• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I've done some experimenting with it, but since I don't have it on my own computer, I'm limited to what spare time I can muster at school.

Back on topic, it's nice to see Ridley finally getting some respect in recent years.

saberhof

Smash Master
Stryks said:
I hope they put MetaRidley in brawl, and not the ridley from the trophy in melee.

HAHAHa lol sorry dude...but everyone crappped on your idea...dont know why its so funny man..it just is...lol

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
now im not saying bowser has a huge fanbase *small mob gathers around house* but wouldnt ridley swipe him out of the picture, hes no clone of him, but wouldnt anyone want to be bowser if there is ridley
It might not happen because nintendo doesnt want to have a charecter just....fade away *brick gets thrown threw my window* but if ridley is in it, COOLIO! Ridley is the coolest metroid charecter!!!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Stryks said:
I hope they put MetaRidley in brawl, and not the ridley from the trophy in melee.

Whod u prefer a metalic cool looking dinosaur like monster, or a purple one?
Meta Ridley looks cooler and SHOULD be in Brawl. The other Ridley... meh.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
now im not saying bowser has a huge fanbase *small mob gathers around house* but wouldnt ridley swipe him out of the picture, hes no clone of him, but wouldnt anyone want to be bowser if there is ridley
It might not happen because nintendo doesnt want to have a charecter just....fade away *brick gets thrown threw my window* but if ridley is in it, COOLIO! Ridley is the coolest metroid charecter!!!
I really don't get what you mean, ridley is completely different. I love bowser more sure but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play as any other character. That's like saying someone who plays as fox will never play as falco or any other hero. Oh and bowser DOES have a huge fanbase. Ridley should still be in. *lobs another brick*

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
Ridley could definatly kick some butt , he doesn't have to be slow like a hulk er anything , Donkey Kong wasnt as slow as he seemed. as for murderous rampages and one more to that , it was, an acciedent yea yea, acciedent

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Accident my arse. Doesn't matter, though; I've goosfraba'd down. For now.

Anyways, I picture Ridley as moderately fast, a good short-range game, yet pretty light. Probably a few long-range moves as well just to piss people off (a la Falco's blaster)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
im makin this moveset for fun, talk trash about it if u want
A- slashes with right hand 2%-4%
AA- slashes with left hand 2%-3%
AAA- snaps forward 3%-4%
A>- pulls back his right hand and steps forward with a huge slash of his claws. (14%-22%)(sweetspot is at the tip of his fingers)
A^- looks up as u charge and bites upward with a huge force (13%-20%)
Adown- yoshi's tail sweep but longer (6%-12%)
B- charge up fire blasts. hold for one second to realese one fire ball that shoots foward and hold 2 secondsor 2 (3%-5%)
B>- shoots a blast that instantly hits the ground and makes a shockwave boosting forward (4%-10%)
B^- flaps wings using up the last bit of energy to lift ridley up and can hit soemone while boosting up and then gliding down with wings spread a bit (3%-5% if begining of jump hits enemy)(2%-3% if it hits while gliding)
Bdown- closes up wings for 2 seconds and if it u retaliate with a quick snap of the jaw (3%-6%) its like marth's bdown
grabforward- grab the opponent by the hand and throw them high in the air in the designated direction (3%-6%)
grabdown- grab opponent and boucne them off the floor (too high for a chain)(4%-6%)
grab^- Throw your opponent up leaving them wide open for an attack (2%-3%)
dash attack- as you run on all fours as u push A you lunge forward falling to the floor (hopefully hitting ur oppoenent, if not, ur wide open for an attack)(5%-7%)
Nair- closes up arms and legs and wings and releases hiting ur opponent (5%-6%)
Dair- stops down on the opponent (10-16%)
Fair- slash forward smacking ur opponent (4%-7%)
Bair- u kick back ur legs like mario (4%-6%)
Uair- bites upward (5%-6%)
Now i balanced out his strength so hes not some fast powerful brute, and his first and second jump are all small and his B^ is the same size but u glide.
i think he should be just lighter then ganongdorf
Enjoy!
EDIT: i would put the move where he flaps his wings and pushes u with air but it would either be too good and anyone over the egde is dead or its too weak and itll have no use

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I think that's a pretty decent moveset. Of course, it could use a little more variety since most of the attacks are claw based...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Zodiak-Lucien said:
not too bad, but theres to many multihit moves, his smashes I think should be one hitters. I think he should be heavier then ganondorf too.
lol if he was heavier then ganondorf he would be too good. With the multiple hit thing is will change his A> and ^A alright? i just thought it would be cool lol
and too the guy who said too many claw base attack. thats only his A moves but i changed his Uair but i found everything else fine... oh well maybe ur right :ohwell:
u should check out my metaknight moveset here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71699
and look at my olimar set the http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71336 but i do have 3 movesdets on Olimar but the one on the last page is the best

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Ganondorf is the 2nd heaviest character in the game, next to Bowser. Ridley should be about Bowser's size, but slow too.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
He is similar to Bowser, Firestar had a point with the claws and I guess they'd both be considered reptiles or something and the fire breathing. But Bowser is a turtle and Ridley a flying dinosaur (pterodactyl as another smasher put it). There's no way they could have the same feel, though. Ridley may be almost as strong, but also much lighter and easier to kO than Bowser (and if memory serves me correct, he does not have spikes on his back). Ridley is really the only character that I hope makes it into Brawl. I'm happy with whoever else makes it, I trust Nintendo to put in good characters, I just hope Ridley is in it. I've wanted to play as Ridley since Super Metroid and he can be scaled down, he was the same size as Samus in the original Metroid for NES.

Xianfeng, you found a good pic, but the Ridley I would want in would be the old Ridley. You found the metroid prime meta-ridley who is quite a bit larger than Samus. The Ridley that should make it is the one from the Melee opening movie who is battling Samus. Turn on your game and let the movie play, you'll get a little glimpse of Ridley fighting against Samus. He's not that much bigger and would make a great addition to Brawl.

Furthermore, I wanted to comment that I think the non-playable characters from the opening movie have a greater chance of making it into the game (Wolf, Ridley, maybe others, I don't remember).

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Marshigio said:
Ganondorf is the 2nd heaviest character in the game, next to Bowser. Ridley should be about Bowser's size, but slow too.
ridley slow? dont take this offensively and start an arguement with me i dont think he would be all that slow. besides he'll probaly move on all fours making him not so slow, im not saying he should be fast but he should be about middle speed. and i still say ridley should be a tad lighter then ganondorf.
besdies the claw moves are only A, AA, A>, and Fair lol that isnt much... well unless u count all his throws but its only common for his to use his hands, he COULD use his tail to grab but id prefer him grab with his hands

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
bowser and ganondorf still get killed as fast as everyone else, that doesnt really matter. I use ganon and bowser and they are not a whole lot more heavier then luigi or fox. I get killed around the same percents.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I use Ganondorf too, and I last a lot longer than him than I do with some others. I main him though, so I guess that could be a difference.

As for Ridley, there are a lot of things Nintendo could do with him...Heavy, slow, light, fast. He's a very flexible character.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Marshigio said:
I use Ganondorf too, and I last a lot longer than him than I do with some others. I main him though, so I guess that could be a difference.

As for Ridley, there are a lot of things Nintendo could do with him...Heavy, slow, light, fast. He's a very flexible character.
i couldnt of said it better myself

Aiser

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien said:
bowser and ganondorf still get killed as fast as everyone else, that doesnt really matter. I use ganon and bowser and they are not a whole lot more heavier then luigi or fox. I get killed around the same percents.
Oh but they are.=O

--- 117 --- (1) Bowser

--- 109 --- (4) Ganondorf

--- 100 --- (8-10) Luigi
-
--- 75 --- (22) Fox
It may not look like it, but the weights make a big difference.<_<

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ridley wouldn't be slow, come on he's tall sure but he's also kinda scrawny, when you fight meta ridley in prime he's ****ed fast. Ridley would be a med-light char leaning to medium who has multiple jumps.

Wieght doesn't make too much of a difference when playing fox. His uair is so ridiculously overpowered it sends even Bowser off the top on 70% from really close to the ground, it's just plain stupid.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ridley definitely shouldn't be like Bowser. Like most others say, I think he should be medium speed and strength. I don't think they should use Meta-Ridley, just the normal Ridley like who Samus fights in the opening movie. In the movie he's not all that big. Definitely not Bowser's size.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ridley would be heavy, but not too much, should have multiple jumps like pit and MK, really heavy and have a totally unique moveset.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Weight makes enough difference to where Bowser can live up to some pretty high numbers. its just some moves are ridiculasly strong in terms of knockback.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Over 300 posts and 5,000 veiws! That still leaves Ridley at 2nd place (Krsytal being 1st), but its nice to see Sir Ridley (heh... that's how his crew addresses him in the Online Comic) getting the respect he deserves! Just wait till he gets in SSBB - he'll give Bowser a run for his money (in the game and in terms of fanbase...).

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ya man, Ridley's the ****. If he gets in and doesn't suck I'll probably main him. I mained Bowser until I unlocked Marth and Ganon, and I still play with Bowser as much as them. But I don't think he should be very heavy because he's supposed to be fast and he can't be fast and heavy, unless he's an unlockable boss character.

Murderous Rampages: 16

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I'#ll still main bowser but ridley would be one of my seconds, i lvoe them both :D i still don't get why people think he'd be heavy.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
If it were Meta-Ridley, then I think he should be heavy and also be a boss character (17 murderous rampages) because he'd be unbalanced and too good. But if it's the old Ripley, he'd be a great addition (maybe the greatest?) and definitely isn't as heavy as Bowser. Heavy, yes, in comparison to small characters, but not the heaviest. Somewhere in the middle. We're gonna have more flyers in Brawl, so it'll be good to have a slower flyer to add depth (not slow, but slower than the others, cuz he's bigger).

On a side note, this is my 100th post. I'd like to thank all the people who made this possible. Mainly the creators of this awesome site I wish I knew about ealier and my job for giving me a light work-load and forcing me to be on here all day cuz I have nothing else to do. No better place to hit this milestone on than the Ridley thread in my opinion. I've been wishing he were in Smash Brothers since I was playing Smash 64.

I feel so important, they're not calling me a noob anymore. Ok, I'll stop talking now.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
:eek: :crazy: :psycho:
Zodiak-Lucien said:
I guess I can imagine Ridley a middle class. The reason why I think he should be a heavy weight is because he's a freakin' dragon.
hes a skinny dragon too besides i think he would be too strong, too fast, and heavy. come on, he would completely own metaknight if he was heavier then ganondorf and thats saying something :eek: :psycho: :crazy:

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is a dragon, but if he is the same size as the other characters, then he still probably wouldn't weigh all that much. They're gonna have to shrink him a little to put him in, but it could defnitely work. He was already good in the opening movie.

Meta-Ridley is cooler, my thing is how realistic is it? If he's half robot, he'd be heavier, stronger, and have more weapons (similar to Ghidora and Mecha-Ghidora). If that was the case, it wouldn't be realistic to me for him to be a normal character, it would make more sense to me if he were a boss character (18 murderous rampages). That's why I think the old, non-meta Ridley should be used, so it's more believable. In the end, it doesn't matter as long as he's in. I wouldn't care all that much if he had alternate costumes as Meta or even if he was altogether.

After looking at your pic, Marshigio, that Ridley does look better. But the Meta-Ridley I'm thinking of from Metroid Prime was more metalic than that, he looked like he was half robot to me. The one from your pic would be good, though.

kaid

Smash Master
I would submit that Meta Ridley should be a transformation super, like Giga Bowser should be a Bowser transformation super, and that Meta Ridley should be used in single player the same way Giga Bowser is. (19 murderus rampages)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
if they do that then they need to make giga bowser GOOD, at the moment he's a piece of crap, most characters can just repeatedly utilt without him being able to do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom