• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival; The Savior of OTL: Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Welcome to Revival

First of all, welcome. I humbly request you accept your invite to my tournament. This event is not for a prize, merely for fun and to reminisce about the old activity. It's not human nature to accept change, it's natural. But change can be good, and change can be bad. I know it may seem like OTL is changing for the worse. But I hope this tournament has some impact on that matter. Our main goal here is to get that family feel once more. We've longed for our community to have that aura since it has left. We always accept others in with open arms, and lately we have not been. I think it's because we want to defend what's left. So let's just have fun. How 'bout it?

Let's break it down here. This tournament is going to have parts to it. Count em, 7! This is going to be huuuge. So let's name off the parts here. Regular SBR Approved Rules Tournament, Tier List Switcheroo, A Tournament of FMOI's Choice, a Tournament of Barge's Choice, A team Tournament, A Pokebattles tournament, and to finish it off...I'm going to host the S2009GOTLT at the SAME TIME. Has such a feat ever been attempted? No it has not, but it will happen. When you ask? The date is yet unknown.

All tournament parts will be added by tonight hopefully. I'm killing myself on this one guys. You better help me out.<3 OTL. OH and S2009GOTLT probably will have a prize.

1. Barge
2. SamusBrawler
3. Thesilentmarth
4. Shadowfirex100
5. Kawaii Bunny
6. Chaco
7. Glyph
8. Aryman
9. Luso
10. Pink Fresh
11. Fatmanonice
12. Zen1
13. McMuff1nman
14. SSJ5Goku
15. Dev2000
16. Kirbywizard
17. Rukkiko
18. Victra
19. Alphican
20. Ugg
21. Teran17
22. Omis
23. Socandrewcer
24. Gamingblack
25. Sir Orion
26. Mr. Victory07
27. Blankvi
28. Hero of Banthum
29. Straked
30. LordoftheMorning
31. Pentasalia
32. ~Ari~
33. ~Zack~
34. S.O.L.I.D
35. Dabuz
36. The Truth
37. Stealth Raptor
38. Thunder of Zeus
39. Heartz
40. Excellence
41. Salem
42. ~Peachy~
43. Choknater
44. DarkLeviathan89
45. Yukiwarashi
46. Yaya
47. Halaster
48. Cloudfox
49. Crewster
50. 8BitMan
51. Exia00
52. Sir Bedevere
53. PhoenixoKaZe
54. Luur3
55. LeviNifty
56. Glusent
57. DemonFart
58. Bunnyma
59. iStudying
60. Spoonbob
61. Moot
62. iSasuke
63. SlasherX
64. Snare

SBR Approved

General Rules:
3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Bracket:
[INSERT BRACKET HERE]

Tier List Switcheroo

General rules:

3 stock, no items, and no time limit.

Only two characters can be used in the tournament, your decided main and their “opposite.” (See diagram below)

Winner has to switch characters upon… winning… You can only win a set by winning with both of your characters. If I were you, I’d start practicing with your “opposite” as soon as you read this. You basically have a two week notice so please review rules 7, 8, and 9.

First stage is agreed on by both players. Loser picks the next stage.

Quitting, restarting the match, stalling for longer than 10 seconds (like with Mario's cape stalling or Jigglypuff's rising pound), and purposely SDing will lead to disqualification.

Chain grabs, spamming, suicides (like Ganondorf's and King Dedede’s) and locks are allowed. No johns about players who do any of these things excessively. It’s YOUR fault if you can’t get past them. Play to win. All of these are legitimate strategies and can be overcome. Personally, I’d recommend counterpicking stages if you really have a problem with them.

No pissing.

No moaning.

A combination of 7 and 8 will not be tolerated either.

After a set (best 2 out of 3 until the Finals which will be 3 out of 5), either player should report the results here.

Characters and their “Opposites”

Review the following chart before choosing which character you want to use in the tourney. I believe I have created a sort of system of balance. If you choose the best character (Metaknight), you’re going to need to carry the weight of the worst (Captain Falcon). The purpose of this tournament is to test people’s skill levels and help them become enriched by traveling into (usually) uncharted waters.

S Tier
Meta Knight - Ganondorf
Snake - Link
Wario - Captain Falcon
Falco - Jigglypuff
Diddy Kong - Samus
King Dedede - Yoshi

A Tier
Marth - Ness
Mr. Game & Watch - Mario
Pikachu - Lucas
Olimar - Ike
Ice Climbers - Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B. - Zelda
Kirby - Bowser

B Tier
Lucario - Sheik
Zero Suit Samus - Sonic
Toon Link - Wolf
Pit - Fox
Donkey Kong - Luigi

C Tier
Peach - Peach
Luigi - Donkey Kong
Fox - Pit
Wolf - Toon Link
Sonic - Zero Suit Samus
Sheik - Lucario

D Tier
Bowser - Kirby
Zelda - R.O.B.
Pokemon Trainer - Ice Climbers
Ike - Olimar

E Tier
Lucas - Pikachu
Mario - Mr. Game & Watch
Ness - Marth
Yoshi - King Dedede
Samus - Diddy Kong

F Tier
Jigglypuff - Falco
Captain Falcon - Wario
Link - Snake
Ganondorf - Meta Knight

If you choose Samus/ZSS or Zelda/Shiek, you are not allowed to transform during your matches. If you are used to doing this to better suit certain matchups, you'll need to learn how to adjust for this tournament.
If you are playing Zelda/Shiek and accidently transform, both players must stop and allow the Zelda/Shiek to transform back. If the Zelda/Shiek continues to fight after transforming, the match automatically goes to the opposing player. If the other player attacks the Zelda/Shiek while they are transforming back, the Zelda/Shiek player is given the match. Please keep both in mind while in matches like this. Those who try to abuse this rule will be dealt the same punishments. Honestly folks, it's not that hard to stay as Zelda/Shiek an entire match.

Bracket:
[INSERT BRACKET HERE]

Laser Tag Team Tourney

General Rules:

8 Minute Time Limit

All Characters are Legal

The allowed items are set to LOW

Legal stages: Hyrule Temple, New Pork City, Distant Planet, Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Green Greens, and Corneria

Banned tactics: IDC, glide stalling on Hyrule Temple and New Pork City, hit and run tactics on New Pork City and Hyrule Temple, walk off stage chain grabs (applies to Bridge of Eldin and Castle Siege)

Bracket:
[INSERT BRACKET HERE]

Barge's Tourney

General Rules:

3 stock

Best 2/3, and Finals 3/5

No Items

8 Minute Time Limit

Banned tactics: IDC, Planking, Stalling, Jigglypuff's Infinite Jump.

You pick 2 characters that you will use throughout the entire tournament, however you can only pick 2 from a certain group of your choice. See a list below for a completed list. You start off with a character of your choice, doesn't matter which one. If you win a round, you have to switch to your other character, if you lose you have the option of switching or not. However, you MUST win with both of your characters to advance.You must pick 2, and they both have to be from the same group.

The Bros.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser.
Yoshi
Wario

The Kongs
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

One Hit Wonders
Game and Watch
Captain Falcon
Pit

Man (and Marth) of Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike

The Pokemon
Pikachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff

The Kirby Clan
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Metroid Girls
Samus
Zero Suit Samus

Slave Drivers
Pokemon Trainer
Olimar
Ice Climbers

Sega and Crew
Sonic
Snake
ROB

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Earthbound boys
Lucas
Ness

WHERE DA HELL IS ROB!?

Bracket:
[INSERT BRACKET HERE]

Team Tourney

I'm growing lazier with each passing update of this...so:
3 stock
8 Minute Lime Limit
2/3 for all but Semis and Finals, which are 3/5
TA is on
SS is allowed.
Not items.

Poke Battles Tournament

Lazier yet....so:
8 Minutes
Pokeballs on Medium
Pokemon Characters Only
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 are the only stages allowed.
Best 2/3

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So... no me? :(
Awh. I should've joined earlier than December. Hope it goes well, Chacow.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You'll be invited, just wait for it. This is going to be a rather huge job for me, but for my last tournament. I'll readily take the work.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
gl chaco on your last tourney
i remember when u used to hold some team tourneys bck when the FMOI and boonfests were popular

Barge

All I want is a custom title
FMOI Better ****ing join this, I dont even care if he doesnt have wifi :mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We should totally have this offline, Glyph can pay for plane tickets + the venue.
Also, don't sass mods, Alex. That's infraction worthy. :mad:

*Tournament

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Great idea. To revive the OTL board and raise the spirits, hold a totally exclusive tourney.

;)

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Who wants window seats!? *fans out plane tickets*

I find it humorous that I normally close threads that look like this one, lol.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Oh no, looks like this is a one in a life time chance. Good luck in your hopefully successful tournament, Kyle. ^^

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We should probably wait until summer when everyone is home.
Agreed. Everyone seems too busy right at the moment anyways. I mean, it's been almost 3 weeks and I was only able to get 11 people for a mere 16 man tournament. *sigh* I remember the days where my 64 man tournaments would fill up in a few days. :laugh:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
When spelling shows even more failure thyn before.
well when i post i dont care about spelling unless its the op of a tourney thread i need to keep the spellling all perfect or something else important

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol, sounds like a jam.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I need around....8 volunteers. Well 7, I've drafted FMOI...wait 6, I drafted barge to.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Volunteers? I can help out, what do you need?

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is going to be a collob. of tournies, mini ones, bug ones, random ones, and junk. So I need lotsa volunteers. I'll get details up later. Be choosing random themes though. o_O

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I already have a few themes planned for future tournies I'll use for this one. :bee:
Sounds good.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You people should photoshop each other into one big family OTL picture.
I really like that idea actually. I also kind of want to make a sig like Lain; you know, the one that shows all the major Michigan players but this one would feature most of the major OTL players? The problem is that I kind of suck at sig making though...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Zomg, the cool OTL people should get a specially made sig for them <3 repping OTL and being awesome at the same time.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hmm... who here's the expert with sigs? And would be willing to make one for all of us? :laugh:

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Maybe some elves will do it or something. Lets just wait and see.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I think I saw that in a movie or something though...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh really? I'm not a fan of elves. Can't say I am.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I could make it! Or at least try to, anyways. :o I'll have to mess around some more to find some cool effects in GIMP.

Who would be the cool people in OTL?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Lawl, sig elfs. What an awesome concept.

EDIT:
This is going to be a collob. of tournies, mini ones, bug ones, random ones, and junk. So I need lotsa volunteers. I'll get details up later. Be choosing random themes though. o_O
O_O!
...lol

FINISH HIM!!!

I make myself laugh too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom