• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley confirmed???(No not related to Masterpieces >.<) Translator would be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Why the hell would you feel sorry for them? If this is true then they are filthy liars that created the rumor that Sakurai had failed and the roster was horrible, making many idiots believe it was true and spreading unease and causing constant fighting between people who believed and didn't believe the roster. I hope they get IP banned.
I got some strong deja-vu out of this for some reason.

"KKK" Doesn't have the same significance in Japan that it does here, I don't see why that debunks it.
Agreed. Doesn't prove it true, though. Like Shuma said, it's fake.

Anyay, I doubt the Japanese are any stupider than we are, and if they trust this dude it is probably for a reason. But with every other so called leak it shouldn't be taken as absolute truth.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Although this Ridley news, if true, is absolutely fantastic, I've become immune to all confirmations and deconfirmations rumours.

I'm just waiting for after Japanese release day and concrete evidence.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
While I find these rumors quite interesting, I find the hypocritical-ness of a lot of people here even more so.

"How can you believe the other roster? It doesn't have my favorite character, and this one does, so it must be true!"

And once again, people talk about the 35 roster like it's a pile of dead kittens, because they like to overreact to get attention.

As much as I want more characters in the game, I'd rather not be the one yelling at everyone else with his ears closed like a spoiled brat... which is what some people are acting like.

Kudos to those of you who took both rosters as speculations, and left them at that. At least some of you are awesome. I would give you a cookie in the shape of a panther, but alas, I can't bake for ****. No seriously. My baking skill suck.

But my point is there.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I just talked to my source, and he told me the entire Brawl roster....and unlike these other guys, I am able to reveal my source. It's Jesus Christ. That's right, that omniscient guy you hear so much about in church. Oh, if you didn't know, "omniscient" means that he knows EVERYTHING so good luck debunking my info because this guy created Sakurai himself.

so, according to my "source", everyone of these leakers is a liar...and a sinner. They don't have any sources, they're just making guesses. Some are correct, some are not...but all they are are guesses based on speculation.

I'd show you the proof, but as of yet my computer is unable to upload prayer induced visions.

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
One thing i would like to point out jigglypuffs and falcos name were in japanese ridleys was in english

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
I just talked to my source, and he told me the entire Brawl roster....and unlike these other guys, I am able to reveal my source. It's Jesus Christ. That's right, that omniscient guy you hear so much about in church. Oh, if you didn't know, "omniscient" means that he knows EVERYTHING so good luck debunking my info because this guy created Sakurai himself.

so, according to my "source", everyone of these leakers is a liar...and a sinner. They don't have any sources, they're just making guesses. Some are correct, some are not...but all they are are guesses based on speculation.

I'd show you the proof, but as of yet my computer is unable to upload prayer induced visions.
Im sorry, but when people have a crack at religion over a videogame i personally find it very offensive. Your source is not Jesus, and its hypocritical calling the leakers liars and sinners, as you have just proven you do the exact same thing. One of the ten commandments is 'do not use the lords name in vain'. Im pretty sure that covers trying to be hilarious by pretending you talked to jesus and he told you the Brawl roster.

Im a Christian, but not a nut, like the publicity gets our name. I dont go around telling people they'll burn in hell for making wisecracks about the basis of our entire religion.
But I do find it offensive when people try and link Jesus and Christianity to things that no one cares about, like leakers.
I mean, come on. Its not that big of a deal that you have to have a go at Christianity, coz some blogger on the internet pretends he knows stuff he cant possibly have a clue about.

So shut your idiotic pie hole before you offend someone with actual power.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
^ Dude, I'm Christian aswell. That guy just tried to make a joke, he failed. Don't get too stressed about it.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Let's get over that.

Ridley confirmed? I hope so. Pic looks dodgy.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord

I believe! Please guide us, oh messiah!
Screw other people, it was good.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
it's cool...I'm a christian, too. Just doin' it for the lulz...but apparently this ain't my crowd. I suppose that's bound to happen every now and again.

sorry I offended, and sorry I didn't appeal to your sense of humor. Some may advise that you "lighten up", but I'm sure that's none of my business. You do what you want, and I'll do the same. peace

edit: thanks for the nod, Cubelaroosa

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
^ I like your style. Calm reply. :)

Anyway back to this rumour thing... if Ridley were to be unlocked through Subspace, I guess you would have to fight him?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
^ I like your style. Calm reply. :)

Anyway back to this rumour thing... if Ridley were to be unlocked through Subspace, I guess you would have to fight him?
More than likely. It is a bit different than the Bowser situation in Melee.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Well the masterpiece update meant that Ridley has been mentioned three times on the Dojo.

Metroid music.
Norfair.
Materpieces.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I really think norfair is actually ridley's home turf, while brinstar and frigate is samus

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well the masterpiece update meant that Ridley has been mentioned three times on the Dojo.

Metroid music.
Norfair.
Materpieces.

Either Ridley is in or Sakurai is one of the most potent trolls ever or both.
Although I think the latter has already been established.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
To be mentioned three times when he's not in at all would be bewildering.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Of course the tourney thing if fake! That ZZS head looks like it was drawn. And sense when can you START a match as ZZS? Also, Geno's head could easily be from some fan art thing. I never really thought the thing looked real.

But I hope the Ridley thing is right. Good-bye, 35 roster (not that it's believable)!

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord

Either Ridley is in or Sakurai is one of the most potent trolls ever or both.
Although I think the latter has already been established.
True, true.

And mez: It's CubelaroosO. Just because the root name is "Cube" doesn't mean I'm a girl...

As for the tournament thing, I think it might be fake. I can tell from the pixels and seeing quite a few Shuma posts in my time.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
And sense when can you START a match as ZZS?
Good catch, I hadn't thought of that.

I would be very surprised if Ridley wasn't in in some form, and the amount of times he's been mentioned could be seen as an allusion to this. There isn't much evidence that he'll be playable though.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Good catch, I hadn't thought of that.

I would be very surprised if Ridley wasn't in in some form, and the amount of times he's been mentioned could be seen as an allusion to this. There isn't much evidence that he'll be playable though.
He's been mentioned more times than any other non-confirmed PC if I've been keeping tabs correctly.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
It says Falco is unlocked by surviving 100-man Brawl for 15 minutes, Jigglypuff is unlocked by Target Smash, and Ridley is unlocked by clearing the Subspace Emissary with Samus.

But who knows if it's true? It sure would be nice to get rid of that "fake" 35 roster though...

Roun

Smash Cadet
Spoilers, if this is true:

To unlock Jigglypuff, break the targets, or something like that. (It literally says, "or something like that")

To unlock Falco, beat 100 man melee and survive 15 minutes (I think)

To unlock Ridley, beat the subspace emissary with samus

Here's hoping it's true

Dais

Smash Cadet
Good ol' Ridley, he's so evil he spreads hate when ever people discuss him. "Clear SubSpace with Samus" ??? Can you even Beat Adventure Mode with just One Character??? It looks like teams gather bit by bit and you will get an ending involving everyone. I don't think you can do the one man(woman) army routine like Samus is used to. So .... this thing may be disproven already. Ridley is still a PC in this game though. How many times does Sakurai have to beat you over the head with hints in the Dojo????????

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Can you even Beat Adventure Mode with just One Character??? It looks like teams gather bit by bit and you will get an ending involving everyone.
Remember that google isn't exactly known for it's quality translations; it may just only mean "finish Samus's role in the SSE."

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Good ol' Ridley, he's so evil he spreads hate when ever people discuss him. "Clear SubSpace with Samus" ??? Can you even Beat Adventure Mode with just One Character??? It looks like teams gather bit by bit and you will get an ending involving everyone. I don't think you can do the one man(woman) army routine like Samus is used to. So .... this thing may be disproven already. Ridley is still a PC in this game though. How many times does Sakurai have to beat you over the head with hints in the Dojo????????
For all we know, the final battle could give you a selection of characters to choose from. If you choose Samus, you're technically beating SSE with Samus.

I find this FAR more reliable than the Neogaf leakers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom