• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
smashman90 said:
Exactly, although people disliked my Godzilla idea.
For the last time, Godzilla won't appear in Brawl! He wasn't ORIGINALLY from a video game.

And uh, go Ridley and stuff. Yeah.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I hope Sakurai doesn't shrink Ridley if Ridley gets into Brawl. If Sakurai's going to slap in a character that likely won't fit in because of being too big, then he shouldn't fit in because he's too big! This is Smash Bros! Characters aren't supposed to fit in! They're all supposed to be different from each other. These arent members of the BORG here.

Just imagine how HILARIOUS it'd be to play as a stupidly big Ridley stomping around the screen. Of course, even though you'd probably have decent weight AND could fly, it'd be (hopefully) balanced out by being such a big target to hit. None of this sissy "Let's shrink Ridley so he'd fit in" crap!

Besides, it's not like he'd be an unplayable big size like Kraid or something.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh no, not more murderous rampages. Check back a few pages we have already had this argument over and over again. But I will recap. Ridley was not that big to start, in fact in some of the games (super metroid) hes still only slightly bigger than samus. Besides he looks fine small, look at the melee intro. And if he is too big, what about bowser? Hes only about 10x mario's size in the new super mario bros. Bowser is way too big. Oh wait a minute, bowser is already in melee isn't he? And he doesn't seem that weird shrunken does he? And if you insist that ridley is too large, they can just have meta-ridley being to a shrunken ridley as giga bowser is to bowser. Happy now?

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
You didn't even read my post. And you're putting words into my post too. That's annoying. But not as annoying as you mentioning Bowser again. Bowser was only 10x bigger than Mario in ONE GAME.

I REPEAT. ONE GAME.

ONE FRIGGIN' GAME.

Why do people keep bringing that up?

PS: Read my post before responding to it next time plz k thx. And stop trying to add words in between the lines. Why do you need to do that? Are you insecure or something?

EDIT: To clarify my post because someone already obviously did not READ it, I think Ridley should AT LEAST be THIS size for SSB compared to Samus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ridleyqazpl.gif

Which is about the same size as this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ridley_fusion.gif

This one is probably TOO big, thougH:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zeroridley1.gif

Regardless, that's about twice as tall and a crapload thicker. Which is probably slightly but significantly bigger and fatter than Bowser. I want to play as RIDLEY, dangit, not ****** RIDLEY.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Well, in Mario 64 he was a lot bigger, too, maybe not 10 times, but bigger than the relationship in Melee. With that being said, thank you Ronike, I can see that at least someone was reading my posts that make a lot of sense. In the opening movie, Ridley is fighting Samus and the size difference isn't great at all. Ridley looks smaller than Ganondorf and Bowser in that movie, so he could definitely fit into Brawl without him being a giant. Although I feel you too, Tiamat, with what you said about it doesn't matter. And anyone who pays attention to story lines in games should know that Prime was before Super Metroid at least (never played Metroid II, so I can't speak for that) because in Super Metroid, Zebes (I think that's it's name) gets destroyed and in Prime there's a part where you can read about all the planets in that Solar System with Zebes being one of them (not destroyed yet). And Metroid Prime was indeed a Metroid, while Mother Brain was the leader of the Space Pirates.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Melee is NOT Metroid. If Sakurai is giong to use Ridley, he should use METROID'S Ridley, not Melee's Ridley that appeared for all of less than a few seconds just for a brief cinema scene in the intro.

Besides, twice as big as Samus isn't THAT giant. Although I suppose shrinking him a LITTLE wouldn't hurt, but he should still be bigger than Bowser.

And the ONLY game with the Bowser 10x size thing IS Super Mario 64. I'm pretty sure Bowser doesn't become 10x size in any other Mario game (magic not included). Besides (and even if Bowser does become that size in any other game), unlike Melee Ridley who NEVER appeared that size in ANY Metroid game, Bowser has appeared to be a smaller than that 10x size thing in oh, just about every other single Mario game in existance. So why do people keep bringing that up?

Ridley = ALWAYS at least twice Samus' size in EVERY Metroid game.

Bowser = NOT always at least 10x Mario's size in every Mario game without any magical help (and not even in most of them! Heck, not even in more than a COUPLE of them, besides maybe some Mario Parties, which practically don't even count)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh... whoops. I guess you weren't saying he shouldn't be in. The first paragraph was misleading and you are one of the first people to actually suggest using a huge ridley. So my apologies. and no I'm not insecure

Edit: We were in fact agreeing on a size (super metroid size), so actually I agree with you, although I think he should be shrunk slightly. Most people come in and say he is too big because they have only seen him big in MP. Oh and Bowser is bigger than he has ever been before (excluding magic in super mario world 2) in the final battle in New Super Mario Bros.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Ridley should be as big as he was in Super Metroid. I wonder what kind of moves he would have. He will probably have really good recovery, and be really strong. He would probably be overly strong, because I don't see him being as slow as Bowser.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I guess it can look like that if you skim it too fast. I had hoped the first sentence of that post would get my point across ("I hope Sakurai doesn't shrink Ridley if Ridley gets into Brawl. ") but I suppose after people have read too many "Ridley is too big to be in Brawl!" arguments, all posts mentioning Ridley's size start to look the same.

But really, this is Smash Bros. and Sakurai should go all out with the characters! Sure, a puny-*** small dragon would be different, but come on! I really wish for Sakurai to be AMBITIOUS. Instead of just a "somewhat different" puny dragon, we should get a "INSANELY different" friggin' HUGE (****by playable character standards****, that is) dragon! Let's go all out and not pansy-foot around with things!\

For those who worry about balance issues, eh, there are lots of ways to make sure Ridley isn't too powerful or too weak despite a huge (by playable character standards) size handicap/advantage. Don't take out a huge core of the character just because you're afraid you won't be able to balance it against other factors!

EDIT: Does New Super Mario Bros. count? I was under the impression from what I heard that he got that size due to Bowser Jr's magic potion, didn't he? Not that I've played the game myself.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
That's a negative buddy. Maybe you should play through the first Metroid again and brush up on your history before you go blurting out things you don't really know. Have you even read any of the previous posts? We've already talked about all this stuff. Ridley was about the same size as Samus in the original, did you ever play that one? In Super Metroid, I think Ronike already pointed out that he wasn't that much bigger than Samus in Super Metroid either. In fact, only in one or two games was he that much bigger than Samus. Also, nobody said that Bowser was always 10 times the size of Mario, we've only mentioned 2 out of like what? 30 or 40 Mario games where Bowser is that much bigger. And he should use that Ridley because he'd fit into the game better without making him a boss character and avoiding another murderous rampage.

Making him slightly bigger than Samus won't make him a pansy for the record, he'd still be one of the bigger, stronger characters in the game.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
There should be a big poll set up about this... but I'm thinking if Ridley is put into brawl... it will be as said earlier... The size he was fighitng Samus as in the intro to SSBM.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Well, in the end that's probably what they will do, but we're kind of talking about what we would want in the game ourselves, it's pretty easy to speculate and predict what they will do with a character if he/she gets in based on the last 2 games. So, basically, this is all just a waste of time except for fanboys who want to talk about something we all know won't happen (that is Ridley getting in and being bigger than everyone else, sorry, as much as you want it, it won't happen, I guarantee).

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
TDub301 said:
That's a negative buddy. Maybe you should play through the first Metroid again and brush up on your history before you go blurting out things you don't really know. Have you even read any of the previous posts? We've already talked about all this stuff. Ridley was about the same size as Samus in the original, did you ever play that one? In Super Metroid, I think Ronike already pointed out that he wasn't that much bigger than Samus in Super Metroid either. In fact, only in one or two games was he that much bigger than Samus. Also, nobody said that Bowser was always 10 times the size of Mario, we've only mentioned 2 out of like what? 30 or 40 Mario games where Bowser is that much bigger. And he should use that Ridley because he'd fit into the game better without making him a boss character and avoiding another murderous rampage.

Making him slightly bigger than Samus won't make him a pansy for the record, he'd still be one of the bigger, stronger characters in the game.

Ridley was the only boss I could legitly beat consistently in the original Metroid, so I have a lot of experience with fighting him and meeting him (because I'd always go to him instead of Kraid). He was NOT the same size as Samus. Stop LYING, plz k thx.

And I showed a screenshot of Super Metroid. He's also not "not that much bigger" there. He's almost TWICE her size. STOP LYING PLZ K THX.

And you're mentioning of me saying Ridley should be a BOSS shows that YOU STILL DIDN'T READ MY POST. WHAT PART OF THE WORDS "PLAYABLE CHARACTER" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? Ronike at least did after I've brought it up, but you have no excuses! But that's to be expected since you have to resort to LIES (and hypocrisy as well, given that you're chastizing me for "blurting out things I don't know about" when YOU'RE the one that's LYING)

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/m1/ridcol1.gif

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/m1/samcol1.gif

Ridley is greater than 50% Samus' size in the original Metroid. I'd HARDLY call that "about the same size." Not that I'd know why the heck Sakurai would want to go off of NES Ridley anyways when Zero Mission retconned that game.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Now it has been a long time since I played the original and Super Metroid, but 2 comments. One, he was not that much bigger than Samus in the original, I'm not lying and I'll thank you to not accuse me of lying, K THX (I see you didn't include a screenshot of the original in your little post on the last page, I wonder why?). Second, like I said before it's been a long time, but I do not remember the Super Metroid Ridley fight looking like that. It was the first boss battle that happened at the beginning of the game (if my memory serves me correct) and the area didn't look like that and nor did he, likewise, I believe he was holding a Metroid in a cannister while you fought him. Now my memory has had it's fair share of problems, what with me going through college and all, so you can assume what has happened, but I really don't remember it looking like that at all. I think Wikipedia messed that pic up and I remember the original really well.

And you should read my posts, I never said that you said he should be a boss, I'm saying that if he's that big he should be a boss cuz he can't be a regular character if he's way bigger than the rest of them. When did you read in my post that you said he should be a boss? Go ahead, go backtrack and read them again, I never put any words in your mouth that you didn't say, I merely responded. I am not lying, I'm going off of what I remember, why would I lie? That doesn't even make sense.

Dammit, stop editing your posts after I read them, I stand corrected on the original Metroid, but I still think that Wikipedia Super Metroid pic is wrong. I guess I really have smoked too much.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
Oi Tiamat... I'd certainly hope Ridley was bigger than 50% of Samus... Thats... er... half of Samus... Think about it... Just for a few moments... Thanks...

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Whoops. I meant 150% Samus' size. Either that or I meant 50% greater than Samus's size. ...regardless, the included pictures speak a thousand words anyways.

TDub301 said:
Now it has been a long time since I played the original and Super Metroid, but 2 comments. One, he was not that much bigger than Samus in the original, I'm not lying and I'll thank you to not accuse me of lying, K THX (I see you didn't include a screenshot of the original in your little post on the last page, I wonder why?).
This is the internet. I was able to dig up an original Ridley sprite with a quick google search in the span of a couple minutes. You being on this board proves you have the internet as well. USE IT TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE RIGHT BEFORE YOU INSULT SOMEONE AS NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT NEXT TIME, OKAY?

TDub301 said:
And you should read my posts, I never said that you said he should be a boss, I'm saying that if he's that big he should be a boss cuz he can't be a regular character if he's way bigger than the rest of them. When did you read in my post that you said he should be a boss? Go ahead, go backtrack and read them again, I never put any words in your mouth that you didn't say, I merely responded. I am not lying, I'm going off of what I remember, why would I lie? That doesn't even make sense.
TDub301 said:
And he should use that Ridley because he'd fit into the game better without making him a boss character and avoiding another murderous rampage.
Your saying that Sakurai should use the smaller Ridley so Ridley doesn't have to be a boss while you were retorting me is a direct implication that I implied that bigger Ridley has to be a boss.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Bowser in super mario brothers.: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/Bowser_(smb1).png

Bowsesr in super mario all stars:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ars.png/256px-Bowser_(smb1)-snes-allstars.png

Bowser in new super mario brothers:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Nsmbbowserskeleton.jpg <-- editted my browser screwed up, sorry lol.
Bowser in super mario 64:
http://speeddemosarchive.com/gfx/Mario64_2.jpg

So like he's alot bigger then mario was so its easy for ridely to be downsized =\

mind you ridley is no bowser he's huge, but look at the intro movie for ssb:m he wasn't that big. =\

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
A) You should use Super Mario's size, not little Mario's size. TOAD is bigger than small Mario in that game, for crying out loud.

B) Two of the pictures are the same thing and the third gives a forbidden error for some reason.

C) Mario RPG (all of them from Paper Mario to the original to Mario and Luigi), Mario Kart, the way Bowser is depicted in nearly all artworks and cartoons, New Super Maro Bros before he drinks the potion (far as I know anyways), etc. generally are that Bowser's generally been only a good chunk bigger than Mario as opposed to 10x bigger with only a few exceptions (of which I have no explanation for, but they are still few and generally not what he's typically depicted as. Regardless, it's obvious why Sakurai could easily go with SSBM Bowser size given that's the way Bowser's typically depicted, anyways)

And you still haven't addressed that Ridley hasn't ever undergone those drastic size changes. People's insistence on clinging to ONE THING instead of looking at THE WHOLE PICTURE is a poor way to conduct an argument.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Tiamat said:
A) You should use Super Mario's size, not little Mario's size. TOAD is bigger than small Mario in that game, for crying out loud.
Easier said then done.

B) Two of the pictures are the same thing and the third gives a forbidden error for some reason.
no they're not.

C) Mario RPG (all of them from Paper Mario to the original to Mario and Luigi), Mario Kart, the way Bowser is depicted in nearly all artworks and cartoons, New Super Maro Bros before he drinks the potion (far as I know anyways), etc. generally are that Bowser's generally been only a good chunk bigger than Mario as opposed to 10x bigger with only a few exceptions (of which I have no explanation for, but they are still few and generally not what he's typically depicted as. Regardless, it's obvious why Sakurai could easily go with SSBM Bowser size given that's the way Bowser's typically depicted, anyways)
My point is size doesn't matter, again look at ridley in melee video.

And you still haven't addressed that Ridley hasn't ever undergone those drastic size changes. People's insistence on clinging to ONE THING instead of looking at THE WHOLE PICTURE is a poor way to conduct an argument.
Melee video, Ridely is about 5x Samuses size on average.

Looking at the whole picture? seriously thats your only argument why he shouldn't be in it "he's too big" maybe you should take your own advise and look at the 'whole picture'.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You have posted the all-stars picture twice and the link that leads to SM64 leads to an error page.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I'm still on the fence with Ridley, but he was fairly small in the intro video to Melee, and in the very original NES Metroid, he's as big as Samus. Now he gets a lot larger in Super, Prime, Zero Mission, and especially Fusion, but he's constantly being rebuilt. One of the weirder aspects of the Metroid story is that Ridley keeps coming back despite blowing up or being there when the planet blows up. So it could just be a matter of "Oh, well, he's usually larger, but the Space Pirates were so fed up with reviving him, and low on resources, so he came out a little small this time." :p

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This is silly, just make him a little bigger than Bowser. There, he stays true to his roots and he wouldn't be TOO big.

