• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution Q&A and Help Thread

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yet it does work on 4.3, as it was made after 4.3.

You are sure Dant's code fails with Riivolution??

Can't you just mod the xml to include the stages with the alternate names in the same fashion as the stgcustomXs??

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
Bionic, do /fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pcs etc. even exist on disc? And where's the PAL support?

Would anyone be willing to try mine out? It's able to launch all of the big Brawl Mods (Balanced Brawl, Brawl+, etc.) and do all of that fancy file replacement stuff. Plus, it's only 8 KB vs. Bionic's 56 KB monster. :p

I've included it in a zip file which just has to be unzipped at the root of your SD card and anyone will be good to go. You can download the NTSC-U version by clicking here.

It's really easy to use. The folders for the mods are already available for you plus two more folders. One of those two folders, the music folder, however, is but an extra which is not in use by the XML file included. You can choose to delete it if you wish.

Then there's the other extra folder. This one is called "basic" and, despite its name, can do a lot for you and might end up being one of your most frequently used folders. Using it is simple. You place any file in it and as long as this file has the same name as the file on the disc, it will be replaced. Try it out to see for yourself! Optionally, you may choose to match the folders on the disc--simply treat the "basic" folder as the root of the disc.

Also for those who don't already know, remember that each of the folders dedicated to the mods should be treated as the root of the disc. So in the bbrawl folder you would find fighter, menu2, stage, etc. and remember that pfmenu2 should be renamed to menu2 and place in its corresponding folder. Place any gct files for the game inside that folder as well.

As for your own codes, please put them in the codes folder at the root of your SD card.

Have PAL? Click here and try this out instead. I should let you know that the PAL version is experimental. Please report immediately if it either works or does not. Thank you!

For those of you who like to use all those extra folders for convenience:
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
	<id game="RSB" developer="01" />
	<options>
		<section name="General">
			<option name="Character Textures">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="char" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="Stages">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="stg" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="Music">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="music" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="Movies">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="mov" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="PSA">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="psa" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="Sound Effects">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<patch id="sfx" />
				</choice>
			</option>
		</section>
	</options>
	<patch id="char">
		<folder external="/ssbb/characters/" disc="/fighter/" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="stg">
		<folder external="/ssbb/stages/" disc="/stage/melee/" />
		<folder external="/ssbb/stages/" disc="/module/" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="music">
		<folder external="/ssbb/music/" disc="/sound/strm/" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="psa">
		<folder external="/ssbb/psa/" disc="/fighter/" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="mov">
		<folder external="/ssbb/movies/" disc="/movie/" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="sfx">
		<file external="/ssbb/smashbros_sound.brsar" disc="/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" />
	</patch>
</wiidisc>
You'd create the following folders in the ssbb folder:
characters
stages
music
psa
movies

And if you have a sound effects file, it will simply go in the ssbb folder.

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
riivolution can't replace lylat cruise for PAL? always freezes. anyone any idea?
Is it just Lylat Cruise that is having this problem? What stage are you replacing it with? Is it another Lylat Cruise? If it's another Lylat Cruise I'm curious if the language differences might have anything to do with it, otherwise it might be that you're not using the right rel file.

Caliryder209

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know of a way to operate Riivolution with a Gamecube controller? My Wii mote won't connect to the Homebrew Channel or any of its applications for some reason. So, is there a way, or am I SOL when it comes to patching Brawl?

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of a way to operate Riivolution with a Gamecube controller? My Wii mote won't connect to the Homebrew Channel or any of its applications for some reason. So, is there a way, or am I SOL when it comes to patching Brawl?
If you can get to Riivolution you should be able to use the Gamecube controller. If not, I don't understand your problem.

Caliryder209

Smash Rookie
If you can get to Riivolution you should be able to use the Gamecube controller. If not, I don't understand your problem.
When I load Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel, I get a screen saylling "IOS37 must be updated to continue. It's completely safe to update; do you want do so now? press A to continue, or HOME to exit." I press A on the Gamecube controller, but nothing happens. Should i just manually install IOS37? If so, what's the latest version?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
What type of wii remote?
Official one or that nyko one?

When I load Riivolution from the Homebrew Channel, I get a screen saylling "IOS37 must be updated to continue. It's completely safe to update; do you want do so now? press A to continue, or HOME to exit." I press A on the Gamecube controller, but nothing happens. Should i just manually install IOS37? If so, what's the latest version?
Pressing A on the wii mote should do it however first we need to fix the issue with it not working though

Caliryder209

Smash Rookie
It's an official Nintendo remote; I try to stray away from buying third party hardware for just this reason. I've searched countless forums and Google results for weeks, but can never find a solution. All I get is the "hold the console's sync button for 30 seconds to clear Wiimote registrations, then perform a standard sync", which doesn't work. So, any help with either my remote issue or just getting riivolution to function with the Gamecube controller would be much appreciated. Really, all I want to do is patch Brawl...

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
What is stopping you from updating to system menu 4.3? I wonder if any lower system menu versions might be having conflicts with the newest HBC installation, if that's the one you're using.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
What is stopping you from updating to system menu 4.3? I wonder if any lower system menu versions might be having conflicts with the newest HBC installation, if that's the one you're using.
I don't think that's it as i'm on 4.2U and have the latest HBC and my wiimote works fine

Try borrowing someone else's remote just this once. Once Riivolution starts working, it will support GCN controllers.
That's actually a pretty good idea i'd do that if i were you

Caliryder209

Smash Rookie
Try borrowing someone else's remote just this once. Once Riivolution starts working, it will support GCN controllers.
Hey, it worked! Once I got it started with my friends Wiimote, I was able to use the Gamecube controller and patch my own songs into Brawl. Thanks guys, you helped me out a lot.

Franchan

Smash Rookie
Bionic Sonic

I am using Bionic Sonic's XML and I am wondering where I should put the pfmenu2 folders and its contents of Brawl minus and Brawl Plus because they have a conflicting sc_title.pac file...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Maybe this is more relevant here, why can't I replace the credits theme(X27) using Riivolution?

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Question, Riivolution doesn't load at all on my Wii. Any idea why? It just goes into a black screen when I open it in the homebrew channel and my wiimote disconnects (which I'm guessing means the wii froze)

Edit: Nevermind, just using a crappy SD card

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Okay well I've justs recently switched from gecko to riivo and are countering some issues. My custom music, CSS, and textures aren't showing up. I have everything enabled,already installed riivo, they only worked for a day but then i switched my outer folders with my brawl- stuff and it should still work right? Because i thought the outer folders were only gecko files and everything in the riivo folder is the riivo and now its not working. Also my wii/tv goes to a black screen when i use the hook's, dunno if it means anything because i disabled it but i thought i might point that out. Can anyone please help with my codes not working problem?

EDIT: More information that might help since i noticed no one is responding <_< : Okay so it only goes to that black screen when i enable any of the hooks under the riivolution selection screen. When I disable the hook none of my codes work. This is really it and i hope someone can help me. Thanks. :)

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
hey i have a pal wii but im visiting america.i have both gecko and riivolution but gecko seems to be the only one that can force ntsc so my games are in colour over here. however i cant seem to force okami as it just shows up with a green screen :/ ive been looking up riivolution but cant force anything.just wanted to know how i could make it possible to force things and whether there was a program that would allow me to use a sort of freeloader software? thanks in advance.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I just sw2itched from gecko OS to Riivolution becuase everytime I load brawl through gecko, the screen just turns black. I don't understand how to use riivolution at all, is there a step by step tutorial on how to use your brawl hacks on riivolution? Gecko seems abit eaiser.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
For some odd reason, when I try to use the Flaming Blue CSS, it won't work properly. Even though I transfered my sc_selcharacter.pac in my common5.pac and use the CSS fix code it still won't work at all. I've tried making a new .gct and the same problem arises, even though when I load through gecko it works fine. Also, none of the menu2 files work at all either. Even though they are in proper places (I just copied the stuff from pfmenu2 and menu2 over from my other SD card into brawlmods/brawlplus/menu2) they don't load properly. Also, when I put some new stages on there they didn't load at all either even though they were under the proper directories and named correctly. Can someone tell me what it is I am doing wrong or what could be wrong with my SD card (it's a PNY 8GB, so it isn't a crappy one by any means)?

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
For some odd reason, when I try to use the Flaming Blue CSS, it won't work properly. Even though I transfered my sc_selcharacter.pac in my common5.pac and use the CSS fix code it still won't work at all. I've tried making a new .gct and the same problem arises, even though when I load through gecko it works fine. Also, none of the menu2 files work at all either. Even though they are in proper places (I just copied the stuff from pfmenu2 and menu2 over from my other SD card into brawlmods/brawlplus/menu2) they don't load properly. Also, when I put some new stages on there they didn't load at all either even though they were under the proper directories and named correctly. Can someone tell me what it is I am doing wrong or what could be wrong with my SD card (it's a PNY 8GB, so it isn't a crappy one by any means)?
Showing us the XML you used might help.

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
I believe it is now OK to release this.

I haven't a name for this file. Call it what you wish. Its purpose is simple. It works in a similar fashion to Bionic's Mod Launcher but this should work perfectly for all three regions of Brawl. This is one file for EVERYONE to use. You will need codehandler.bin in order for this to work.

Click here to download.

The contents of the file are below.
Code:
<wiidisc version="1">
	<id game="RSB" />
	<options>
		<section name="General">
			<option name="Region">
				<choice name="NTSC-J">
					<patch id="jp" />
				</choice>
				<choice name="NTSC-U">
					<patch id="us" />
				</choice>
				<choice name="PAL">
					<patch id="pal" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="Mod Set">
				<choice name="Default">
					<patch id="codefile" />
					<patch id="ocarinabase" />
					<!-- codefile is RSBR01.gct -->
				</choice>
				<choice name="Balanced Brawl">
					<patch id="bbrawl" />
					<param name="folder" value="bbrawl" />
					<patch id="smashmod" />
				</choice>
				<choice name="Brawl+">
					<patch id="brawlplus" />
					<param name="folder" value="brawlplus" />
					<patch id="smashmod" />
				</choice>
				<choice name="Brawl-">
					<patch id="brawlminus" />
					<param name="folder" value="brawlminus" />
					<patch id="smashmod" />
				</choice>
				<choice name="Project M">
					<patch id="projectm" />
					<param name="folder" value="projectm" />
					<patch id="smashmod" />
				</choice>
				<choice name="Unstoppabrawl">
					<patch id="ubrawl" />
					<param name="folder" value="ubrawl" />
					<patch id="smashmod" />
				</choice>
			</option>
			<option name="File Patch">
				<choice name="Enabled">
					<param name="folder" value="disc" />
					<patch id="smashmod" />
				</choice>
			</option>
		</section>
	</options>
	<patch id="smashmod">
		<folder external="/ssbb/{$folder}/" recursive="false" />
		<folder external="/ssbb/{$folder}/" disc="/" />
		<!--Make custom stages possible-->
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM1.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM1.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM2.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM2.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM3.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM3.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM4.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM4.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM5.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM5.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM6.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM6.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM7.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM7.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM8.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM8.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM9.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM9.PAC" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom1.rel" disc="/module/st_custom1.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom2.rel" disc="/module/st_custom2.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom3.rel" disc="/module/st_custom3.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom4.rel" disc="/module/st_custom4.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom5.rel" disc="/module/st_custom5.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom6.rel" disc="/module/st_custom6.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom7.rel" disc="/module/st_custom7.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom8.rel" disc="/module/st_custom8.rel" create="true" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/module/st_custom9.rel" disc="/module/st_custom9.rel" create="true" />
		<!--End of making custom stages-->
		<!--Easy transfer from Phantom Wing's File Patch Code starts here.-->
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_ja.pcs" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_ja.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_ja.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_en.pcs" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_en.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_en.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_de.pcs" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_de.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_de.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_fr.pcs" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_fr.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_fr.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_es.pcs" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_es.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_es.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01_it.pcs" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal00_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal01_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal02_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal03_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04.pac" disc="/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal04_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXONETT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXONETT_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGDXPSTADIUM_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGGW.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGGW_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGMADEIN.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGMADEIN_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGNEWPORK_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGPICTCHAT_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGRESULT.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGRESULT_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGSTADIUM_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_00_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_01_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_02_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_03_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04.PAC" disc="/stage/melee/STGVILLAGE_04_it.PAC" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common.pac" disc="/system/common_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common2.pac" disc="/system/common2_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common3.pac" disc="/system/common3_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common4.pac" disc="/system/common4_it.pac" />
		<file external="/ssbb/{$folder}/system/common5.pac" disc="/system/common5_it.pac" />
		<!--Easy transfer from Phantom Wing's File Patch Code ends here.-->
	</patch>
	<patch id="codefile">
		<memory valuefile="/codes/RSBR01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="bbrawl">
		<memory valuefile="/ssbb/bbrawl/RSBR01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="brawlplus">
		<memory valuefile="/ssbb/brawlplus/RSBR01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="brawlminus">
		<memory valuefile="/ssbb/brawlminus/RSBR01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="projectm">
		<memory valuefile="/ssbb/projectm/RSBR01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="ubrawl">
		<memory valuefile="/ssbb/ubrawl/RSBR01.gct" offset="0x00570000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="ocarinabase">
		<memory valuefile="/riivolution/codehandler.bin" offset="0x00001800" />
		<memory offset="0x00001CDE" value="8057" />
		<memory offset="0x00001CE2" value="0000" />
		<memory offset="0x00001F5A" value="8057" />
		<memory offset="0x00001F5E" value="0000" />
		<memory offset="0x000042B8" value="60000000" />
		<memory ocarina="true" value="7CE33B783887003438A7003838C7004C" offset="0x000018A8" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="us">
		<memory offset="0x003E9930" value="60000000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="jp">
		<memory offset="0x003E99A8" value="60000000" />
	</patch>
	<patch id="pal">
		<memory offset="0x003E9D5C" value="60000000" />
	</patch>
</wiidisc>
There is a total of seven folders available to you excluding the codes folder.

ROOT:/ssbb/
This is where the remaining six folders will be housed.

ROOT:/ssbb/disc/
This folder is where all of your file patches will go. Either place all music, texture, etc. files in this folder or match the disc paths of each file. Your own code file does not belong here.

ROOT:/ssbb/bbrawl/
ROOT:/ssbb/brawlplus/
ROOT:/ssbb/brawlminus/
ROOT:/ssbb/projectm/
ROOT:/ssbb/ubrawl/

These folders are exactly like the disc folder; however, they are dedicated to the Smash Mod whose name is similar or the same to the respective folder. The respective code files are to be placed in these folders.

I ask that you name every code file RSBR01.gct or else edit the RSBR01.gct file names in the XML file yourself if it truly bothers you that much.

If you are wondering how to deal with the following paths:
/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/ . . .
/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/ . . .
  1. Rename "pfmenu2" to "menu2."
  2. Move "menu2" into "pf."
  3. Rename "pf" to its respective mod folder or "disc" if it's your own.
  4. Move the renamed folder into ROOT:/ssbb/.

When turning on Riivolution with this XML file, you will find three options available to you on the General page.

Region
This option is critical in order to ensure that the codes work for the game.
NTSC-J is Japan.
NTSC-U is North America.
PAL is Europe/Australia.

Mod Set
There are six options here. This is where you choose the Smash Mod you wish to load, otherwise your own code file.
Default will simply load your own code file (found int ROOT:/codes/RSBR01.gct).
The rest load the Smash Mods.

File Patch
You simply Enable or Disable this.
Enabling this option causes the files located in ROOT:/ssbb/disc/ to be loaded. This takes priority over the Smash Mods themselves. Be careful!

I hope you all enjoy it. Please report any issues. Thank you.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Hello, so I am somewhat new to Riivoltuion, but have found "Bionic Sonic's Brawl Mod Launcher v2.1" XML pretty much the answer to my dreams. Everything is loading fine. Except for two things.

I am also having trouble loading the custom CSS and SSS I have downloaded. At first I reasoned the original CSS I was using required a custom code set that was not compatible with the XML's system of File Replacement. So I downloaded a "normal" CSS and SSS that only required the basic File Replacement codes to function. However, they still refused to work. This was odd, as I noticed my "mu_mainmenu.pac" and "sc_title.pac" were loading fine. The only files refusing to work were labeled "sc_selcharacter.pac" and "sc_selmap.pac". Everything was placed under: X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2

Anyways, I took a look into the XML and noticed these lines:

• <file external="/brawlmods/textures/menu2/mu_menumain.pac" disc="/menu2/mu_menumain_en.pac" />
  • <file external="/brawlmods/textures/menu2/sc_title.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_title_en.pac" />
So, being experimental, I manually added these lines underneath:

• <file external="/brawlmods/textures/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac" />
  • <file external="/brawlmods/textures/menu2/sc_selmap.pac" disc="/menu2/sc_selmap_en.pac" />
As you guys would probably expect, the game froze as soon as I advanced onto the CSS.

Here are the files I wish to use:

->CSS
->SSS

If there is anyway to get these files working (they only seem to require basic file replacement codes already in use for the "mu_mainmenu.pac" and "sc_title.pac") I would DEEPLY appreciate any direction or advice.

EDIT: I also noticed that this file (which changes the look of the wi-fi friend roster) refuses to work as well, although I am placing it in the seemingly correct folder, X:/brawlmods/custom1/menu/wifi (yes I am choosing to load Custom Set #1) and seems to only require basic file replacement. I believe this is similar to the problems encountered with my custom CSS and SSS. I can only hope this is a simple fix.

Dr.Mario84

Smash Cadet
I am also having trouble loading the custom CSS and SSS I have downloaded. At first I reasoned the original CSS I was using required a custom code set that was not compatible with the XML's system of File Replacement. So I downloaded a "normal" CSS and SSS that only required the basic File Replacement codes to function. However, they still refused to work. This was odd, as I noticed my "mu_mainmenu.pac" and "sc_title.pac" were loading fine. The only files refusing to work were labeled "sc_selcharacter.pac" and "sc_selmap.pac". Everything was placed under: X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2
You need to replace the right files in common5_en.pac in BrawlBox. CSS and SSS are located there. Then place common5_en.pac in the system folder. X:/brawlmods/textures/system/common5_en.pac

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Okay, so I have edited my common5_en.pac file as you have described like so:

I have then placed this "common5_en.pac" file within the directory you have suggested. I have also placed it under X:/brawlmods/custom1/system/common5_en.pac. The game, again fails to load the custom CSS and SSS I have designated...

Thank you for your patience, but unfortunately things are seeming to still refuse to work. I am using an SDHC card to load from, but I thought Riivolution handled all those problems... Do you need any more info, or what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Problem solved, thank you again for the help.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I believe I will post it here.

anyway, I need some help.
as I see, the PAL version of File Replacing Code goes freeze on almost every stage hack while riivulotions fix those stage easy.
I want make so riivulotions can use codes but I dont know how to do it :/
I using the first XML riivulotions (only one options, file replacing)
a xml what can support codes and replacing files would be nice

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i would like to request help in writing an xml file that will replace the Sound Effects/Voices, THP's, Character Textures, Stage Textures and music - essentially, a file replacement for vBrawl. its coming out a little difficult for me, unless im somehow making it a lot harder for myself than it actually is :D

Top Bottom