• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
aw man, i just had a dream that i went to a tourney T.T

i've got a banquet to go to on the feb weekend thoughhh
Tourney > banquet
We can just have the tourney at the banquet lol
New venue.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I think after this monthly I'm gonna take a break to pursue BlazBlue. Just a month or two though. Nothing big. And I'll still go to the smashfests and whatnot.
Good man. You keep getting better and better every time I see you, I expect that much more next time we play.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Good man. You keep getting better and better every time I see you, I expect that much more next time we play.
My aim is that at least for Alberta, I'm one of the people to beat. My plan is gonna be the same as Brawl. Going to master Ragna until I'm practically pro level, and then branch off into learning other characters. Worked with Sonic when I started using Wario, Yoshi, Fox and whatevs.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think after this monthly I'm gonna take a break to pursue BlazBlue. Just a month or two though. Nothing big. And I'll still go to the smashfests and whatnot.
I don't get it. You're taking a break, but will still attend smashfests... Why not enter tournaments then?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don't get it. You're taking a break, but will still attend smashfests... Why not enter tournaments then?
Because I like hanging out with you guys? Cuz you're my friends? :p

Best parts of the smashfests are when we're either playing BlazBlue/Smash/whatever, and then we take a trip to get something to eat or go to Dairy Queen or something.

I'm going for you guys. S'what I've always been doing.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Hey guys if BC was to come up there, what would be the cheapest and most efficient method? Right now we're looking at about $200 round trip for the Greyhound alone, which isn't so bad but we'd definitley like a cheaper option if possible. And what would be a good date if we were to show up?

So far it's all just small talk and whatnot, but 3 of us are seriously considering coming at the moment. So yeah any help would be appreciated, I'm trying my best guys. :urg:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah the problem is we aren't sure if we have a driver, lol.

Atm I'm just kind of assuming we don't, but if we find someone great.

Y'all wouldn't happen to know about any discounts via Greyhound or something, would you?

lilseph

Smash Ace
My aim is that at least for Alberta, I'm one of the people to beat. My plan is gonna be the same as Brawl. Going to master Ragna until I'm practically pro level, and then branch off into learning other characters. Worked with Sonic when I started using Wario, Yoshi, Fox and whatevs.
Good luck being one of the best in AB. There are some really good players up n Calgary. ;)

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Are you telling me you aren't the best in AB kyle?!

Needs more salt and trash talk \o/. Hopefully my etokki will arrive soon so I can actually play you for real kyle -_-;

lilseph

Smash Ace
haha yeah I'm not the best in AB. As far as I know there is a Lambda in Calgary that is quite a bit better than I am. I know there are a few others in Calgary but I'm not to sure on their current skill levels. Oh and Scrimgore is as good as I am if not better.

Also I would love to play you at your best. You seem to be a fairly good player its just your always playing with a handicap xD

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Well I bought an etokki for PS2 -> 360. I hope to see you guys next time stefan hosts (24th?) without a handicap `-`.

Inb4itgetslost

lilseph

Smash Ace
Well seeing as Mark loves his chain grabs + gay set ups he seems like a Carl main to me.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I secretly play BB:CS and I could **** all of you.
We're playing BB:CSX, though. You're behind the times, dawg.

That said, I'm enjoying KoF XIII a lot. I picked up SC5, and played through it a bit for the character creation stuff. Otherwise it would take too much time to learn the combos, etc. I'd rather move the TV back downstairs and play more Brawl (hint, hint, Mike/Jamie).

As a sidenote, I still can't get the internet connection working on my computer. I'm going to try some stuff tonight, but until it gets fixed, I'll only be checking this thread sporadically.

(I've been tethering to my iPhone, but I don't want to waste my data plan)

Limeee

Smash Champion
i dont actually need the tv up here, but once i get tales of symphonia the tv's back in my room
so take it down yourself homo
KOF XIII is super fun
:009:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Jamie was using alternate lifestyle Falcon at Yoshara's place..

it all makes sense now

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
it's all about that OG status, yo

blood falcon gets obligatory mention though

:falcon:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I am buying ToA asap. It's by far my favourite game for the PS2 and my favourite Tales of game.

Frio

Smash Champion
I've never owned a Sony product but I've always heard ToA is the best so I'm pretty excited.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well you heard right. Don't even wait just get it as soon as you can.

I heard it was sold out in Europe almost immediately and there was a severe lack of stock for the game.

The replay value is good if you like having access to extra Mystic Artes and a few other bonuses.

Frio

Smash Champion
I have midterms this week so I don't have time to go get it/ don't want the temptation to play :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ah I see. Good luck with those! 加油!

So glad last week is over it was probably the worst school week I've ever had.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yay my etokki adapter arrived.

Now I get to wait until the next time stefan hosts to try it.

Frio

Smash Champion
Luke . says
there are straight guys who like it too though
so
large proportion of small population like it
Mark . says
Dude
Luke . says
smal proportion of large population for straights
Mark . says
They gotta