• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i just got a 56 consecutive hit combo with bowser against wario

grab release, run behind wario, and pivot grab= infinte chaingrab

unless they ground release somehow?

Limeee

Smash Champion
but bowser can also use his f-smash out of warios air release

and marth wears a tiara
this also works well on platforms

EDIT: wow, snake can do it too wait nvm, it sends him too high

am i doing something wrong? cuz this completely ****s over wario, since i can even do it on a platform
wow
time to 3 stock keith

EDIT2: just tried it against lvl 9 cpu, i seem to get it inconsistenly
am i just being ******** again? it had consecutive hits in training mode

T-block

B2B TST
Quite a few characters have something like that on Wario. ZSS and Yoshi don't even have to move to regrab. Also, if you're pummeling, it means Wario can ground release (or something...these mechanics appear to be really complicated ;D).

Training mode counter is inaccurate in all sorts of ways btw... doesn't really mean anything.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
first of all, cpus don't always di like a human would

second, from what i understand, the training mode counter counts the second half of hitstun as a combo even though you can air dodge or do an aerial (aka momentum cancel) during that period.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Training mode counter is inaccurate in all sorts of ways btw... doesn't really mean anything.
You don't even know the half of it. I was using Falco against DK in training in Brawl - , and for some reason every D-air I landed was considered a consecutive hit, even if DK was getting up and starting a attack, or had teched. I ended up with a 150% "Combo".

Alphicans

Smash Hero

second, from what i understand, the training mode counter counts the second half of hitstun as a combo even though you can air dodge or do an aerial (aka momentum cancel) during that period.
There is no DI in grab releases >_>.

But, you're right Jamie, wario gets ****ed over by grab releases...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Grab releases can't be DIed. There's some kind of SDI associated with ground breaks IIRC, but it's not enough to prevent some infinites. But yeah, the training mode counter is silly. =P

Edit: Ninja'd. Dammit, Luke... >.>

:005:

Limeee

Smash Champion
lmao i was gonna say that

and t-block, can you test this with bowser against wario?

i wanna know if it actually works because sometimes the CPU jumped out but it was fairly inconsistent

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I've just been going by the 'feet off the ground rule', though you can still air-release if you hit an upwards direction on the control stick, (EVEN IF TAP JUMP IS OFF, WTF) or jump. I just run my finger across A and B, and do a half circle back and forth on the joystick (doing C-stick up also air-releases in some cases).

Rule #1 as Wario: Don't get grabbed.
Rule #2 as Wario: You just got grabbed, didn't you. :(
Rule #3 as Wario: ????
Rule #4 as Wario: Death.

Limeee

Smash Champion
I've just been going by the 'feet off the ground rule', though you can still air-release if you hit an upwards direction on the control stick, (EVEN IF TAP JUMP IS OFF, WTF) or jump. I just run my finger across A and B, and do a half circle back and forth on the joystick (doing C-stick up also air-releases in some cases).

Rule #1 as Wario: Don't get grabbed.
Rule #2 as Wario: You just got grabbed, didn't you. :(
Rule #3 as Wario: ????
Rule #4 as Wario: Death.
LOL.
keith come up and play ****it

and just like t-block said in his thread, we don't have enough knowledge of grab release to have set in stone "rules"

its very inconsistent

brningpyre

Smash Lord
That's what I'm saying. I just use rules of thumb, that work the majority of the time (or so it seems).

But if Marth grabs me at 80+%, with no platform in sight, I just get ready to hammer on the sticks, when he Up-Smashes me.

I'll come up later. I'm screwing with my guitar an' stuff now.

T-block

B2B TST
Training mode also counts consecutive pummels as consecutive hits even though Bowser's pummel definitely does not combo into itself.

Grab releases cannot be DI'd...should be pretty obvious. Wario's air release has a set trajectory. Jake, SDI refers to movement while in hitlag, and there's no hitlag on grab releases. You can "DI" ground releases, but all it is is influencing whether you break close to the grabber or farther away, which is probably what you're talking about.

The "feet-off-the-ground" rule still holds, so characters that hold Wario high enough can force him to air release. To be honest, even with these new grab release results, I'm still gonna play as if the old model still holds. It's seemed to work up until now.. I just can't understand why my results showed what they did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bowser could pivot grab infinite (although he'll trip eventually =P). One thing that does affect this is whether Wario has his double jump. Maybe if they still have their double jump when you grab them they'll be able to jump out. And if you grab them out of their double jump you'll be able to get the regrab?

EDIT: Whyyy can't I stop laughing at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeitijKtPSA

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you grab him out of his double jump, it'll be work, but no damage will be done because if you pummel him he'll be able to jump lol.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Training mode also counts consecutive pummels as consecutive hits even though Bowser's pummel definitely does not combo into itself.
That's exactly how I got all the trophies that involved getting combos in training mode back in the day. :embarrass

Grab releases cannot be DI'd...should be pretty obvious. Wario's air release has a set trajectory. Jake, SDI refers to movement while in hitlag, and there's no hitlag on grab releases. You can "DI" ground releases, but all it is is influencing whether you break close to the grabber or farther away, which is probably what you're talking about.
Ok, yeah, that's what I meant. I thought it was different from regular DI, so I just said SDI. =P

EDIT: Whyyy can't I stop laughing at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeitijKtPSA
Youtube isn't letting me watch videos. *rage*

Edit: Life would be sweet if the above were true.

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh sorry, got upB and jump jumbled together :\. And apparently snake with the rest of the cast. LOL! ****, I fail.

EDIT: Actually I just got catching a character out of their upB meshed together with catching them in their double jump. Slight redemption?

Limeee

Smash Champion
okay we just looked at the rules,
wtf with sudden death played out? keith just beat me, if that's the case...

and no suicide rules?

RPS wtf

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Personally I think if a time out happens in brawl the sudden death should be played out no matter what. I am not joking btw.

T-block

B2B TST
There actually aren't any suicide rules necessary, except maybe in the case of Ganondorf. In the case of Ganondorf, all the rule is doing is artificially buffing Ganondorf, so I opted to leave it out.

Which suicides did you have an issue with?

T-block

B2B TST
Kirby and D3 both win if they pull of a successful suicide. Sudden death only happens if they break out just before you both die.

Bowser can already force a win by delaying his death with a double jump during his suicide. If he fails to do that, then punishing that player mistake with forcing him to play the sudden death seems reasonable.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
so i was using some of the advice Jack gave me tonight against Jamie and Keith and i was dominating and Jamie said "Your Marth is ACTUALLY fun to play against now" haha. I'll try to keep improving under the guidance you've given me Jack, thanks.

also MK is gayyaayayaya

brningpyre

Smash Lord
So many spoofs... so many... I like the Star Trek one, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgNpaP_JfFA

About the suicide rules... I don't mind sudden deaths personally (Wario does well in them, unless it's Marth or MK, lol), but they don't seem as... 'legit'. But the rules shouldn't favour any particular character, or style of play, so that makes it a bit difficult.

Edit: Mike! Why no love for the Ganon~? jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom