• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RFLAN Perth January 17th-18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for some local brawlers to come along to RFLAN 25 on January 17th-18th to play a couple of money matches. I'm new to the competitive brawl scene but I am a capable player. I've beaten all of my friends over and over again and now I'm just looking for more of a challenge. So if anyone is interested sign up at "rflan.org". The event is mainly a LAN tourney based but they have a wii set up for casual play. It runs for about 28 ish hours and they usually set up the wii about 4-5 hours in.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
///typical, I go to melbourne for a weekend, and look what comes when I'm gone :urg:

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
yeah, if you havent played competitively youll prob end up losing alot of money, but maybe not it is brawl...

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'll challenge you ;)

Just come to this sunday's smash tournament, we can do money matches there and you can participate in the tourney.

Look in the Perth Smash Thread for details.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I heard about RFLAN. My friend goes and said that you guys play CoD4 and stuff. Are you guys gonna be holding a smash brawl tournament at all? If so, how many people are you expecting? Also, what will be the prize?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Well, there won't be a tournament per se but I'm just trying to organize a couple of matches to practice and what not. Last RFLAN there were around 250 people that came but the one coming up, they're trying to get up to 350. I'd say about 20 or so of them would be playing brawl. If we get enough people to ask if there will be a brawl tournament, the admins there will probably try to start one with only minor prices like mouse pads.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sweet.
So how are the MM's gona work?
Will it be tourney standard? 3 stock, neutral and CP stages, best of 3/5 games?
And how much do you guys reckon each MM should be worth? Around 2-5$ i think.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Most likely on the 17th because most of the people would have left by the 18th. So hopefully they will set the wii by around 1-2pm ish and we'll have 9-10 hours to play until the Wii Tennis tourney starts at 11. But I guess if i havent run out of money and if you're up to it, we could play on both.

EDIT:
Just PM me when you guys are here and want to start playing. The wii is set up at the front.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Well it didnt go too badly, I found a couple of people that could challenge me. Didnt end up money matching anyone though. Since there was an entry fee to get into the event there wasnt one for the tournament. I ended up winning it and getting a $60 voucher to simline.com.au. There were only two people there that actaully gave me a challenge, but I ended up learning how they played started beating them consistantly. So I'm still in need for someone to learn and get better off. Just hoping the next tournament there will have items off. Haha

Trillest

Smash Ace
I'm looking for some local brawlers to come along to RFLAN 25 on January 17th-18th to play a couple of money matches. I'm new to the competitive brawl scene but I am a capable player. I've beaten all of my friends over and over again and now I'm just looking for more of a challenge. So if anyone is interested sign up at "rflan.org". The event is mainly a LAN tourney based but they have a wii set up for casual play. It runs for about 28 ish hours and they usually set up the wii about 4-5 hours in.
This guy will never amount to anything !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom