• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Looking at the Rhythm Heaven Monkey's opening got me thinking about a "Mob" type character. I am not exactly sure how it would work, but I may try and make a move set based on that since rhythm girl has been shown to hold controllers, she could somehow summon them. Similar to olimar, but without being reliant on them and without having them last very long. I am not sure if that would be very balanced though.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Mario's fighting some guys on the boxing ring stage and wins after a couple of seconds. Then the crowd begins to clap and cheer loudly, but gradually the clap turns into a metronome. Mario's all confused and suddenly Rhythm Girl jumps from the sidelines.
Due to their similar games I think it would Wario on the stage.
And nah to jumping in from the sidelines, Stage lights scourer the arena, before focusing on the entrance, Miss Rhythm stands boldly, Wii-mote held high, the background behind her changes to the that of the Rhythm Heaver boxart

MISS RHYTHM ...
beats in?

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
The crowd surrounding the ring would be nothing but monkeys XD
Also, I think it would be:
RHYTHM GIRL
Beats the beat!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I agree that "Tunes in" is the most likely play on words for any character from a music/rhythm game. I've wanted to use it before, but Hippopotasauce kind of claimed dibs on it in the Karate Joe thread.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I agree that "Tunes in" is the most likely play on words for any character from a music/rhythm game. I've wanted to use it before, but Hippopotasauce kind of claimed dibs on it in the Karate Joe thread.
Well beat the beat is more rhythm heaven-esque, but you have to know the title of the series in the PAL region to get the joke. Tunes in is very probable for a music based character. Some alternatives would be "Blasts the beat" or "Starts treble." Some less inspired ones would be "Drops the bass" "Keeps rhythm" "Is ready to rock" or something. I am sure they could be pretty creative, and I prefer "Beat the beat."

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I was just playing Rhythm Heaven again, and I noticed that in the 'Glass Tappers' endless game, the first girl has the same art style as Rhythm Heaven Fever. Coincidence? NO!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think that for Miss Rhythm (I like the name, so I'll start calling her that too, if no one minds.) Kirby's hat should be her headphones seen on the cover of the RH soundtrack. It fits her rhythm niche, and it's seems like a cute little reference to Kirby's Microphone copy ability.

Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I think that for Miss Rhythm (I like the name, so I'll start calling her that too, if no one minds.) Kirby's hat should be her headphones seen on the cover of the RH soundtrack. It fits her rhythm niche, and it's seems like a cute little reference to Kirby's Microphone copy ability.
And the hair, too. Just headphones only applies to one alternate costume, but hair makes it a bit more specific.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
And the hair, too. Just headphones only applies to one alternate costume, but hair makes it a bit more specific.
But the hair changes depending on which recolor according to how we did recolors. Also kirby has never gotten long untied hair as a hat probably because it doesn't work very well... and also because this game doesn't have many females/dudes with long hair in it.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
But the hair changes depending on which recolor according to how we did recolors. Also kirby has never gotten long untied hair as a hat probably because it doesn't work very well... and also because this game doesn't have many females/dudes with long hair in it.
Then what would kirby keep? The red dress/shirt? The face?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think the headphones are fine. Kirby gets young Zelda's cap when he inhales Zelda, this isn't much more far fetched.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I think the headphones are fine. Kirby gets young Zelda's cap when he inhales Zelda, this isn't much more far fetched.
True; I guess he does turn black when he inhales Mr Game & Watch, no matter what colour he is.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, so here was the comparison I wanted to make of Ms. Rhythm and Microphone (Mike) Kirby. (I couldn't do it last night I had to get some sleep and I didn't feel like doing it anymore.) Anyway, here it is!
and......
Their headphones even have the same type of design! (Gold stars on the headphones themselves!)

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Hey guys, so here was the comparison I wanted to make of Ms. Rhythm and Microphone (Mike) Kirby. (I couldn't do it last night I had to get some sleep and I didn't feel like doing it anymore.) Anyway, here it is!
and......
Their headphones even have the same type of design! (Gold stars on the headphones themselves)
That is, might I say, simply magical!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Why, thank you very much! It means a lot to me to hear that! The idea of Ms. Rhythm giving Kirby her headphones when he copies her, and makes a reference to Microphone Kirby just came to me when I saw Ms. Rhythm's moveset and her B move, and her look for the soundtrack, it just came to me!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Aw I love how Miss Rhythm is becoming a thing now

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Say a Rhythm Heaven stage gets in the game; what music would you want on it? 3DS and Wii U versions.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Given the format of the games, medley's are pretty much necessary. I would say one for Tengoku, one for Heaven/Tengoku Gold, and one for Fever.

Along with those perhaps some of the tracks with lyrics, like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-51Yx63b_0
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24VFmHOFlko

And then I'd go for some favorites with lyrics, like the Karate Man songs from both DS and Wii games, Remix 9 from the Wii and Remix 5 from Tengoku
Wow. You got me to look at some gameplay and...there's so much potential there. Sakurai could do wanders with a RH character.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Like I said in the Monkey thread, we've made 4 unique movesets deriving from the minigames alone. While they may not be entirely viable, there's definitely something untapped there.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I listened to some music from all 3 Rhythm Heaven games. All I can say is.....beautiful:love:. Just....sniff.....amazing:sadeyes:. I can and will say that as of now I am definitely in support of a RH playable character and their superb music! But really in hardcore support of Ms. Rhythm and/or Marshal!:bee:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Actually defending Rhythm Girl in the Character Discussion thread right now. What have you people done to me?
We made your life better. I wish I was there I totally am not biased. . .
Also in most polls It is usually rhythm girl and wrestler as either first or second, sometimes karate joe and sometimes marshal. Rhythm heaven is weird since it really doesn't have a main character...

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Only other series I can think of that's comparable in the situation is AW, with its trio of protagonists.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Only other series I can think of that's comparable in the situation is AW, with its trio of protagonists.
Advanced Wars? I actually saw a really sweet moveset for them where the "characters" were the little tank/soldier sprites and the faces of the 3 characters appeared where the % was in the hud to change the playstyle of your troops. It was really cool- like a mix between pkmn trainer and lil mac's unique hud display.

Rhythm Heaven has it a bit worse since we don't even have a trio of main characters. I think I'd compare it more to Game & Watch, where there are all these little games they took and gave to Mr. Game & Watch who was created based on the different G&W characters. He became like the "main character" even if he technically wasn't. That is why I personally like Rhythm girl. If it isn't Rhythm girl I'd like to see Karate Joe or the Wrestler over Marshal, but they could make marshal unique or give him more personality.

I should try and make another (more unique) moveset for rhythm girl that incorporates more of the iconic RH characters in it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Andy is easily the most recognizable, the problem is that it's hard to imagine him as a fighter, harder than Villager I'd say. Sami is easier in that case.
I don't see Max getting over these two.

With Rhythm Heaven though there's a better balance between the characters. Whoever ends up in Smash, as unlikely as that it, they won't be the wrong choice.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So guys, with the supposed "leak" out in the open about the Chorus Kids (or Marshal) being playable characters, what do you think this means for Ms. Rhythm? (and all other RH characters?) Honestly, I support both Ms. Rhythm and Marshal (and I've actually begun to warm up to the idea of the Chorus Kids being playable like an Ice Climber-trio), so whoever Sakurai picks out of the 3 to be playable is okay in my book.:ohwell:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
So guys, with the supposed "leak" out in the open about the Chorus Kids (or Marshal) being playable characters, what do you think this means for Ms. Rhythm? (and all other RH characters?) Honestly, I support both Ms. Rhythm and Marshal (and I've actually begun to warm up to the idea of the Chorus Kids being playable like an Ice Climber-trio), so whoever Sakurai picks out of the 3 to be playable is okay in my book.:ohwell:
Anything works for me.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
As long as they represent the series and not just their one minigame, I'm good. If they are actually a character, they should have their own stage too, and probably a bunch of Rhythm Heaven trophies...oh the hype

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
If RH doesn't have a rep or a stage I really want the Wario stage pick up some music of RH (I prefer remixes).

Anyway, I support Rhythm Girl or Marshal, but I prefer the first one, I think she may looks better in a 3d model than Marshall, lol.

Kickback

Smash Cadet
Well personally I don't buy that leak quite yet, relisting charecters that already had photo leaks out dosent really boost this leak credibillity ( dosen't hurt it either but he could have seen those already just added their names). As for the pokemon from x/y I call a educated guess. Sakurai had already reveald the x and y stage and Nintendo also wanting to promote X and Y so guessing a charecter from x and y could easily been done by alot of people even if they had named greninja in the leak it could still had been a good educated guess seeing as he is by far the most popular final evolution of x/y starter. So the charecter that makes ore breaks this leak in my opinion are the chorus kids( no one could predict that to be true) personally I think Ms.Rythem is a better rep for rythem heaven.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is exactly the same thing I've been thinking for a Rhythm Heaven character! Did you read my mind without me knowing or what?

That's a very good moveset too, and that's how I've always thought her moveset would be! But personally, I'd say her Final Smash should be something called "Rhythm Heaven Power". What is that? It involves her holding up a magic wand, and blasting out of her wand all over the arena, several characters from the whole series (all in their original, untouched 2D designs). Kind of like the Wii Fit Trainer's.
But before it begins and when she triggers it, there's an RH-styled dialogue box on the bottom of the screen (like Pokemon Trainer from Brawl) that says, "All beings of Rhythm Heaven, lend me your power!"

Oddly, there's still nothing from the Rhythm Heaven series in Smash Bros. yet. Not even a stage, and the Direct didn't even give it one yet either.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Oddly, there's still nothing from the Rhythm Heaven series in Smash Bros. yet. Not even a stage, and the Direct didn't even give it one yet either.
This has been bothering me as well. If you're gonna keep Rhythm Heaven to just a stage, at least let it out quick Sakurai.

Top Bottom