk, one AT and stage, a trophy of every major character, not every single character (though trophies from X could also decrease the amount from Xenoblade), and the normal amount of music per stage. My guess would be between 6-10 pieces.

A boss and item would be nice, and they're certainly possible, but I wouldn't say they're overly likely.

And I'm a Xenoblade fan, but the series shouldn't get special treatment with multiple stages and ATs considering it's new to Smash and only would have a single character.
OK, here is a more realistic list:

Character - Shulk
AT - Xenoblade Team Strike (Reyn, Dunban, Riki, and Melia bombard stage with attacks)
Item - Sharla's Sniper Rifle
Stage - Sword Valley
Boss - Metal Face
Stickers/Trophies - Still Every Character (that isn't hard)
Music - About 10-15 of the best songs

:bee:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Considering that Brawl had 314 songs, i wonder how many songs we'll get in SSB 4.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
OK, here is a more realistic list:

Character - Shulk
AT - Xenoblade Team Strike (Reyn, Dunban, Riki, and Melia bombard stage with attacks)
Item - Sharla's Sniper Rifle
Stage - Sword Valley
Boss - Metal Face
Stickers/Trophies - Still Every Character (that isn't hard)
Music - About 15 of the best songs

:bee:
Try:

Character - Shulk
AT - Riki (doesn't really matter who, one of the playable characters - Riki is popular)
Stage - Gaur Plain (it really could be a number of areas, that's my guess)
Stickers/Trophies - Up in the air due to X, probably between 20-25 Xenoblade/X trophies and stickers in total
Music - 6-10 songs

I don't see the necessity or the iconicness of Sharla's Sniper Rifle, and I think we'd be very lucky to get Metal Face. I don't think he's likely as a boss, probably just a trophy.

Try:

Character - Shulk
AT - Riki (doesn't really matter who, one of the playable characters - Riki is popular)
Stage - Gaur Plain (it really could be a number of areas, that's my guess)
Stickers/Trophies - Up in the air due to X, probably between 20-25 Xenoblade/X trophies and stickers in total
Music - 6-10 songs

I don't see the necessity or the iconicness of Sharla's Sniper Rifle, and I think we'd be very lucky to get Metal Face. I don't think he's likely as a boss, probably just a trophy.
1. Longer range gun, gives her a rep without repping her as a AT
2. Metal Face would make a great boss, especially for the size compared to the characters
3. The AT should be a team of people (you can't leave out Reyn (REYN TIME) and Dunban)
4. The stage can be anything
5. About 10-20 songs

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You're trying to give a new game a lot of stuff when some longer running series in Brawl have less

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1. Longer range gun, gives her a rep without repping her as a AT
2. Metal Face would make a great boss, especially for the size compared to the characters
I'm not saying they couldn't work, because they could, I'm saying they're not likely. It doesn't matter how "great" they'd be, they really don't have any precedence above a number of other options for items and bosses. Also Sharla doesn't need to be repped in anything more than a trophy.

3. The AT should be a team of people (you can't leave out Reyn (REYN TIME) and Dunban)
That'd be neat, but it's not going to happen. The Earthbound AT isn't Ness's whole team, it's just Jeff. The FE AT isn't a whole army, it's just Lyn. Unless they are a clear pair like Kat & Ana or Latios & Latias, chances are only one character will come from an AT/Pokeball.

That'd be neat, but it's not going to happen. The Earthbound AT isn't Ness's whole team, it's just Jeff. The FE AT isn't a whole army, it's just Lyn. Unless they are a clear pair like Kat & Ana or Latios & Latias, chances are only one character will come from an AT/Pokeball.
I am thinking Reyn and Dunban then

volbound1700

Smash Master
If we somehow get multiple Namco characters, there's no doubt that at most there would be 3, Pac-Man, a Tales character (most likely Lloyd), and a Tekken character (most likely Heihachi).

Pac-Man because he's effing Pac-Man.
Tales because of Higuchi.
Tekken because the series got the most fan buzz at the Namco reveal.
Dig Dug may have a say about that as well. Not as popular as series above but he is a classical character that fits better in the Smash universe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reyn and Dunban are not a tag team any more than anyone else in the party. They are not analogous to Kat & Ana (who are never seen apart), or Latias & Latios, who make up a legendary duo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Something tells me we may or may not get an amount greater than Brawl's tracklist. I just hope that they'll do what Tekken Tag 2 did and have Smash Tunes(Smash with Tekken Tunes). I already love using it in Tag 2. Still need to put Bjork's All is Full of Love on Heavenly Garden.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How about DLC music to extend the soundtrack? Or load your own songs into the game.

Would put the whole Skyward Sword and Kid Icarus: Uprising soundtracks in Smash. :awesome:

@Kuma: what feature from Tekken Tag 2? I am not familiar with the game... would you please explain? I would appreciate it! =)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They could work only on the soundtracks of games that came after Brawl. And copy the rest.
I woulf love to have M&L: BIS soundtrack in Sm4sh...

Reyn and Dunban are not a tag team any more than anyone else in the party. They are not analogous to Kat & Ana (who are never seen apart), or Latias & Latios, who make up a legendary duo.
Regardless of what happens I know Reyn will show up somewhere

And why does this new game deserve to have more from the start?
Because there would be more overall this time

What I said for Xenoblade would basically being the smaller repping series had in Brawl. It transfers over with the overall SIZE of the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How does the Tekken Tag 2 thing work?

Also...what pieces should be remixed and which pieces should just be added?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If they do receive 4 then those 4 are pretty much guaranteed. Right now I'm still in debate whether or not the 3rd slot should go to Roy or Chrom.
Chrom, of course. They have to advertise, you know... ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If we get 3 Fire Emblem characters... either Roy returns and Ike is cut, the FE roster ends up as Marth, Roy and Chrom, or Ike returns, Roy doesn't and we get Marth and Ike alongside Chrom. Those are the likeliest possibilities.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think Micaiah is as likely as you think... you're setting up for a disappointment... though, I could be wrong. Currently, I am keeping my expectations low.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let people have desires, but don't mix them up with expectations. Always remember to keep expectations to a minimum to avoid crushing disappointment, but still have enough passion to hold onto something and expand on that.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm pretty sure if we get 4 FE reps, I'll be...
Four FE reps you say?

Roy
Roy
Roy
Roy
Here, let me elaborate on my post.

Roy (Young - FE 7)
Roy (Teenage - 15 years, FE 6)
Roy (Older - FE Awakening design)
Roy (Older, older - Middle age)

And this is me keeping my expectations low...

I'm joking, I'm joking. I'm hoping for 4 though. Don't know how likely it is, but it isn't impossible. (Wait, I think I've said this before?)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Micaiah and Ike for Radiant Dawn reps, alongside Marth (DLC Version) and Chrom for Awakening reps :bee:
Why does Radiant Dawn (one of the least well received games in the series) need two reps when other games in the series have none? And if any game were to get two reps, shouldn't it be either the most popular or most recent game in the series? (not that I think any FE game should get more than a single rep)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
these four represent well the various settings of FE:

Marth - Akaneia and Barensia (Shadow Dragon, Gaiden, Mystery)
Roy - Elibe (Sword of Seals and FE7)
Ike - Tellius (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn)
Chrom - Ylisse (Awakening)

The only ones left are Jugdral (Genealogy and Thracia) and Magvel (Sacred Stones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom