• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
colbusman said:
but because of his fanbase, his stats, and his moves, he would be a better character.
yea, i will be so anoyed if he was a boss (nobody likes gameshak characters, there too unacesable (sp?) )

but i do believe they will put Ridley in, because so many ppl want him and they dont have any other chars from metroid then z/samus.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
hmmm..ridley, eh? i had the original metroid 4 gba, u no, the re-release. but i got ridd of the game b4 i got 2 any big boss fites. lol plus, the only time ive evr seen ridley is in the intro movie of ssbm. he looked a bit like bowsers size, yet so much skinnier & agile. he culd definitely pull of a part in ssbb, but this is just judging the book by its cover.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
No, it's not that bad of a judgement. The Melee intro shows how I'd like Ridley to play (flying low to the ground like Mewtwo's hovering).

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Before hand I was completely against Ridley for Brawl for some reason; I think it was because of the fact that instead of being a cartoonish dragon, he was a more serious one which didn't seem to be Smash material with characters like Yoshi and Mr. Game & Watch. I'm starting to think much differently, though.

With the addition of a real-time character like Snake, it leaves huge possiblities for other more realistic yet completely ficticious characters like Ridley to be placed in the game. The only problem I would have is his movement.. I mean, he can fly.. and sure, they can get rid of his flying capabilites, but what good are wings if ya' can't fly? :p

Anyways, if I supported characters in my signature I'd definitely put Ridley over all these ridiculous third party characters or small-time characters that serve no importance to any Nintendo game. I just can't seem to see him as a playable character.

Ah well.. Good luck xD

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
MDZ said:
Before hand I was completely against Ridley for Brawl for some reason; I think it was because of the fact that instead of being a cartoonish dragon, he was a more serious one which didn't seem to be Smash material with characters like Yoshi and Mr. Game & Watch. I'm starting to think much differently, though.

With the addition of a real-time character like Snake, it leaves huge possiblities for other more realistic yet completely ficticious characters like Ridley to be placed in the game. The only problem I would have is his movement.. I mean, he can fly.. and sure, they can get rid of his flying capabilites, but what good are wings if ya' can't fly? :p

Anyways, if I supported characters in my signature I'd definitely put Ridley over all these ridiculous third party characters or small-time characters that serve no importance to any Nintendo game. I just can't seem to see him as a playable character.

Ah well.. Good luck xD
Well, Samus is, was, and always has been just as serious a character as Snake and Ridley are. You have to remember that. Also, Marth and Roy are quite "Real" compared to the other character. Don't think that Snake is the first serious human character to be introduced in Smash.

I like you. You brought you were personable, reasonable, and brought your points up without getting all up in our collective grille.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
dotdotdot! said:
Well, Samus is, was, and always has been just as serious a character as Snake and Ridley are. You have to remember that. Also, Marth and Roy are quite "Real" compared to the other character. Don't think that Snake is the first serious human character to be introduced in Smash.

I like you. You brought you were personable, reasonable, and brought your points up without getting all up in our collective grille.
Yar, I understand that there have been serious characters, but I think it's the fact that they represent human-like characters rather than some haul-*** dragon. And I understand that Marth, Roy, & Samus are "real" characters, but the thing with Snake is his existance could be possible in modern day time because most of the things he does are humanly possible. I mean, I have no idea what relevance that has with the addition of Ridley, but that gives him a higher sense of realism than the other characters to me.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
i just realized that this 'ridley for SSBB' is one of the biggest character specific threads.

the Krystal in brawl thread is the biggest (688 posts), then the Geno thread (657), followed by the Sonic thread (572), then Waluwigi (536) and then us (536 - omg wer equal with waluigi thread!!! Lol)

hehe just showing how popular Ridley is as a character (im calling him 4th fav. because everyone on Waluigi thread is just bagging him out lol)

quick someone post so we can -offically- be the fourth biggest character specific thread :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The first few pages in the krystal thread are people insulting furries, a few pages in the sonic thread are anti-sonic, 3/4 of the Waluigi thread is bagging him out and a lot of this thread is people saying Ridley is too big so remove the flaming and they are completly different results :p

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
yea i thought about that but i was just stating who had the biggest thread, like which caused the most controversy etc. (lol controversy :p)

hey, a little off topic, but i am just wondering if there was a poll for ppl's fav. chars on this site, i just wanna know where Ridley went in that if there has been one (and i reckon there would have been)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
An Ubisoft fan I see (2 out of your 3 suggestions). Don't know about Leon's chances though - I think that Nintendo's fairly bitter over the loss of RE4's exclusivity... But then again, they did snag RE2's from the Sony back in the PSone vs. N64 days...

But I guess we ought to get back on topic. Hopefully Sakurai takes notice of the popularity of characters like Ridley, Krystal, and Geno...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i am only a ubisoft fan of those franchises, and soon red steel. and wii is getting an exclusive resident evil game, so who knows.

but yes, we do need to get back on topic. and looking at the standings of our charcters, the 3 you mentioned seem the most likely, although geno may be a diffrent story, depending of how sakurai and square look at it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Unlockable, pretty use the only default new characters will be the ones in the trailer, but maybe snake will be unlockable.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I could see Ridley as a default character. I think the unlockables will be the more obscure characters like Takamaru or lolo or Demeru.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i heard that all characters shown in the trailer are actually gonna be unlockable, although i know 100% that snake is.

but ridley feels like he could be both. as a default he is shown as another cool metroid character finally added to smash, while a secret gives metroid a secret feel to it. plus, it gives samus a goal to unlock a character.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
Stryks said:
Unlockable, pretty use the only default new characters will be the ones in the trailer, but maybe snake will be unlockable.
hmmm... ridley should be unlockable because imo only the SSB64 chars should be starting chars (plus some like Bowser, and maybe minus luigi or ness)

but back to topic, Ridley would make a good character whether he is a starter or secret

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I think he'd be better as an unlockable character, although it really doesn't matter. It would be nice if they found a good third character from the Metroid series to put in as well along with Ridley. But as long as Ridley is in, I'll be a happy camper.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
A third character from Metroid like who? I hope you aren't counting zero-suit Samus as a seperate character because technically she is still Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom