• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rex Drives into Battle! (...As Pyra's Final Smash!!)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I still would've preferred Rex & Pyra as one character but I'm still fine with this outcome. We still get more Xenoblade 2 content!

I.D.

Smash Lord
So, uh, how do you guys feel about this one?
I doubt many people are going to be mad about this one, especially since it was starting to look like Xenoblade was going to get skipped by Ultimate altogether.

Eating my words here, honestly. No Ice Climber style gimmick. It's really just a form change sword fighter.
Well you see, Shulk is a stance character, now Pyra and Mythra are stance characters... it's like poetry, it rhymes. Hopefully it'll work

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So...do we make this the Social? Or do we make a new thread since this is basically a Rex thread?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Congrats everyone...

Sort of. At least he made it into their Final Smash. That counts right?

Lol Rex got Chrom'd basically.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if there are support threads for Pyra and Mythra separately, so I'll just put my congrats here for all Xenoblade 2 fans!

...Congrats!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bit odd that rex is basically just like the slimes

still a little reassuring that we were all wrong

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Wanted to give my congrats to all the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 fans. You guys got a lot of grief and dismissal about the chances of anyone from XC2 getting in, and by all accounts you ended up with a hell of a package for the DLC. Hope both play as well for you guys as they looked in the trailer.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm SO happy it's Mythra and Pyra together, my fears for Pyra as a character was always Mythra (who I prefer) being stuck in Final Smash. But the sisters fighting together and Rex as more of a Pokemon Trainer/Chrom role fits fine for me.

LET'S GOOO

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
they're apparently fighters 79 -AND- 80, whatever that means
It's basically the same case as with Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard and the Miis.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Well I was hoping for a tag team of Rex & Pyra but that hope died for me when Rex became a mii costume so now with Pyra & Mythra in I'm actually a bit hyped with this outcome.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I guess I'll post here since there is no dedicated Pyra/Mythra thread.

Congrats Xenobolade fans!

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Wow. It feels nice to get someone I actually, personally wanted for... Well, the first time, I guess. I was too young to really care about Melee and Brawl, and basically skipped Smash 4. I was happy with everyone is here and some of the additions to Ultimate, but this is the first one that I actually wanted myself. Feels good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
they're apparently fighters 79 -AND- 80, whatever that means
Yeah I came into this thread for this. Does it mean that Myrtha is the supposed extra character ? The 6th character of this Fighter Pass? They should count as one of course, Pokemon Trainer does. So what's going on here....?

I'd consider this a victory for you guys tho. So congrats. Yeah Rex got Chrom'd. But I think this came out better than Rex could've been, sorry.

Now tell me, will I love Xenoblade 2 if I absolutely loved Xenoblade 1 on Switch? I think about buying it now.

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I consider this an absolute win!

Yeah okay it's not actually Rex, but honestly I was just in it for any Xenoblade 2 rep and he was simply the most likely. And besides, he's at least featured in some capacity, and in a good spot for a promotion next game.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Well, I guess it's safe to say at this point that Rex is deconfirmed. Which is a shame, since I thought he had more moveset potential, due to being able to weild multiple Blades. Early on in the trailer, I knew immediately that the new character was going to be Pyra.

Since I'm biased toward Xenoblade, I'll definitely be giving Pyra/Mythra a shot. Since they can change at will like Pokémon Trainer, I fancy they'll have a lot of options on the battle field. Just like in Xenoblade 2, Pyra focuses on power, while Mythra focuses on speed.

Overall, though this particular journey ended in semi-defeat, I am glad Rex at least made it in as Pyra's final smash. Sakurai really did his best to include both of them.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Am I the only one who thought this was some sort of DLC mode for XB2 where you don't play with Blades or something? I mean, I'm glad the Aegis made it to Smash, but that was legitimately my first thought.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
This is probably the weirdest celebration party I've seen, since Rex got chrom'd, so I'm unsure if some consider that a win or not

Though, I do figure there were good amount of people that mainly wanted Pyra and/or Mythera here, with Rex being the proposed vechicle, so I would assume those people are really happy

Anyway, congrats!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They're on the same page on the website, and in their portrait on the bottom lined up with everyone they're together, like Steve & Alex and male and female Byleth. They're both considered "one character" by DLC purposes, but are "counted" as two.

You can't buy them seperately, since they swap out with a special command, ergo, they're considered one character and not two for the Fighter's Pass. Make sense? There's still two more.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, I guess it's safe to say at this point that Rex is deconfirmed. Which is a shame, since I thought he had more moveset potential, due to being able to weild multiple Blades. Early on in the trailer, I knew immediately that the new character was going to be Pyra.

Since I'm biased toward Xenoblade, I'll definitely be giving Pyra/Mythra a shot. Since they can change at will like Pokémon Trainer, I fancy they'll have a lot of options on the battle field. Just like in Xenoblade 2, Pyra focuses on power, while Mythra focuses on speed.

Overall, though this particular journey ended in semi-defeat, I am glad Rex at least made it in as Pyra's final smash. Sakurai really did his best to include both of them.
Hey, maybe he'll be their echo next time.

Top Bottom