• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Agreed with WTP. Very few of us MW:E locals are going to get high/top seeds at this. I see Shugo and Kain being the only obvious candidates.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
8 pools of 6 means 48 people.

There's going to be WAYYYYYY more people than that.

We're exploring the possibility of running 16 pools.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
If you do any less than 16 pools we're gonna be there all night its a fact of life. 16 pools would go by so much quicker than 8

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm not having a 32 man bracket if we get the expected attendance. It would be 48. And for time's sake it would be 16 pools, 2 waves of 8.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Just did the math if we did 8 pools with 80 people that would be 54 matches per pool compared to 14 matches with 16 pools

ZTD | TECHnology

Making it into bracket should not be a freebie. 64 man is too lenient unless I get like 100 + people. Highly doubt that's gonna happen (with the way things have been going lately though, I suppose that's not a TOTAL stretch :awesome:).

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
With 80 entrants 16 people would still not make it

Because pools are being cut down it means more important matches for everyone who doesn't get last place in their pool.

Or better yet have an amateur bracket to go at the same time as regular bracket

What's The Point

Smash Master
It basically has to be 16 pools and 48 man bracket. Most likely to many people for 8 pools, and 4/5 man pools with top 2 is ******** as we all know.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Sadly thats the problem with large events is fair pools cannot exist with ending at a decent time

ZTD | TECHnology

Vengeance had about the same turnout (this is looking more stacked though) and the 16 pools with Top 3 making it out seemed to work out fairly well. So unless the anticipated turnout fluctuates enough in either direction, things are staying this way.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm not concerned about that.

Main event comes first always.

And that's very idealistic to believe that we're gonna be able to run an event that's 2/3s the size of the the main one....by 11. I don't see that happening.

Starting pre seeding now.

If anyone is curious about their seed, you can hit me up on Skype. I'll be on there for a while.

What's The Point

Smash Master
(Disclaimer: Tech and TOs in no way were a part of this list)
Bored and spurred on by Tech's last comment, so here are seeds based on the list, relatively in order, less accurate order the deeper into the list. Including the people on the list who clearly aren't coming and people off the list who I know are coming

1st:

Ally
Vinnie
MJG
Kain
Mr. R
TO Joe
Shugo
Kietaro
Not Salem
BPow
Seagull
Arty
Zinoto
DeLux
Meek
Sago

2nd:

SK
Rayquaza
DLA
Legan
Iliad
M@V
Patches
Tech
Eddie G
Sauc3
fZk
WTP
Gio
Ori
JCav
XeroXen

3rd:

Dogma
JKBUK
Red Ryu
ThugZ
Xatic
Clowsui
LOE1
JTSM
Gifts
Legit
KSev
me9595
Hot_Arms
Robjoe
IN person
IN person

4th;
You don't seed past here usually plus I stopped knowing people halfway through 3rds.

This is likely how everyone is seeded but if you disagree with something you may want to bring it up now.

Xatic

Smash Lord
Coco isn't coming fyi

and you may or may not be missing some canadian players.

Canadians coming that I know of:
Meek
Sauc3
Iliad
TOJoe
Patches

I just talked with Meek this afternoon and he told me both Sauc3 and Iliad were coming to this.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
If I decide to make pools early, no one aside from appointed staff is allowed to see or work on them. Its not like I don't trust you Chioke, its just a matter of principle is all.

But for now this is what I will do:

To gain the best posible grouping for seeding ,I need coordination from you folks.

If any of you have played certain people frequently within the past 6 months in tournament please tell me here.

In addition, please tell me about your crew or just people you play regularly. Also please let me know about your carpools. They may or may not relevant. Obviously certain groups like West MI, Ann Arbor, me/Gifts/Mikey, the Canadians, IL, KS/IA are givens. For less obvious stuff just inform me here so I can make notes.
If you count PS1 in the 6 month timeframe, considering that I've only been to 3 tournaments during that timeframe, then you could say that Coco and PzO has been in my pool frequently.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I hope Kryz comes, he is always a cool guy to see.

Also i'll be hosting a sf Friday at my place so Kevin's house isn't filled with 20+ people.

Patches

Smash Master
Imo, I'd swap sauc3 with sago. But that's biased cause I don't know who sago is. LOL

@Xatic: as far as I know that should be all of us.

What's The Point

Smash Master
1st seeds look good.
1st seeds are super easy with 16 pools. The questionable part is always around #7, but with 16 people you can hand out 1st seeds like they're candy. Then you just put the questionable 1st/2nd seeds in the same pool.

Imo, I'd swap sauc3 with sago. But that's biased cause I don't know who sago is. LOL
See the above. A very likely scenario would be Sago and Sauc3 in the same pool. Also remember that what I have is an unofficial (But super accurate) list I made for fun.

Also i'll be hosting a sf Friday at my place so Kevin's house isn't filled with 20+ people.
What? Anyone who'd go to a SF would also get housing, or are people I don't know and live east of you. Plus your basement is full from the people you're housing.

To people I am housing, everyone gets breakfest. It's going to be cereal but none of that bag ****. All boxes. Also if you really want to shower consider doing it at night. There's going to be to many for everyone taking morning showers and timely departing.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
What? Anyone who'd go to a SF would also get housing, or are people I don't know and live east of you. Plus your basement is full from the people you're housing.
Its mainly geared towards people like JCav/Dogma/JKBuKLOE1/Apasher along with the 7 I'm housing.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think we'll be able to fit a setup in our car

ZTD | TECHnology

Just finished seeding.

Not gonna lie, Kevin's list made things easier lol. Granted there were small discrepancies but the bulk of the list is pretty accurate.

We grouped everyone according as followed:

1st Seeds
Top: (Insert top 4 here)
High: " "
Mid: " "
Low " "

Rinse and repeat for the 2nds and 3rds. Then we can know who to move around in certain scenarios. In addition if/when last minute additions or drop outs happen we know who to move.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Really pissed right now...

Got called into work this saturday.. Going to try and get out of it but it doesn't look good... Meh

Top Bottom