• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

kupo15

Smash Hero
Good luck Foxy! I hope things go well! I can't wait for the vids and stuff. First ever b+ tourney vids.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Omg, Flamingo, you're not supposed to report bros. It's a real ***** move.

You don't want people to think you're a *****, do you?
Not just any *****, but a gay one.

Come to Foxy's and Pichu/G&W ditto me and I'll forgive you... maybe

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
2 hours prior to the event? lol I could've maybe helped you out had you mentioned it earlier :<
Well give me yo #. I live 15 minutes away from him. It's no stretch... Alex knows where I live.

Omg, Flamingo, you're not supposed to report bros. It's a real ***** move.

You don't want people to think you're a *****, do you?
Not just any *****, but a gay one.

Come to Foxy's and Pichu/G&W ditto me and I'll forgive you... maybe
qft G&W ditto's are awesome.

Flamingo, I want to know if you actually reported Bills account, being that it's obvious everyone took it over for fun and more than one person was posting on it. If not, then awesome. If you did, in the future don't report a bro for silly things like posting multiple times in a row.

Foxy

Smash Master
i got an infraction for my awesome post in the locator thread, sweet

so yeah, pretty much everything is set up, got tio ready, the brawl+ stage list, items to set up brawl+ on wiis... gonna be good, folks.

and lol i bet like 10 people are going to miss the multiple signs and still ring the doorbell for the front door

oh well.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Basically, I've been saying this everywhere, and everyone who's heard the rant will just say I'm a whiny *****, and I am. But seriously, don't cut hitlag in half. It's dumb, doesn't really improve the game at all, and destroys ZSS's most fun aspect. Seriously, I think the biggest issue in the Brawl+ codeset is a lack of temperance in considering what actually is a problem with Brawl, and what is just a unique aspect of the game.

Shoutouts:
DH: Dude, you asked me to play Melee, and I just peaced. That wasn't cool of me, bro. You probably deserved it, because you're Dark Hart, but I can't be sure.
Ace: Thanks for the ride. You're probably one of the coolest broddies in NC.
Karn: Dude, I suicided so much, man. I'm sorry, bro. :(
Stingers: Nice ZSS. It's interesting to see what someone does with the character in Brawl+ without carrying over the habits from Brawl that are good there, but bad in the new game.
Foxy: I left my energy drinks there, man. I made like three bucks off of them or something. Matt stole one.
MalK: You stole my energy drink, bro. Why would you do something like that. It's always fun hanging out at these things with you, buddy.
Vilt: McDonalds food run for life man. Ganon, too. That guy's so cool.
Mask: Much bro love, man. Your Falcon is so cool.
Behr: Biiiiig diiiiiiiick.
PP: Too good. Even though any tournament you're at is a lost cause for everyone else involved, I still love going to them because you're just too cool.
Kid 2: I wish I could have played your Ganon, even though I would have probably gotten destroyed.

Revven

FrankerZ
Basically, I've been saying this everywhere, and everyone who's heard the rant will just say I'm a whiny *****, and I am. But seriously, don't cut hitlag in half. It's dumb, doesn't really improve the game at all, and destroys ZSS's most fun aspect. Seriously, I think the biggest issue in the Brawl+ codeset is a lack of temperance in considering what actually is a problem with Brawl, and what is just a unique aspect of the game.
I dunno why kupo went back to half hitlag, ZSS worked perfectly fine with 60% hitlag. Also, hitlag makes combos look more fluent and makes the game faster kinda like Melee was when moves hit. It just feels better IMO.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Did you read my response where it actually puts skill back into DI again and we can probably exempt ZSS's stun moves from the code?

What exactly is wrong with a lower hitlag for ZSSs stuns? I tried it myself and I see no problem.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Did you read my response where it actually puts skill back into DI again and we can probably exempt ZSS's stun moves from the code?

What exactly is wrong with a lower hitlag for ZSSs stuns? I tried it myself and I see no problem.
In fact, I did, and I responded. You see no problem, because as you admit, you haven't spent the last year developing ZSS's metagame from the ground up. It's a principle thing. ZSS mains toiled most of the last year trying to develop as many set-ups for the dsmash as possible, because the move is so janky and hard to land against good players. And it's entirely because the reward for landing it was the best in Brawl, but is actually no better or worse than much easier means of setting up combos in Brawl+. In fact, in the current settings, I'd say it's actually worse than dtilt or jab combo in terms of usefulness as a punishment.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
By the way, none of the guys that really has a chance of winning this has much of a Falcon in Brawl+. Karn is going Yoshi/Squirtle, Zero's going Lucario/?, Stingers is going ZSS/Wario, and if PP is participating (I don't remember), he's just going Marth.

Winner of doubles was PP and Malk, going as Marth and Sheik/Ganon, respectively.

kupo15

Smash Hero
In fact, I did, and I responded. You see no problem, because as you admit, you haven't spent the last year developing ZSS's metagame from the ground up. It's a principle thing. ZSS mains toiled most of the last year trying to develop as many set-ups for the dsmash as possible, because the move is so janky and hard to land against good players. And it's entirely because the reward for landing it was the best in Brawl, but is actually no better or worse than much easier means of setting up combos in Brawl+. In fact, in the current settings, I'd say it's actually worse than dtilt or jab combo in terms of usefulness as a punishment.
Fine we will fix it. You don't have to bark at us. We never said "here is a completed brawl+ without changes" We also can't say "hey hacker, make this now." We don't get codes instantly....

geez
I couldn't get a ride Mr. Kupo. :mad:
D:

Top Bottom