• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly 8 Results

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
This was perhaps the best monthly yet! Excellent job to all of you, I had a blast running it.
Here are the results.

Melee Singles

1. Sinister ($120):sheikmelee:
2. Jace ($60):falconmelee:
3. Zivilyn Bane ($20):marthmelee:
4. RFrizzle:falconmelee:
5. Strong Bad
5. Terry
7. King Siegfried
7. Zantetsu
9. Hylian
9. Eo
9. Shinobi
9. Cookiemonsta
13. Terral
13. Ugvts
13. Vista
13. Raigothdagon
17. Ryan
17. Moonwalker
17. Shard
17. Greg

Melee Doubles

1. Sinister/Shinobi ($42)
2. Tiger and Bunny [Strongbad/Jace] ($12)
3. Make it Rain! [Zivilyn Bane/Zantetsu] ($6)
4. RFrizzle/Cookiemonsta
5. Millennium Edition [King Siegfried/Vista]
5. Terral/Moonwalker

PM Singles

1. Strongbad ($60):dk2:
2. RFrizzle ($17):falcon:
3. Hylian ($10):link2:
4. Zivilyn Bane :charizard:
5. Fishburne :ness:
6. Shinobi
7. Jace
7. Cookiemonsta
9. King Siegfried
9. Terry
9. Terral
9. Uvgts
13. Gabe
13. Zantetsu
13. Raigothdagon
13. Sinister
17. Shinobi
17. Oscar

PM Doubles

1. Strongbad/Hylian ($20)
2. The Harlem Globetrotters [King Siegfried/Fishburne] ($10)
3. RFrizzle/Jace
4. Ugvts/Terral

Important Links

Tournament Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/rolla-monthly-8-march-9th-2013-rolla-mo.334471/

Melee Singles Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/OBZpCNm.gif

Melee Doubles Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/2zjGiqz.gif

PM Singles Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/0GadZoI.gif

PM Doubles Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/ZpL37a6.gif

Shinobi's Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SS4xShinobi/featured

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

1. Sinister - Good Job winning GF's. Arn't you glad I warmed you up for the Jace storm? Hope to see you at SMYM.
2. Jace - You looked really tired. Get more sleep! Also, friendlies next time. Thx for giving us a great show for GF's.
3. Zivilyn Bane - Your Marth is as imposing as ever. Perhaps a mm next time?
4. RFrizzle- I hope my son is like you.
5. Strong Bad- Stop taking everyone's money in PM. Oh, and good job. I enjoyed our PM doubles gf's.
5. Terry - My most hated Sheik. You keep getting better. I'll get you next time.
7. King Siegfried- Stay classy. Keep working on dat Peach.
7. Zantetsu- Didn't play you at all this tourney! Go to SMYM.
9. Hylian - You should play more Melee! I don't know anything about PM Link. Good job winning doubles.
9. Eo - We finally played! 1 match. Nearly 7 minutes. Haha.
9. Shinobi - Work through your matchup demons. Thx for bringing the recording setup, I appreciate it.
9. Cookiemonsta- I'm happy to finally beat you in a tourney set. It's been quite awhile.
13. Terral - Your Pikachu keeps getting scarier. You wizard. Hopefully a Springfield venue can be acquired.
13. Ugvts - Thx for coming. I still don't know how you got there before the rest of Springfield.
13. Vista - You're traveling the path to dominance. Keep going.
13. Raigothdagon - Thanks for coming to my tournament again. I'll be practicing my pronounciation of your Smashtag.
17. Ryan - Best Yoshi NA.
17. Moonwalker - Thx for bringing KC! You should keep coming and playing Smash!
17. Shard - Hey! :D I'm sad to learn you'll be busy during my next few monthlies; keep working on everything. Thanks for bringing brownie/sugar/gooey things and being awesome.
17. Greg- First official tournament, eh? Thx for coming, Chinstrap. We'll have to play more since you live here.
Fishburne- Live strong in the afro-brotherhood.
Gabe- 2nd tourney, now? I didn't get to play you in friendlies, but it was nice seeing you and your brother again.
Oscar- 1st timer as well? I think you have a lot of potential. Let's do some training this month.

Great tournament, guys! I really like this venue more than the South Lounge, so I'm going to try and continue to use it. I'm aiming to make the next one in early April.
Meditate on what you all learned this weekend; hone your skills and come back next month!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
BOBBY FRIZZ THE FALCON WHIZ?
BOBBY FRIZZ THE FALCON WHIZ?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
1. Sinister - I knew you could do it Sam! Nice job getting first. Also thanks for not going Sheik the whole time against me so as to save me some embarrassment :)
2. Jace - Jeez man you really took some anger out on me in pools lol. That was discouraging. Revenge for our P:M set possibly? Your Falcon is as sexy as ever and I bet your Ivysaur will be unstoppable fairly soon.
4. RFrizzle - DUDE! We had the most epic P:M set ever. It was so fun. I'm glad I got revenge on you in Melee from the October Rolla. Let's be rivals, yeah?
5. Strong Bad - You would've beat me with DK in Melee for certain.
5. Terry - I badly want you to beat me, but I will not let you win. When you do it, it will be glorious.
7. King Siegfried - That's like three straight tournaments where we didn't play at all in singles. Unacceptable. Come stay a day in Springfield.
7. Zantetsu - Good job in teams. I felt we did better. Always good to see another epic Zantetsu comeback win also.
9. Hylian - Good games dude! Your Link is good in P:M for sure. I would've loved to have beaten RFrizz and had another chance at it.
9. Eo - You are getting better very fast. It was fun playing you so keep playing and improving!
9. Shinobi - Good games in teams and the couple of friendlies we played. You're a cool guy.
9. Cookiemonsta - Next time sleep more so you can **** like usual.
13. Terral - Your pikachu is so good. It's cool to have a secondary, but you should stick with Pika.
13. Ugvts - It's always nice to see you Robbie. Also kudos on winning two bracket games and even beating that good Yoshi (ryan).
13. Vista - Didn't get to play you at all. Next time we should get some friendlies in.
13. Raigothdagon - Looking forward to training more with you and watching you get amazingly good very fast.
17. Ryan - Your Yoshi is awesome. I bet it's barely scratching the surface of your potential.
17. Moonwalker - I didn't get to play you either.
17. Shard - We should talk some time about Samus - I used to main her for two years and have played a lot with HugS back in the day.
17. Greg - I don't remember who you are. Keep playing though :)

Fishburne - Man I can't believe you can actually lose at P:M. I still don't believe it to be true. Next time let's play something.

Fishburne

Smash Rookie
Great tourney everybody!
Sinister - Awesome set against Jace in GF's! Thanks for the show!
Jace - Nice seeing you again! I didn't get to play you in Melee at all, but your Falcon was as impressive as ever.
Zivilyn Bane - We should have played some more PM this time around. Great set with RFrizzle in PM!
RFrizzle - I suppose I'll have to train even harder in order to defeat you in PM. Good stuff making it all the way to GFs with Strongbad.
Strongbad - Cool to see you again man. We never did get any proper PM friendlies in. I would have liked to meet you in bracket. Ah well...
Terry - This makes twice in a row that we've crossed paths in the PM bracket. We need more friendlies.
King Siegfried - I commend you for spelling my name incorrectly in the PM bracket. GG's in teams. We'll take it next time.
Zantetsu - Another person I've met in bracket at the last tourney. GG's. Hope to get more games with you next time.
Hylian - Your Link is OP in Project M. You and Strongbad obliterated us in PM teams... We'll have to get better to beat you guys next time.
Shinobi - Thanks for bringing recording stuff for the tourney! We need more friendlies in everything next time. Crazy fox tech skill.
Cookiemonsta - Killing machine in teams! I watched you dominate Vista and Siegfried like it was nothing. Too much for me to handle.
Terral - Awesome friendlies. You've got a solid Fox in PM. We should have done at least a game or two in Melee. Next time for sure.
Vista - You performed admirably for somebody who had Strongbad thrown at them right away in bracket. Win it all next time.
Ryan - Represent that Yoshi! We'll get some intense training in before this next monthly and you'll destroy everybody.
Shard - Best. Snacks. Ever. I wish I had more to say but we never spoke or anything... Thanks for the awesome baked goods though!
Fishburne - 5th place? Do better, scrub!
Moonwalker - Thanks for bringing KC up to this!
Gabe - I'm a horrible teacher, but I hope the stuff I told you about DJC made sense to you. Practice it! I look forward to our next meeting.
Oscar - Representing Rolla. I was really impressed with how you did against Strongbad. I thought you'd take game two.

I hope everybody can make it next time!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, does anyone remember who Jace, Shinobi, and Cookiemonsta used in PM singles? Also, if entry fee was $5 and there were 18 people, why do the tournament winnings add up to $87 instead of $90?

Also, good **** to Strong Bad for winning and to Zivilyn Bane for repping Charizard :).

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Man, do I have a lot to say.
Great tournament, I can't express how thankful I am to Brandon for hosting and TO'ing and Moonwalker for taking KC. Shoutouts!
Sinister- You played super duper well, and had some really entertaining and brutal techchases and combos. Never hope to fight you honestly but you are a spectacle to watch.
Jace- Ya gave it your all man, I know you'll get him next time. You just need to brush up on not going to the ledge while he's ledgecamping. You pooped on me as always when we played but I had a great time watching your matches, you're always an inspiration and a great fan "get frizzed on"
Ziv- MY DUDE! Man I loved our set in PM (was blazed as hell and so scared during your comeback) and you played insanely well in our Losers set in melee. Your rivalry invitation is accpeted, hope we can have a ff5 money match if we don't meet in bracket next time. Good stuff beating SB, you were so on point this tourney it was unbelieveable.
Strong Bad- Man I loved both sets we played. You really are bad against Falcon but that doesn't mean I don't have a chip on my shoulder for taking those games in PM. Really looking forward to playing you (hopefully in GF) next time. Thanks for yelling BOBBY FRIZZ THE FALCON WHIZ when I did cool stuff.
Terry- Good job dude, Shinobi is pree good, mm me next time
Shinobi- Rough tournament man, don't know what to say besides that. Looking forward to a run-back and seeing you again.
Vista- You're a quiet guy, feel free to talk to me or Jace about Falcon stuff (docs cooler tho), and keep on improving.
Roman- Good job beating SB in pools, I know you'll be back on the horse once you guys get your stuff back together in Springfield, you p00ped on us in teams.
Cookie- Thanks for teaming with me man, sorry I'm bad at teams, we just need a bit more of that synergy. Let me know if you wanna team again at some point. Great job for running on no sleep
Siegfried- BRANDON! you rock for hosting this, I know it's gotta be really difficult, especially to refuse a homeless guy with like 400 dollars in your pocket. Keep building your Midwest army, I'll be bringing some new recruits next time hopefully. Keep focusing on your improvement, it's showing already. I'll bring some of that bubba for next time. ;)
Shard- Awesome baked goods and a generally awesome person. It's awesome to meet a girl who plays both smash and football lol. I'm too wimpy for the latter. Keep practicing, the MO guys will get you there. awesome for like 2 months of playing.
Hylian- You're a lot better in melee than I had given you credit for! Hope I get to play you at the next ROMO, you make a solid PM rival lol. Thanks for pointing out my falcon punch was accidental, ya jerk
Fishburne- Your bracket for PM was soooo whack. Man that is freakin' lame. Hopefully next time we can stay out of each others way and end up in some finals matches. You are still hilarious and awesome, see you next month. Thanks for tipping me off about the stoner mango drinks
Radio hoster guy- sweet zelda, talk to me more at the next one, keep practicing
Gabe? (no glasses Oklahoma kid)- It was awesome to meet you man. You were like my one fan who followed me around and said "very nice" whenever I did a combo, and that's always nice. You are awesome for never having anyone to play with. Midwest is pretty desolate sometimes. Keep coming out, and talk to fishburne for Ness and Lucas stuff and you can always come to me, Jace, SB, or pretty much anyone there for advice. Watch lots of videos, hope to see you at the next one. P.S. listening to you tell Hylian you thought he was really cool was so good, keep that good **** up lol
Glasses Oklahoma kid- Didn't talk to you at all but you guys seem really cool. You should get your brother to play melee.
Eo- Sorry if I ever seem like I brush you off or something, I always intend to play with you more than I do. :L you keep improving, hope to fight you again at some point.

That about does it, if I didn't remember you just grab me at the next ROMO and we can hang out for sure.

Chinstrap

Smash Rookie
Technically my 2nd tourney, though I don't know if it was counted anywhere last time or even if I played under the same tag. Also, having not played in like 6 months and learning about the tourney a few hours before entering, my last place finish was THE BEST LAST PLACE FINISH EVAR!!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shoutouts:

I love you all and you are all awesome.

The end.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
brandon
you forgot the space in my name in PM singles

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed with how I did in grand finals, but I still had a great time and loved seeing you all there

too lazy for actual shoutouts ><

but ggs all, thanks brandon for hosting, kc crew for being awesome and shinobi for recording

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Sinister - I don't know if I've even seen Mew2King move like you did in that second grand finals set. Good stuff, we need to get some friendlies in some time.
Jace - It's always good seeing you, and glad we were finally able to play each other after all of these months. It was hard seeing you lose grand finals, but I'm sure you'll have the chance to redeem yourself before too long.
Zivilyn Bane - I somehow managed to forget that you got third. I didn't watch any of your sets, but I will once they're uploaded. Thanks for driving us.
RFrizzle - You really surprised me with how much better you are since the last time we met. Your Falcon is so smooth. There aren't all that many Falcon players who are as consistent with conversions as you are.
Strong Bad - Good stuff in PM. DK too good.
Terry - I think you'll be placing higher once we start playing regularly again, even if you have to beat Ziv to do so.
King Siegfried - It's very weird playing against Peach after not having done so since the last time we faced off. We need to get friendlies in some day. Thanks for hosting, and that new room is great.
Zantetsu - Wow, you had a really rough bracket. Good stuff placing as high as you did against that kind of competition.
Hylian - You might be incredibly rusty but your shines are better than anyone else I've played other than Deku. I had no idea what to do against that. You should play Melee more, but not against me.
Eo - You've gotten a whole lot better since the last time we played. Your Marth is pretty solid. Keep up the good work.
Shinobi - Thanks for recording matches. I actually forgot I played you in pools until the day after the tournament. I don't think I was entirely present for that match, but good stuff.
Cookiemonsta - It was good seeing you, we need to get more friendlies in at one of these.
Terral - Pika Pika
Ugvts - Really glad you made it. Hopefully you can come to more of these. Sandshrew.
Vista - After playing your Falcon, I can understand why you gave up on maining Doc. You've really improved a lot since we last met.
Raigothdagon - It was fun carpooling with you guys, and good games.
Ryan - Your Yoshi is pretty good. I think the matchup is winnable, you just have to approach it differently. I'm pretty sure there's a video of some friendlies between V3ctorman and Axe where he wins a couple matches.
Moonwalker - It was fun teaming in doubles, the bracket was just really stacked. Fun friendlies, hopefully we meet again.
Shard - I wasn't sure how sarcastic you were being about Pikachu projectile camping, but I thought it was funny anyway. Still a good set, I'm not used to fighting Samus.
Greg - I don't think we met, but I'm pretty sure you were the guy who was whistling during one of my pools matches.
Fishburne - Ness is just crazy in PM, but I had a lot of fun playing friendlies. I wasn't sure if you really played Melee anymore, so I didn't offer to play in that game.
Gabe - Again, fun carpooling. It's too bad we didn't get to play each other. I hope Terry and I didn't bore you too much with our FPS talk.

Otenu

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, Gabe here. Made an account to say thank you guys for the shoutouts! You all did great, some of those matches got pretty intense, and it always seems like the tournaments end too quickly. Smash has a friendly community with some great skills, sometimes its sad that not everyone can be 1st place. Shoutout from me to everyone who attended, thanks for coming and sharing a few games, hope to see everyone at the next tournament!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
EDIT: WRONG THREAD my bad.

brandon you're a jerk, my name is Strong Bad not Strongbad.

Top Bottom