• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
FireStar said:
All of bowser's moves "CAN" be done with Ridley. Ridley has spikes on it's back just like bowswer. Ridley can breath fire just like bowser. Ridley has claws just like bower does... Get it yet? Or do I need to repeat myself again?
no, no, he doesn't. KRAID does, but Ridley doesn't. google him. ridley has WINGS on his back, but not spikes. his wings could close and make a shell-like thing for his Up B, but Sakurai said they will stray away from clones, so ridley won't be like bopwser anyway.

Apples001

Smash Rookie
I liked the move list....ummmm forgot ur name......oh well

But ridley is a great candidate....fire beam charge shudn't be able to be kept charged and must be used on the spot though

and myabe the tail harpoon should be extendable

Possible "A" moves

A: Wing crunch

A,A,A: Wing crunch combo

A+> smash: Twin claw ( similar to Dk smashs where he flatens them with both palms but the have a stab sound)

A+^ smash: Tail flipper ( tail loops between legs and stabs upwards)

A+v smash : Fire burster ( ridley plops a quick explosive fireball to the ground knock people up with a fiery ember)

Hope u enjoyed my theory ;)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh no, not this argument again. Everyone, IGNORE THE POST MADE BY HEMIGHTBEGIANT!!!!! I don't want to resurect this argument once more. and hemightbegiant, if you want to read the start of a thread, good for you. But before you continue the argument, look to see if the argument is still going on (previous page) or if has been 25 pages since this argument was resurected.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ronike said:
Oh no, not this argument again. Everyone, IGNORE THE POST MADE BY HEMIGHTBEGIANT!!!!! I don't want to resurect this argument once more. and hemightbegiant, if you want to read the start of a thread, good for you. But before you continue the argument, look to see if the argument is still going on (previous page) or if has been 25 pages since this argument was resurected.
didn't know that. THANX ronike!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inferno_blaze said:
yeah i know I was just saying that if they were that big it'd be hard to see, it's got nothing to do wiath hitboxes
Hard to see? Thats what you're worried about? Oh... Whatever. I suppose I politely disagree then.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
no I meant as in, if someone was standing behind those things they'd be totally eclipsed, if I'm coming across as anti-ridley then please forgive me he's my most wanted character to be there

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I think that I disagree wiht you, strongly, and that that point has been posted before. If anything MetaRidley should be a boss and/or a different skin for ridley

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
MetaRidley can be a costume change. I'm kinda hoping there'll be lots of costume changes in the game.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yeah same, rather than just colours I think that they should be actual changes like as in meta ridley not just being a grey ridley but looking likea robot with the circle shape on his chest and such and mario becomingdoc mario looks if doc isn't in the game

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
They should even use Mecha Ridley from Zero Mission if it's feasible enough.

I mean, you'll get the choice to have your Ridley look like Ridley, CyberRidley, or 100% Robot Ridley. What's not to love?

(watch them throw in Dry Bones Ridley for the hell of it)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I really need to replay zero mission, it was awesome and I've forgotten what the bosses like mecha ridley even look like. So what, we have purple ridley, red ridley, mecha ridley and metaridley awesome

magar

Banned via Administration
Inferno_blaze said:
I really need to replay zero mission, it was awesome and I've forgotten what the bosses like mecha ridley even look like. So what, we have purple ridley, red ridley, mecha ridley and metaridley awesome
That Games Awesome, I Beat It In 4 Weeks ;)

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
if you EVER try to do the 1% run on metroid fusion, make sure you have enough money for hair transplants, 'cause you'll be pulling out your hair man, you have to go through the entire game with one energy tank, 15 missles, and 10 power bombs. the reason for the 1%? 'cause there is a missle tank that is unavoidable.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Not that much to be proud of beating it so quickly, I take my time with games because it makes them all the more enjoyable, the 1% thing though, now that is something to be proud of. Also upon looking for stuff to do with ridley I stumbled upon a cool french website with a lot of info about the metroid series. Ridley was the space pirate who stole the original metroid from the galactic federation for the space pirate which earned him some credit, but what made him really important was the fact that he saved the motherbrain at one point, I'm sure you all know already that he killed samus' parents. One thing I thought was cool that I for one didn't know was that ridley is actually the same ridley in all the games, despite you beating him, even meta ridley is thae same one, apparently the space pirates extracted his genetic DNA and implanted it into each of the ridley incarnations there have been so far, so meta ridley was still the same old ridley brain but he considered it a from of "upgrade" being able to use rockets and lasers, I thought he was just a robot, it was because of something important kept in his genetic code that he knew why they kept brining him back, not sure how kraid kept coming to life though :p

There's also a lot of info on all of the hunters in metroid prime hunters taht I had no idea about (turns out they do have a background) such as the fact that spire isn't really evil he's the last of his kind, heonly wants the ambilic thingy to help search for anyone else left in his race, and that weavel was a space pirate defeated by samus who left the space pirates and it is unkown if he wants the stuff as a weapon for reveng or to give to the pirates.

Also sorry for such a lng post and going off track but does anyone else think that the other hunter seen in the MP3 corruption video (the ice guy) looks suprisingly like Noxus from hunters? they weren't an evil race so it makes sense with him being anice character too. Maybe the hunters will begin to play a larger part in the affairs of the metroid games, what do you guys think?

This is the site anyway, I used google to translate it, it works well enough to make sense http://lock07.free.fr/Metroid/index.htm

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Well yes I know that being a Metroid fan I do think that some of the hunters will play a bigger role in future games. Sylux, Weavel and Noxus cuold really be good additoins to the the Metroid games but, that's beside the point Ridley is the biggest frieking enemy in the Metroid series and the most important one too. Ridley should be in SSBB, enough said.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
Inferno_blaze said:
Not that much to be proud of beating it so quickly, I take my time with games because it makes them all the more enjoyable, the 1% thing though, now that is something to be proud of. Also upon looking for stuff to do with ridley I stumbled upon a cool french website with a lot of info about the metroid series. Ridley was the space pirate who stole the original metroid from the galactic federation for the space pirate which earned him some credit, but what made him really important was the fact that he saved the motherbrain at one point, I'm sure you all know already that he killed samus' parents. One thing I thought was cool that I for one didn't know was that ridley is actually the same ridley in all the games, despite you beating him, even meta ridley is thae same one, apparently the space pirates extracted his genetic DNA and implanted it into each of the ridley incarnations there have been so far, so meta ridley was still the same old ridley brain but he considered it a from of "upgrade" being able to use rockets and lasers, I thought he was just a robot, it was because of something important kept in his genetic code that he knew why they kept brining him back, not sure how kraid kept coming to life though :p

There's also a lot of info on all of the hunters in metroid prime hunters taht I had no idea about (turns out they do have a background) such as the fact that spire isn't really evil he's the last of his kind, heonly wants the ambilic thingy to help search for anyone else left in his race, and that weavel was a space pirate defeated by samus who left the space pirates and it is unkown if he wants the stuff as a weapon for reveng or to give to the pirates.

Also sorry for such a lng post and going off track but does anyone else think that the other hunter seen in the MP3 corruption video (the ice guy) looks suprisingly like Noxus from hunters? they weren't an evil race so it makes sense with him being anice character too. Maybe the hunters will begin to play a larger part in the affairs of the metroid games, what do you guys think?

This is the site anyway, I used google to translate it, it works well enough to make sense http://lock07.free.fr/Metroid/index.htm
a lot of that stuff I didn't even know. Thanks!!

Ronike

Smash Ace
It actually tells you most of that stuff in the instructions for hunters, but who reads those anyways? I hope that the hunters play a larger role in the other games, maybe some will even be in MP3 or SSBB. Oh and for the record, a 0% run is possible, but it is incredibly difficult even going frame by frame on an emulator. Heres a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzkSeL-zBOw
The part starts at 2:14 and ends around 2:46.

Ronike

Smash Ace
It means it was played and recorded on an emulator and used the rewind and go frame by frame commands of it. I know it doesn't look that difficult, but it is as the shinespark is used up until the last frame of it being on and the crouch then stand was within one frame, making it nigh impossible to do w/o the frame by frame.

Ronike

Smash Ace
No he didn't. Som of the video may be in real time, but I believe most of it that had enemies was not as that was how they avoided damaged and made extremely precise manuvers. In fact, in the entire game (less than an hour but still) the player takes no damage in the entire thing. Good job doing 1% without this though. I've tried and it is extremely difficult. 1% is considered to be the least % possible without technical assistance.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Its not me. Its someone else. I'm trying to accomplish something like it, but first I have to get used to playing frame by frame. Its not as easy as naysayers would think.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
Ridley Move Set

i have made a Ridley Move Set, it's not the greatest (im missing a stat, but idk which one) and some of the (B) moves like (B) down could use some work.

RIDLEY (Metroid Series):

First appeared in Metroid (NES)

STATS:

Weight: 5/5 [about Bowser height, little lighter though]
Jump: 4/5 [jump four times + glide]
Strength: 3/5
Speed: 3/5

--- Move Set ---

- (A) Normal Moves -

(A) Neutral: A claw swipe. [3 – 4%, med speed]
(A) (A) Neutral: A double claw swipe. [2 – 3% each, med speed]
(A) (A) (A) Neutral: A double claw swipe with an added lagging tail attack. [2 – 3% each, med-slow speed]
(A) Up: An upwards skull-bash. [4 – 6%, med speed]
(A) Down: A downwards claw swipe. [4 – 7%, med speed]
(A) Forwards: A forward direction skull-bash. [5 – 6%, med-fast speed]

- (A) Aerial Moves –

(A) Neutral: A mid-air claw swipe. [4 – 5%, med-fast speed]
(A) Up: Pushes wings upwards in a fast strike. [7 – 9%, fast speed]
(A) Down: A simple tail swipe in a downwards direction. [6 – 9%, med-fast speed]
(A) Forwards: A fairly slow moving wing attack. [7 – 10%, slow-med speed]
(A) Backwards: Ridley opens his powerful wings. [4 – 7%, med speed]

- (B) Special Moves –

(B) Neutral: Ridley spits out three medium-sized fireballs, each going slightly different directions. (Forward, diagonal up/down) [5 – 6 % each, med speed]
(B) Up: Ridley takes out wings quickly and propels himself in the air and the glides on his wings. NOTE: He can’t change gliding directions in mid-air. [7 – 10%, med-fast speed]
(B) Down: Smashes tail on the ground and creates a mini-wake around him (about the width of Kirby) which hurts anyone in that area. [7 – 10%, slow-med speed]
(B) Forwards: Space plasma attack. Spits out plasma like a Fire Plant, but instead of gradually growing weaker, it would gradually grow stronger. Ridley will become breathless shortly after reaching peak power, where he cannot use a Space Plasma or Triple-Fire attack for aprox. 3 seconds. [5 – 17%, med speed]

- (Z) Grab Moves –

(Z) Neutral: Grabs hold of opponent with claws. [1 – 3%, med-fast speed] {1}
(Z) Up: Grabs hold of opponent in mouth. [2 – 3%, med speed] {2}
(Z) Down: Grabs hold of opponent with tail. [1 – 3%, med speed] {3}
(Z) Forward: Spins around and captures opponent in wings. [1 – 2%, med speed] {4}

- (Z) Throw Moves –

(Z) Neutral: Slams opponent on ground. Use with {1}, {2}, {3}. [9 – 15%, slow-med speed]
(Z) Neutral: Spins opponent (stun one second) and flame them. Use with {4}. [11 – 15%, med speed]
(Z) Up: Throw opponent in air with force. Use with {1}, {2}, {3}, {4}. [5 – 11%, med speed]
(Z) Down: Puts opponent on ground and skull-bash. Use with {1}, {2}, {3}, {4}. [7 – 17%, slow-med speed]
(Z) Forward: Throws opponent far forward. Use with {1}, {2}, {3}. [10 – 15%, med-fast speed]
(Z) Forward: Throws opponent over head and flame them (stun one second). Use with {4}. [8 – 18%, med speed]

- Smash Moves –

Smash Forward: A swift skull-bashing attack with a tail strike. [15 – 23%, med-fast speed]
Smash Up: Runs in direction Ridley is facing and smashes wings open fast. [14 – 21%, fast speed]
Smash Down: Swings tail around from behind him in a clock-wise direction. [17 – 20%, med speed]

- Special Move –

Ridley shoots our both fire and plasma at the same time in a massive attack that reaches several body-lengths upwards and the direction he is facing.

EXTRAS:

Kirby Hat = His yellow eyes and wings
Alternate Costumes = Different colour combination (black & grey, blue & purple ect.)
Secret Costume = Meta Ridley costume
Character Intro = He flies down into the arena from above.

---

hope ppl like it and tell me what to change and/or add.

---

EDIT: changed some stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom