• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Starting to like Spak a lot. I gave a like to his post about Kantrip on the last page because it's a good example of what I like to look out for as town-tells. A scumbag [or a newbie player] could've easily just thrown out some generic "A+ for the effort!"-read, call Kantrip town for it and be on the safe side of thing. Instead he's laying out quite a nuanced way of looking t things. I approve.

No, the scumteam would know whether or not you're scum and, unless there's an Indy, can likely assume you're town. More often than not, they can act like they have that knowledge.
OP confirms that there's an indy faction for all it's worth.

Not that it matters in the context of that specific post of yours but I still think it's worth pointing out regardless. We haven't had an indy in a long time.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, let's just agree to disagree then. I can't fault you for thinking that way but I think there's a lot of bad implications in it that I'd rather avoid if possible. At the vey least, can we agree that J wouldn't be a bad lynch toDay?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Starting to like Spak a lot. I gave a like to his post about Kantrip on the last page because it's a good example of what I like to look out for as town-tells. A scumbag [or a newbie player] could've easily just thrown out some generic "A+ for the effort!"-read, call Kantrip town for it and be on the safe side of thing. Instead he's laying out quite a nuanced way of looking t things. I approve.

OP confirms that there's an indy faction for all it's worth.

Not that it matters in the context of that specific post of yours but I still think it's worth pointing out regardless. We haven't had an indy in a long time.

Really? Claiming a read off of catching up on a thread is like getting a participation award and pretending it was actually a thing. No-one, even the newest scum would do such a thing. Basing a strong read off that is ridiculous.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rosie, mind summing up your scum reads? Your posts tend to be long and cover a lot of subjects and quotes that aren't necessarily elated to one another. It's kinda hard to see where your head's at right now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Really? Claiming a read off of catching up on a thread is like getting a participation award and pretending it was actually a thing. No-one, even the newest scum would do such a thing. Basing a strong read off that is ridiculous.
Yeah, except that's totally not true.

It's not a rare thing to happen that somebody is let off the hook - not that Kantrip actually was in such a position - for making a couple of reasonable catch up posts. Especially newer players are often inclined to just see the posts and go "yeah, I agree with this" and read it as pro-town right away.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Guys stop posting and let me catch up pls.

Also computer is slow so I'm lazy with my formatting/references, sorry about that in advance.

So do you think Rake is scum then?

Agreed.

Watt quoted this in his 317 and it's something that escaped my attention until now. Maybe I'm being relentless here but I do think it's another good example of forced content from J's part.

@#HBC | Laundry : I understand your meta reasoning for not pushing J based on his lack of content but what do you think of his content produced so far? That's what I'm really interested in.

Mang this computer is actually so annoyingly slow that I'm going to relocate to finish this catch up. Be back in like an hour or so.
personally orbo doesnt at this time. Rake makes **** up to sling at people regardless of alignment and it's something ive learned to deal with.
Ryker/Kantrip for the first one.

Narrowing that down/trying to figure that out.
even after kantrips entrance now?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
As for Spak, I'm not too sure anymore. He definitely seemed scum, and tbh his confession doesn't push too many of my buttons. But it is quite contrived, but it also feels like a get out of free card. So... he's still scum imo, but slightly weaker read now. But pretty much the same.
What about the confession seemed contrived? Was it just a gut feeling you got if you were reading it, or was it a certain portion of the confession? Do you really think that I would try making up a story after lying to the town got me a significant amount of votes early D1?
Oddly enough, it was the short posts that I liked the most. They seemed to pick on small details that a town mindset would focus on, and scums would ignore. It isn't particularly solid, but this earlier read has been reinforced, particularly by his push on me and his continuation on Spak.
Would you mind answering Kantrip's question that you quoted earlier in this post? You quoted three questions in a row, but only seemed to answer the last of the three.

Honestly, I think that Kantrip is a town lean at this point. So far, he seems to have put pressure on nearly everyone and has been scum hunting around quite a bit.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OK, let's just agree to disagree then. I can't fault you for thinking that way but I think there's a lot of bad implications in it that I'd rather avoid if possible. At the vey least, can we agree that J wouldn't be a bad lynch toDay?

I agree heavily with this.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
because at the time of my reply, to me, it wasnr a joke post. I just explained why above
Out of all votes on that phase, why did one in particular stuck out as the one that wasn't a joke?

Hard to differentiate early on in games.
Elaborate.

If there is no difference why is it a scum tell? Scum J is different to me and it becomes more apparent as the game goes on because lack of progress over the whole course.

If we singling out unhelpful, why J and not others? Raz does this same stuff til like day 3.

If it weren't for meta I would agree to push J to post more, here not so much I do not think it's a strict tell he is scum unless there is more to it than what has done so far.
Raz isn't playing (made that mistake earlier lol) so that's not exactly relevant. Plus Raz's stick is that he overly inactive UNTIL phase 3, so there's really nothing to base his actual content on until he starts posting.

J HAS been posting, he just has been posting lots of fiuff and filler.

Whoever asked me about Fandangox: He's done the safe thing which is town read me, but all those nulls seem forced to me, I know it's early but you've got to at least have a feel one way or another from my pov, even if it's just slight. I often associate being safe with being scummy but I honestly can't recall Fanny's playstyle, I think he's posted well and interacted but I want him to take more initiative to read into those nulls and make them town reads. It doesn't feel like he's going out of his way to interact with people or even pressure other people to get a better idea for them which just based on gut for me has me keeping an eye on him.
I am sorry, but how is Town reading you the safe thing? From whose perspective? If you were my only town read at that moment from anyone else's perspective is a lot different than yours. I tend to focus on who I think is the most likely to be scum, while I ask others to get reads out of them.

Don't exactly like WoTT getting frustrated over being pushed on minute points, especially because it's D1 and it's the process. My pressure is purely because I still don't like his actions and I'm still waiting for them to do something. Spak was dropped and now I can't even remember what they've done or said because they've been so background which, to be fair, I know Orbo's away alot but WoTT is alot more proactive and interactive as town and it just feels like WoTT's got this shell around them where they expect to coast or not provide and have people just be okay with it.

I also don't know why WOTT objectively can't see why I am pressureing them, but that on it's own is a null tell. I'd like to see WoTT do something and actually stick their neck out before I'll take my vote off

Roselina seems Ok ? Really don't know How to feel about the slot as the opinions seems very short and sweet. I'd really like to see the slot take a more agressive stance on the scum reads though, just saying : well I'm ok with J and WaTT and whatever else doesn't progress the game because their the only two wagons to happen.

Someone should tell me whether the slot is worth worrying about D1.

Fanny, what do you think \?

Which slot, Rosa? I don't think its worth worrying about Rosa D1, their push against Spak has the same reasoning behind my push against J, so I can see where they are coming from.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I'm really conflicted on Spak. I admire the attempt at honesty but I don't know why he felt the need to make his Maven vote seem more significant than it was. It was pretty clearly a random joke vote that when pushed on Spak decided to talk up as some big strategic move as if he was expected to be trying to get reads already. Reads as though he felt guilty for not having a better reason when people asked for it and fabricated one, but I actually think it makes him town.

Yeah I'm gonna go with town Spak.
My view on Spak boils down to this, even though he really hasn't been posting anything that would move the game, unlike J, I just get the impression this is like one of his first games. That said that he hasn't done anything worthwhile is still a cause of concern, just not for D1.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Out of all votes on that phase, why did one in particular stuck out as the one that wasn't a joke?

Elaborate.

Raz isn't playing (made that mistake earlier lol) so that's not exactly relevant. Plus Raz's stick is that he overly inactive UNTIL phase 3, so there's really nothing to base his actual content on until he starts posting.

J HAS been posting, he just has been posting lots of fiuff and filler.

I am sorry, but how is Town reading you the safe thing? From whose perspective? If you were my only town read at that moment from anyone else's perspective is a lot different than yours. I tend to focus on who I think is the most likely to be scum, while I ask others to get reads out of them.

Which slot, Rosa? I don't think its worth worrying about Rosa D1, their push against Spak has the same reasoning behind my push against J, so I can see where they are coming from.

It was an analogy comparison.

Regardless, the fluff and filler is a J thing, I do it as well to add myself into the game.

If you mean overall worthless, I don't agree since I do see some content there. I do not expect a large push until d2 from him either way.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
It's not a question of scumplay or townplay. It's the fact that it's coinflip play. That's why I'm hesitant to lynch him. He's not doing anything, sure, but he has a history of pulling this stunt as either alignment and AtEing his way out of it or, on the occasion he pushes it too hard, perishes. In fact, in my very last game I played with him, he pulled this **** and got lynched D1 for it. It's very lynchable behavior, I've never called that into question, it's just that he, for some reason, thinks is a reasonable strategy as a townie.

:186:
There's a difference between not doing anything and generating filler content to SEEM like you are doing anything. He's been consistently posting, but he is not really doing anything with it. Who do you think is a worthwhile D1 Lynch?

It was an analogy comparison.

Regardless, the fluff and filler is a J thing, I do it as well to add myself into the game.

If you mean overall worthless, I don't agree since I do see some content there. I do not expect a large push until d2 from him either way.
What content?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord

Elaborate.
Because accusing someone of something when not having a role pm stuck out to me
J plays the same as both alignments d1. Its safe play for scum, yeah, but because he does it as town he usually ends up getting off woth it

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Because accusing someone of something when not having a role pm stuck out to me
Okay let me rephrase the question, Considering the point the game was at that moment (i.e literally just started) What made you think it was an actual accusation and not a joke?

J plays the same as both alignments d1. Its safe play for scum, yeah, but because he does it as town he usually ends up getting off woth it
What do you make of J's content so far then? How does it compare to his other D1s

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Okay let me rephrase the question, Considering the point the game was at that moment (i.e literally just started) What made you think it was an actual accusation and not a joke?

What do you make of J's content so far then? How does it compare to his other D1s
Alcohol. Literally.
I think its null, dietz obvs didnt like it. Personally i think j is easiest to read late d2/d3 once **** has gotten rolling and he opens up a bit

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It's safe cause all the cool kids are doing it. From the perspective of your reads list that I remember only had me as anything over a null in terms of town leans. The reason it's worth mentioning is because I'm a very easy townread to give out because no one is going to ask you why you are doing it

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Vote Maven

Wott can be lelft alone for a bit. I think I got at least some of what I wanted. Don't exactly love his lynchpool but I don't think Ryu's worth the time. Willing to lend support to this wagon to see where it goes

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So I don't see what's wrong with Ryu that people suddenly want to lynch him.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Gun to head probably ryu
Actual answer-one of thise three. Want to talk to dietz and figure which he wants
What makes Ryu a good D1 Lynch for you?

It's safe cause all the cool kids are doing it. From the perspective of your reads list that I remember only had me as anything over a null in terms of town leans. The reason it's worth mentioning is because I'm a very easy townread to give out because no one is going to ask you why you are doing it

It was still an early phase of D1, at that point people that had lots of posts still could swing either way for me, like Laundry and Ryu and your slot is obviously town from my pov, what else do you want me to do, to not townread a slot I see is town for the sake of.... something? I at least went on and explained some of my nulls too.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
What makes Ryu a good D1 Lynch for you?

It was still an early phase of D1, at that point people that had lots of posts still could swing either way for me, like Laundry and Ryu and your slot is obviously town from my pov, what else do you want me to do, to not townread a slot I see is town for the sake of.... something? I at least went on and explained some of my nulls too.
Lotta what laundry pointed to and lack of a generally accepted lynch by town

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So lynching is set for high noon (or 3:00 PM for us in Eastern Time) on Friday, so we should probably be narrowing down the list of people to be lynched. I don't have any obvious scum reads at the moment, but I'm feeling Ryker if he doesn't post anything by Friday morning/Thursday night.

So far, I've seen a lot of Ryu and J votes, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably go J. The whole "sacrificing a town slot" thing that Maven pointed out seemed like it might have been a poorly-thought out response that was trying to say that J was being accused for his playstyle, but it is the only scummy thing I've sniffed out of her (other than the filler, of which I am guilty of as well.)
You essentially said "If i'm lynched for my playstyle so be it, i'll let that be the consequence", which would be purposefully getting a town slot killed, if you were town. which makes no sense. or you're scum hoping to scare off people pushing you to interact more by saying you'll refuse it even if it kills you, which would then be the only option left

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
*him. That woman profile pic that was there for a decently long time threw me off as to J's gender. Sorry.

Maven89

Smash Master
really dislike more his bloodlust for J.
Before everyone left the wagon I was really hoping we could get enough votes on him that J would play

@Maven talk about rake
Town

Kantrip's posts are the first time I've seen the WoTT scum push spelled out in a way that made sense to me. I still believe it's too little of a point in the first place to lynch a person on, but put Wott just outside of a minor scum lean.

I still think Maven's townie but his J push (and the precedent he set for it with the Ryker push) have me skeptical. I'm not sure why he's pushing there when he accurately pinned Ruy on a good point. He had a golden opportunity and left it alone (hell, gave Ruy a pass for it) in favor of pushing alpha Ryker and later ****lord J. I think if Ruy flips scum, this is the first read to drop.
Just gonna point out that my ryker post had nothing to do with J, and I'm not even sure how you connected the two at all. Otherwise I still stand by what I said before about Ryu, I still don't think that alone was enough to vote him on, I mean all things considered Ryu could have just been confused. Trying to pin me to his slot if he's scum because I was the first person to bring him up but then didn't spend the entire rest of the game focusing on it, and actually posted about other things (I never cleared Ryu) doesn't make sense. It's an unreasonable standard to say the fact that I didn't vote for him then (when no one did even when I brought it up) somehow means me, out of everyone else, is scum.

And I've never played a game with J before, all I know is everyone was so happy to have him be their moderator, so I was expecting him to put in effort. Not coast to the point that he'd let everyone lynch him just so he can sit in his corner. If you guys weren't clamoring that he always plays like this I'd be shocked at the fact he's not being lynched. Since it's apparent really he doesn't' care at all about what happens to him, and everyone else insists he always does this no matter what, I'm fine with letting him sit in his special snowflake room while the rest of us play the game. If it continues into Day 2 I'm going to bring it up again.

Just want to state that I don't think scum with half a brain would push Spak after Laundry was done doing so. I don't recall at what point it happened exactly but I'm pretty sure I remember sensing the pressure fading off of Spak until eventually it became popular consensus that he was town.
This is a really good point

If there is no difference why is it a scum tell? Scum J is different to me and it becomes more apparent as the game goes on because lack of progress over the whole course.
Please tell me what scumJ's meta is.

Please no one else answer this

Current reads

Town+town leans: Rake, Spak, Kantrip
Scum leans: Ryu, J
Everyone else null

I think if Ryker doesn't post today he should be replaced, I don't know him well but from what I do know him lurking is probably him just not playing instead of a playstyle. If we can replace him I'd rather do that then policy lynch.

This is just a quick catch up, didn't get to really check up much at all yesterday, I'm noticing now that players like Gheb and Fandango (despite how much he's posted) have slipped past me most of the times in my reasd, and the WoTT thing is honestly something that makes my eyes glaze over when I start to read it, i'll touch on this later when I come back

Kantrip

Kantplay
not really. tbh, I wouldn't even call what I had on Watt as a scum read, more of just I wouldn't mind if he was lynched as much I would a random person.

I'm not actually too sure what question this is. Mind quoting it?
As for Spak, I'm not too sure anymore. He definitely seemed scum, and tbh his confession doesn't push too many of my buttons. But it is quite contrived, but it also feels like a get out of free card. So... he's still scum imo, but slightly weaker read now. But pretty much the same.
As for how I'm going to lynch him... I actually have no idea. I get that I'm supposed to ask questions, but I have no questions to ask him. Any I may have had have been answered, and we've reached an impasse I've no idea how to breach.

:(

I don't feel like I'm in a position to comment on this. If it weren't for everybody else's comments about his meta, I would say he's playing anti-town. He's essentially floating by but still generating 'content'. But... everyone says this is his normal play, it's his meta yada yada yada, and I have absolutely no experience with him. I can only take what the other's say at face value.

Oddly enough, it was the short posts that I liked the most. They seemed to pick on small details that a town mindset would focus on, and scums would ignore. It isn't particularly solid, but this earlier read has been reinforced, particularly by his push on me and his continuation on Spak.
You quoted my question without answering it.

Maven89

Smash Master
forgot to Unvote
Thats not talking about him thats a statement :/
Tell me why
Rake is the most active at scumhunting in this entire game, he's throwing out wide nets by asking questions to almost everyone but then narrows them down to specific issues which he explains and then tries to draw other people into the discussion, none of it feels forced or mischievous and the trick questions he asks also seem real to me. All in all he's acting incredibly pro-town and with nothing against him he's a full town read.

So I don't see what's wrong with Ryu that people suddenly want to lynch him.

How do you not when you're on board with the J lynch?

This seems like a really, really minor reason to move someone up to "like them a lot".

All Spak did was congratulate Kantrip for catching up, to where he was then asked if catching up was a town or scum action, the guy said it was neither and said Kantrip was just commenting on the game (he was asking questions too), and suddenly Gheb claims this makes him "really like" the slot?

Then his explanation to Rosa just comes off horribly simplified, he's basically saying that since Spaks didn't fall into an easy newbie trap he has to be town, when I agree with Rosa the trap was pretty obvious the second Rake phrased it.

I agree with Gheb on his J points

haven't caught up on fandango yet

Top Bottom