• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RGV da BESS ~ WHGU 6 @ Kingsville = APR 23 !!!!

What day do you want our weekly UTB club gaming fests be?

• Monday

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
1st beat axel, pax or fro in a mm. then go to marth, lol
money matches are like friendlies. you dont go serious till the last stock. <3 unless its against vash and we dont go serious the whole time.

i dont get why it matters if i beat them or not. o.o i can go whatever character i want boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
It is on Sunday, the 18th, so I don't think there should be many scheduling conflicts. Except for Guero having to be home by 5 XD
-.-

LOLOLOLOL XD. TOO GOOD.

oh btw guys. Guero beat Syoudous 2-0 in a set.
3-0
twice mk, once DDD

for people going in the Piolinmoblie it will be the usual Gonz, Nacho, Jay, and me. there is room for one more

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
It was a set? Didn't know of that. Nobody ever came up front for my Brawl disc. How lame.

Btw King Broly, I'll prove my loyalty to you at the Kingsville tourney if I go.

C 2the loud

Smash Cadet
Its alright Syodous. He sucks at melee.

I just realized that the only fun thing about brawl to me is beating people that play the game when I dont even play it.

I love brawly.

New southpark tonight boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Vorguen

Smash Champion
attention everyone!!! i wanna get serious about brawl again

get togethers once a week at brolys? or my place? or weslaco???

lets make it happen

<3 rgv

i wanna go to a hobo or san antonio tourney sometime soon

and the kingsville tourney fo'sho

p.s. forgive me for being lame and not going to whobo2 :'(
It's okay Herby you only missed the best-trip-of-all-time-so-good-it-actually-made-whobo1-look-really-bad. It's cool ;).

LOL, you are lame. Best hobo ever. seriously. i got to rave, drive naked, play m2k and ally, eat parfait, go green room, see msyds go crazy, EPIC FUN
Seriously, people this year went all out, we did SO much stupid stuff and we had so much fun. I even danced with a black chick at the rave for like an hour LOL... aka I stole Sama's girl at the rave HAHAHA..

Oh man .... Guero's PROJECTILE of puke, Broly DONUT DANCING, greenroom adventures with the crew + Ice (playing Ninja and also Ice and me taking a piss in the girl's restroom LOL), 100+ hours of Michael Jackson music, Guero getting high LOL!!!, the van.... R.I.P... lol, seriously, best TRIP ever, easily, hands down.

It is on Sunday, the 18th, so I don't think there should be many scheduling conflicts. Except for Guero having to be home by 5 XD
LOL owned guero

LOLOLOLOL XD. TOO GOOD.

oh btw guys. Guero beat Syoudous 2-0 in a set.
When did this happen? lol, I never heard of this set. Syoudous and his infamous "sandbag unless I play you in tourney so you don't learn my matchup then I counterpick you to Rainbow Cruise and infinite you against a wall" strategy. :( :( :(

Update the thread title, vorgy!
Done :)

alright so that makes broly a piolin crew alternate
LOLOLOLOL just in case Ponchis is raging about something

can i go with the piolin crew??
you're only part of the "I don't hang out with my bro's" and "I don't go to WHOBO" crews :p

Vorguen

Smash Champion
lol speaking of MSYDS going crazy Brawly I just remembered the "ITS A BOMB, GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW!!!!!" event HAHAHAHAHA omg syoudous freaking out during the van's last moments was too good. Oh also he actually danced at the rave with all of us kudos to you lol.

All in all the trip was freaking amazing and everyone who didn't come missed out BAD! haha

thebokkie

Smash Cadet
i told many people about the tourny
idk how many are going but i told people
also during the summer if theres another brownsville tourny chances are we can go

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I'll never intentionally counterpick Rainbow Cruise. It wasn't my fault you got destroyed on that stage.

Broly

Smash Lord
i bet that Syoudous wins 3-0 and then money matches him again and is down 2-0 with 1 stock left, but then doesnt want to let him win so comes back and 3-2s him with style and then dances to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuX6QB-SUHA

and yes brawly is kinda good at both games, unless Pax is playing either.

Me and brawly tied for 3rd best =P
TIED???????? pfffffffffffffffft

yea, we are

Broly

Smash Lord
EARLY PREDICTIONS

Singles...

1st. Andilex
2nd. Angry PAPI
3rd. Broly
4th Vorgy
5th Shlike
6th. Magik
7th. GUERO
8th. Nacho

Syoudous

Smash Cadet
I proved it to get you to call me by my regular name and made Vorguen bow down. What more should I do? Also I want doubles not singles.

Broly

Smash Lord
he might. hes doing acting, and it might be on sunday. if vash comes, move everyone from 3-8 down.

papi is confirmed tho

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
REVIVAL OF PAPI v5???!!!!!!

Oh, and sorry this is pretty late, but the ruleset is as follows:

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship (which are best of 5) are best of 3 matches

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If stock and percentage are equal, it will be replayed with 1 stock, 4 minutes and on he same stage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* If a game ends with Ganondorf doing his suicide murder choke involving both players' last stocks, that game will be counted as a win for Ganondorf.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

NOTE: Standing regrabs (ex: Marth on Ness) are limited to one regrab before another action must take place. Players in violation will first receive a warning, and if in violation again, will forfeit the game.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents strike stages from the starter stage list until one is left
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter

Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair

Banned
All other stages

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Other rules:

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

defsithe

Smash Ace
idk if im going, kingsville is sooo far from kingsville XD. nah ill be there. ask vash 26 character rematch?

Reizilla

Oh, one more thing. all events $5 entry per person (so $10 total for a dubs team), no venue! yayz :D

Hmm, I thought about it, but I'm not sure...

Quick vote: Who thinks we should see Green Greens?

Reizilla

70/20/10 payout if >30
65/20/10/5 if 30+

okay, i think that's everything now XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom