• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeup

Smash Lord
When I say mage character, I mean like a character's normal attacks aren't just augmented by magic, but are straight spells. Like check out Black Mage in SSF2. That's what I mean.

And Micaiah would be a good mage character.

Well as good as any other mage, but she's a girl and my top choice for a FE rep so I'm just pulling out any excuse for her.
I think she has like, G cups, or something.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what that words means, and I'm in a public place so I don't think I'll look it up
I'll just type it out for you.

They're the 'dere' archetypes in anime and stuff. 'Dere' comes from 'deredere' which means 'lovey-dovey.'

You have:

Tsundere, tsun means hate, so it's the girls that pretend to hate the guy they like. Think Asuka in EVA, or Helga in Hey Arnold.

Yandere, Yan refers to insanity, literally "love you to death" Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki is the best example.

Kuudere, Kuu is 'cool' or 'coy,' Think CC from Code Geass, or Horo from Spice and Wolf. Usually mentally mature girl/woman.
my personal favorite

Dandere, Dandere is the blank slate, rarely show emotion, and they display affection in very strange ways, think of Yuki from Haruhi, or Yin from Darker than Black.

Deredere, Lovey-dovey, usually a childhood friend, best example is Sumika from the Muv-Luv trilogy, or Uesugi Kenshin from the Rance games.

and Kanedere, Kane means money, so literally loves money, essentially a gold digger, think Nami from One Piece, or Fujiko from Lupin the 3rd.

There are surely a couple others, but those are the most commonly seen ones. You can apply this to just about EVERY girl (and some guys too, there are Tsunderes among men and stuff too) that appears in Japanese media, however some are hard to pin down, like Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari, they call her a "Tsundere" in a rather tongue in cheek kinda way, but she's more of a Kuudere if you really think about it, though, she also has Yandere qualities. If you can't pin them down to one archetype that means it's a well written character.

Who agrees on 4 FE characters?

Wolf and Lucas are NOT clones! They just have similar special moves compared to Fox and Ness, respectively! Their A attacks (save a few exceptions) are very much different.
4 is possible but not likely. Also if we get 4 is should be Marth, Ike, Chrom, Lyn :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know what? Screw Ghirahim and screw Tingle, when we have this... er, guy (?), Valtome from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Creepy thing is creepy. And he's one hell of a ******* in the game too.

Yes, that thing is a man.

D

Deleted member

When I say mage character, I mean like a character's normal attacks aren't just augmented by magic, but are straight spells. Like check out Black Mage in SSF2. That's what I mean.

And Micaiah would be a good mage character.

Well as good as any other mage, but she's a girl and my top choice for a FE rep so I'm just pulling out any excuse for her.
When you said SSF2 I was seriously thinking of Super Street Fighter 2, I stopped to think. "There were no 3rd party guests in SF games..." Then it hit me you meant Smash Flash.

Anyway, there's nothing preventing Michaia from using her Tomes as blunt weapons in Smash if added in. Think of Charlotte from Castlevania Portrait of Ruin on the DS. She used her Tome as a blunt tool for simple attacks.

A-are you... talking about her breasts??

If you are...
Michaia is B cup at best

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In RD yeah. But I think switching over to using Dark Magic had to do something with that. ;)

Would be interessted in what sort of actual good balanced moveset a 'spell casting only' character would have though...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The problem with spellcasters is that few lords in FE use spells: we only have Celica and Micaiah.

Unless they release a new FE in which the main character is a mage, I don't see it happening, unfortunately...

D

Deleted member

In RD yeah. But I think switching over to using Dark Magic had to do something with that. ;)

Would be interessted in what sort of actual good balanced moveset a 'spell casting only' character would have though...
They would be solely ranged characters.

Speaking of Spellcasting. A bit off topic, but I've been playing Skyrim. Skyrim+Mods=AMAZING.

I'm actually afraid of starting it up, because then I don't know what time I'd go to sleep tonight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The problem with spellcasters is that few lords in FE use spells: we only have Celica and Micaiah.

Unless they release a new FE in which the main character is a mage, I don't see it happening, unfortunately...
This is unfortunately, very true.

peeup

Smash Lord
New thought: Remove Olimar and instead have each color pikmin be their own character.

Also they should get rid of ROB :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People seem to hate R.O.B. because it supposedly crushed hopes and dreams in the eyes of many. In other words, R.O.B. was a scapegoat for complaints.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see why people would want him gone now. There isn'y any reason to complain about him of all characters. Smash 4 is basically a clean slate for any new character.

Including Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Poor R.O.B. gets no love. :c :rob:

For the record, never played as him much. But I liked him being there nonetheless.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The logic behing hating him literally makes no sense lol. It's like the characters themselves had minds of their own and decided Ridley couldn't join.

Or maybe it was the group of developers that made the game are to blame...but thats no fun right?:awesome:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Who agrees on 4 FE characters?
I know I'm late to the party on this, but I would be totally fine with Fire Emblem getting four reps. Most people just dissmiss it because they've never looked at the series and don't know how old and popular it is(in Japan at least).

Also: ROB should stay. If it weren't for him, there'd be no Nintendo(at least not in the U.S.).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One thing for sure, is that history will repeat itself. After all, everything is basically one big cycle. Looking back into the past will pretty much tell us about the future.

There will be the popular, the dark horses, and the despised. There will be much rejoicing, and much cringing.

peeup

Smash Lord
So how long are you gonna troll us

:phone:
Never gonna stop ;)

But I like putting in some serious 2 cents in every now and then. And its seriously stupid to single out ROB. You may as well single out any addition from Brawl. Especially people who wanted Ridley to be in. If ROB didn't get in, Ridley wouldn't be there in his stead. One of the Forbidden 7 would be.

I really wish Plusle+Minun were in Brawl. Fingers crossed for SSB4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One thing for sure, is that history will repeat itself. After all, everything is basically one big cycle. Looking back into the past will pretty much tell us about the future.

There will be the popular, the dark horses, and the despised. There will be much rejoicing, and much cringing.
So true....

You have my respect sir.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
New thought: Remove Olimar and instead have each color pikmin be their own character.

Also they should get rid of ROB :troll:
What if Olimar played like Pokemon Trainer. Down B would cycle through the pikmin types. :troll:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Trust me I have no clear reason to really hate ROB, but I do lol. to me personally he is a boring, pointless addition to the roster. just to be clear I'm not trying justify myself or dis people who like him, I just happen not too lol

peeup

Smash Lord
Trust me I have no clear reason to really hate ROB, but I do lol. to me personally he is a boring, pointless addition to the roster. just to be clear I'm not trying justify myself or dis people who like him, I just happen not too lol

omg you obviously know nothing about videogames history nintendo savior ROB videogames.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Its either R.O.B or a NES+SNES+N64+gamecube+Wii+WiiU Megazord. Hmm.... on second thought R.O.B's Final Smash should be changed....

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
omg you obviously know nothing about videogames history nintendo savior ROB videogames.
No, trust me I do. I know very well what he represents. I grew up with the nes and have moved up through all the systems. I just don't like ROB. Also I don't doubt his appearance in the next game.

peeup

Smash Lord
No, trust me I do. I know very well what he represents. I grew up with the nes and have moved up through all the systems. I just don't like ROB. Also I don't doubt his appearance in the next game.

Don't even know please get idea saving videogames too young before you were born, trust ROB is history of nintendo videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom