• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
whoa... this thread is going way too fast! O_O

can barely keep up with the incoming stream of posts... >_>

anyway, Ganon is a badass and so is Mewtwo, whether or not they suck in SSB.

@Dark Phazon: so is mine. =P it's 4AM here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Count in Samus as well! Actually, both her 64 and Brawl incarations. Ness would've liked to PK Rock the hell out of everyone chain grabbing him as well I imagine.

See it as this Phazon, I know the future. Upcoming hour: you'll post more on Smashboards. Meanwhile, children in Africa die and other nasty *** things.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but the gerudo were theives, not to mention that ganondorf's mom(s), were 2 wicked witches who had a nack for black magic.
Why did he never have a dad?

:phone:
Because male Guerdo are born only every 100 years.
His father, if they don't reproduce asexually, would be some unimportant side character that isn't a Guerdo.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Really, if they were going by actual power, Mewtwo and Ganondorf would have been able to beat basically everybody. Remember, they are final bosses for a reason.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gerudo's love them some Hylian *insert bad word for male organ* though. So that means, all Gerudo are basically half Hylian. And you thought it was weird they went extinct?

If they wanna cut roster size, I wouldn't mind a mix between Lucas and Ness as Ness' new playstyle either actually.

Mother actually will have a new entry in the series soon, so was it announced. Wether it'll be remakes or not hasn't been said. But it's highly probable.

D

Deleted member

Really, if they were going by actual power, Mewtwo and Ganondorf would have been able to beat basically everybody. Remember, they are final bosses for a reason.
Kirby destroys Eldritch Abominations on a regular basis.
Mewtwo and Ganon simply don't compare to the likes of Zero and Nightmare.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Zelda needs to have a freaking Western RPG approach to its' atmosphere. What I mean by that is have:
-NPCs outside of the non-main character NPCs that actually add something to the game.
-A gigantic over world with no filler and lots of bonus areas to explore, which feels complete.
-Difficult gameplay (via more difficulty levels; Hero Mode was just double damage and less supplies) that makes the game more challenging.
-Loads of side quests.
-Interaction with people and things reveals changes in the games' world.
-Allow for massive battles. No seriously. Imagine riding Epona in the middle of a battle with cannonballs flying everywhere as you charge a bunch of zombie soldiers trying to take over Hyrule Castle. As you reach the enemy, a giant boss enemy appears (like 100 feet tall), along with some pretty huge enemies (like giant Helmetheads). If that image doesn't make you want this, there is something wrong with you.

In regard to Ness:
Ness is low/bottom tier in all 3 games. Sakurai and co needs to give him a tether recovery, a smash 64-esk PK Thunder, more speed, and more power and/or more combos.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because male Guerdo are born only every 100 years.
His father, if they don't reproduce asexually, would be some unimportant side character that isn't a Guerdo.
yeah, I remember that there's a Gossip Stone that says that Gerudo woman often go to the Hyrule Castle Town to find boyfriends.

Earthbound is dead. Ness might still be in, NOT Lucas.

I think Ness and Lucas will both return. the series just won't have any more newcomers, that's certain.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Kirby destroys Eldritch Abomination on a regular basis.
Mewtwo and Ganon simply don't compare to the likes of Zero and Nightmare.
Ness led the team that destroyed the Eldritch Abomination of Eldritch Abominations. But you'll notice that Zero, Nightmare, the Dark Matter, etc. aren't playable, nor is Giygas. Of the "playable" villains (well, Mewtwo is just a science experiment in his cave who wants to be left alone), Mewtwo and Ganon are tops.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser used Brawl hax to power himself up. Too bad that he still sucked in Brawl. Mewtwo quit afterwards, and Ganondorf became demotivated.

Thats the story of Event 51 people.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Bowser used Brawl hax to power himself up. Too bad that he still sucked in Brawl. Mewtwo quit afterwards, and Ganondorf became demotivated.
So many tyrants falling, one by one. While ever lasting peace is desirable, in truth a balance is needed to prevent turmoil.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Bowser is a special case, as he can vary in power based on whatever the plot demands. Remember, this is the guy who could be defeated by touching an axe.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo needs to go God Mode, and Ganondorf needs to turn into Ganon for a Final Smash (and not some crappy Blue Falcon crap).

Seriously, a Ganon boss fight in Smash, if done right, would be one of the greatest experiences ever...

...especially if afterwards, you could play as Ganon!!! :shades:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Zelda needs to have a freaking Western RPG approach to its' atmosphere. What I mean by that is have:
-NPCs outside of the non-main character NPCs that actually add something to the game.
-A gigantic over world with no filler and lots of bonus areas to explore, which feels complete.
-Difficult gameplay (via more difficulty levels; Hero Mode was just double damage and less supplies) that makes the game more challenging.
-Loads of side quests.
-Interaction with people and things reveals changes in the games' world.
-Allow for massive battles. No seriously. Imagine riding Epona in the middle of a battle with cannonballs flying everywhere as you charge a bunch of zombie soldiers trying to take over Hyrule Castle. As you reach the enemy, a giant boss enemy appears (like 100 feet tall), along with some pretty huge enemies (like giant Helmetheads). If that image doesn't make you want this, there is something wrong with you.

In regard to Ness:
Ness is low/bottom tier in all 3 games. Sakurai and co needs to give him a tether recovery, a smash 64-esk PK Thunder, more speed, and more power and/or more combos.
This is legend of Zelda, Not shadow of the colossus.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think they went the right way with buffing Ness in Brawl. Too bad of the chain grabs. Would like him better in the next Smash though. Maybe give him some more regular attacks with the bat? Like F Tilt? He could need something useful.

You know what I noticed in Brawl as well? Ganon as a Final Smash just dashes forward... Just how hard is he trying to copy Captain Falcon now??? Might as well call him the Purple Boar, and pretend it's an F Zero racing machine... Dayum. Gimme trident weilding Ganon as a Final Smash already.

Still like those ideas of John though. I wanna tear down whole armies as Link!

D

Deleted member

Ness needed a TEAM to defeat Giygas. And only defeated him with the power of worldwide prayer (I guess Goku's Spirit Bomb would be just as effective).
Kirby beats his Abominations with just a weapon, or occasionally, his own power in general.

As for your "But Zero, Giygas, Nightmare, etc. aren't playable" example Gamingboy, that is horribly irrelevant to the discussion.
The main point was that Ganondorf and Mewtwo would not "wipe the floor with everyone" if canon power was factored, since Kirby deals with enemies worse than them on a regular basis.
That being said, Kirby would be the one wiping the floor with the rest, unless he is unable to stop Sonic's pure speed (and even then, how is Kirby going to deal with Super Sonic?).

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Now, as for heroes, the Mother characters would probably come out on top as far as true power goes. Psychic abilities are strong, after all. The fact that we got a PK Starstorm and not PSI Rockin is disappointing.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo needs to go God Mode, and Ganondorf needs to turn into Ganon for a Final Smash (and not some crappy Blue Falcon crap).

Seriously, a Ganon boss fight in Smash, if done right, would be one of the greatest experiences ever...

...especially if afterwards, you could play as Ganon!!! :shades:

If Mewtwo & Ganon are alone in S Tier would it be so ridonkulous?

I think the stupid fast homo flee bitten space disease animals can sit this one out i hope...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is legend of Zelda, Not shadow of the colossus.
This is WiiU, not the Wii. Also, who says Zelda can't do big=??? I remember fight plenty of huge enemies throughout the series, fight tons of enemies at once in games like the original, Zelda II, ALTTP, and the Wind Waker. Why can't we have a massive war scene here and there or some enemy undead soldier mini-armies walking around=???

Ultimately, Zelda is what Nintendo makes of it. Apparently, Mario is, according to Nintendo, a platform/RPG/sports/party/puzzle/learning/etc series! :laugh:
Still like those ideas of John though. I wanna tear down whole armies as Link!
With that battle system in Zelda and some added gameplay speed, it would definitely be a treat. Even though the Wind Waker was easy as heck (like all 3D Zelda games), the parts where it was you versus tons of enemies in one room were some of the best moments in Zelda. Equally interesting were parts of the original LOZ when you were in a room with like 10 strong enemies, and it would keep getting more and more intense as your battle progressed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus probably would beat all. Next in line would be (random order): Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Ness, Lucas and Ike, given he has the blessing of Yune with him still.

And yes, Mewtwo needs to be Super ****ing Broken It's Not Even ****ing Funny Why The Hell Did I Want This Character Back tier.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Ness needed a TEAM to defeat Giygas. And only defeated him with the power of worldwide prayer (I guess Goku's Spirit Bomb would be just as effective).
Kirby beats his Abominations with just a weapon, or occasionally, his own power in general.

As for your "But Zero, Giygas, Nightmare, etc. aren't playable" example Gamingboy, that is horribly irrelevant to the discussion.
The main point was that Ganondorf and Mewtwo would not "wipe the floor with everyone" if canon power was factored, since Kirby deals with enemies worse than them on a regular basis.
That being said, Kirby would be the one wiping the floor with the rest, unless he is unable to stop Sonic's pure speed (and even then, how is Kirby going to deal with Super Sonic?).
He uses the star rod to make himself undefeatable.

Oh wait, wrong game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Ike and Pit say hi and put those abominations in shame. They are literal GOD KILLERS. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo battles deities that creates his universe as well. And more often than not wins it seems.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So we can agree that in canon characters are much more awesome then Super Smash Bros. makes them out to be.
This is it! you hit the dang nail! my boy!

The characters dont suck!
There just portrayed in Smash Horribly.

Like Really..Jigglypuff beating the **** outta Mewtwo in melee (-_-) ok thats real...

D

Deleted member

Pit could not do it on his own.
He required the Three Sacred Treasures and Palutena's power to defeat Medusa, and the Great Sacred Treasure, Palutena's power, Viridi's power, and frigging MEDUSA in order to defeat Hades.

I can't speak for Ike, but I'm pretty sure he had help from a goddess.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Mewtwo & Ganon are alone in S Tier would it be so ridonkulous?
No, I'm talking about Final Smash ideas. Like, if Ganon got a new (or another) Final Smash where you played as Ganon after Ganondorf transformed into Ganon. It would work like how Bowser turns into Ganondorf. As for Mewtwo, just make him go God mode for his Final Smash. Although, truth be told, I wish you could still damage fighters while they're in their Final Smash, assuming they transform (including these fighters and Giga Bowser).

But in regard to what I was saying, I mean like, what if in the story mode you fought Ganon, and then, later on, you fought a boss as Ganon. How awesome would that be=??? No really, it'd be like "I just poopied my pants and I don't give a crap" status awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike did had the help from a goddess, and a whole army of dudes who are just as powerful as him. If not more powerful in some cases. King Caineghis, you're ****ing awesome!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo's need to be a 5 x as long version of Lucario's, with 3 beams. And he's able to move around with it. Also, gravity would pull the other characters towards these very beams, and well: they'd wish they jumped of the edge. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom