• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaking the Smash Bros. series from the ground-up!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Burrowing Snagret
  2. Kat & Ana

1. Joanna Dark
  2. Takamaru
282.png

Gardevoir
Works like in Smash.
393.png

Piplup
Works like in Brawl.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Gen 3: Sharpedo

This Pokémon will use Aqua Jet and Crunch for its moves

Gen 4: Drapion

This Pokémon will use Cross Poison as its main move.

Also voting for Sukapon, Burrowing Snagret, Takamaru and Kat and Ana

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Kat and Ana
Darknut

Little Mac
Sukapon

I’ll nominate Deoxys and Giratina, which work like their canon counterparts.
From Bulbapedia.From Bulbapedia.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Assists from series with fighters:
  • Kecleon - 1
  • Kat & Ana - 7
  • Burrowing Snagret - 8
  • Darknut - 4
  • Black Knight - 1
Assists from series without fighters:
  • Takamaru - 3
  • Nintendog - 2
  • Sukapon - 7
  • Little Mac - 2
  • Joanna Dark - 6
  • Villager - 1
Burrowing Snagret, Kat & Ana, Joanna Dark, and Sukapon have been added!

Gen 3 Pokémon:
  • Regirock
  • Pelipper
  • Gardevoir
  • Sharpedo
  • Deoxys
Gen 4 Pokémon:
  • Darkrai
  • Manaphy
  • Piplup
  • Drapion
  • Giritina
Vote for your top 2, with yours below 1st:

Gen 3 Pokémon:
  1. Regirock
  2. Gardevoir
Gen 4 Pokémon:
  1. Drapion
  2. Piplup
Discussion #10: Subspace Emissary roles and relationships
What roles would each of the fighters have in Brawl's Adventure Mode? What interactions would we see between the fighters? Please let me know which ones you think would make the most sense or be the most interesting!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  • Isaac could possibly take Ness's role, teaming up with Lucas and Pokemon Trainer
  • Lyn takes Marth's role in the Meta Knight \ Ike plot
  • Sami could probably appear around the same time as Snake and get an interaction with him
  • K. Rool take s Warios role as the one collecting trophies. Wario gets a different role
  • Ridley joins Bowser and Ganon as a main villain. Wolf appears as a Sub villain hired to take out the heroes
  • Chibi-Rob could take part in the Olimar \ Captain Falcon plot and possibly help free R.O.B.help
  • Midna and Ashley should be introduced around the same time because they're both gloomy magic users. Wolf Link and Normal Link should interact
  • Banjo should team up with Mario or the Kongs
  • Sonic should get more of an appearance before he shows up in the final fight

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Discussion #10: Adventure Mode
Okay, so for certain interactions, I was thinking about having some of them across levels that split based on which character you pick in 1v1 character fights. For example, if you picked Mario at the start, Kirby then becomes Pit’s first ally, and vice-versa.

Also, I was originally going to mention the idea of Marth, Lyn and Ike being a trio…but then I remembered Marth was cut. Along with several characters who have no right to be

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  • Isaac could possibly take Ness's role, teaming up with Lucas and Pokemon Trainer
  • Lyn takes Marth's role in the Meta Knight \ Ike plot
  • Sami could probably appear around the same time as Snake and get an interaction with him
  • K. Rool take s Warios role as the one collecting trophies. Wario gets a different role
  • Ridley joins Bowser and Ganon as a main villain. Wolf appears as a Sub villain hired to take out the heroes
  • Chibi-Rob could take part in the Olimar \ Captain Falcon plot and possibly help free R.O.B.help
  • Midna and Ashley should be introduced around the same time because they're both gloomy magic users. Wolf Link and Normal Link should interact
  • Banjo should team up with Mario or the Kongs
  • Sonic should get more of an appearance before he shows up in the final fight
Banjo and Kazooie joining together with the Kongs would be nice since they're Rare characters.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Gen 3 Pokémon:
  • Regirock - 3
  • Pelipper - 2
  • Gardevoir - 4
  • Sharpedo - 3
  • Deoxys - 3
Gen 4 Pokémon:
  • Darkrai - 3
  • Manaphy - 3
  • Piplup - 4
  • Drapion - 3
  • Giritina - 2
Gardevoir and Piplup have been added! Now, of the following Pokémon who've tied for second place for both jobs, vote for your top 3, with your submissions below 1st:
  • Regirock
  • Sharpedo
  • Deoxys
  • Darkrai
  • Drapion
  • Giritina
My votes are:
  1. Drapion
  2. Regirock
  3. Sharpedo
Job #78: Submit a first stage for Adventure Mode
Job #79: Submit a first boss for Adventure Mode

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #78 & 79: First Stage & First Boss
The first stage would be Midair Stadium, and it would be the same as canon. However, one major difference is that if you picked Mario for the first fight, Kirby would be knocked into Skyworld and Mario would accompany Zelda. If you picked Kirby, Mario is knocked into Skyworld and Peach accompanies Kirby.

The first boss would be Petey Piranha, but with way more to his arsenal (for a first boss, at least) compared to canon.
Job #32: Petey Piranha

Game of Origin: Super Mario Sunshine (2002)

What does this boss do?
  • Cage Swing: Petey attacks the player with a cage (13%, OK knockback) using either hand.
  • Head Bash: Petey bashes his head in either direction (11%, OK knockback), leaving him vulnerable for a small window of time.
  • Ground Pound: Petey puts his cages down and flaps his leaf hands and floats in the air for a few seconds. After being tired from floating so little distance into the air, he then slams onto the ground (14%, OK knockback) and grounds anyone who gets too close (28%).
  • Nipper Buddies: Petey spits out four Nipper Plants that continuously nip and hop (2.1% per nip, small knockback), but don’t cling to the player.
  • Poison Breath: Petey spits out a see-through purple poison cloud that slowly damages the player by 1-1.3%.
  • Fire Breath: Petey puts his cages down, and breathes fire down onto the ground that goes past his cages, covering nearly half the arena (22%, medium knockback)

After taking enough hits, Petey will tip over and struggle to get back up, leaving him vulnerable for a few seconds. When at half health, he roars and his attacks are faster and stronger.

Music: Airship Theme - Super Mario Bros. 3

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 78 & 79:
Gonna keep it the same with the Stadium and Petey Piranha having more attacks in his fight.

Perkilator Perkilator
I like your idea of having different choices depending on who you pick.

Can't wait to see how different our Subspace will be compared to the official version.

(I might as well submit a boss for Skyworld later on since there's a certain Legendary Pokemon I want to move there who was in a lake which I found strange)

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
  1. Deoxys
  2. Darkrai
  3. Sharpedo
Subspace:
I don't have much aside from Perkilator's one, I'm just waiting to figure out where we can put Sonic in earlier.

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
  • Regirock - 10
  • Sharpedo - 3
  • Deoxys - 10
  • Darkrai - 3
  • Drapion - 7
  • Giritina - 3
Regirock, Deoxys, and Drapion have been added! Also, it looks like everyone's in favor of Perkilator Perkilator 's nominations for the first stage and first boss of Adventure Mode, so that's what we'll be using!

Job #80: Submit a selection of enemies from the Super Mario series (including 1 assist trophy)

Job #81: Submit two/three Adventure Mode stages directly following up on the events of the first one (second boss optional)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 80: Mario Enemies
  • Goomba
  • Koopa
  • Hammer Bro
  • Bullet Bill
  • Piranha Plants
Job 81:
Level 2 = Skyworld

Everything would be the same but the level being more Kid Icarus themed and having enemies like Colins, Eeleyes, Octos, Puton Flys, and more.

You'll come across Kirby or Mario depending on who you chose in the first stage.

Level 3 = Sea of Clouds
Everything's the same except for one thing... a certain Legendary Pokemon appears at the end...

Boss: Rayquaza
600px-384Rayquaza_E.png

The mighty ruler of the ozone layer from Gen 3 is now a boss fight!

Instead of a lake, they'll be fought up in the clouds which fits better for it to be in.

Fight is the same from Brawl but with some of the attacks swapped and more added:
  • Dragon Tail - Rayquaza sweeps its tail across the ground.
  • Aireal Ace - Rayquaza ducks down and rushes to the other side of the stage.
  • Dragon Pulse - Rayquaza sends a ball of electricity in front of itself diagonally or lowers its head and sends the lightning orb in front of itself, which travels across the stage.
  • Air Slash - Rayquaza slashes the air sending blades of air towards you.
  • Thunder - Rayquaza flies up in a tight circle and hits you with a multi-hit lightning bolt
  • Twister - Rayquaza spins around fast to create a twister sucking you up.
  • Crunch - If too close, Rayquaza lunges and grabs you in his mouth biting down.
  • Hyper Beam - Rayquaza fires out a large beam and gets exhausted making you get a chance to attack.
At half health, Rayquaza gets more aggressive and uses its Hurricane move to make the sky all rough and windy.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Job 80:
  • Goomba
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Koopa Paratroopa
  • Hammer Bro.
  • Bullet Bill
  • Dry Bones
Job 81:
Level 2 - Skyworld

Similar to the actual level, it's more Kid Icarus-themed with Pit as the main playable character, before adding Mario/Kirby midway.
The enemy list would be:
  • Primids
  • Greap
  • Spaak
  • Roturret
  • Reapers
  • Monoeyes / Feyesh (one of the two)
Level 3 - Sea of Clouds
Pretty much the same as the base level, except the same enemies as mentioned from Skyworld.

Level 4 - Treasure Trove Cove (next chapter)
Depending on whether we decide the unlockables later, this is the first level where players can get an unlockable character, so Banjo and Kazooie would be like Marth in Brawl. This is where the first boss would appear, which would be...

I don't know, I'll edit it in later.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #81:

Stage 2: Skyworld

More closely resembles it’s Kid Icarus incarnation; starting out with Pit before adding Mario or Kirby later.

Stage 3A: Sea of Clouds
Another Kid Icarus-themed level with Peach and Kirby as the main party if you picked Kirby. But if you picked Mario…

Stage 3B: Mushroomy Kingdom
Even though this isn’t a playable stage like in canon, I still wanted an excuse to submit this as a Mario-themed Adventure stage. The main party here would be Mario and Zelda if you picked Mario. The level would be based on Worlds 1-1 and 1-2 from the original Super Mario Bros.; the player switches between the two and can end the level on either side.

Either way, both levels end with a confrontation against Rayquaza, as Mamboo07 Mamboo07 suggested.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job #81:

Stage 2: Skyworld

More closely resembles it’s Kid Icarus incarnation; starting out with Pit before adding Mario or Kirby later.

Stage 3A: Sea of Clouds
Another Kid Icarus-themed level with Peach and Kirby as the main party if you picked Kirby. But if you picked Mario…

Stage 3B: Mushroomy Kingdom
Even though this isn’t a playable stage like in canon, I still wanted an excuse to submit this as a Mario-themed Adventure stage. The main party here would be Mario and Zelda if you picked Mario. The level would be based on Worlds 1-1 and 1-2 from the original Super Mario Bros.; the player switches between the two and can end the level on either side.

Either way, both levels end with a confrontation against Rayquaza, as Mamboo07 Mamboo07 suggested.
For the Rayquaza boss fight in Mushroomy Kingdom, I imagine the skies getting dark and stormy and fight Ray on the roof of Peach's castle.

Edit: I remember there's 31 stages... It could be possible to add more, maybe.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Level 2: Skyworld - Pretty much the same except that Kirby was the one who was knocked from the arena into Skyworld, leaving Mario to face Petey Piranha on his own. The stage will resemble more of the NES game.

Level 3: Sea of Clouds - Same as original, except Pit join your team as well.

Mario Enemies:
Goomba
Koopa Troopa
Lakitu
Piranha Plant
Boo

As for bosses, I don't think we should have another yet.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Perkilator Perkilator
I'm thinking about having Rayquaza as a boss way much further later on instead of being early in Subspace.

Edit: Remember the Halberd levels where you fight Duon on the deck? Rayquaza should be there instead.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Perkilator Perkilator
I'm thinking about having Rayquaza as a boss way much further later on instead of being early in Subspace.

Edit: Remember the Halberd levels where you fight Duon on the deck? Rayquaza should be there instead.
Well, actually, I was thinking that fighting Rayquaza relatively early makes sense, because of the scene with the Arwing in the sky before the Sea of Clouds; that’s what I figured should foreshadow the boss battle against Rayquaza at the end.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well, actually, I was thinking that fighting Rayquaza relatively early makes sense, because of the scene with the Arwing in the sky before the Sea of Clouds; that’s what I figured should foreshadow the boss battle against Rayquaza at the end.
Instead of the Halberd shooting the Arwing down, a laser beam (Ray's Hyper Beam) comes out of nowhere from the clouds firing at it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I mean the idea of Meta Knight keeping Rayquza as a Pet as an idea I didn't know I wanted.
Having it as a pet seems weird.

More like a wild territorial animal unhappy with things in its area and provoked.
Eh…I guess we can say it was possessed by Shadow Bugs when its territory was invaded by the Halberd. After defeating it, the Shadow Bugs would leave its body and it would become an ally to the heroes.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Eh…I guess we can say it was possessed by Shadow Bugs when its territory was invaded by the Halberd. After defeating it, the Shadow Bugs would leave its body and it would become an ally to the heroes.
Sounds good to me, I imagine it'll join when things get serious near the end of Subspace or halfway through.

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
I realised I read the first job wrong, but I feel like I don't have any more ideas aside from the ones mentioned.
So I do feel like the next chapter should focus on the DK/Rare titles, we can add in Banjo, DK and Diddy and also K.Rool and/or Bowser.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I
I want both:
  • Subspace Enemies
  • Enemies from Nintendo franchises
As if they're working together to take over.
I think we can keep the base story, structure and villains of Su b space it just expand it with Nintendo elements

anyway I agree with everything that's been said and I like moving the Rayquza boss up to here. His canon spot could maybe be given to someone else. Our game is bigger already I think we could have two or three more bosses

Top Bottom