• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT 5th Gen (Spoilers) Fastest Bug Around

Wrath`

Smash Master

Flash (Agirudaa) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Quick Attack

The speed demon of the team, most always gets up two layers of spikes in absence of priority moves. Bug Buzz has helped for any dark leads and Espeon leads. U-Turn is filler, can be traded out for anything else. I wish it had better abilities, I may give it Hydration in case of rain.

EDIT1: Added quick attack to ensure Sashed users are finished off.
EDIT2: Sludge Bomb over U-turn to be able to neutral hit other lead bugs.

Mixolydia (Meloia) @ Black Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Cheer Up

My mixed sweeper of the team, geared toward SpA, but CC has come in handy with the Black Belt boost against steels and even unsuspecting dark types. Thunder for coverage and the 60% paralysis, not as annoying as Haxrachi, but effective.

UFO (Nattorei) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
IVs Spe:0
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -HP)
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

A d@mn good mixed wall, sponge some weak move, set up some mid game rocks and Gyro Ball away. I don't know if Toxic and Power Whip are good moves, I out Stalled a Miloctic with PWhip, but that's about all it will do.

EDIT1: Explosion over Toxic

Yizmat (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -HP)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail

Standard CB set, I just threw it on for some raw power, it has done some good, synergy with Meloia for sure.

Son of Sun (Urugamosu) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 8 HP / 148 SAtk / 148 SDef / 200 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Butterfly Dance
- Wind Storm

Good for any Chandeliers that want to set up, one BD and it sweeps a good deal of mons, Wind Storm although not providing coverage has been useful in a pinch, especially against other Uragumosu

EDIT1: Flamethrower over Fire Dance

Lil' Pony (Kerudio) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 6Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surf
- Focus Miss Blast
- Cheer Up

I think I need to just convert this to a Special sweeper, it lacks to much physical power, but I think I'll still keep aqua jet. I need to work on the rest of the set thought, X- Scizor is redundant.

EDIT1: Focus Blast/Cheer Up over X-Scissor Sacred Sword, EV change to Full SpA

Tear this team apart as I am open to anything, this is my 3rd team and my first team that shows promise, here's to the 5th gen and it's blooming metagame:psycho:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Flash (Agirudaa) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Desperation

If Desperation is the move I think it is, it kills you, and then deals the same amount of damage as you lost from killing yourself. You won't kill anything with that (unless they REALLY ARE at 1 health)

Mixolydia (Meloia) @ Black Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Mild Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Cheer Up

I can see where you're going with this. Good speed, good SpA, a way to take down Blissey (of which hasn't actually shown up in this metagame yet... odd...). Its paltry Atk Stat is really holding it back, though. You might want to try Thunderbolt, as it's unreliable without rain, and even less reliable in sun, which you may or may not come across.

UFO (Nattorei) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
IVs Spe:0
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -HP)
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

I cannot stress this enough: Be very careful with this guy, MASSIVE SHANDERAA BAIT. Anyways, he gets Explosion, which might be a good option over Toxic or Power Whip.

Yizmat (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -HP)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail

Absolutely needs Pursuit to get rid of Shanderaa. Put it over Dragon Claw or Aqua Tail. Consider using Fire Punch.

Son of Sun (Urugamosu) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 8 HP / 148 SAtk / 148 SDef / 200 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Butterfly Dance
- Fire Dance
- Wind Storm

Fire Dance's added affect might not justify a reason to use it over less power from Flamethrower or Fire Blast. A good deal of the time, two Flamethrowers are going to do more than two Fire Dances, which could mean a lot in the long run.

Lil' Pony (Kerudio) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surf
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor

Kerudio has like base 79 Attack, and base 129 SpA. There's no reason to be using a Physical set, especially one without boosting. A lot of things screw this set over that Kerudio would normally never fear, so this definitely needs to change. Either that or get a new Pokemon to do your Physical dirty work.
Well this certainly was interesting. Grats on first Gen V RMT?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Edited some stuff, thank you Ulti. But on t-tar, would D Claw be good to keep for Onosku/Dark Dragon? Or is Aqua tail going to be better in the end?

Yes grats to first 5th gen

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've never seen a single TTar run DClaw, while I've seen one on a very rare occasion use Aqua Tail... but... what do you plan to hit with Aqua Tail anyways?

But yeah, Pursuit > DClaw.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Isn't Shanderaa tha Ghost/Fire type? Wouldn't Aqua Tail hit him super effective?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I seriously haven't learned all these names yet.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Shanderaa is indeed the Ghost/Fire type that everyone is fearing.

I would give some tips but I still know very little about the B/W metagame, but just looking at this team got me very excited for it! :)

Grats on 1st B/W RMT Wrath.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Isn't Shanderaa tha Ghost/Fire type? Wouldn't Aqua Tail hit him super effective?
Depending on your team, if Shanderaa's a big enough threat, Pursuit would be worth it.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I seriously haven't learned all these names yet.
Shanderaa and Dennis and that one Dragon that starts with O are the only names I know.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm surprised Blissey hasn't been popping up (according to Ulti). I thought Shanderaa would be all over the place.

Eating a Choice Specs Overheat coming off of a base 145 SpAtk is scary.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have seen Shanderra a few times, but none have come in on Nuttorie except for one and it lacked Shadow Tag. I think it is more or less we want to try out all the new 5th gen pokes first before creating synergy with the old pokes. Give it a week and SKARMBLISS will make a comeback.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm surprised Blissey hasn't been popping up (according to Ulti).
Well I haven't been able to access the Gen 5 server yet, so there's that.

Also, I like how people make blanket statements like "SkarmBliss loses to X" when really they're ignoring the fact that stall cores are no longer just 2 pokemon. It really shows how much you know about playing Stall.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
SkarmBliss + X doesn't lose to Dragons.

SkarmBliss loses very hard.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So as long as I don't build a team with 2 pokemon I'll be ok?

Revolutionary advice, but do you really think it will work?

M.K

Level 55
Let me just say, anyone that names their Agirudaa "Octoman" wins.
I absolutely love that Pokemon, and it looks "decent" in the metagame!!

And might I add, aren't there things that do it's job better? I mean, yeah, it has Spikes, but alot of things can set up entry hazards AND do more. Meh, I'm not sure it will become standard but it sure is useful to an extent. 2 layers of Spikes is awesome.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
why doesnt kerudio have sword of mysteries? 85 BP 100 ACC is nothing to scoff at, runs off your SPA stat, and prevents Blissey from walling ur ****.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
if it runs off of his spatk how does it help deal with blissey? It's an SE hit but Blissey could still tank a hit and respond...same way no other special fighting attack can 1hko blissey without a +2 boost or more.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
if it runs off of his spatk how does it help deal with blissey? It's an SE hit but Blissey could still tank a hit and respond...same way no other special fighting attack can 1hko blissey without a +2 boost or more.
Supposedly it uses your opponent's Def instead of SDef to take the hit, so Blissey's pretty much dead.

If the move works the way that I'm pretty sure it's supposed to, that is. Someone could always be lying.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Supposedly it uses your opponent's Def instead of SDef to take the hit, so Blissey's pretty much dead.

If the move works the way that I'm pretty sure it's supposed to, that is. Someone could always be lying.
I missed that tidbit. Makes sense then, that's definitely a better move to use.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Sacred Sword is under PHYSICAL attacks, it doesn't run off of Def or whatver, it just negates stat boost the opponent currently has set up, so it would still suck to put it on my Pony.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Sacred Sword and Mystery Sword are different attacks BTW.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
You are very weak to bug. Mothra, Scizor, and the electric Tarantula cause your team some issues once your own Mothra is dead.

I don't like Close Combat on Meloia personally. Its not a quick pokemon before ancient song, and will likely rely on its bulk, but I'd have to see how it played out.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You are very weak to bug. Mothra, Scizor, and the electric Tarantula cause your team some issues once your own Mothra is dead.

I don't like Close Combat on Meloia personally. Its not a quick pokemon before ancient song, and will likely rely on its bulk, but I'd have to see how it played out.
:pI have three bugs and my team has a bug weakness. Well once the metagame picks up into strong sweeping bugs i'll figure who to drop to get some coverage.

Melody maker with CC is surprising useful, I don't know were I could calc it though.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
You can do it on Smogon's calculator, simply by hitting the Edit button on the bottom Stats, allowing you to change the base stats.

Again though, don't get me wrong, I love Meloia, I'm just worried since so many people are going to be running both TTar to deal with the fire chandler, and the fire chandler itself that she might get screwed over after a CC. ScarfTAr outspeeds her and I'm more than willing to bet that after she does a CC he'll OHKO with Pursuit.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
fire chandler
This makes me think of Matthew Perry in flames.

He's right though, TTar is going to be big early on for countering weather and just generally being really good. Your team is probably going to need a harder counter to him.

Oracle

Smash Master
Looks pretty solid, other than wind storm being 70% accurate outside of rain.

How are you playing online right now?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well out of the couple 6-8 matches I have played within M's Pants I have done fairly well, I hear there is another server now with BW updates, so I shall take my team over there when I have a bit more time tomorrow to see how I hold up.

Top Bottom