• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Personally, I'd rather color her dress pink, purple, or orange before olive. Ideally a pale pink or a bright, reddish-purple (maybe cerise). She seems like the kind of girl who would wear those kinds of colors.
Well alright.
I was the guy that made the first four alt colors so I'll work on the rainbow and cerise ones soon.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Hmmm... Since Rosalina's announcement I have been thinking about what if Rhythm Girl was more of a summoner type character who summoned different characters from her wiimote/ds representing the franchise and rhythm games within it (The summons would be fairly predictable to prevent her from being over-powered). Also what if her special was a healing/buff that you just hit in time to the music to make her have some sort of dancing animation or something with no effect other than powering up her moves or healing a bit of her percentage giving her a risk vs. reward move.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Why did I never thought of this character? WHY?

I wonder if it has been already said, but Nintendo seems to acknowledge the serie, considering the puzzle from the Mii Plaza. And there can be a stage on 3DS and WiiU, wich is a plus.

Go away of my list, Mach Rider. It's time for the Rhythm girl to shine!

About her look, she could have a cell shaded 3D model? ... It's the SSB3DS art style by the way.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I hope that Rhythm Girl makes it in as a playable character (her or Marshal, whichever comes first of course.)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I hope that Rhythm Girl makes it in as a playable character (her or Marshal, whichever comes first of course.)
Honestly anyone from rhythm heaven would make me so happy, but I really really like rhythm girl. She would definitely get some backlash though and there are so many good characters that could make it in...

Also with this new announcement they have shown that the newcomer gimmicks are pretty amazing and outside the box as long as it fits the fighter canonically. I don't think a rhythm gimmick would be that hard since we got it with DK's final smash. How cool would it be if it was like Mother 3 where every song has a beat pattern programed so as long as you hit the buttons to the beat as you attacked more damage was dealt.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm going to pretend this girl's name is, in fact Miss "Rhythm Heaven" because why not.
Also I'd like to join the support list please.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Honestly anyone from rhythm heaven would make me so happy, but I really really like rhythm girl. She would definitely get some backlash though and there are so many good characters that could make it in...
This is what I worry for most if a Rhythm Heaven character gets added. If it's Karate Joe, "they added a nobody." If it's Wrestler, "they added a meme." If it's Rhythm Girl, "They added another nameless girl from a casual franchise."
Honestly I'm thinking Marshall might be the safest in terms of backlash.

Although thinking more about it, I don't think that's really too important in the long run.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
She has my support. I love rhythm games and Rhythm Heaven is amazing. That being said, I don't think she has any chances... but who knows, perhaps she will be one more "wtf" playable character in SSB4. That would be a pleasant surprise. So yeah, put me on the supporter list, please and thank you.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
This is what I worry for most if a Rhythm Heaven character gets added. If it's Karate Joe, "they added a nobody." If it's Wrestler, "they added a meme." If it's Rhythm Girl, "They added another nameless girl from a casual franchise."
Honestly I'm thinking Marshall might be the safest in terms of backlash.

Although thinking more about it, I don't think that's really too important in the long run.
Marshals only been in one game like the wrestler and I'd prefer someone who represents more of the franchise like rhythm girl. However, he does seem like he might be the best bet in terms of backlash. (Also rhythm heaven being casual is questionable because some rhythm games are placed in the hardcore region because of the precision aspect.)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh, there's no question that people will complain if Sakurai includes a Rhythm Heaven character. To most it's as left field, if not more so, than Wii Fit Trainer, and it would fit the joke character label pretty much immediately.

So given that, I'm shamelessly hoping for the Monkey, then the girl, then Marshall, then Joe, then the Wrestler. Let them complain, I'll just enjoy beating them with the character that much more.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh, there's no question that people will complain if Sakurai includes a Rhythm Heaven character. To most it's as left field, if not more so, than Wii Fit Trainer, and it would fit the joke character label pretty much immediately.

So given that, I'm shamelessly hoping for the Monkey, then the girl, then Marshall, then Joe, then the Wrestler. Let them complain, I'll just enjoy beating them with the character that much more.
Wii Fit Trainer does represent a huge point in Nintendo's history as well as one of their best selling franchises. Rhythm heaven sold pretty solid worldwide so perhaps it has a chance for a playable character? It has 4 installments and has began to appear as cameos in other games of Nintendo's. Also if they are seen as a joke character, I'd love a rhythm mechanic because people who suck at rhythm or people who don't know their gimmick will think they are low teir, but in the hands of a godly player....

Since we know they are looking for unique characters it seems to fit, but who knows? They could even thrown in some cool graphical stuff like what little mac has but instead maybe have her logo have the OK! SUPERB! and TRY AGAIN! graphics on the HUD or next to the player tag above the character's heads.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Maybe there could be an alternate colour palette that resembles Karate Joe, or the Dazzles, or that singer from Fan Club... really, there are quite a lot of possibilities when a character represents there whole franchise, and not just themself.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Maybe there could be an alternate colour palette that resembles Karate Joe, or the Dazzles, or that singer from Fan Club... really, there are quite a lot of possibilities when a character represents there whole franchise, and not just themself.
It'd be an interesting concept to have costumes for the more popular human shaped characters and just call them "Rhythm heroes" or something, but that goes against how sakurai avoids alternate costumes that change the identity of the character.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Only backlash would be from the Internet. Does it really matter if a Rhythm Heaven character gets backlash?

I mean, they'd be in the loss, since they didn't play a Rhythm Heaven game, and are likely people that lack happiness and joy in their life.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, Hippopotasauce, I think I might have another palette swap/costume change for Rhythm Girl to use on her OP:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's from the Rhythm Tengoku Gold OST Cover.

Has the full version of some songs in japanese I believe, notably Airboarders. (The ending)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hey, Hippopotasauce, I think I might have another palette swap/costume change for Rhythm Girl to use on her OP:
I love her hair.... she seems to have been around quite a bit.
Anyways what would the rhythm heaven emblem be? the barista dog? The characters like marshal? The blobby cloud thing?
Also found this while trying to think of one.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
The note from the DS game sounds like the best choice.

Also: Now in HD

No idea for the sixth one.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Anyways what would the rhythm heaven emblem be? the barista dog? The characters like marshal? The blobby cloud thing?
Either the dog or the note would fit, but the blobby cloud outline might work too. I know that on the Karate Joe thread it has the blobby cloud, but it doesn't look very good when it is filled in.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The note from the DS game sounds like the best choice.

Also: Now in HD

No idea for the sixth one.
Those are awesome! I'll update the first post, and for the 6th one? You could always reference other characters in the game like the reporter/date girl/love lab girl/the bon odori girls or the cheer girls etc.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Those are awesome! I'll update the first post, and for the 6th one? You could always reference other characters in the game like the reporter/date girl/love lab girl/the bon odori girls or the cheer girls etc.
Love lab girl costume would be good, as she wears a white coat (could be the grey costume).

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Ooh, what about the right half of her dress being dark grey, and the left being white, like the Step-switchers from lockstep for the grey costume?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If you need an idea for the sixth alt.,how about you use this for inspiration:

or this?:

or this?:

or this?:

or maybe...even this?:
(I mean the one in the middle, of course.)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I really like the Double Date one.
Although Pitcher's my favorite.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
If you need an idea for the sixth alt.,how about you use this for inspiration:

or this?:

or this?:

or this?:

or maybe...even this?:
(I mean the one in the middle, of course.)

There are ton of throwbacks to other characters possible, but do you think it would water down her "character" too much?

Kickback

Smash Cadet
I don't get why people would see rythem heaven girl as the joke charecter seeing as we already have the wii fit trainer I see rythem games beeing more played by smashers then the wii fit series( just my thought, I have no proof to back it up). I would gladly change the wii fit trainer with rythem girl anyday ( and I dont really play rythem games).

Dj Adore would make a great alt skin.

So what would be the best stage for rythem girl? Also what tracks would you like on said stage?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think Rhythm Heaven could be represented through a stage and/or assist trophy, but I think a playable character is kind of stretching it.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think Rhythm Heaven could be represented through a stage and/or assist trophy, but I think a playable character is kind of stretching it.
Nobody here truly expects one, just really really wants one.

Besides, there are much more bizarre support threads out there.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Rhythm Heaven is very popular, though. There should atleast be some music, or an assist trophy.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well when you look at franchises represented in smash, it is mostly older franchises. Why? You don't know what will stick and what will fade from being relevant I guess. However, Sakurai mentioned how he didn't like how Olimar was the newest character in Brawl, so let's see what he is willing to add in. I am expecting at least music/trophies and possibly a stage or assist from the series.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well when you look at franchises represented in smash, it is mostly older franchises. Why? You don't know what will stick and what will fade from being relevant I guess. However, Sakurai mentioned how he didn't like how Olimar was the newest character in Brawl, so let's see what he is willing to add in. I am expecting at least music/trophies and possibly a stage or assist from the series.
He didn't liked the fact Olimar was the only one new, or the fact he was simply a new character?

I guess it's the first option.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Ummm....not to look down upon a Rhythm Heaven character of any kind (since I really want one) but doesn't WFT kind of fit that bill already? The Wii Fit series is from 2007 (JP), the Rhythm Heaven series is even older than that.

EDIT: From the top of my head, there are some other series that have emerged since 2006 (since this is RH's year as well as the Miis) this includes but is not limited to Xenoblade, Elite Beat Agents, Rolling Western, and Pushmo (probably biggest eshop series). Heck, we've got quite a few notable series that are newer than Pikmin yet older than RH as well including Starfy, Chibi Robo! and Jam with the Band.
However, we can agree that some of these series have not done as well as the RH series...

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
He didn't liked the fact Olimar was the only one new, or the fact he was simply a new character?

I guess it's the first option.
Ummm....not to look down upon a Rhythm Heaven character of any kind (since I really want one) but doesn't WFT kind of fit that bill already? The Wii Fit series is from 2007 (JP), the Rhythm Heaven series is even older than that.

EDIT: From the top of my head, there are some other series that have emerged since 2006 (since this is RH's year as well as the Miis) this includes but is not limited to Xenoblade, Elite Beat Agents, Rolling Western, and Pushmo (probably biggest eshop series). Heck, we've got quite a few notable series that are newer than Pikmin yet older than RH as well including Starfy, Chibi Robo! and Jam with the Band.
However, we can agree that some of these series have not done as well as the RH series...
He didn't like that Nintendo wasn't turning out as many new memorable IP's. Yes, Rhythm Heaven is older (GBA era,) but it is still a newer franchise for a company like Nintendo. If you look at the roster there haven't been many franchises compared to the more abundant older franchises. Obviously this makes sense because there is more history with those characters and more time for them to establish themselves, but it doesn't mean only one character should represent the whole gamecube to now era. (Technically we have 3 franchises from this time period, but still the argument that we can't have more because wft is in doesn't really hold water.)

Unless you are just mentioning there are newer franchises, then yes there are. Not all of them seem that likely for playable representation though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom