• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revved up for Brawl?

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Also, the cars are different colors (in world trailer they were all white)

This has been the first "real" stage update that we had since The Summit. We already knew about Norfair, and although it was nice to see a returning stage, we could all have assummed that atleast one stage from melee would be returning.

Fossilized Ursidae

Smash Apprentice
I dont know how to do a quote but this a a quote of Misto's response to that rude jack *** that said whats up wit the weird post titles. Actually we thoroughly enjoy coming up with the witty and rather humorous titles. They have high levels of puns and remarks that we put into each of our updates. It is a good thing we're not embarrassed and you would be because we want people who get embarrassed about the title of our articles to make useless comments about how our titles are on par with Nickelodeon Magazine instead of actually contributing to the discussion of said articles. Forget him hes a bum man you and mic 128 do awesome posts I like you guys better than most cause I like your comments to the pics and you guys just rock keep up the awesome work guys.
when you are looking at their post press the "Quote" button under their message.

I'm glad Mario circuit was finally updated.

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
cool it's not like f-zero or deflino plaza stages like i thought but it's still awesom!:)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Ah, I just noticed. There seem to be walk-off edges. Tournament banned. A shame. This looks like an awesome stage.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I guess some things are worth waiting for. The stage sure looks better than what it was back in that teaser.

I wonder if Captain Falcon will appear in tomorrow's update. I hear that he is confirmed in that CoroCoro magazine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Avoiding Shy Guys from below can be rather crazy, but avoiding them from above is even crazier. This isn't an F-Zero stage though, so no scrolling around.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ah, I just noticed. There seem to be walk-off edges. Tournament banned. A shame. This looks like an awesome stage.
Are you assuming that any character we know of can easily push you to the edges of this stage with an ability, making it an unfair advantage?

I don't recall anyone having anything "cheap" to ko someone from a stage-side so far besides DK's barrel grab.

Just don't count this stage out just yet.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
I guess some things are worth waiting for. The stage sure looks better than what it was back in that teaser.

I wonder if Captain Falcon will appear in tomorrow's update. I hear that he is confirmed in that CoroCoro magazine.
he's not COMPLETELY comfirmed,people are still trying to find a way to see him on that scam.

EDIT:and yay no complainers!! this stage is very good! ^^

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
This is one sweet stage. Who would have ever thought Mario Kart would have ever worked its way in to Smash. And I bet they are going to put in a bunch of songs from the Mario Kart universe. Imagine the possibilities

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
GREAT idea that you can see when the cars will enter the fray...that means no johns to those who will complain about the cars damaging them or causing KOs.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Are you assuming that any character we know of can easily push you to the edges of this stage with an ability, making it an unfair advantage?

I don't recall anyone having anything "cheap" to ko someone from a stage-side so far besides DK's barrel grab.

Just don't count this stage out just yet.
Samus can camp the edge and bthrow anyone who comes near off of the stage. Walk-off stages are really imbalanced.

That aside, though, I really like this stage. Definately better than Rumble Falls, that's for sure! =D

Rash

Smash Ace
They couldn't even make this stage a non-drop-off-the-edge one without some sort of worthless platform gimmick or something, so I don't why people would even have to make note of that.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
wouldnt it suck if tommorow update was starting roster completly eliminating all the hype for saturday?

i can already see my friends complaining about kart assist kills...doesnt matter if there is a map...
stll i love the stage

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Samus can camp the edge and bthrow anyone who comes near off of the stage. Walk-off stages are really imbalanced.

That aside, though, I really like this stage. Definately better than Rumble Falls, that's for sure! =D
And then she gets run over by shy guys.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
before we thought that this was non tourny legal but now that we can see where they coming from at all times...who knows what will happen

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

So it took them this long to put something up on the screen and to put giant mushrooms and flowers in the background.

...Well, whatever, at least now we have it.

EDIT:
Oh, and they added color to the karts. I still would have liked to see more than just Shy Guys in the karts, but what are you gonna do, eh?

D

Deleted member

Awesome

Nonetheless, where's Sonic 's stage?

One of the songs for this stage is gonna be Luigi/Mario/Yoshi Circuit from Double Dash!!

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the edges won't be walk off. It's possible you cannot pass through the course and will get stuck under the overhang, making a deathtrap type are with most KO's being of the upward varient.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Wow, nice update. I called it being a stage too. :p

Well, it's nice to finally have every stage we know about on the Dojo! And the specifications of this stage are great too. I love the idea of having the karts go along both ways. Oh, and there are even a few changes between these screenshots and the Nintendo World Movie: the ones that stick out the most is the lack of map in the background in the movie and that all the Shy Guys have different colored karts now, rather than just gray.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Does this mean Friday should be a character update of some sort? Have any weeks not had one? I also chuckled at Sakurai REMINDING us that this is an ancient, already-known update.

And I can't get to the dojo language page at the moment, what the...

Edit: Huh...I can get to the dojo on my wii, but not on my computer? The mind boggles.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Does this mean Friday should be a character update of some sort? Have any weeks not had one? I also chuckled at Sakurai REMINDING us that this is an ancient, already-known update.

And I can't get to the dojo language page at the moment, what the...
Yeah, Friday should be a character update, since we've supposedly had one every week.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
I was dissapointed today, but not because the update was bad: I was annoyed because I was hoping that Sakurai would update one stage of each franchise before going back to franchises already updated with stages (which currently are Sonic and F-Zero). Ah well, still a good stage, and Sakurai will hopefully give us another F-Zero update soon right? RIGHT?

EDIT: Is it just me, or does the zoomed out shot of Mario Circuit suggest some sort of cinematic camera mode or just more control with the pause screen?

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one concerned with the large number of stages that restrict or eliminate the possibility of downwards KOs? Shadow Moses, Eldin Bridge, and now Mario Circuit are all totally walk-off, as is 1/3 of Castle Siege, parts of Delfino Plaza (I think), and the minigame portions of Wario Ware. Delfino and The Summit both have water, which greatly change off-the-stage dynamics (I think you can spike someone through the water, but otherwise you can just swim back to the stage). Plus it looks like part of The Summit has Big Blue-style moving ground (when it's sliding down the mountain). And then of course there's the rising lava in Norfair.

I'm pretty sure that every Melee stage without normal edges and bottoms was banned, so we might be looking at a lot of Brawl stages getting banned right off the bat. Hopefully the watery stages will turn out okay, but Mario Circuit, Shadow Moses, and Eldin will surely be banned right off the bat due to the edges, and Castle Siege might be on thin ice depending on how it plays out.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hung up about tournament rules, but the group of people I typically play with tend to adhere more or less to the official list of banned stages, and I have a personal dislike for the sorts of stages where you can easily kill someone at 0% with a back throw anyway.

Rash

Smash Ace
I personally think that with a new game should come new tournament rules, personally. Or, if not that, at least more flexible tournament rules.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Not as dynamic as Mute City and a little plain, but good overall. Glad they come from sides too. I still wonder if this stage will be turnyment legal off the bat.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
This Stage seens to represent Mario Circuit 2 from Super Mario Kart:

Its a little diffrent, but its the only Mario Circuit with this jump.

Top Bottom