• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution 5! September 16th Friday! GET HYPE!!!1

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
oh, so this is spreading widely? If this is an entire movement towards banning Metaknight, I'm all for it. I just didn't want to neuter ourselves by banning MK in our region only to get rusty against MK's in other regions.

Denti

Smash Master
oh, so this is spreading widely? If this is an entire movement towards banning Metaknight, I'm all for it. I just didn't want to neuter ourselves by banning MK in our region only to get rusty against MK's in other regions.
That's the goal. And if after some months other regions don't ban MK or something like that, I'll start allowing him again at Revolutions. I myself would hate to be completely inexperienced in the MU if other regions still allowed him.

edit: BTW you guys, totally be ready for some SSB64 Doubles!

Sync.

Smash Champion
...like I said before, it's not a good idea to start the movement here because no one cares. I'm super pro-ban and I want him to get banned (I've been dying to be the best Peach) but it is what it is. No one will follow Texas in suit about this. East Coast started it and it's up to them to finish it. It looks like I won't really be leaving Houston for a while now :/

Anyway, please reconsider banning MK in Texas because we have some big players all over our state (this means you Denti) who NEED this practice so they can continue to represent our state in a good way :]

Quote me on this later: The minute EC starts banning MK I'm banning MK all over Texas.

Smoom77

Smash Master
xyro on smoom

Good to see mk banned events. this new found urge is spreading all over the place. keep it going! thats how change starts!

edit: we have no real OMFG AMAZING mks in tx and yet razer(beat m2k...wha?)/trela(beat tearbear at mlg....ect)/gnes(won mlg and got 3rd at genesis 2) do perfectly fine oos/ooc. dont let anti ban propaganda skew your heroic quest!

Denti

Smash Master
@Sync - the only way to ban him will take time and a movement. If I keep hosting non MK banned tournaments it would hurt the cause. If it doesn't stick (only of time will tell), I'll un-ban him so everyone can get the practice they need.

Denti

Smash Master
Nope!

Don forget Batou's tournament is the day after this ya'll!

:phone:

Edit: so I know this is kinda defeating the point of an MK ban but I want to MM every MK if possible. 1$-5$ I still need the practice >.>

Denti

Smash Master
Sounds good alsm, 1$?

Anyways, updated the OP (this update is the last one).

It is now SSB64 singles, not doubles. If people want a doubles event I will gladly make one with no hesitation, but first I think we all need to play more singles to understand the game better.

Also, Doubles now pays out to top 4.

we can use my REALLY BIG house to house people. I live 2 min away from the venue and will be carpooling to Batou's monthlies tomorrow! I will be helping people out with transportation if they need it. HYPE :reverse::cool:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Will anyone be going to Plano ish after the tourney? or the next day? I'm bringing Sethlon from my place but I may not go back home. Possibly gonna travel south this weekend.

Also, I think i need a teammate for this lol.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Will anyone be going to Plano ish after the tourney? or the next day? I'm bringing Sethlon from my place but I may not go back home. Possibly gonna travel south this weekend.

Also, I think i need a teammate for this lol.
Bluezaft has me covered, apparently hes living on Renner road right now, haha.

Denti

Smash Master
So Here we go again!

Also you guys, since school is back and I can advertise to more people (Highschools and colleges) like before. Expect a turnout similar to Revolution 1.

At Revolution 1 we had 29 people enter, no out of region players either, just DFW Brawlers.

HYPE HYPE!

edit: oh yea, I got rid of Smash 64 because I don't think I'll be able to run it and Brawl this time, maybe next time. Also, no MK ban.

2nd edit:

I made a Facebook event!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=226690337378338&pending

All Is Brawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12567

join join join!!

Neon!

Smash Lord
Super Hyped about this, if you send me a copy of the flier I'll post them at TCC NW campus. A little bummed about no smash 64 :(

Denti

Smash Master
Very likely I'll have it next time. I just don't want to have a 30 man turnout and potentially not have time to finish or start smash 64. Don't wana bite off more than I can chew, but after this tournament I'll know.

Top Bottom