• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB PR Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Needed moar situational side B

Also... I think imma adopt that as my lil "thing". Instead of cursing and getting upset when I accidently side B, im just gonna yell: "SITUATIONAL SIDE B!"
Im kind of liking the 'SITUATIONAL SIDE B' thing too.
LOL!
No but seriously, how many our ROB use Side B off stage accidentally and kill themselves? :confused:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
LOL! No but seriously, how many our ROB use Side B off stage accidentally and kill themselves? :confused:
I have. =/

It's not usually on purpose, I usually just get hit while I'm UpB Robo Burning to the side, and I accidently buffer it while trying to use UpB again.

It hasn't happened as much lately, though. =D

6Mizu

Smash Champion
I have. =/

It's not usually on purpose, I usually just get hit while I'm UpB Robo Burning to the side, and I accidently buffer it while trying to use UpB again.

It hasn't happened as much lately, though. =D
LMAO! Seriously?
How often do you do this...out of a 100 matches.....just take a guess.
:p

EDIT: Then again, I shouldn't laugh/make comments like that ^......because I use to accidentally sometimez too.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Guys. PR Discussion. Go. Gonna start infracting if you stay off topic.
Nevermind. LOL
Quoted so Zwarm can see it since we samtimeposted.

Alright back to it then!
1 Holy
2 Chibo
3 Hugs
4 T0mmy
5 Stingers

In that order.
That's all for know, I'll edit later.

EDIT: First Post
Sudai, how sure are you about Holy going MK; and what about HugS taking a break from Brawl?
Because, I can't seem to make the list w/o knowing.

I'll edit this.
1 Chibo (?)
2 Stingers

Sudai

Stuff here
Someone should personally ask Holy as to his MK-ness because I don't feel like finding where he said it.

I haven't heard heads nor tails of HugS playing brawl in a long *** time. He went back to Melee a while back and he's been pretty hardcore about that decision from what I can tell.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Someone should personally ask Holy as to his MK-ness because I don't feel like finding where he said it.

I haven't heard heads nor tails of HugS playing brawl in a long *** time. He went back to Melee a while back and he's been pretty hardcore about that decision from what I can tell.
Would you like to ask him?

okay, so no HugS.
What about T0mmy?

Sudai

Stuff here
Nope. I'm extremely lazy and have no interest in the PR. :]

As for t0mmy, I'm sure he still plays. You'd have to go to AiB to grab his results(AiB would have who he played against as well) though. Would have to ask him what matches he went ROB in as well.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Nope. I'm extremely lazy and have no interest in the PR. :]

As for t0mmy, I'm sure he still plays. You'd have to go to AiB to grab his results(AiB would have who he played against as well) though. Would have to ask him what matches he went ROB in as well.
mmm.....fine I'll do it.
I know for a fact T0mmy does well w/ ROB. I'll put him on my list.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
I've been going all ROB recently and doing well. It would be more noteworthy to see my tourneyplay4 wins.

t0mmy is good, but hasn't placed in months due to overplaying 64 and not trying in brawl. He should be on, but not ranked as high as people have him.

top 5 in any order is

Holy, Chibo, Stingers, Jamn, t0mmy
in my opinion.

Really though, the idea of having a PR is kind of stupid. Placings are relative to how good your region is, which is a highly debated topic.

If we have something like this, I would suggest just a bucket - o - Robrape and say these people are good. get moar like them.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey everyone i heard about some great rob whose gamer tag is glassjoe he should be on the list for sure.

edit: i completely support what the very smart and awesome N.A.G.A.C.E has written in this post.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hugs doesn't play Brawl anymore, I'm surprised people didn't know that for sure lol

We really just gotta find out who Holy has gone ROB on anymore, if he's done ROB on anymore top players or if its all MK

does Tommy play anyone besides ROB?

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Hugs hasn't been playing brawl for a while <_<. t0mmy plays but he doesnt PLACE.

I dont follow Holy enough to know about his MK vs ROB performance.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hugs hasn't been playing brawl for a while <_<. t0mmy plays but he doesnt PLACE.

I dont follow Holy enough to know about his MK vs ROB performance.
strange, t0mmy beat AZ at Genesis or Evo didn't he? And he's a very good MW player. So i figured he'd have some results to show off.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Alright guys so I got a hold of Holy and this exactly is what he said.
Yeah I went full MK like last tourney but beside that, I'm still using ROB. I got an upcoming tourney in 2 days, probably going ROB/MK. I think you should include OS and NL in the PR list, NL still plays ROB sometimes. You know changing the PR list seem pretty useless to me, no one has really done anything with ROB. Stingers did really well at pound 4 but still went MK/ROB. I'm going to get a passport soon and go to more USA tourney. I dont think Chibo can be over me till he does sometime like I did at Apex. Getting 13th out of 200 people at a national tournament going full ROB. I've yet to see a ROB do that well lol and I'm sad I haven't been able to travel lately.
So what now?

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Based on the tourney we went to earlier in the month, I would have to say glassjoe is better than me. I mean, sure i was having a ****ty day, but he said he was off too, plus, hes more consistent than I am afaik, although idk how he places regularly

Silhouette

Smash Lord
jj, when do you want the cut off to be for nomination discussion? I've got one, maybe two, tourneys this weekend, the second (if it works out) is Sunday in MD/VA, any other ROBros going to that?

also CJT that was really cool of you to post honestly like that.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
i'll make an argument for myself after this one tourney I have next saturday, please dont update anything until then
I'm making no promises. If the majority of us wants to advance to the next phase, then we're doing so. It wouldn't be fair to wait for just you. :/

jj, when do you want the cut off to be for nomination discussion? I've got one, maybe two, tourneys this weekend, the second (if it works out) is Sunday in MD/VA, any other ROBros going to that?

also CJT that was really cool of you to post honestly like that.
Nomination discussion will be decided once the majority feels we can move on.

I don't think any MD/VA ROBs are going to C3 on Sunday.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as long as holy only went all mk just last tourney, that means he should have other rob results. as long as he provides us a list of who hes actually beaten and lost to with rob, then we should be fine

also, im not trying to say im over him at all, but his argument for waiting until i pull a "holy at apex" doesn't make sense. each rankings are based on that specific season. recreate apex now and who knows, perhaps holy might not have placed as high as last time and perhaps i could have shot up many places. he was ranked ahead of me last season for those reasons, but now is a new season, a new clean slate.

is it true holy is coming to VC7 next month? if so then both of us + plenty more rob mains will all be there. we could be done the nomination part before then, but hold off the actual rankings until after that as it will help a lot.

im still against OS being ranked (besides honorary) unless he actually has rob results. afaik he doesnt, but i would be welcome to him proving me wrong.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
jj, I actually wouldn't mind waiting a few more days. I'm going to Hot Dickings in St. Louis this weekend, and I'd like to add that to my results, especially if I do well.

Then again, I have a low chance of making in on the PR anyway, so if the majority wants to move on, it's fine with me.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
im still against OS being ranked (besides honorary) unless he actually has rob results. afaik he doesnt, but i would be welcome to him proving me wrong.
Same.

jj, I actually wouldn't mind waiting a few more days. I'm going to Hot Dickings in St. Louis this weekend, and I'd like to add that to my results, especially if I do well.

Then again, I have a low chance of making in on the PR anyway, so if the majority wants to move on, it's fine with me.
Few days =/= Two weeks.

Like I said, it shouldn't take 2+ weeks to come up with at least 10-20 names to choose from to decide who we want to nominate for PR. If you haven't been able to prove yourself within the past 4 months since this was last updated, that's your fault, myself included.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if someones going to a tourney we dont have to postpone the nomination stage, aight we know theyl be in. the nomination stage can have over 10 ppl. ppl wont be done being ranked for another couple weeks imo, so theres plenty of time for that point (imo we should complete rankings after VC7 - next big tourney that a bunch of rob mains are going to as well. and if the rumors are true of holy going...)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ok, who actually is going to VC7?

If we have a good number of ROBs going to THAT, then I'll agree on holding off, but if not, I'd like to keep things on "schedule".

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont see the point of the nomination phase
why not just consider everyone and move on to their results

jjvirus

Smash Champion
It's just to make clear who is and who isn't going to be included for discussion. For example, prior to this I don't think anyone was planning on putting NL or OS on the list, but after we started going over the matter, we came to the conclusion of adding NL and keeping OS where he is.

I do think we're clear on everyone else, though. So if everyone else is ready to advance to creating top 10s, then lets begin. Anyone not want to move forward?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Ok, who actually is going to VC7?

If we have a good number of ROBs going to THAT, then I'll agree on holding off, but if not, I'd like to keep things on "schedule".
wow thats almost a 9 hour drive for me... I mean Id love to but...

Edit: I, like others, am attending a tourney on Sat, not saying to postpone the progression, but be prepared for a wave of results on Sun.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
It's not because he lives in the middle of no where, is it?
He comes to every GameClucks monthly (40+ people) but decides not to enter or sandbags the hell out of everyone. His last good placing in a while was in doubles teaming with me lol.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Based on the tourney we went to earlier in the month, I would have to say glassjoe is better than me. I mean, sure i was having a ****ty day, but he said he was off too, plus, hes more consistent than I am afaik, although idk how he places regularly
thanks for the props. u are pretty good yourself.

As for how i regularly place, i often get in the top 10 so i am pretty consistent i have only had a couple tourneys were i have done poorly but i one of them i had to play ally and in the other ksizzal (idk how to spell his name). hopefully i will get to go to more tourneys soon like viridian city (as long as my ride comes through) and there i will hopefully prove myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom