• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Picture Ridley and K. Rool being confirmed. Now, how does that make you feel?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
LMAO at all the dumb in this thread right now.

Anyway why are you all arguing Gens when you should be arguing character?

EDIT: Little Mac? Yeah, he's a good bet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Little Mac is one newcomer I consider likely. Putting Smash aside, he's more or less on the same boat as Pit, since he had a game after a long hiatus.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He's a bit of a boxer. Punches people and all that good stuff, despite being a bit short. Not as punchy as Captain Falcon, but he has some punch to him. Also he wears green.

Any words on Takamaru?[/SPOILER]
On the same boat as Little Mac, except that he didn't appear in brawl.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Takamaru is badass, nuff said.

He's another character I would like to see
despite having never played a game with him
. Smash is seriously lacking samurai.

Sorry guys, but Takamaru > Little Mac.

Sure, boxers are cool, but you can't beat the awesomeness of a samurai.

Takamaru vs. Sheik :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Takamaru is a band wagon character for all I care/

The Japanese don't exceptionally want him, they kind of expect him if there is a new retro. But he's not getting lots of support.

And people jump on him without having played his game

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Takamaru is badass, nuff said.

He's another character I would like to see
despite having never played a game with him
. Smash is seriously lacking samurai.

Sorry guys, but Takamaru > Little Mac.
But there are too many swords. We need some other weapon weilders

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

A. There isn't anyone with a katana, which is different from Link/Marth/Ike/Metaknight's swords.

B. Playstyles can and should differ.

C. There aren't many weapon weilding candidates who use something other than a type of sword. You have Bandanna Dee's spear... Yeah, that's pretty much it as far as iron weaponry goes. Trust me, nothing would do my heart better than to use something swinging a flail around, but Nintendo doesn't have anyone like that (except TP link, but that ship has sailed).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Habanero: One more reason to want Takamaru in. :awesome:

Little Mac is cool, too. A boxer wouldn't be a bad idea in Smash. And he's iconic, especially among retro players.

And... what's so bad about sword users? Takamaru has no mere sword... he has a katana, which has a different style from the more normal swords, thanks to its slightly curved design.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Little Mac shoe in. Because recent game and obviousness.
Takamaru likely. Because Nintendo Land and Sakurai liking the character.

Current views on Dillon?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Google this: Dillon's Rolling Western.
Yes. Nintendo's newest creation who currently only stars in one title, for eShop sadly, but who seemingly has better things planned in a trademarked name called 'The Last Ranger', which is the name of the sequel a trailer was shown for at the end of the game.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Little Mac is basically a definite. I'd put a decent sum of money on him getting in.

As for Takamaru, I'd much rather have Goroh be the game's samurai over him if it came down to it, but I don't think it's too out there to have both of them in Smash 4.

Dillon I'm not really all that enthused about, nor do I really see him as a contender tbh. IMO he's vastly outclassed and outprioritized by so many other characters atm. When he gets a fullscale game instead of a $10 download, then I might be willing to reconsider him. But as of right now, I can only see him as an Assist Trophy at best when there are so many more deserving series and characters lined up.

Just because they have a sword doesn't make them similar (except for the possibiltiy of Fire Emblem sword users).

We still have the likes of Shulk with the Monado, Isa Jo with his gun-sword, Matthew and Adult Isaac with their sword and Psyenergy attacks, Takamaru as a samurai, Ghirahim as a dark magic sword user, and Travis Touchdown with a beam katana and wrestling moves.

They would all offer something different.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Travis Touchdown IMO probably won't make it. I don't think Ghirahim will either thank fùcking jesus.
I don't see a sin and punishment rep getting in either. POSSIBLY golden sun. As far as third parties go I see Sonic and Snake staying. Definantly. Then Pacman. Then possibly Megaman.

Travis Touchdown IMO probably won't make it. I don't think Ghirahim will either thank fùcking jesus.

Travis Touchdown would be one of the NEWER 3rd parties I see them considering

And Ghirahim because of his importance to Skyward Sword, giving that Link and Zelda a villain

I also see both Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun having a chance because of their general popularity and in S&P's case, the return of the series.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Travis Touchdown would be one of the NEWER 3rd parties I see them considering

And Ghirahim because of his importance to Skyward Sword, giving that Link and Zelda a villain
But they have ganondorf...and Suda 51 was actually interested in getting him in. I just doubt it'll happen. Over the majorly iconic Pacman and majorly wanted Megaman.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dillon is unlikely to appear, yes. He has competition from more requested characters like K. Rool, Ridley or Little Mac. Him as an Assist Trophy is more likely.

As a Ghirahim supporter, I must note that Link and Zelda have Ganondorf already... or were you forgetting that?

Travis isn't as likely as you thing, by the way.

1000 posts!

But they have ganondorf...and Suda 51 was actually interested in getting him in. I just doubt it'll happen. Over the majorly iconic Pacman and majorly wanted Megaman.

For Skyward Sword Link and Zelda?

Also I didn't guarantee him. I just said he is one of the ones I consider, especially if Suda is pushing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom