• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reversal Mechanics

|RK|

Smash Marketer
How did I forget

To show this to you guys?

The Marth's figured this out a while back,

And I figure that this will greatly help our grab game, as

We retreat after doing a longer grab.

This could possibly slide us the necessary extra distance to

An edge to Ninja Spike, and I have a guess

That's probably crazy, but I want to test out it's Kirbycide properties.

I mean, maybe it allows us to continue our slide backwards whilst doing a throw if we do it

Quickly enough.

IDK.

Anyways, the link to the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231916

EDIT: There is a chance that Kirby is unable to do this according to a list of characters that can and can't do this.

However, I will still check and do some testing.

In the case that Kirby cannot do this,

We have at the very least knowledge

That other characters can.

Like MK.
:kirby2:

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
Great find!

i just tried it out with kirby, heres what i found out.

A: kirby can indeed do it, though compare to MK and Marth the space he slides is embarrassing, But he does slide!

B:maybe im doing a pivot grab? XD it looks very similar, but there is a slide

ill get vids up later

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Great find!

i just tried it out with kirby, heres what i found out.

A: kirby can indeed do it, though compare to MK and Marth the space he slides is embarrassing, But he does slide!

B:maybe im doing a pivot grab? XD it looks very similar, but there is a slide

ill get vids up later
Does he slide to behind where he was when he started the dash? If he does, Ninja Spiking just became a hell of a lot less situational (still situational though). That could make Lylat an awesome counter on almost any char for kirby...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Geez his sliding is pitiful. So hard a technique for so pitiful a slide...

|RK|

Smash Marketer

It turns out that

As I had previously assumed

These reversal mechanics can indeed be used

For other tricks

The Falcos, by using these mechanics,

Have found a way to do a reverse boost smash

We can apply this

To our attacks as well

I had assumed,

And correctly,

That this happens to use

The same mechanics as RARing

Or a momentum shift

I wonder what else we can do with this...?

Maybe some insane combos?

Or more?

|RK|

Smash Marketer

The momentum shifts. It can be done with other moves as shown by the Falcos. We could possibly use this with laggier moves. Sadly though, it isn't as useful as us as for other characters. Our slide sucks.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
hmm havent thought about that, ill begin testing. though it may seem useless right now it could be a small stepping stone for something.

Kirby 89

Smash Rookie
Although the slide is pitiful, it could still be enough of a momentum boost to take kirby and his opponent over certain ledges in the game with his up-throw, greatly expanding the ninja-spike tech. I think we should learn the AT and apply it to the Ninja-spike to see what happens.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Please forgive me if I'm not understanding correctly, but I looks like the slide is in direct proportion with how much Kirby would usually slide from using a pivot grab or boosted pivot grab after dashing. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply use one of those?

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
i think this is how the mechanic works, kirby uses the pivot momentum for the slide, think of it as b-sticking a pivot grab, therefore i'm going on a hunch and saying this cant really be applied to anything else.

after testing i stumbled on something kinda useful. not really though

As yall know, kirby has 2 grab animations, one standard, one dashing. as i was doing this i had kirby do a pivot dashing grab. how is this useful? well use it like a yoshi or lucas uses their pivot grab, it has a huge grab range. Basically bait them or lure them to chase after you and use the pivot dash grab.

^ im pretty sure this is known, but its news to me and i think its pretty useful

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
You can do the pivot grab and it adds a little extra range to the grab, but I'm not so sure how useful this could be. I guess we need to wait a few months until they discover the pivot grab equivalent of that whiffed glide toss thing where you slide really far (which also lets peach pseudo-wavedash).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm not even going to try to interpret what the OP says until he stops trying to type like it's a poem.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
That's something you guys need to be talking to him about in PMs/VMs. This thread is not the place for it. If you aren't going to contribute because of his posting habits, then don't post at all here. Sigh.

Top Bottom