• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Well first of all that was a nice moveset. Good job!
Ridley is a very suitable character I see no reason why he can't be included or why he would be a clone FireStar, he is my favorite Nintendo character of all time and I think he deserves a place especially because Metroid only has one representitive in SSB as of now.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ha, this is something I said like 20 pages ago. He is a very good character, he'd be one of the bigger characters and another villain in the game (that only has a few) and he's probably the best character (besides Samus, of course) to represent the Metroid series which only has one character representing it right now.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Ridley for Brawl. The Metroid series needs major representation, and Ridleyed be the absolute best choice. Except maybe some hunters, but Ridley's much cooler.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Then you obviously have only played the GC metriod games to make such an aweful assumption.

RIdley is assiciated with Metriod just as much as Samus is, it would be like saying. I think Samus is a better representation of super mario rpg then geno.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I never played the handheld Metroid games, so I can't speak for those, but I do know that Ridley was in every console Metroid game (don't know about Prime 2, didn't play that either) since day 1. Now granted, he was just one of 3 boss characters in the original, by the time we got to the third installment (Super Metroid on SNES) he was like the second in command for the space pirates and a major character in the game (not just one of the bosses, but part of the main story). Meanwhile, Dark Samus would be a terrible contribution to Brawl, cuz he/she would just be a clone of Samus, what a waste of space, should just be a different costume of Samus. How dare you say Dark Samus is a better representation of Metroid than Ridley, shame on yourself. Ridley has earned his right to be in Brawl, Dark Samus was just a gimmick character designed to go with the dark/light design of Prime 2.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Yeah really I mean Dark Samus didn't really add much to the Metroid Series I don't think. Besides Ridley has always been a top space pirate and a major boss am I right? Ridley's even going ot be part of the Metroid movie! Which I think is based on Super Metroid.

Aiser

Smash Lord
In the metriod manga he was the leader of the space pirates...<___< and he killed Samus's parents and home planet..<_<

Ridley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Samus.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I just hope the Metroid movie doesn't turn out like the infamous Super Mario Bros. movie...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
I just hope the Metroid movie doesn't turn out like the infamous Super Mario Bros. movie...
It's probably more likely to turn out like the infamous Alien Resurrection.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Any ideas when the metroid movie comes out? Also, Ridley was more of a popular foe than dark samus was. I mean what would be the big difference(s) with it and regular samus and if there weren't any really then D.S. would just be a clone of samus. Now Ridley is a unique character that can't be cloned or be a clone from a specific character.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ok, i am going to have to disagree with you guys about dark samus. not that it should be in before ridley, but that it is a clone of samus. if you have played metroid prime 2, you see only one thing similar between the 2. they both have a charge beam. that is it. i want ridley in before dark samus, but d.s. it a close second.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Angelina Jolie would be the worst Samus ever, she's not that great of an actor and couldn't pull of her demenor at all. She played lora croft well granted but theres difference between croft and samus.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm going to resolve this right now. Angelina Jolie can be Ridley, and Johnny Depp can be Samus.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Makes more sense, though I think it should be orlando bloom as samus, he looks more like a woman.
Dark Samus would suck, Metroid prime 2 was nothing in comparison to metroid prime 1 or zero mission in both of which ridley featured and was awesome.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Aiser said:
If they're so different in 'move sets' share...<_<
all right, i will.

b-phazon charge (same as Samus' charge beam)
b>-phazon ball (chargable, shoots out phazon balls that home in on enemies, the longer you charge, the more will come out, slow but powerful)
bdown-phazon slam (jumps in the air and slams back onto the ground, which causes a pool of phazon to bubble underneath it)
bup-phazon disapear (similar to mewtwo's teleport)

super-turns into Mother Brain/Metroid Prime (don't believe me, beat metroid prime. when you put in the last blow watch the cutscene. metroid prime turns into mother brain! it then attempts to take you but takes your phazon suit, which turns into dark samus)

that is the best i can do for now. i still think Ridley should definetely be in before any other metroid character.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
that wasn't the mother brain!, it simply shrank backwards then sort of latched a blob onto you and stole your suit. Looked nothing like the motherbrain to me.

The only time it looked like the motherbrain was when you first walk into the room and it's a giant head, then it turns into crabby monster

Or is that giant blob what the motherbrain looks like

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I never beat Prime 1, but I thought Mother brain was a huge robot with an exposed brain, when did a giant blob become Mother Brain? Do you have anything to back this up with? Or do you just think it's Mother Brain cuz that would be cool if it was? Anyway, Ridley should be in Brawl regardless. I never played Prime 2, so I won't say that Dark Samus should be a clone anymore if he/she is really that different. And Angelina Jolie shouldn't be Samus. Samus would destroy Lara pretty easily and having someone who played as Lara Croft play Samus is like an insult to her. I'd think more like Jennifer Garner or the model/actress who played Mystique in X-Men before Angelina (even though they can just dye her hair, she's not even blonde).

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
I'm going to resolve this right now. Angelina Jolie can be Ridley, and Johnny Depp can be Samus.
Johnny Depp is one hot hunk of manflesh. :p

And I say that in the most heterosexual way possible.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Given the statistics for movies based off of videogames, I'd say there is about a 90% chance that it will suck - especially if Uwe Boll gets his soiled hands on it - followed by a 9% chance that it'll be
just O.k., ~~.999% it'll actually be good, and the chances of it being a great movie - I believe the probability of being struck by lightning is far more likely...

Ronike

Smash Ace
WARNING!!!! Extreme Nerdieness and Know-It-All Attitude Ahead! Proceed at your own Risk!

Shadow Calibur said:
Mother Brain was dead before that blob thingy came into play. That's Metroid prime after it's been beaten to a pulp by Samus- believe me, I've beaten Metroid Prime.
The mother brain was not dead at the time of Metroid Prime. The Prime series (or at least the first) takes place in between metroid 1 and 2 (says so in Nintendo Power and also due to common sense because the metroids are still alive and they are eradicated for the most part in two), and the Mother Brain reappears in 3. And I'm pretty sure that most of the people have beaten MP, so we don't have to take your word for it. It may well be the mother brain, but I am doubtful as the mother brain was not a metroid, but a space pirate. Besides, we can solve this argument by listening to the other half of the super move in that D.S transforms into M.P who, before another argument begins, is D.S as it is shown after the credits in MP if one has all the expansions and items. Now, I believe this topic is to discuss Ridley, not D.S or metroid movies (although thank god that crisis was averted), so lets get back on topic.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Ronike said:
The mother brain was not dead at the time of Metroid Prime. The Prime series (or at least the first) takes place in between metroid 1 and 2 (says so in Nintendo Power and also due to common sense because the metroids are still alive and they are eradicated for the most part in two), and the Mother Brain reappears in 3. And I'm pretty sure that most of the people have beaten MP, so we don't have to take your word for it. It may well be the mother brain, but I am doubtful as the mother brain was not a metroid, but a space pirate. Besides, we can solve this argument by listening to the other half of the super move in that D.S transforms into M.P who, before another argument begins, is D.S as it is shown after the credits in MP if one has all the expansions and items. Now, I believe this topic is to discuss Ridley, not D.S or metroid movies (although thank god that crisis was averted), so lets get back on topic.
Doog... I gotta catch up on my videogame history... :dizzy:

Ronike

Smash Ace
That is, fortunately or unfortunately take your pick, what tends to happen when I get bored. I..
A) read video game history
B) play video games
C) drool over new previews for SSBB, MP3, or LoZ:TP
D) find people to correct on forums all over the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom