• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rollerking & Dinkoman's House O' Sigs (CLOSED PERMANENTLY, come visit our new shop!)

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I'm Back. That's right, though I aint takin requests for about 2 days because I need a breather. But ya, you can all rest easy now. Everythings OK, your favorite person evar is back. lol
Glade to see you Rollerking!

The shop has been really boring, there hasnt been much excitment after you left... Oh and NakeDeDeD wants to show you something.

Roller

Smash Legend
Glade to see you Rollerking!

The shop has been really boring, there hasnt been much excitment after you left... Oh and NakeDeDeD wants to show you something.
I saw, lol. nice.
whats up rollerking welcome back
Thanks! I'll work on your animation tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little project I threw together really fast...

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
You might want to start posting so you can have a sig.:

If you want something changed just say so

Roller

Smash Legend
OK, I like the animation, and admire the obvious amount of time that you put into it. And for a first attempt at a long animation I like it. HOWEVER, I do have a good amount of constructive criticism for you to think about and fix on your next animation (should you make another long one).

First, Make the wording last longer, some parts of it are near impossible to read.

Next, Try to keep it to 2 plots or less, don't go trying to do 8 different stories in one animation (If you want to do that many then make it a series).

As always, work more on cutting it neatly from the sprite sheet. There weren't really any lines (that I saw) which is great, the main thing you need to look for is the parts where there is space in the middle of the sprite and take the background out of those, for instance, I saw a lot of green in explosions and various other people doing other things that was very out of place. It is a small detail but it is the little things that seperate good animators from decent ones.

I think that you did a nice job with the teleporting hand to hand combat though. Looks better than in most of your previous work. Good job there.

The biggest thing I would say though is to watch the skipping, there were a few parts where it was very evident, and that isn't good. I know it is tedious to do so many slides when you are doing a long animation, but putting that extra hour in of making a few more slides in some scenes could easily make the animation 3x as good.

So, very nice job for a long animation. Just keep those main easy to fix things in mind and incorporate them next time.

As for being better than Mojo...

I wouldn't concern yourself so much with who you are better than and who is worse than you. Just work on continually improving YOUR animations and do the best that you can. I honestly don't know who is better between the two of you. Mojo hasn't done a long animation yet, so I would have no way of judging that. But try not to worry too much about it.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
how long does it take you guys to make these animations and sigs? they look like they take a very long time to make!
For sigs for me it takes maybe 5 minuets at the least. As for animations wait till Rollerking gets on to answer the question.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ya, sigs only take me anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Animations however can take MUCH longer, I tend to make a lot of small adjustments to improve their quality, so mine take longer than most other animators. My Ice Climbers animation took me about 9 hours. And that isn't including the time I spent studying the chaingrabs to make it look as accurate as possible.

EDIT:

PROJECT UPDATE:

Doom, I am virtually done with the animation. The only real thing I want to do to it is add jaffar's shadow to a couple frames near the end when he is falling that I missed, then add the background you asked for. Here it is so far. Tell me if there are any other changes that you wanted.

As I said earlier, the triple parry is a tiny bit choppy, but not atrocious. The rest of it looks good to me. So, I'll make those last few modifications and get it to you completed ASAP.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Dinkoman, who is in your sig now besides kirby! You always baffle me!

And the animation's looking good, can't wait to see the finished product

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Ya, sigs only take me anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Animations however can take MUCH longer, I tend to make a lot of small adjustments to improve their quality, so mine take longer than most other animators. My Ice Climbers animation took me about 9 hours. And that isn't including the time I spent studying the chaingrabs to make it look as accurate as possible.

EDIT:

PROJECT UPDATE:

Doom, I am virtually done with the animation. The only real thing I want to do to it is add jaffar's shadow to a couple frames near the end when he is falling that I missed, then add the background you asked for. Here it is so far. Tell me if there are any other changes that you wanted.

As I said earlier, the triple parry is a tiny bit choppy, but not atrocious. The rest of it looks good to me. So, I'll make those last few modifications and get it to you completed ASAP.
wow amazing i love it. so can you put the floor in?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Dinkoman, who is in your sig now besides kirby! You always baffle me!
if you read the entire thing on my sig it says:

The Dinkoman, The origonal wheelie scooter

If you have played kirby air ride you know that the pic is a Wheelie Scooter from Kirby airide

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Ah, alas, I haven't played that game, so I'm sorry for the misconstruing. Please accept my apologies

also, i was wondering if you would make the same person more than one sig (i.e. me)?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Ah, alas, I haven't played that game, so I'm sorry for the misconstruing. Please accept my apologies

also, i was wondering if you would make the same person more than one sig (i.e. me)?
Your apologies are accepted.

Yes I could but I dont know how big it could be.......

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Rollerking, take a look at my sig in my shop or in the critique topic. You might like it because I made the same way as an animation

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Dinkoman: Well I was wondering if I could get one with G&W facing off against Pikachu, kind of how Kirby and Mario face off in the beginning of Subspace, and maybe something with "Elmo" in the middle...if not no big deal just wondering :)

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
its pretty awesome - I see you drifted away from the lines? Just a notice, and is there another color for the elmo? I cant read it but it may be me, i do have pretty bad eyesight.... Thank you by the way

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I have a request for a sig. I would like a pikachu with a green bandanna riding an F-22 Raptor, with elctricity radiating from his boy down to the ground (or just outwards if you cant put in a ground very easily). I would also like my name and the quote "And Thunder shall rain down from the Heavens!"

Actually, also through in High Voltage if you can. if you think this is too much text, you can leave that out.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I tried my best at it so:

tell me what you think, if you want something changed tell me

btw pimans new sig:

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Dinko. I have a friend who is probably gonna join SWF, so I'd like to make a sig for him. His sheezyart name is Datlan, so I'm pretty sure he's gonna use that name. He mains Luigi, so use this picture:

http://o.aolcdn.com/gd-media/galleries/281/a_Luigi1.jpg

Make the background have green fire, and the text something silly and Luigi-ish. Make the text green. The size should be the same as mine. Thanks!

Roller

Smash Legend
Maybe I'll take a swing at raptor's request.

EDIT:

*Swinging*

2nd EDIT:

Finishing up. I REALLY like how it came out. Just loading it to photobucket now...

3rd EDIT: Done. I made 2 versions, one WITH High Voltage, one without. If you would like any changes let me know. =)

Version A:

Version B:

Hope you like it! (like I said, any changes let me know)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Version B is aweseome Rollerking. The funny thing was I was about to post that exact F-22 picture to be used. I do have a couple smalle requests. could you change the font to a cursive style like Dinkman's? Could you also take the symbol for our high voltage clan and put it on both wings? It doesnt have to be big on them, just noticable. Could you also shrink pikachu a little? I want to see how that looks. Thanks for your efforts guys.

Top Bottom