• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RICHMOND BC CANADA TOURNAMENT JAN. 27th! FEATURING FALSEFALCO!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
This Tournament will take place at my house in Richmond, BC. Canada

Address= 4466 Gander Drive (Near the intersection of Williams and Railway)
Phone= 604-275-0509 (for any questions about the tournament and such)
Postal code= V7E-5T9

THis will be on Jan. 27th Featuring! (FalseFalco)

TIME: 1pm-8pm (come at 12:30pm at the latest so we can set up brackets. You may come as early as 11am)

ENTRY: SINGLES $10
DOUBLES: $5 per person, $10 per team

Rules:

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals; Higher stock/percent wins, if exact draw, then match restarts with each player having one life and lasts until one wins.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Semi Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5. Finals are best out of 5 match.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks -- Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
*Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking.
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule,Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off

Additional rules:
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Banned stages can be picked if both players agree

Teams: Double Elimination

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64 -Dreamland.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 or 70/30 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off
Ties broken by lives/percentages, if exact tie, super sudden death
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

OTHER RULES:...

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. I will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

REMEMBER to either post HERE that you are for sure coming or let me know on MSN or by phone that you WILL be coming.You are ONLY confirmed, if I have (CONFIRMED) beside your name.

SUPPLIES: We will need as many TV's and Game Cubes as possible to make the tournament run smoothly. POST HERE or let me know one way or another IF YOU CAN BRING A TV and/or Game Cube. I will make a list of people that are coming, and a separate list of supplies. So PLEASE let me know if you can bring a TV and/or GC with you.

List (Ill keep editing the List when more people wanna come)

1. Eric (Blunted_Object10) CONFIRMED
2. Carl (FalseFalco) CONFIRMED
3. Robbie (Genesis FTW) CONFIRMED
4. David CONFIRMED
5. Manuel ( firexemblemxpryde) CONFIRMED
6. John (Hitsugaya) CONFIRMED
7. Jeff *
8. James CONFIRMED
9. Toby (Airo) CONFIRMED
10. Dark_Dragon8 *
11. Kyle CONFIRMED
12. Chris CONFIRMED
13. Rusty CONFIRMED
14. Matt CONFIRMED
15. Caleb CONFIRMED
16. Evan CONFIRMED
17. Sion *
18. PG 17 CONFIRMED
19. Sean (Khorsan) CONFIRMED (3pm)
20. Tiep (Patooty) CONFIRMED
21. Ryan (CowEar) CONFIRMED
22. Max CONFIRMED
23. Otto (Silent Wolf) CONFIRMED
24. Nate (Tori) CONFIRMED
25. Shane (Eggz) CONFIRMED
26. Teddy (BladeWise) CONFIRMED
27. Reggie (HeroSublime) CONFIRMED
28. Scott (Gamepro88) CONFIRMED
29. Mark CONFIRMED
30. Dan (JumpFreak) CONFIRMED
31. Jeff (Balefireboy) CONFIRMED
32. Victa CONFIRMED
33. Dom (Sexualfire) CONFIRMED
34. Wes (WestCoastWes) CONFIRMED

31 CONFIRMED (Cap = 32)

Supply list

1. Eric 3/4 (TV's) 1{GC}
2. Robbie 1 (TV) 1{GC} 1 [VCR]
3. James 1-3 (TV's) 1{GC} 1 +Video Camera+
4. Toby 1 (TV) 1{GC} 1 [VCR]
5. Manuel 1{GC}
6. Sean 1{GC}
7. WA guys' 2{GC's} 2(TV's)
8. Carl 1{GC}
9. Eggz 1{GC}

11 TV's + 9 GC's and 2 VCR's

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
wtf silentwolf. BECAUSE OF YOU I PLAY A VERY TECHNICAL FOX. wtf.

I am! a flower quickly fading. Here today and gone tomorrow! A wave tossed in the ocean, a vapour in the wind! still You here me when I'm calling! Lord you catch me when i'm falling! and You've told me who I am! I am youuuuuurs.

btw I'm doubleconfirmed... I can bring a gc if needed. I can also bring love. [please make sure you edit the first page to confirm i can bring love].

That will be all.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Silentwolf now needs a passport in case there is any terrorist-related activity.

This means money. And time.

=( i wanna meet silentwolf again.

Falsefalco, are you still interested in having Eric's babies? cuz you know, this is your one chance.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I'm sad Nik can't make this shiz because it would be yet another chance for him to test his luck against my Falco :demon:

Also, Washington (Specifically skypal +silent/tori) what services can I offer I order to get you guys to hustle and get passports and get over here?

And has anyone talked to the OR players? theres that sick Samus kid artermath or someone who I'm looking to play :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
I'll leave it to Eric to send some invites but I hope this tourney isn't a dud for me to waste time on (I mean, that's impossible and all but I'd like to play some americans too).

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
man... we haven't had a BC only tournament in a WHILE. I'm sure we won't disappoint though.

Airo... it ain't cool to bring friends who won't be playing in the tournament, esp if we end up running short on space. Talk to Eric personally.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I'm in, but due to time constraints, I won't be there until 3. Even if my debut is a late one, I've been meaning to make a debut for too long.

Unless being as late as 3 is too late, but oh well.

Also, though it seems mightily unnessicary at this point, I can supply a 'cube.

PopCorn

Smash Rookie
john will prolly take that spot carl.:) he always gets the good partner! *shakes fist*

Top Bottom