• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Not just anyone. Besides Ridley, there aren't really any good candidates for a SSB roster spot from the pre-MPH era. Even in MPH, the only hunters with any real chance are Sylux, Weavel, and Noxus. Maybe Trace aswell... We also have yet to see how significant the hunters in MP3:C are going to be...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Lord_Deathborne said:
Not just anyone. Besides Ridley, there aren't really any good candidates for a SSB roster spot from the pre-MPH era. Even in MPH, the only hunters with any real chance are Sylux, Weavel, and Noxus. Maybe Trace aswell... We also have yet to see how significant the hunters in MP3:C are going to be...
Dark Samus. But that's another topic.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I think Ridley could be a very good character, mainly because his body is very unique compared to any other characters. THis would offer many different moves, rather than recycling existing moves from other characters.

He would be a large, yet light character with wings....probably not powerful but quick. I could see that his air game could be played out very well (wings for floating..plus good arials), with a defensive land game because of his large reach.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark samus would so pwn, and he/she/it isnt gonna bea nother samus clone, aslo what look should ridley have:
The red one from super, the meta-look from MP or the new cool blue look from MP3?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Stryks said:
Dark samus would so pwn, and he/she/it isnt gonna bea nother samus clone, aslo what look should ridley have:
The red one from super, the meta-look from MP or the new cool blue look from MP3?
If Dark Samus gets in, I doubt he/she/it will be anything other than a clone. Suddenly a scary thought comes to mind: It's Zero Suit Dark Samus! :eek: Weird reference to SNL's classic skit aside, despite obviously having different mechanics to Samus, they would likely "clone" D. Samus for the sake of convenience...

As far as Ridley's look, they'll likely use all three, along with classic purple, in the form of color palettes and Meta Ridley as an alternate costume.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, have you played metroid prime 2? if you have, dark samus is definetely not a clone. plus, dark samus is both mother brain and metroid prime, so they could base a moveset off that too.

as for apperance, i am hoping for meta-ridley, although purple will be standard.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
im hoping that the normal costume will be his purple colour from super metroid, but i would also like to have the meta-ridley costume as an atlernate costume (maybe unlockable? like trophys?)

ridley will rock wateva colour he is and it dosent matter if he is a starting character or unlockable.

he.will.rock

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
ahem motherbrain isn't in MP, no the blob isn't it also the rondus guy in MP3 or whatever he's called looks to be the same species as the ice hunter in MP:H Noxus or w/e. Anyway back on track, ridley will have all those colours and hopefully meta as costumes for sure if he's in, I really can't wait till 2007 when we start discovering who's in it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the blob looks like mother brain, and it is a possibility since mother brain reappeared in super metroid. but yeah, i really want sakurai to update again. i really want to know who is in it. hoping for ridley to be one of the first announced.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
...The blob?
The essence of MP that steals the Phazon suit and collapses the room?
Yeah, that looks nothing like Mother Brain; if anything, it looks like a Core X (please do NOT make me explain why this is not the case). The Pirates discover Metroid Prime in the Impact Crater, indicating that it was already there. Surely they'd recognize their supreme leader. In addition, the "Fall of Zebes" log states that Mother Brain is dead (in need of "resucitation") during the events of MP.

In other words, Mother Brain =/= Metroid Prime.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
exactly although i swear the motherbrain is set in games after MP, it stil llooks nothing like it, motherbrain looks like a brain for a start.

Cmon ridley for brawl! they could just give us a sneak shots with some blurred shadows of characters, I mean by this poit surely they've decided at least some of who's in it.

MetaKirby

Smash Rookie
kaid said:
There's going to be another trailer later this year, I heard.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?! Where did you hear THAT?! I must see it!

p.s. SSBB needs Ridley AND dark Samus

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
SensFan said:
I have no clue who that is. I'm so alienated from the non-Smash Nintendo world. *googles Ridley* Oooooh... him. I've always liked his show. BELIEVE IT OR NOT!
yea that would be ripleys believe it or not. but you were prolly just joking around. definately ridley would be cool but he couldnt be too slow. the "big" guys of brawl didnt do so hot. with exception of ganon but that because ganon had SOME speed. he prolly shouldnt have a B-up that recovers but maybe 3 or 4 jumps. i dont wanna say 5 jumps because giving a big guy that much recov is crazy. the only problem i see...is his specials. you dont really see ridley do much other than claw at you, tail whip you, and (its been some time since i quit playing super metroid) shot those classic little circle shots at you.for his super he could go metal ridley and get a big increase in stats. sorta like when jin goes super in MVC and MVC2. wow this post was long.

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
kaid said:
Ridley's A moves can take inspiration from both Bowser's claw attacks and Mewtwo's tail attacks. For instance, His foward air could be based off bowser, but his backair could be like Mewtwo's tailflick.

a: claw swipes (Bowser)
tiltA: tail attack (like M2)
downA: Bite
upA: overhead claw (like bowser)

fair: foward claw (like bowser)
Dair: foot-claw swipe (Marth)
Backair: tailflick (M2)
Upair: flip with tail (M2)
Nair: aerial spin

Fsmash: Headbutt
Usmash: Overhead bite
Dsmash: Double tail flick (yoshi, with more range)

B: Kinetic Breath Weapon- think a shorter thunder that starts at ridley's mouth and angles downward. Startup time is comparable to Warlock Punch or Gannon's uptilt

vB: Wingover dive- Ridly stopps falling for an instant, gliding foward... then flips over and drops like a rock. inspired by Warlock/Falcon kick.

<B Meta Claw- Read as Koopa claw

^B: Bombing run- Ridley flys upward, dropping weak explosive projectiles.

(NEEDS WORK!)
i like your ideas. i notice that characters utilize every apendage. with ridley this includes wings. so maybe his u tilt could be like him facing the screen and flipping his wings open upwards.i dont like the f smash being a headbutt...maybe a body slam. im thikning b fward be tailwhip combo like like marths combo in a way, because ridley always whipped alot. lets not forget (if memory serves.) he would pick you up in super metroid so maybe he could have a claw like bowsers as b fwd (that would mean you have to move the tail combo) and then you could like fly into things to hust people. your air looks good but i think the hitboxs on like his dair might be a spike thats very DK meteor esque. the bombing run doesnt sound in ridleys character. i agree that he should fly upward spinning with ALL his limbs pulled tight to his body and he opens his wings at the top of his flight. so it would essentially be a screw attack with an ending relating to the end of an arial whirling blade but with out the chance to escape and crazy knockback.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ridley's special could just be a massive blast from his mouth like meta ridley does in MP he lands then leans forwards and blasts out a mssive beam.

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
I dunno

I think ridley is a bit too big i mean look at himhttp://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/sm/smart_ridley01.jpg but who knows i think he would be a good addition if he made it but he's just too big

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
Yeah your probably right i wonder how many jumps would he have..Would he have good recovery probably because of his wings. Hmmm.... :confused:

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
His ^ b could be a flap of his wings, after he goes into a really streamlined form, and hits enemies with his beak.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well according to Wikipedia, he has "the ability to exhale fire and/or plasma" so I guess that means we're both right. Originally he would only breath fire, but alot of changes have been made since the original Metroid...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i have only played zero mission and the prime games, so i don't know about fire. i know i will download the originals on the virtual console when they become available.

anyway, he should fire plasma from his mouth if he appears in brawl. bowser already has fire. and the only similarities between the 2 are they are reptilian like, just as you said. but ridley has the ability to fly, has a huge tail, and is quick, while bowser is rather slow, powerful, and no flying ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom