• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
nice. but you have alot of pages to go through if you want to post even a little of the movesets. you should probably only post a full moveset, with his stats and a attacks. then us ridley fans can vote for the best.

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
Guys...No way Ridley is making it into Brawl. He is too big and he doesn't have a personality. So just forget Ridley.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Guys...No way Ridley is making it into Brawl. He is too big and he doesn't have a personality. So just forget Ridley.
The first thing has been discussed in this thread and others. It's not an issue anymore.

The second...he actually has more of a personality than alot of characters already in Smash Bros., so that's bunk.

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
Oh then tell me what his personality is. And i know that it has been discussed im just bringing it up.

icymatt

Smash Lord
He's the leader of the Space Pirates. He killed Samus' parents.

Still more than 'He wants to climb a mountain'.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Don't take out the special only movelists! I like mine, and a couple others that were special only. Eh, I'm no good at creating complete movelists. -_-

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Meta Ridley moveset here:

Nuetral B- Plamsa Cannon(Like in Metriod Prime): Ridley can charge up his Cannon to max power to devestate about half of row of field.

Down B- Plamsa bombs:Ridley flies a bit off the ground in a digonal way dropping bombs on the floor exlploding everywhere.

Up B-Missles:Meta Ridley in the air spins around flying up shooting missles that have homing captailty to near character.

Foward B-Charge: Ridley Charges across the floor and using his head head to make a character fly up to the sky.

A-Claw Swipe
AA-Two Claw Swipes
AAA-Three Calw Swipes

Up tilt A-(Like Bowser's Up tilt A)
Down tilt A-(Like Bowser's D tilt A)
Foward tilt A-Hard bite on the charcter

Foward Smash A-Ridley uses his fist to hit oppenent (Meteor Smash as well)
Down Smash A-Ridley ducks his head and releases a mini firball on to the ground creating a small explosion on the floor.
Up Smash A-Ridley uses his wings to hit the character and send it flying.

Nair-Ridley uses tail on the character.
Fair-Claw Swipe(Like Bower's)
Uair-Shoots up a small fireball
Dair-Uses his tail like a harpoon (Like Link's Dair)

Grabs:
A-Attack(Like Bowser's)
F-throw-Ridley uses his mouth and let's a plamsa beam on him.
D-Throw-Ridley uses foot on character to to move him around on th floor causing damage (Stays in same spot)
U-Throw-Ridley throws the character up.
B-throw-Uses tail to go around teh character and throws him down on the stage causing the Character to go up.(Meaning bounce)

Super Smash attack-All out:Ridley uses his plasma beam and missles to cover entire stage causing heavy damage and knockouts at high percentages.

Taunt:Ridley screeches and moves his back and forth.

Stats:
4/5 Weight, with the extra armor he becomes a bit heavier.
5/5 Power, with the added weapons Ridley is deadly all around.
3/5 Speed, With the added weight Ridley slows quite a bit.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I think the vB and ^B should be reversed though - in MP he fires the missiles after ascending from below with his wings spread out, so that could translate in SSBB with him spinning upward in a drill motion with his wings folded around him, then upon reaching the height of his ascent fully spreads his wings out with the missile tips on his wings firing on both sides. Just a thought that crossed my mind...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hell no! I hate the GBA versions of Ridley and their high pitched sreeches! They should either go with the way he sounds in Super Metroid or Metroid Prime.

As far as the missiles are concerned, I think they were simply explosive.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
he was badass in metroid prime. i had a blast playing him as a boss. oh how i long to play as ridley in brawl. anyway, that is a nice moveset dark knight. although i have to say his up b needs to be more of a recovery move.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i didn't like the look we saw in the beginning of melee, the same ridley from super metroid. but if they give it a darker look (while still giving meta-ridley as a costume) then it is fine by me.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Good stuff once again, even better with the updates. Still can't decide whether a dash attack (as you suggested) or a tail attack (like "Dragoon Harpoon" - it even rhymes!) would be best for his >B - both would be awesome...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I meant that Charge attack by dash... Yeah I guess my memory of fighting Meta Ridley isn't as sharp as I thought, but I saw that video the other day on YouTube, so its refreshed... go ahead and post it if you want - reference material never hurts...

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
i love fighting ridley in MP. but i guess his b> would involve the charge attack in MP. it might be something we see in MP3.
Ridley is a hard one for a B> attack. something involving his tail would be good.

here is my B> attack for Ridley from my moveset.

(B) Forwards: Space plasma attack. Spits out plasma like a Fire Plant, but instead of gradually growing weaker, it would gradually grow stronger. Ridley will become breathless shortly after reaching peak power, where he cannot use a Space Plasma or Triple-Fire attack for aprox. 3 seconds. [5 – 17%, med speed]

something like that?

and btw does anyone know how Rildey is pronounced? i have always thought it as 'ride-li' but my brother ays it is 'rid-li'... hmmm

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
in relation to pronunciation: wikipedia states that "In Metroid: Zero Mission, "Ridley" is also the name of a deep underground cavern that houses Ridley himself (known previously as Ridley's lair in the original Metroid).

There are several similarities with the movie Alien and Metroid, as well as other parts of the Metroid series and Alien movie series. Many fans therefore speculate that Ridley's name is a reference to the director of the first movie, Ridley Scott" which means it is probably said similar to Ridley Scott's name.

Does anyone know how to say that?

EDIT: and woot finally enough people have rated the thread.

4 outta 5 aint bad

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, we just have to think english here. the name does not end in "e" so the i is pronounced as "rid" and not "ride". then the "ey" usually makes an "ee" sound, so ridley's name is prounounced "rid-lee" as xianfeng has said it.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I think that too. I always said it Rid-lee. Anyways does anyone think he might end up bieng MP3 Ridley? It makes sense, to promote the game and all.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Ridley will look like in MP3, because there are so many Ridleys out in the Metroid universe.
I thought the explaination was that there was only one Ridley that was constantly being rebuilt whenever Samus beat him.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Actually Meta Ridley is after the frist Mertroid so yea. In MP2 there is no Ridley at all, then in Metoid 2:Return of Samus another Ridley comes out..Then in Super Metriod, the Ridley from Metroid 2 is there. In Metroid Fusion it's Ridley with the X-virsus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom