• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riverside Meleers

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
hey fabian, come to riverside sometime next week so I can get some peach practice.

monday night is a pretty good time

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i started playing again

just not jiggs

Luigios

Smash Apprentice
Pick me up on the way @!#@#!@#

Edit: Dont wanna get get banned again so Im not using that word on here anymore. x_x

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Just a reminder guys, Smashfest is today from around 3-11PM. It is in Riverside and an estimated 15 minutes or so from UCR. If someone can bring one more melee setup thatd be awesome. Give me a call if anyone is going and I will give you address and stuff.

951-218-3090 call or text

Thanks guys and I hope to see you all there today.

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Saw S2J on the livestream at Phil's BDay tourney.

Good ****.
Yeah I was watching too. You impressed me S2J :p I want to fight you real bad right now haha. Lemme get some of that Falcon hehe

Hope to see you at the fest tonite

Luigios

Smash Apprentice
I might show up around 9 if Fabian feels like taking me. I dont feel like driving.

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Yesterdays fest was pretty good. SDR and Sabi showed up and it was cool having people, especially of their level, to be able to play for once. Im always stuck playing computers or the 2 scrubs around me caz no one plays melee by me :/ and it doesnt help since Im trying to learn this game more. What I guessed would have happened playing last night happened, my prediction of not having a defensive game at all. Like I know what I am doing and how things works and stuff, but when I get pressured and stuff I break down because Im not used to being attacked with equal or at most greater force then I exert. It was a wonderful learning experience and I really look forward to playing more with them and hopefully more of you guys because I want to start getting better at this game. I switched from Brawl to Melee back in August so I am pretty new to this game competitively, but again I know what I am doing offensively and some mindgames/tech skills, just i need to keep playing and playing to adjust to gaining a defense game and reading people in melee. Theres my 2 cents on where I am coming from and what you all should expect when you play me. But dont expect that I just completely suck because I am alright, but yeah you catch my drift. haha. In other news lol, once they left the melee scene was done and I got into the Brawl tourney, sweeped my pool, took the bracket, and won grand finals and took first winning a grand total of $15 woo!!! Yay Metaknight! haha. So next Sunday I want to see more melee peeps there so we can get something going for that (there were 10 brawl players so lets get close to that XD)

Peace guys

Adam M!

Smash Lord
the first thing you need to realize is that you don't know what you're doing and don't know how things work

have some intellectual humility. i am way better than you and i still only THINK I know how things work; i learn something new about this game every day. you are impeding your own progress by thinking you know too much. nothing you know is certain if you actually stop to think about it so stop talking about what you think you know.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I was watching too. You impressed me S2J :p I want to fight you real bad right now haha. Lemme get some of that Falcon hehe

Hope to see you at the fest tonite
sadly i live in LA for the time being due to school

but once i get a car...

enigma786

Smash Cadet
yeah i can't agree with durr more, if u keep thinking u know everything then there is no room for improvement is there u just create an unneccesary road block for yourself. and honestly im not even that good but i improve everyday because i notice something new everytime i play.

-Wasabi

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
i drove out to riverside last night but not to play with dazu but to play with sabi/nema/sdr
dazu, i still think im alright at this game
so until you prove yourself, you do in a sense suck
drive down wednesday if you want some real practice
just my 2 cents

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
the first thing you need to realize is that you don't know what you're doing and don't know how things work

have some intellectual humility. i am way better than you and i still only THINK I know how things work; i learn something new about this game every day. you are impeding your own progress by thinking you know too much. nothing you know is certain if you actually stop to think about it so stop talking about what you think you know.
Take this advice! Please take this advice.

Wasabi.

Smash Rookie
it was fun playing with u fabian ur peach ***** , i really need more peach practice,, priii good

Dazu

Smash Cadet
yeah thanks....

So I just totally suck and shouldnt even bother playing then. I guess switching from brawl to melee was a huge mistake then wasnt it?

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
Come on Dazu, don't just give up.

All melee players have to start somewhere. Now that you know where you are, so you should know that there's still a lot more to learn about melee. This isn't a game where you can just "understand", even the best of the best like Mango and M2k still **** up at times. The reason that melee is so fun is because of how deep it is, and the fact that the metagame is constantly changing. So in reality, no one can actually "know how the game works", we just have to accept the fact that we're not that good and keep learning.

And don't use brawl as a john, all the player would give you **** for that, lol.

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
yeah thanks....

So I just totally suck and shouldnt even bother playing then. I guess switching from brawl to melee was a huge mistake then wasnt it?

You cant just expect to be good at this game. Everyone who is good has been playing and practicing for a long time. Everyone (including mango), was bad at this game at some point
And there are two ways to deal with it. Quit or Get Better. If you really wanna quit thats your perrogative. But there are also people around you who are near the same level and are trying to get better. Your choice...

Oh, and brawl sucks. (for too many reasons)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
yeah thanks....

every failure is a setup for a comeback

if you have that kind of attitude, you won't make it anyway. no one is going to hold your hand. if you want it, you have to work for it. if you're going to walk away the second it gets hard, well, i guess it's good you figured it out early so you wouldn't waste a lot of your time

but if you bust your *** to get better, it will be obvious. people will take note and help you out where they can. it's up to you though

Nashun

Smash Ace
After all the talk from before, you're saying you wanna give up because you're not as amazing as you thought you were? That's such a high school mentality. You're in college now, sonnn.

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys for this. Sorry I over reacted so much. Its good though knowing this feeling, and wanting now to just learn, prsctice, and work hard and becoming the best I can become. Any help from anyone would be great and help at getting me to start going in the right direction. I know I must first adapt my mind to a faster and way more advanced method of fighting and reading from brawl and get an idea for constant motion to try and become unpredictable in some sorts. But yeah, I apologize for my mistake of making a childish scene and I am open to criticism and help because I want to get better. Bottom line is I just want to start playing this game...brawl is just so...meh. It can't compare to this **** at all. So yeah I am ready to begin.

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Thanks man that means alot. Yeah things haven't been going so great on my end, with family problems, friend problems, and some personal things my mind has been wandering all over the place and leaving me vulnerable to certain things and just making me lose my cool just like I did with that stupid post earlier. The biggest reason I started to play this game is to get my mind off of these things and to meet cool new people that can help my game and just hang out and just be cool. Things will look up soon and I am alright, just sometimes I just get this need to just escape from all my conflicts and thats where super smash bros comes along. So I will start practicing and working hard and also calming down and making the best of things because it isn't much in my control. I'll put on a smile, pick up the control, and learn some melee :)

D

Deleted member

if i ever play you i will try to give you actual good advice

but nobody in riverside is really good, except for the oldschool pros, evilnemesis/knives. They are the person to ask for tips after you get your tech skill up by simply practicing

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Sure thing man. Yeah I will be practicing, I actually am right now. :p I await the day we can play

FsHO

Smash Cadet
Hey dazu im always down to play :) but im at UCR without a car so if u want some practice come by and play with me :) shadowboii lives closeby and we play sometimes were both learning the game. I played with SDR, Nemah, evilnemesis, and sabi a couple times and they totaly rock me all the time. I believed knowing tech skill was all i needed to be competative but i was dead wrong, but everytime i play with them and evrytime i lose i feel like im learning somthing new so ya! KEEP TRUCKIN!

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
but nobody in riverside is really good, except for the oldschool pros, evilnemesis/knives. They are the person to ask for tips after you get your tech skill up by simply practicing
luigi never gives advice, just ***** and does wierd ugly **** that works and noone else would do

knives is really good and gives advice
i'll never forget once he took a stock off of me and i said "**** i knew that was gonna hit me!"
and he said "if you knew it was coming then why did you approach and get hit?"
something so simple but true
don't trade hits kiddo, unless theres a reward at the end

shadowboii

Smash Apprentice
@Dazu-

I'll try to go when I can, all my midterms are stacked together right now. So even if I do play, I don't think I can leave UCR for now.

Not only that, getting a ride to your place is still a problem.

Luigios

Smash Apprentice
if i ever play you i will try to give you actual good advice

Not sure who this guy is, but I like em <3

Luigios

Smash Apprentice
Hey luigios wanna play tomorrow? i need some help with my fox/falco . i finish midterms by 12 so ill be free after that
Maybe, not sure if Ill be on campus tomorrow. Ill let you know.

Top Bottom