• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
How dare you say that? They both rock!!!!!

Dedede is the Main anti-hero, so by popularity he'd be the top choice, although meta knight is undoubtedly cooler

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
How big is Ridley in the regular Metroid games? I ask this cuz earleir some one said he was to big, but in the starting video of ssbm, he looked only a git bigger than Samus...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
How big is Ridley in the regular Metroid games? I ask this cuz earleir some one said he was to big, but in the starting video of ssbm, he looked only a bit bigger than Samus...

smashman90

Smash Lord
That's what she said. We all know that Samus is a dirty girl, yadda yadda yadda. I still think that all of the Ridley's that we have seen are clones and they were probably at different stages of their lifecycles (which would explain their size and possibly their different colors).

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ridely has been recreated by the Space pirates in every game he has appeared in so he can be any size, however despite having a new body it is always the same ridley as they transfer his brain patterns/dna into the the new body.

LoneYoshi

Smash Cadet
Riley's size doesn't matter, as long as he fights the same. As you said, he changes his body, and maybe his size, every game.

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
Why can't Ridley both be a playable character and an adventure mode boss?
................................................Wow. Just wow. It wouldn't make sense if he'd fight himself in the new and different Adventure Mode. And don't say anything about "different/alternate colors/costumes". This Adventure Mode is going to hopefully be brand-new and more different from the normal game setup.

Does a character's fanbase really determine worthiness of being playable? You could have a character who's not at all fit for fighting but has a huge fanbase following. Does this mean he/she should be playable in Brawl?

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
And Adventure Mode Boss may be one, but Bowser was kind of the Boss in Adventure mode, and he was playable. I'm sure Ridley will be playable, not JUST a boss.
About Bowser. That's because Melee's Adventure Mode relied too much on normal fights instead of mini-stages. This should be all about mini-stages with a crapload more enemies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
................................................Wow. Just wow. It wouldn't make sense if he'd fight himself in the new and different Adventure Mode. And don't say anything about "different/alternate colors/costumes". This Adventure Mode is going to hopefully be brand-new and more different from the normal game setup.

Does a character's fanbase really determine worthiness of being playable? You could have a character who's not at all fit for fighting but has a huge fanbase following. Does this mean he/she should be playable in Brawl?
Any character, as long as they are Nintendo or a considered thrid party, can be made to fight. Charatcers who can already fight are easier to fit into Brawl, such as Ridley. And in adventure mode, the last fight was Bowser, and it was Bowser vs. Bowser, Ridley vs. Ridley wouldn't he farfetched at all.

Yes, Sakurai stated that he didn't like the Adventure Mde in Melee too much, and is focusing on 1P mode more.

EDIT: Double-Posting isn't good either

smashman90

Smash Lord
A character's fanbase can determine whether or not if he/she/it will be in Brawl but it isn't the only factor. Also, It would make sense to see two Ridleys since there has been different versions of Ridley like size, color, etc. and it would be kinda cool to see Ridley fight another version of him/it.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Adventure Mode Boss. There will be new concepts in here, mind you.
1.Ridley would rock.
2.Meta Ridley would be Adventure boss more likey than Ridley.
3.Metriod Prime Hunters..err not a good idea. The game was meh,
4.Ridley is the most requested out of the Metriod Franchise.
5...Don't you want to play as a Dragon.
6...Metriod Prime Hunters would not be a good idea because Ridley is just too cool.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Meta-Ridley and Ridley both rock. And who doesn't want to be an intergalactic space dragon? They deserve to be in smash bros. because the only metroid character in the smash bros. games is Samus.
Yes, Ridley in before another Metroid character.

Can anyone find me a good close-up 3D pick of ridley? I need it to show my support to him....

smashman90

Smash Lord
and maybe some wings too. Also, I don't think you guys are gonna find a good 3-d pic of Ridley because the only Ridley(s) that are 3-d are Meta-Ridley(Metroid Prime 1) and either another Meta-Ridley or regular Ridley(Metroid Prime 3)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
wow, so much happens when you are gone for a while. please someone beat me with a stick if i don't come on to smashboards, in like 3 days.

anyway, i see we have a few more ridley fans and a few ridley haters. but i still believe that ridley would be the coolest (nintendo) character to be included for brawl. and it doesn't matter in smash whether you fight yourself in adventure. all that matters is that ridley is one badass dragon who would be a perfect fit.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
and maybe some wings too. Also, I don't think you guys are gonna find a good 3-d pic of Ridley because the only Ridley(s) that are 3-d are Meta-Ridley(Metroid Prime 1) and either another Meta-Ridley or regular Ridley(Metroid Prime 3)
Not to nitpick, but I think it's been confirmed that MP3 ridley is "Phazon Ridley"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom