• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

reminiscing in the good ol days

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
So I just recorded every match on the tape. Once I've gone through each vid in to cut out unnecessary footage and lower the volume (one of the complaints I got on BARLW), I'll go to sleep.

Then I'll start uploading tomorrow. I'll probably connect my laptop directly to the modem for MAXIMUM SPEED.

And then I'll make a thread about it. And Link you guys to it (oh man, I'm a pun master).

I'll even include rickrolls for game 3s that DON'T EVEN EXIST! YOU'LL BE ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT UNTIL THE VERY END FOLKS, BECAUSE YOU WON'T GO "oh he won game 1 its done"

Matches that were on the tape:

Cort vs Azen
Cort vs KevinM
Cort vs Mathos
Cort vs Skler
Cactuar vs N64
Cactuar vs Hitman
Cactuar vs Skler
Cactuar vs KevinM
KevinM vs Hitman
KevinM vs Mathos
KevinM vs Skler
Skler vs N64
Skler vs Hitman (About 2 stocks into the first game, then the tape ends)

So prepare yourselves, for tomorrow will forever be known as the day you saw

VIVA LA SMASHTACLYSM
......THE LOST TAPES.......

edit: **** the rickrolls, you guys are getting BARLWROLL'D

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
you know how I said they'd be up by tomorrow?

well, i guess i lied...

THEY'RE GOING UP RIGHT THE **** NOW

ARE YOU EXCITED I SURE AM OH MY GOD WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WHEN THAT LARGE HADRON COLLIDER GOES OFF TOMMOROW IT MIGHT BE THE END OF THE WORLD BUT WHO CARES VIVA LA SMASHTACLYSM THE LOST TAPES, COMING TO A DAZWA'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL NEAR YOU

D

Deleted member

i remember that link had the germ combo :\

now we have the jab lock....is that a fair trade?

Skler

Smash Master
Technically everyone has the jab lock (Link's is just better than most since he has good range on the jab to catch people). Poor Link.

Deva

Smash Lord
And the rang is a good setup :)

But yeah, ggz Skler. Awesome Link. My only cripe is your exessive use of the dair. It was punished often, but had it's moments as well.

Again, Jice job.

Skler

Smash Master
The moments are worth the punishes...sometimes. I guess I got a little carried away with it working a bunch of times, either that or sleep deprevation (johns).

HiIH

Smash Lord
I saw something in one of these vids I'd never seen before, that was a really great idea. A neutral air through someones sheild into an Up+B

Also, they were very nice. N64 just couldn't kill you in one of those matches Skler.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That's assuming that they drop the shield though... otherwise you're screwed. Wouldn't it be better to turn around and dsmash, to see if you can shieldstab them?

Deva

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever played at a decent level at any tournament due to sleep depravation lol. It's just too hard during a smashfest. But yeah. I noticed that too. By not fast falling the nair, Cort dropped his shield because it looked as if Skler would ff as usual but if he did he would have been shield grabbed. Instead, by moving without the fast fall out of range of the grab, he was able to land an up-b. Don't know if it was intentional or a missed ff, but it definately worked out in the end lol.

Skler

Smash Master
I don't think I wasn't playing well, I just like to blame mistakes on sleep deprivation (I never get enough sleep at tournies, but it's alright since it takes away any nervousness I might have). I pretty much always miss that many l-cancels, I've got no tech skill. The blatant dair abuse was just me being silly, it's really good for knocking people off of platforms though (it's also almost impossible to punish if they fall off the platform because they shielded an attack), and it wears down shields a lot. A lot of people try to hit me out of the dair so I throw it out every once in a while hoping it will at least trade.

As far as the nair -> spin attack goes Cort had been floating/jumping out of shield a bit (which is what Peach does all the time) so I just kind of guessed. It was basically just spacing and taking a guess based on his options.

Oh how I miss the days of staying awake for 48 hours because I was having so much fun. Hopefully I can make it to GA and do that **** again!

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't think I wasn't playing well, I just like to blame mistakes on sleep deprivation (I never get enough sleep at tournies, but it's alright since it takes away any nervousness I might have). I pretty much always miss that many l-cancels, I've got no tech skill. The blatant dair abuse was just me being silly, it's really good for knocking people off of platforms though (it's also almost impossible to punish if they fall off the platform because they shielded an attack), and it wears down shields a lot. A lot of people try to hit me out of the dair so I throw it out every once in a while hoping it will at least trade.

As far as the nair -> spin attack goes Cort had been floating/jumping out of shield a bit (which is what Peach does all the time) so I just kind of guessed. It was basically just spacing and taking a guess based on his options.

Oh how I miss the days of staying awake for 48 hours because I was having so much fun. Hopefully I can make it to GA and do that **** again!
Use more bombs *******.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Except Snake's C4 stick to utilt to C4 detonate kills you off the top at fifty =P

Once you get stuck, you're basically dead because there's no where you can run to that the utilt won't hit.

Skler

Smash Master
I was losing by 2 stocks once and did a backthrow to SKRAAAAAA! spike combo on a captain falcon at 0%. I almost had an epic comeback. Too bad those can never happen in brawl (due to the hit trading nature of the game) unless someone passes out from boredom.

Top Bottom