• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak, why am I scum over dumb ?
Because you don't strike me as dumb, and the super-push on Ryu (in which you wanted EVERYONE to vote him, and would have ended in a Ryu lynch) HAD to be deliberate, as you tried to justify it three times with the same horrible reason.

At this point, I think that a Rake Ryu team is very improbable and if one flips town, I'll read the other scum.

I'm sticking to my guns and saying that Rake is scum.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
It was never there, I didn't know what it did til the night phase.

the Call phone was not told to me til the night phase.
OH. Wait no, I get it now and this is nothing.

When you were referring to "Call phone or something" you meant "or something" on the name of the ability that let you speak. I'd been reading it as a totally different ability in addition that you weren't sure the role of and been wondering why you didn't ask and also couldn't just look it up in your PM.

Ignore all of that, I'm an idiot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
im really strapped for time rushing to prepare for camping and leaving first thing in the morning

deadline is Sunday at 6 so I'll be back in town in time to swing my vote where it's needed

would prefer rake or spak lynch as those are low impact lynches that would help me piece together a lot of connections

V/LA until Sunday

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Think J is scum right now? Or Rake?
The two cent version is I'd prefer to stay on Rake because my heart of hearts wants the scenario between you two resolved as soon as possible for D3 and it's looking very unlikely that's going to happen through your lynch from thread's pov. (And if I'm going to be honest, a fair portion of my personal dislike was wrapped up in thinking you were still hand waving extra abilities when I just wasn't reading your sentence structure correctly)

I would not be the least cut up if J or Spak was lynched instead though.

I read J's wall as best as I could, but all I got is that he has the major OMGUS angle going against Dancer and has spun us into it for timing reasons, and in Dancer's rebuttal wall for some reason Dancer is okay with this as reasoning. He hasn't done anything interesting before or since to make him want me to stay and putting us in with Dancer doesn't make me care more. And no matter how I slice it Spak's 1274 is courtroom stenography, not content. I think a lot of us would be comfortable with hils lynch, but I'd rather not since at this point it gives us very little on a flip.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Which you never followed up on and then proceeded to bandwagon on Rake's stuff zero questions on the matter.
You had already stonewalled all approaches on it with "I had no reads, I told you I had no reads, I don't know my role or anything", there was literally nothing to do with you after Rake came in but before you did but vote with him for support to get the full claim, so I did. I already wanted you dead.

Literally everything after you came in from then has been discussed between us. I do not think this is in any way unclear.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Bleugh.

Can someone point me to Watt's take on Ryu/Rake. I'm seeing it mostly ignored in a light skim of this page.
You're kidding right?

You already know all there is to know on our (or at least my) take on Ryu/Rake. I wrote a big wall about it, and you responded to it, and I quote:
The ****ing indy scare is ******** and I wanted to harp on it when I got home.
Friend to Friend you are lucky as hell Laundry crystal balled you, because without that your ass would be grass, and I don't think a single person in thread would argue against it.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
After reading your big post i think you are right. I was over zealous, and after everything today im gonna let go of ryu

unvote

In other news, i really liked J's wall, I thought it was really well put together in terms of how he drew his connections. I just don't think WaTT and dnacer are together.

I feel like J's argument against dancer just outlines what J doesn't like about Dancer as well as some arguably scummish points. it didn't really feel though like Dancer was scummy for it. Like, it was good, but it didn't make me feel swords was more scumy than the town lean i gave him for how he handled J d1.

Can someone give me a one liner as to why J really thinks Dancer is scum ? Because i felt like J just expected me to reach that conclusion with his post but i kinda didnt

:059:
The one were you went through the role stuff ?

It just didn't speak to me the same way. DOn't get me wrong I liked yours but like I said before, i'm really stubborn, laundry just kicked through the wall you had been battering at i suppose.

Also, can you summarize why J dislike dancer for me. I read the wall but i honestly can't remember and it's bugging me because like i said i remember it not convincing me but i might have glazed over the point J was making.

Also, how do you feel about Laundry defending me

:059:

I'm willing to see that Ryu can be left alone I suppose. I still have reservations but im more willing now then I was at day start or before to see through my hazey blood scent hunt down of ryu
I don't understand why you keep saying you liked J's wall if you also say you don't see the point of it wrt actual conclusions and content. And why aren't you asking J directly instead of asking other people their theory on J's motivations?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Alright, that's as much as I can do atm. I'll try to be back Friday night but no promises, it'll be a long day.

I want to see more from J, including about the item, and more from Rake/Laundry vs Ryker, and why Orbo thinks Rake is okay before I make decisions.

I will for sure be back Saturday either way.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ #HBC | J #HBC | J Can you elaborate on your read on WATT? Your wall there explains why you dislike Dancer, but have WATT mainly there for the timing on his votes, What if Dancer is town, would you still consider WATT scum?
My read on WATT is that I find him scummy. A lot of my WATT read is reliant on DancerScum and vice versa. If Dancer were to flip scum, I would pull back a bit on my read on WATT and re-evaluate. The thing about WATT that I do not like is that his play reeks of opportunism. His vote record proves that much.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jeez, give me time, I'm going individually here haha.

And if you ignore that to your own laziness than that's your own fault. I put a ton of work into that and quoted/cited evidence. You should read it.

Regardless, the reason I find Swords scummy is that his pushes this game have been passive and also fence sitty. He has not made a move himself this game and is comfortable to sit in the background and let other people do the legwork for him. TownSwords is a much bigger force to be reckoned with and this game Swords is reading 100% different then his meta persists. However, Swords also has admitted to this and has agreed that his play "from his persepctive" is bad. Another thing that annoys me is that he has not given a single scum-read toDay after responding to my post and decided to take me off his scumdar after my approach to him which makes it look to me he is trying to placate me into not combating him further. I think Swords is scum and I stand by that fact.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Plus the connection theory to WATT has evidence and it makes me believe my theory is correct even moreso.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
and before someone tells me it was needed,
Jeez, give me time, I'm going individually here haha.

And if you ignore that to your own laziness than that's your own fault. I put a ton of work into that and quoted/cited evidence. You should read it.

Regardless, the reason I find Swords scummy is that his pushes this game have been passive and also fence sitty. He has not made a move himself this game and is comfortable to sit in the background and let other people do the legwork for him. TownSwords is a much bigger force to be reckoned with and this game Swords is reading 100% different then his meta persists. However, Swords also has admitted to this and has agreed that his play "from his persepctive" is bad. Another thing that annoys me is that he has not given a single scum-read toDay after responding to my post and decided to take me off his scumdar after my approach to him which makes it look to me he is trying to placate me into not combating him further. I think Swords is scum and I stand by that fact.
It is your fault as a wrighter when you bog down your audience with information they don't need and they lose interest. In mafia you want to be convincing, writing a wall is not convincing if I lose interest and many other may have.

Granted I have legit ADD but that is besides the point.

Pro tip from me who has tried to get better as one for websites.

I'll consider the rest of this though....let me sleep on it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I accept laziness fault, but that is something as a writer and person to appeal to others you gotta do for mafia.

kinda just the truth of it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ryu, do not take this the wrong way, but I know how to write for mafia. I've been doing it for 4-5 years now.

Different philosophies for different folks.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu, do not take this the wrong way, but I know how to write for mafia. I've been doing it for 4-5 years now.

Different philosophies for different folks.
I don't, but even I believe I think you gotta write better for your audience in some way. I do not think you did before.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*shrug* I'm made a lot of changes to appeal to DGames audience, but at this point I play mafia for fun. My other sites don't have a problem and it's just this one so I'm okay with it.

Can't please everyone.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Pg. 25 irony. WW vs. RR walls battling each other. Then when me and Dancer do it, we are shamed.

But that's none of my business, correct?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Maven89 Your questions from D1 and literally your same questions from D2. "Did you read the thread?" and my answer is I skim-read D1. I take D1 at surface value and I stand by the fact that your play is self-absorbed and you haven't been really looking at anyone else, but me for opposing you in D1. Your biggest thing you find scummy from me is "my ignorance in answering your questions" which isn't true at all. I do respond to your questions when I come into the thread and I feel even in my big post that I commented on you in detail giving my reasons as to why I was switching off of finding you scummy to finding Swords more scummier. I also feel RR is a scum-lean which also makes me think you are more likely to be town>scum if RR were to flip scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Honestly speaking:

vote: J

This is the problem child of that pool of players because he singlehandedly divides them and having his flip on the table allows me to determine who falls where. If he is Mafia, I think that Spak has to be his partner on one hand and Kantrip or even arguably Maven (I think that's farfetched but this is entertaining a scenario where J does flip mafia). If he doesn't, then I think it's better to investigate Wot and Dancer immediately as I think he did have something on those two slots (even if his Maven read is garbage). I also think it'd be quite telling given how he seems rather confident there's only two mafiats this game.

:186:
I am so sad, but this post is honestly the best post against me and I have no retort really. I'm sad because I wanted to disprove it. Logically, this is a sound argument to lynch me, but the only one so far is the fact that I am such an enigma where it is half/half where people fall on my slot. If I am lynched, then please pile-drive WATT/Dancer to the ground.

That's not saying I want to be lynched/expect to be toDay, I am just saying WL has a good reason that actually makes sense.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I still have no change in reads still. The wagon on me hasn't changed besides Ryu vote and WL vote which are *shrug* at best. WL posted reasoning, Ryu is using me as a placeholder, Maven/Fanny's been on me since D1. I also have no questions honestly because I am watching this WL vs. Ryker about Rake/Ryu and wanting to see where this comes in because I am having my eyes peered at those who have been just "commenting" on it.

I also want @#HBC | Dancer to come in with a scum-read/opinion on the Rake/Ryu situation.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Pg. 25 irony. WW vs. RR walls battling each other. Then when me and Dancer do it, we are shamed.

But that's none of my business, correct?
Back to this I walled Laundry for a reason, to get him, as a town read to understand me not to lynch him like I did with swords.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ryu haha, you do realize I was calling you out on your own hypocrisy correct? Not kidding, if you don't wanna read walls, don't post them. I'm more than happy to read walls that people have put work for.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
J if you are town, I can respect what you posted about swords, it made me think more about it.

Can you do similar 1 paragraph posts for other scum reads or interests?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Like you were trying'

Brewyu is dumb, regardless my point stands.

My walls were to reach an understanding, your walls were to convince the slot himself he was scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well the only other real scum-read I have is WATT:

WATT to me reads as opportunistic scum latching onto whatever seems to be the biggest topic and moving with the flow as to who is the stronger of the two pushes. Look at his vote onto the Rake situation for an example and his vote on me D1. Then also go into the fact that WATT has been leaving every option open. That is what I gain when looking at his FUD-Indy post on Rake vs. RR saying "Guys, BOTH of them could be scum!!!" which means he takes a side with voting Rake with Ryker/Spak, but then continues to say "RR can still be scum guys!" It looks more like WATT is searching for his next lynch candidate rather than his next scum-read. I do not trust him at all and would be okay with lynching him as well.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
My walls were to reach an understanding, your walls were to convince the slot himself he was scum.
No, not at all. My post was to justify my scum-read on Swords that I had substantiated yet. It was to cite evidence and show people that Swords was scum, not to show Swords he was scum, that would be fruitless to try and convince a slot themselves as scummy.

Top Bottom