As tall as Ganondorf(he would be hunched over) but would weigh more.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I'm at work and they've given me a crappy computer to use, which is why it takes me such a long time to post a lot of these messages. You are right, but I'd rather go off of what I remember without having to go look around for pictures (we've already talked about my faulty memory). My apologies for insulting you, you were right, he was much bigger in the original; I still stand by my comments about Super Metroid, though. And as far as the whole boss thing, there was a post a long time ago on this thread where someone (don't remember his name) had a number for the murderous rampages he went on every time someone said Ridley should be a boss. When we refer to that, we're not saying that it was your idea, I never said that. What I'm saying is that if he's going to be bigger than everyone else, he should be an unlockable boss character (like Minion in Twisted Metal). It would not have the game balanced if all the boards were made for regular sized characters (Bowser being the biggest) and then having a giant one that takes up most of the board. It just isn't a good idea, he should be around the same size. It's like playing Giga-Bowser on Kirby's dream land or something, it would be too awkward and would take away from gameplay. That's why he needs to be around their size, it's just better that way. I understand you want him to remain true to the character and they can keep him that way and still make him smaller.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Aiser said:
seriously thats your only argument why he shouldn't be in it "he's too big" maybe you should take your own advise and look at the 'whole picture'.
I told you people to get your eyes checked, dagnabbit. You obviously need to because you obviously didn't read my post. Or any of my many posts after it.

FlipTroopa said:
in the very original NES Metroid, he's as big as Samus.
No he isn't. He's more than 50% bigger than Samus in the original Metroid (which was retconned by Zero Mission, anyways). I've posted pictures to prove it.

EDIT: RASPAFHIOWERJWOPERJSDFJSL:DFJ. Are you people all CLONES of each other or something? Seriously, what the heck!?

Aiser

Smash Lord
edit: wait a second, wtf are you talking about? I thought you were arguing that ridley shouldn't be in it because he's too big? O_o

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Aiser said:
edit: wait a second, wtf are you talking about? I thought you were arguing that ridley shouldn't be in it because he's too big? O_o
Well maybe you should READ MY POSTS next time instead of assuming I'm a friggin' CLONE of all those Ridley haters.

Look people. Just because so many of you are clones of each other who do the same things all the time (like say, not read my posts) doesn't mean I'M a clone of those OTHER guys who say tha Ridley shouldn't be in the game because he's too big.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
FlipTroopa said:
I'm still on the fence with Ridley, but he was fairly small in the intro video to Melee, and in the very original NES Metroid, he's as big as Samus. Now he gets a lot larger in Super, Prime, Zero Mission, and especially Fusion, but he's constantly being rebuilt. One of the weirder aspects of the Metroid story is that Ridley keeps coming back despite blowing up or being there when the planet blows up. So it could just be a matter of "Oh, well, he's usually larger, but the Space Pirates were so fed up with reviving him, and low on resources, so he came out a little small this time." :p
Ya he does have a picture up, even though I have a vivid memory of him being about half that size and red, not purple. But hey, the kids got pics to back it up, so I can't argue with that. Maybe it's some sort of remake, just I swear I don't remember the original Ridley looking like that.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Tiamat said:
He was NOT the same size as Samus. Stop LYING, plz k thx.

And I showed a screenshot of Super Metroid. He's also not "not that much bigger" there. He's almost TWICE her size. STOP LYING PLZ K THX.

And you're mentioning of me saying Ridley should be a BOSS shows that YOU STILL DIDN'T READ MY POST. WHAT PART OF THE WORDS "PLAYABLE CHARACTER" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? Ronike at least did after I've brought it up, but you have no excuses! But that's to be expected since you have to resort to LIES (and hypocrisy as well, given that you're chastizing me for "blurting out things I don't know about" when YOU'RE the one that's LYING)

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/m1/ridcol1.gif

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/m1/samcol1.gif

Ridley is greater than 50% Samus' size in the original Metroid. I'd HARDLY call that "about the same size." Not that I'd know why the heck Sakurai would want to go off of NES Ridley anyways when Zero Mission retconned that game.
That post is just SCREAMING "whiner" and those pics don't prove anything.

You have to show an in-game pic of the NES Metroid and they were the same size. Fliptroopa was right, and so is Aiser.

And no, we're not clones, we're just the majority who don't whine.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure why everyone else is remembering the same thing about Ridley being the same size as Samus (I call clone conspiracy!) but I specifically remember my childhood self SLAMMING into Kraid to unload missiles from his belly (because a frontal assault was pretty darn futile) and Kraid being just as big as Samus when I did it, and I specifically remember Ridley being bigger than Kraid (because Kraid was short and fat while Ridley was tall and skinny. Sorta like Mario and Luigi, really).

(I've fought Ridley tons of times because he was one of the few bosses I actually could beat so I did it repeatedly to feel good about myself or something (Stupid Kraid was ridiculously hard for some reason. Maybe it's because my little child self couldn't come up with a better strategy than kamikaze))

EDIT FOR MARSHIGIO: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. My pics don't prove anything. Argh, can someone point out the mad scientist responsible for spawning all these clones so I can go sock him in the jaw!? Or the Da Vinci Code illuminatti guy that's going around wiping your memories of the original Metroid and replacing it with red ****** Ridleys? This is just getting obscene.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Tiamat said:
Well maybe you should READ MY POSTS next time instead of assuming I'm a friggin' CLONE of all those Ridley haters.
I stopped taking the brawl section seriously and when I skimmed yoru post it seemed like you were saying ridley shouldn't be in it because he's to big.

Look people. Just because so many of you are clones of each other who do the same things all the time (like say, not read my posts) doesn't mean I'M a clone of those OTHER guys who say tha Ridley shouldn't be in the game because he's too big.
After reading it just seems you don't want ridley to be a small dragon instead you want him to be flippin huge. in which case I take back my arguments..<_<

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Watch out if you try to load up Metroid on an NES emulator, people! Some people who don't want you all to know THE TRUTH have gone and replaced red ****** Ridley in that game with a taller purple imposter! IT'S A CONSPIRACY! And if you still have your cartridge of the original NES Metroid (LIKE I STILL DO)? BEWARE for they have snuck into your house and tampered with that to remove all traces of red ****** Ridley from that as well!!! Just like how they hacked into every single Metroid webpage on the planet to remove all traces of this shorter Ridley!

(note: Not necessarily a knock on you, TDub301, but a knock on those who won't believe the pic)

Hmph, and some of you people call yourselves Ridley fans.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Aiser said:
I stopped taking the brawl section seriously
qft, more people should do this.

I was looking for a pic from the NES as shown here

He is not twice Samus' size, he's barely bigger than her. You said he's ALWAYS twice her size, but I'm confused what you said after that. Whatever.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible that they made like a verion 1.1 or something that had Ridley remade bigger and purple? Because I really remember him looking like a red ****** (really I do). I know I got the original when it first came out or within a couple months at least (and still have it too). And I do remember that purple Ridley, but I'm trying to figure out where that image of the ****** red one came from, I know I'm not making it up.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
There's a red ****** Kraid, if that helps?

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/m1/fake.gif

He's actually as big as normal Kraid (who's about as big as Samus, give or take a few pixels), but compared to Super Metroid Kraid, he's certainly a ****** :p

EDIT FOR MARSHIGIO: I said he was twice as big in the Super NES game. I also said in the NES version that he's 50% Samus' size (but what I really meant was that he was 50% GREATER than Samus' size, which I explained/corrected myself with in a following post). Which is true, although it's hard to tell by that pic because he and Samus are on different elevations. Do a little copy and paste in a paint program to see for yourself.

50% is a pretty big difference.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Hm, ok, maybe that's what happened, I remember him being red cuz that's Kraid's color, have you seen Marshigio's pic, though? I still don't remember the lava being so far from the platform either, **** I really must smoke too much.

Ya, I remember the Super Metroid Kraid, I think they did a good job with him in that board in Melee.

Besides, Bowser is probably more than 50% bigger than Samus in Melee (not taller, but bigger), so I suppose he wouldn't be too big if he was that size. In my opinion, it wouldn't work if he were much bigger than that because the levels aren't designed to have such big characters in them and having one character that size and the rest smaller would keep that character from really fitting in the game. Don't make the mistake of thinking I don't want Ridley in the game, ultimately I don't care as long as he's in, I would just hope he'd fit in better so I could use him a lot and not have people complain about me using a cheap character.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I recall Marshigio's pic. I also recall the many different strategies I used to take down Ridley because I did it so many times. The size difference becomes more obvious when you decide to do a kamikaze strategy where you just stand on the same platform as him, which I used to do if I got particularly impatient.

...man, Ridley was so much easier than Kraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom