• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB PR Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Submit your top 10 ROBs from the list below, the deadline for submissions will be Wed March 24.
You may include as many honorable mentions as you see fit.

R.O.B. players who are being considered:
(In alphabetical order)

Bees (BobaFettvsWobbuffet)
ChiboSempai
DullRazor
Fishy (DarthWaffles)
Jamntoast
Kira
Mizu
Mr.E
Mr. Eric
N.A.G.A.C.E. (GlassJoe)
Nacker
Ninjalink
Silhouette
Stingers
Teevee
TheMike
TinMan
ZombieSwarm

For your consideration:
The Official R.O.B. Power Rankings/Tournament Results Archive

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ok, time to begin the discussion for the new ROB PR. Nominate 10 ROBs that you believe should be on the next ROB Power rankings.

If you need help picking someone go here for assistance

It'd be preferred if only ROB mains took part in this.

Note: They don't have to be on that list to be nominated

Good luck :)

TheMike

Smash Lord
1 ChiboSempai
2 HolyNightmare

Looking to the Tournament Results Archive, Chibo deserves the first spot. Btw, a result of mine is missing there. All the informaton needed is here.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Holy, imo, is deff best ROB. He just doesn't post results x.x

I don't want any ranking yet, just list the people you want.

Atm, I know I want Holy, Stingers, Chibo, and me. Not saying I'm top 5, just saying I think I belong on the list.

And I think HugS is taking a break/quit Brawl. Don't quote me on that though.

TheMike

Smash Lord
ChiboSempai, HolyNightmare, Stringers, NinjaLink, HugS, t0mmy, Overswarm, Fishy, jjvirus and TheMike(me).

Sudai

Stuff here
Holy posted somewhere recently about that.

As for the OS/NL thing, it really depends on if you guys want it to be "All ROBs" or "ROB Mains"

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Pretty sure Holy is 90% MK now.
WTF? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?

Fishy hasn't been to a tournament this season I don't think.

And are we still not allowing NL and OS to be on rankings? <----@Sudai/someone smart
really? Wow.....what happened?
Copy/paste link....to what he said.

He' was always my fav. ROB.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I'll count for you.
(me) Mizu
Sudai
Chibo
TheMIKE
JJ (?)
Stingers (ROB adn mk)
Shillouete
Mister Eric
NAGACE (you)
GWJumpman
DullRAZER
Jam0nast (what about him)
Holy (I think, I'm not sure from what Sudai said).

And that's all sadly. :(
I think.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
So, I'm going to approach my reccommendations from a systematic point of view.

1) List ALL the ROB mains/people who use ROB AT LEAST 60% of the time/ those who use it less than that whose ROB is unquestionably legit:

Stingers, Holy, Chibo, DullRazor, Waffles, JJVirus, TheMike, Buenob, Dedw8, ZOM~B, HugS, GW, Waffles, Mizu, Ninjalink, JGWentworth?, TinMan, Mister Eric, Mr. E, T0mmy, JamnToast, Silhouette, CJT, NAGACE, and a resurgent Nacker. Those are all I can think of.

2) Realize that Power Rankings are DYNAMIC, which leads to me looking at 10 BLANK spots that need to be filled. Fill those spots based off of tourney results and activity. The list hasn't been updated in like... forever so for my nominations I chose an aribitrary beginning date as of November. I personally think that PRs should be updated every 1-2 months, but due to the large gap in updates I allowed for more data to influence my nominations. Of course, more recent data trumps older data, but consistency is paramount.

Bearing that in mind, adding my own tourney results (Pound+another tourney where the bracket got lost, that I posted the results to here (I think) that didn't get added to main page prolly bc of that) with those who have posted results (or easily findable results via a quick search through regions) since Nov 1st, we get:

Stingers, Holy, Chibo, DullRazor, Waffles, JJVirus, TheMike, TinMan, T0mmy, JamnToast, silhouette, CJT, NAGACE Nacker

3) Toss in a few "wild cards" that we can somewhat safely assume have played as ROB, but didn't post and we have:

Stingers, Holy, Chibo, DullRazor, Waffles, JJVirus, TheMike, TinMan, T0mmy, JamnToast, silhouette, CJT, NAGACE, Nacker, Overswarm, Ninjalink

I'm going to whittle it down not to ten but ten + "wild cards" to allow for the NLs and OSs (and possibly Holy if this MK business is true) of the world. This is no particular order:

Holy (WC?), Chibo, Stingers, DullRazor, JJ, TinMan, TheMike, T0mmy, Silhouette, CJT, Nacker, OS (wc) NL (wc)

If any of those people listed above are inactive (due to some oversight during my breakdown) replace them with someone who is.

My opinion on the "wc" thing, slip them in as a x.1 ranking. like... if we think OS has the 4th best ROB tho he doesn't play as him, put it in the PR as

4th Place ROB
--->4.1 Overswarm

or whatever.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
edit: oh wow, I DID miss a lot. Sorry lol
um i am not even sure there are still 10 rob mains
Quick recap:

Holy, from what I see in Candian tourney threads, is using more and more MK. Even if you count this against him, he was clearly going ROB at the time when the first top 10 list was put up, so he's obviously mained ROB for a significant period of time after that. I heard he first started using MK in doubles, but someone might want to check on that. I think he's still used enough ROB to be on the list, even if he's recently switched.

Because of this, I think it's time we also include Ninjalink, even if he didn't notice that he was on the last list until months after it was up (lol). There were a few of us watching him play ROB on a livestream somewhere (C3? might have my tourneys mixed up) and he's said that he plays ROB more than people give him credit for. Overswarm...should probably stay on Honorable Mentions because he plays ROB even less than he did BEFORE the original list came out. Stingers plays MK a lot more than he once did, but he should definitely still be on (and so should NL).

According to a Wario player from Georgia who was at my house a few weeks ago (I posted a video to help Tin with the matchup), Zom~B quit Smash to play (I forget what it was)...something else and was gone for almost the entire season except for when he posted that he was suddenly probably going to Pound 4. I don't know THAT much about Atlantic South, but I'm pretty sure he stopped playing Brawl.

And HugS, if you haven't noticed by now or seen recent videos, went back to Melee. West coast ROBS such as HugS, CPU, t0mmy, hitori, Jamnt0ast etc. haven't been heard of, but inb4t0mmyrandomlychecksinandpointsustohisguideonallisbrawlandsayshowwe'resofarbehindhereandwestcoastrobsareunderrepresented. Sorry if that hurt your eyes. Unless you have ANYTHING other than past reputation/word of mouth, they belong on honorable mentions, even though they would probably be ranked in the top 5 if they had results.

I'm going to assume that we aren't counting ROB players ONLY known on Wifi, so that knocks out a couple more candidates. I have no idea what tournaments were included in the last discussion, but I haven't gone to more than two or three since September and GwJ has nothing...except my love <3. People left:

Chibo
Holy
Stingers
CJT
JGWentworth (How much ROB have you been using?)
ROBs with/without videos that just don't post here but are actually pretty good
Dull
Deadw8
Me?
Teevee
jjvirus
Sudai (heh, I saw that tournament result...5th I think? lol <3 still better than most of us)

I'm sure I forgot a bunch of people

Stingers, Holy, Chibo, DullRazor, Waffles, JJVirus, TheMike, Buenob, Dedw8, ZOM~B, HugS, GW, Waffles, Mizu, Ninjalink, JGWentworth?, TinMan, Mister Eric, Mr. E, T0mmy, JamnToast, Silhouette, CJT, NAGACE, and a resurgent Nacker. Those are all I can think of.
That's right. In case you couldn't get enough of me, I'm on there twice just to show you how it's done. Not everybody can be qualified to be on the same powerranking TWICE =)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Good ****, Dull & Fishy! I really liked how the two of you went about that, really nice.

I agree that we could include NL, but not OS for this as well.

Atm, my list is the same as before, but with NL added to it.

Also, Fishy when were those tournaments?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I'll count for you.
(me) Mizu
Sudai
Chibo
TheMIKE
JJ (?)
Stingers (ROB adn mk)
Shillouete
Mister Eric
NAGACE (you)
GWJumpman
DullRAZER
Jam0nast (what about him)
Holy (I think, I'm not sure from what Sudai said).

And that's all sadly. :(
I think.
There's Nacker, Joebot, CJT, t0mmy, and probably more I can't name off the top of my head.
There, thts like 15

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Good stuff Dull and Fishy.

Though Dull: your "Wild Cards" break rule 1, where would the cut off be for rule 3 vs. HM?

We should also set an amount of HMs to include, like 3 or 5.

NL is always listed as Diddy in results but he definitely uses ROB more than Overswarm, OS finally used ROB again in tourney last night at Delta Upsilon 2 against M2K, but he was screwing around.

Besides that he hasnt excessively used ROB in a tourney since June 27, 2009.

IDK how to rank people who double main like Stingers/NL/Holy since they place well, but what % did they use ROB? and who did they beat with him?

btw I use 100% ROB in tourney.
13: Sil - R.O.B. - A ROB MADE THE BRACKET!
^lol
get ready to see some robo **** in the next few weeks.

Also...

Shillouete
For the sake of grammar, everyone please just call me Sil.

XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, I shouldn't be on this list at all. I had that one 5th place, but that's my only tourney in months and will be my only one for months. XD

Not only that, but I lost to some pretty mediocre players at that tourney.

Also...I like Dull's idea for the wild cards. (x.1 thing)

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Im flattered to be included on some of your lists, but tbh idk if Im really that good lol. First off, Im inconsistent, especially under pressure (like at the last tourney i went to, I lost game one to a random scrub after killing myself twice, then three stocked him games 2 and 3 lol) and other stuff like that. Plus, Idk how my region compares to others. I guess we'll find out after Viridian City, as my whole region seems to be travelling for that (obv not soon enough). I think im more or less a top-tier scrub. At least until I get good at this game anyway.

Edit: didnt mean for it to sound so depressed lol

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
A few other things I thought about, that we can THINK about implementing moving forward. All of this is more or less part of a "system", so think of the items listed inclusively:

1) A ROB Panel of about 5 ROB mains
2) Keep our "nomination" thing in tact as it is
3) Have everyone order the top 10 after the nominees are done. Each position will have "points" associated with it; 10th =1pt, 1st=10pts
4) The panel member's list will have point values SLIGHTLY greater (like, +2 to 3 per spot) like... 10th: 3pts, 1st=13pts.

5) Tabulate the totals and order players accordingly. Just throwing all this out there to make it... more "organized" as it were, and to have some sort of "concrete system" that takes into account a large breadth of considerations.

Just a thought for moving forward. :)

TGM

Smash Lord
Holy told me over aim hes pretty much ALL meta now.

Can i be number 10?

EDIT: this is xyro

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
1) List ALL the ROB mains/people who use ROB AT LEAST 60% of the time/ those who use it less than that whose ROB is unquestionably legit:

Uhh I would like to be included on the list? Ive played you before Dull I feel left out :( Ask stingers... Who doesnt know I play ROB? :dizzy: Im one of those NY ROBs... lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
quick post from my phone until I get to work...

I'm all for including NL (not OS until mk is banned lol) but I think what's important is that we go over the results thread and write what char everyone used for every match so we can rank NLs rob appropriately and not his anything else. personally iv gone rob every match this entire season except coney game 2 in pound 4 pools cause I knew I wasn't making it out and I hate ddd lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Me! XD

I'm not the greatest, but I've been to quite a few tournaments in the last 3-4 months. I go ROB about 85% of the time, but I sometimes go Pikachu for a few of ROB's tough matches.

I'm not expecting much, but my tournament results are on my AiB page below. If you want me to list them here, I can.

My signature is being annoying, in case it decides to disappear again, here's the link to my AiB page: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Zwarm.ai

jjvirus

Smash Champion
A few other things I thought about, that we can THINK about implementing moving forward. All of this is more or less part of a "system", so think of the items listed inclusively:

1) A ROB Panel of about 5 ROB mains
2) Keep our "nomination" thing in tact as it is
3) Have everyone order the top 10 after the nominees are done. Each position will have "points" associated with it; 10th =1pt, 1st=10pts
4) The panel member's list will have point values SLIGHTLY greater (like, +2 to 3 per spot) like... 10th: 3pts, 1st=13pts.

5) Tabulate the totals and order players accordingly. Just throwing all this out there to make it... more "organized" as it were, and to have some sort of "concrete system" that takes into account a large breadth of considerations.

Just a thought for moving forward. :)
This is how I did it last time XD

Holy told me over aim hes pretty much ALL meta now.

Can i be number 10?

EDIT: this is xyro
Unless you have results for your ROB, Xyro, I would say no.

JJ for best ROB son!
**** right.

Uhh I would like to be included on the list? Ive played you before Dull I feel left out :( Ask stingers... Who doesnt know I play ROB? :dizzy: Im one of those NY ROBs... lol
Never heard of you, mang. :dizzy: And I stalk results threads, I don't recall seeing your name at all lol

quick post from my phone until I get to work...

I'm all for including NL (not OS until mk is banned lol) but I think what's important is that we go over the results thread and write what char everyone used for every match so we can rank NLs rob appropriately and not his anything else. personally iv gone rob every match this entire season except coney game 2 in pound 4 pools cause I knew I wasn't making it out and I hate ddd lol
Sounds fine to me. :/ We just need NL's results >.>

Me! XD

I'm not the greatest, but I've been to quite a few tournaments in the last 3-4 months. I go ROB about 85% of the time, but I sometimes go Pikachu for a few of ROB's tough matches.

I'm not expecting much, but my tournament results are on my AiB page below. If you want me to list them here, I can.

My signature is being annoying, in case it decides to disappear again, here's the link to my AiB page: http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Zwarm.ai
It helps if you post here regularly...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Ok, I'll try to speak up more. XD

I also posted my tournament results on the Results Thread, sorry they're so late, jj. =/

Tin Man

Smash Hero
take it from a Canadian

Holy MAINS MK, and SECONDARIES ROB.

IF u guys choose not to include Holy nightmare, that would mean the Only Canadian ROB's are

Tin Man (yours truly), Bueno

Bueno b and I talked it out a while ago and

Tin Man > Bueno b

Please do not take Canada lightly (or at least let me finish my tourney this coming February 6th, hoping some of u guys will come to it)

At this tourney, there will be Kid Goggles form NY state, and Keith from North Carolina. That's about the most direct Canada-US relation that will be at that tourney (well Ally is an American :laugh:), only those few people are coming from America.

I would like to be on the list plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom