• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There is a general discussion thread if you want to post stuff like that.

Anyway, please try to follow this thread's topic, which is discussing about Smash 4's roster; the primary post tells you what can be discussed here.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't let the newsdrought get over you guys... E3's soon here enough. Soon...

Also we have Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pikmin 3 and now Fire Emblem Awakening to keep you busy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking on FE Awakening, it's time to talk about that game's main character: Chrom!

What kinds of moves would he have? Is he truly just another blue haired swordsman from Fire Emblem? Discuss!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike could use axes as a secondary weapon on some moves, and Chrom could use lances. Other than that, I see him as the perfect in between character of Marth and Ike. Which is also cool.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There is a general discussion thread if you want to post stuff like that.

Anyway, please try to follow this thread's topic, which is discussing about Smash 4's roster; the primary post tells you what can be discussed here.
A mod actually posting? It's a miracle!

As for Chrom, like most people, thanks to Gamestop (among other stores) I don't have access to FE13 yet, but from what I can tell so far it's still down to him and Roy for the last assumed (of 3) FE character spots, to which I'd guess would come down to moveset options. Once I get a hold of it this weekend you can expect for me to start giving my final verdict, along with revising my Grima stage concept.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say we go with Chrom's sister, because her design is awesome

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Celice is cool to yeah but his dad remains better. Leaf is also awesome. If only cause he can use all sort of weapons (save for Dark Magic). He's saved my army many many times cause of this.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
And if not any of the mentioned above, then Oliver. He's so badass. I'm sure he gets all the ladies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oliver like, Power Hungry Fool Oliver?

Hmm... Yeah, he's sexy.

D

Deleted member

I'd far rather see Micaiah than any other FE rep. Like, seriously, I want a straight up mage character.
You mean like Zelda and the inevitable Palutena? Both are basically mages.

I say we go with Chrom's sister, because her design is awesome
Sister? You mean
daughter
from the future
?

Ike could use axes as a secondary weapon on some moves, and Chrom could use lances. Other than that, I see him as the perfect in between character of Marth and Ike. Which is also cool.

Pretty much this, though I like the idea of Chrom using Holy Shield as a sort of boost move. Ike can get a Throwable Axe as his NeutB and his DownB becomes Eruption, and then all 3 FE characters are very different.

[COLLAPSE="Copy Pasta from a long time ago."]For Ike, give him Axes, such as the Tomohawk/Hand Axe as a 5B for some mid/long range zoning. It's a lot like Link's Boomerang but with more of a "slashy" multi-hit ability.

His 2B is now Eruption rather than Counter, it's got strong resistance to hit-stun making it a good defensive move. His 4/6B is modified, giving him less range, but more speed. It also takes much less to charge.

All of his defenses are upped so he has less hitstun, takes less damage, and less knockback from hits, thus making him more of a heavyweight, like he should. His running speed is the same, but his fall speed is faster, this is both a buff and a restriction. His jump height is reduced a bit. His attack range stays the same

His tilts and aerials are all given less delay, thus making them faster. His 4/6A is replaced to be an Anti Air attack, it is an angled hit that hits at 45 degrees above him, the range and speed on his 2A is dramatically increased to compensate for the lack of a horizontal poke. Lastly, like all characters, he's given the ability to chain and string moves together, so a standard combo for him would look like this 5A>5A>2A>8A>8Smash. All of his Smash attacks remain the same in speed, range and power, they are meant to be slow killing moves, and the best way to use them is in combos. Well, his 2Smash can be changed to be a faster move with a little less power, horizontal knockback maybe?

Overall Ike is meant to be a slow defensive character, he has deadly range and good pokes a la Sagat, his Anti Air is very fast and very lethal, his 5B Axe makes for a good defensive poke/zoning move. Due to his poor jump, his air game is terrible however, it is only good defensively, however, Aether makes up for it by giving him a good mix up move and a great recovery attack. Some of his A attacks and Aerials have replaced Ragnell with his dad's Axe, giving them different hitboxes. Likewise, his 4/6 Smash is Ragnell in one hand and his Dad's Axe in the other, thus justifying its power. Obviously he gets his FE10 getup.

Also, all of his stupid "I fight for my friends" taunts and attitude, has been changed to make him a more honorable and heroic figure. However, his personality is more Ruthless and Brutal (think Simon in Gurren Lagann), the kinda guy who get's **** done and counts on his will power to do so. Also, his ruthlessness reflect his vindictive, yet respectful demeanor from his games (he fought to avenge his father, yet still had compassion for his rival).

Chrom

4/6B is Aether, since he too has Aether, he gets it as well, but as a SideB, the only similarity with Ike's Aether here is the name. This Aether steals health from foes on impact, not much, but it still does it (a la Ragna in BB, his drive steals health), it is a Two-hit rush move, and a great combo opener.

His 2B is Holy Shield (I think it was you who suggested this), it is a temporary Ability that increases Chroms frail defenses for a while, while also increasing the power of all his SPECIAL attacks. After being used, it must be recharged before her can use it again. It recharges faster the more hits Chrom lands.

Somewhere in his tilts he has a Javelin as a weapon (Fair? or 4/6A), he throws it but it has a chain attached to it so it returns to him, it hits opponents twice. If you hit with the tip (at peak range) it hits once, but has much greater knockback, a decent killing move.

The rest of the moves will have to wait till I play FE13.

Chrom's general playstyle is a nice contrast between Marth's offence and Ike's defense. He's a very well rounded character, with a lot of diverse abilities, his specials have mediocre power, but once he powers them up with Holy Shield they become very powerful (think Tsubaki in BlazBlue with her specials and power up ability). He's got good ground and air attacks, but has less aerial range than Marth, he's also slower than Marth, his defensive game is good as far as defensive moves, unlike Marth, but like Marth, he's in trouble once takes high damage and can be knocked around easily. UNLESS, he has Holy Shield activated which lets him be more reckless (doesn't make him as tough as Ike, but still better than Marth), however, at high damages, Holy Shield lasts less time.

A far as personality, he inherits that "I fight for my friends" attitude Ike had in Brawl.

As for Marth, he's buffed to be more like in Melee, and his 4/6B is improved to be more like the Astral abillity in FE (what it's based off of), in fact I would make Marth's 4/6B like Noel's Drive in BB, where activating it changes his specials and allows combos to be stung more easlily.

With this, I no longer find them being similar at all. All 3 of them have very unique and diverse moves, playstyles and personlities.[/COLLAPSE]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, the blonde girl with the button lookinh things in her hair and the cage dress

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I quite expect FE Awakening-talk soon since the game's been released in US now. Still gotta wait though in Europe... (-;^;- )
I know, I know! I am European too... two month wait... (T_T)

And if not any of the mentioned above, then Oliver. He's so badass. I'm sure he gets all the ladies.
Oliver like, Power Hungry Fool Oliver?

Hmm... Yeah, he's sexy.

Even the manliest of men fall to Oliver's dashing beauty.

Oliver jokes aside, I think Chrom is one character very likely to appear. What if we have all FE veterans plus Chrom in the next game? How would you react?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Manly: she's Tharja (pronounced like her Japanese name サーリャ (Sārya), which reminds me of Saria from LoZ...). And I don't think that picture is an accurate portrayal of her (hint: Yandere). Still looks cute, though...

D

Deleted member

@Manly: she's Tharja (pronounced like her Japanese name Shariya, which reminds me of Saria from LoZ...). And I don't think that picture is an accurate portrayal of her (hint: Yandere). Still looks cute, though...
Yandere... Yeah I can see that in her. Never been a big fan of Yanderes personally, that explains why /v/ and /vg/ love her so much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yandere... Yeah I can see that in her. Never been a big fan of Yanderes personally, that explains why /v/ and /vg/ love her so much.

I don't know what that words means, and I'm in a public place so I don't think I'll look it up

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oliver jokes aside, I think Chrom is one character very likely to appear. What if we have all FE veterans plus Chrom in the next game? How would you react?
So, Marth, Ike, and Chrom? No Roy? :sadeyes: I'll be fine I guess...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ok all right then. I'll be A-ok! :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Define what you see as 'clone'?

Are Lucas and Wolf clones in your opinion for example?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Who agrees on 4 FE characters?

Wolf and Lucas are NOT clones! They just have similar special moves compared to Fox and Ness, respectively! Their A attacks (save a few exceptions) are very much different.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I agree on four FE reps. Don't know how likely it is, but it's not impossible.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that's a little much considering how many characters other, larger, franchises have

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not impossible, and it would be fair for me, since that series has a huge amount of characters.

@Psycho: tell that to EarthBound...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No. They're not... :) But Roy was. :(

Well, there where no real clones anymore in Brawl, so have no fear. Just look at Falco in Brawl and Melee. Roy would probably change similar to him. At worst.

Yes 4 FE characters, and yes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom