• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im having problems with naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution 3 thp hakcing anyone tell me what i did wron well ok i got he file i first named a folder under the nsconr3 folder for riivolution thp then i put in the file i created if anyone got the thp hacking for nsconr3 to work tell me how you setup your folders and exactly how
I see 3 problems -

1. Its a Naruto game
2. Terrible Grammar
3. Terrible Punctuation

restate the question so its easier to understand

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
I see 3 problems -

1. Its a Naruto game
2. Terrible Grammar
3. Terrible Punctuation

restate the question so its easier to understand
ok sorry about that i need help with thp hacking in naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution 3.
When i try to hack the op movie it doesn't show up it only show the original thp and i need help with anyone who has thp hacked this game before tell me how you did it!

Xyless

Smash Master
My copy of Riivolution freezes with my codes on the Control editing portion of Brawl. It's really frustrating, because it happens with every mod as well.

Has anyone else had this problem?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The XML file you're using with Riivolution has to point to the file/folder where your THPs are stored. You might have to move the folder. (I don't remember which folder it is.) You might also have to rename the THP file.

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
The XML file you're using with Riivolution has to point to the file/folder where your THPs are stored. You might have to move the folder. (I don't remember which folder it is.) You might also have to rename the THP file.
does anyone have a xml file to point to thp and have a xml that points to files in thp folder and can you remeber please ?

Roager

Smash Ace
So, I downloaded BionicSonic's loader, and put everything where it says to go, as near as I can figure it to be, but on trying to load it from riivolution, it just goes black; doesn't load the game. Is this a problem with my setup, some compatibility issue, etc.? I've tried it with the last B+ release, and BB. If I set it up wrong, could somebody give me more specific instructions then what's in the OP?

Also, the video shows him able to change individual character texture files, but mine only has enable/disable/character only/stage only. Do I need a different XML loader?

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Hey thanks, this tutorial really helped.

Reminds me of the good ol' Action Replay for gamecube.
But better.

You get to keep files inside the loader, unlike Action Replay you have to enter the number codes, which could end up being 50 digits long...
I find this a whole lot better than Gecko OS because you get to choose what you wanna load.

It's like Gecko OS + Action Replay + Awesome = Riivolution.

Keep up the good work.

jasonramirez101

Smash Rookie
Custom Level loads fine with 1P, 2p (it freezes) ideas?

So I have edited level 1-1... nothing elaborate... just a few extra enemies and platforms etc...
I play it fine with 1p, and then as soon as I do 2p it freezes up... it was fine before and I added a couple extra sprites... Is there a limit? Anybody have any idea what could cause this?
Thanks

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If I want to be able to load standard brawl via riivolution, do I need a code?

Also, does the "brawlmods" folder go in the root of the SD card or the "riivolution" folder?

Neosz

Smash Rookie
If I want to be able to load standard brawl via riivolution, do I need a code?

Also, does the "brawlmods" folder go in the root of the SD card or the "riivolution" folder?
The "brawlmods" folder goes in the root of your SD card.

I also have a problem of my own, I had a bunch of textures and stages working perfectly fine. I added a new texture, and from then on Brawl would crash every single time with the beeping noise sent from hell during the character select screen, the stage select screen, or during the loading of a stage. Does anyone know why this could possibly happen?

Neosz

Smash Rookie
@Dark Horse
I forgot to mention that I removed all my textures and then replaced the ones that I knew worked fine and it's still crashing in the same area. If I have no textures whatsoever it loads fine, but I put any given texture in, it crashes.

Yoshima

Smash Cadet
How can I get Riivolution to read my knuckles(over pikachu) CSPs? The model still shows up in the fight and his csps at the results screen are there but the ones at the character select screen are still pikachu's, I don't know what happend. :ohwell:

Neosz

Smash Rookie
Well I've been reading around on my issue and by the way I read it, I think that if I had a common5.pac or RSBE01.gct file loaded or texture files loaded and then deleted them, it would cause the game to freeze. Is this true information or am I misinformed, and if it is true, I can't even fathom what I'd have to go through to figure out all the files I deleted and find replacements for them.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm using bionic's (this is to load smash stack).

Also, I just tried loading riivolution via the SD card menu, and it said that the files are corrupt.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Riivolution doesn't seem to load the MotionPac files of transforming characters, can anyone else confirm this?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
theres a character select and stage select menu texture that i have, but it requires a gct code to work. where do i put it? (im using mod launcher)

also, how do i get the portraits to work? (im running the textures and brawl plus at the same time with mod launcher)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
For some reason, when I run BBrawl through riivoution, my stage textures don't load.

Anyone know what to do? (Character texture load, however)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
If you get Riivolution 1.04.1 (the newest version), that works on 4.3
Link?

Riivolution doesn't seem to load the MotionPac files of transforming characters, can anyone else confirm this?
Some of them are in the common files so you'll have to replace the ones in the common files and save it somewhere

theres a character select and stage select menu texture that i have, but it requires a gct code to work. where do i put it? (im using mod launcher)

also, how do i get the portraits to work? (im running the textures and brawl plus at the same time with mod launcher)
Under brawlplus folder just merge the codes together
Portraits are in info->portrite

For some reason, when I run BBrawl through riivoution, my stage textures don't load.

Anyone know what to do? (Character texture load, however)
Put a copy of your stages in the BBrawl folder and see if it works

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
root/brawlmods/bbrawl/RSBE01, menu2, and BBrawl original fitchar.pacs (oh, and all my stages)

root/Brawlmods/brawlminus/RSBE01, menu2,original fitchar.pacs, and common3_en (in the system folder which is in the pf folder)

root/brawlmods/textures/fighter/all of my texture hacks

root/brawlmods/textures/stages/ another copy of my stage texture hacks

root/brawlmods/textures/system/common5_en.pac

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
root/brawlmods/bbrawl/RSBE01, menu2, and BBrawl original fitchar.pacs (oh, and all my stages)

root/Brawlmods/brawlminus/RSBE01, menu2,original fitchar.pacs, and common3_en (in the system folder which is in the pf folder)

root/brawlmods/textures/fighter/all of my texture hacks

root/brawlmods/textures/stages/ another copy of my stage texture hacks

root/brawlmods/textures/system/common5_en.pac
Inside the BBrawl Folder does it have the fighter folder with the character's folder in it?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Yeah.

10yeahs.
>.>
Bear with me for now
For the common files remove the the _en part
Brawlmods->Stages (that's where stages should go)

Inside whatever mod you're using you should have this:
Fighter folder with the names of the character (according to the ISO)
the RSBE01.gct
And The FitCharacter.Pacs

Hope this is helping

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
For some reason, title screen hacks aren't loading for me. I have it set up roo/brawlmods/brawlminus(exmple)/menu2/mu_menumain_en

Help?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
For some reason, when I load riivolution, it doesn't load the menu that let's you toggle hacks. The most I did was add a couple of texture hacks.

Help please?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I've finished and completed the Brawl Mod Launcher v2 for Riivolution. Works with Brawl+ 7.0, Brawl- 1.6, Project: M (tested as of 8/20/10), Unstoppabrawl, and Balanced Brawl 2.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ugmfa9z1n6242h

Place in the "riivolution" folder, along with codehandler.bin for Ocarina codes.

Code:
    =========== Where do I place my mods? ===================

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/ubrawl/ - Unstoppabrawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as "fighter".

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
                "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
                "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

=========== Where do I place my music? ===================

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

=========== Where do I place my textures? ================

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anythin that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
        X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

=========== How about my movies (THP files)? =============

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.
Bioni c's.

Top Bottom