• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining Characters Unlockable Through Wii U Transfer

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Sorry.. I just like how people give someone that is hurt a hard time. but anyway. Was the Wii U transfer just confirmed to use the 3DS as a controller?
Its fine, but off-topic disuccsions should move to private messages to keep the board on topic ;)

It was confirmed that the 3DS can connect as a controller to the WiiU, but we doesn't know if that is the only thing it can do.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
He didn't ignore anyone though, He is the one that chose of what characters are going to be in the game WAY ahead in time. thats like a citizen getting pissed at a worker because in the building they wanted something in that the worker had NO intention of putting in. and why would you harp on sakurai even if he is hurt, thats cruel, so very cruel.
Life is a business that has required supply and demand. I don't mind if he adds characters out of left field. First he should hear what the audience wants. The 3 most wanted characters in smash 4 were megaman, Mewtwo, and ridley. He first got everyone hyped up with the megaman trailer. This mademail a lot of people including my self very happy and excited. As time went on he showed off other requested characters like little mac. Then the April direct...

In the April direct he showed a lot of returning characters and in the direct he showed ridley and didn't say his name or put out a sign he's not playable. This gave people false hope and when the full rosters was shown people hopes and dreams were crushed.

If he didn't want all the hate and request. Then he should have told the audience what his role was in the wiiU version and he wouldn't be getting so much hate.

This thread is showing that people still believe in ridley, Mewtwo and many other favorites. It makes me happy to see that people still have hope even when the game on the 3ds says "every character has unlocked."

I Hope ridley is playable he's been a request character for about 15 years now of course people will be upset if he didn't make it in. People are more upset that they have been given false hope.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
There is a text in the...text dump of the 3DS which has the same words as the "Shop" from Mario Kart 8...so...DLC Shop confirmed?

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I still think that at least one hype based character is being held in check for the Wii U release. Whether as a free DLC or not I don't know. Mewtwo seems the most likely, though I personally hope for Ridley. But more than one would be even better. We'll see if I'm right in time, I guess.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
I still think that at least one hype based character is being held in check for the Wii U release. Whether as a free DLC or not I don't know. Mewtwo seems the most likely, though I personally hope for Ridley. But more than one would be even better. We'll see if I'm right in time, I guess.
Well, we know the Ridley is in the WiiU version in one role or another. If he is ever going to be a character in Smash4, it will be right from the beginning of the WiiU release.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
There is a text in the...text dump of the 3DS which has the same words as the "Shop" from Mario Kart 8...so...DLC Shop confirmed?
Unfortunately, that can't be said for sure, because I remember Sakurai stating something about there being a shop where you burn your coins to buy trophies and things. It may not be called shop, and there might still be a DLC shop (which I would love), but I do remember there being a coin shop there.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, that can't be said for sure, because I remember Sakurai stating something about there being a shop where you burn your coins to buy trophies and things. It may not be called shop, and there might still be a DLC shop (which I would love), but I do remember there being a coin shop there.
I thought that was already in and being used since day one.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Boss or Playable, I just hope he makes an impact.
If he is a boss, I kind of hope he is a single-player mode boss (like an alternative to master hand).
As a multiplayer stage-hazard boss, I don't think he would be the level of difficulty we would expect from a Ridley fight.

My main point: if he is a boss, the fight better be epic. Nobody wants a derpy Ridley ;)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My money's currently on Mewtwo and Ridley first up. Following, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong, and a nice round up with some Brawl vets such as Lucas and Wolf. Those are the six 'first season pass characters'.
Ridley is tricky. We already know he has some role in the Wii U version. So he's either some kind of Wii U promotional/time locked 3DS character, or he's a stage boss.

If he's the latter, then Sakurai is a jerk.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
It 's kinda disappointing to me that Sakurai seems biased towards the 3DS version. Sure, it's a handheld and needs content to stand up to a console, but the 3DS gets a whole elaborate gamemode that is exclusive to it. The moment the Ice climbers coulda been Wii U exclusive, NOPE WE CAN'T HAVE THAT. Sorry to 3DS owners, but I'd love for the Wii U to have something that is exclusive. Whether it be stage builder, or characters, the Wii U needs some love too. (Free DLC for Wii U would be a fantastic idea with all this talk of a shop option)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Even if the way to get some characters is through the WiiU, it'll probably be something like you can't get them on either version unless you connect them.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
It 's kinda disappointing to me that Sakurai seems biased towards the 3DS version. Sure, it's a handheld and needs content to stand up to a console, but the 3DS gets a whole elaborate gamemode that is exclusive to it. The moment the Ice climbers coulda been Wii U exclusive, NOPE WE CAN'T HAVE THAT. Sorry to 3DS owners, but I'd love for the Wii U to have something that is exclusive. Whether it be stage builder, or characters, the Wii U needs some love too. (Free DLC for Wii U would be a fantastic idea with all this talk of a shop option)
They should have made the 3ds the lesser version of the 2 like have 30 characters and the wiiU should have been the superior version with 54+ characters.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
Ever since nintendo has allowed the use of old gamecube controllers to play smash 4 (effectively killing their wii u pro sales, horrible business move). it has lead me to believe that nintendo isn't very smart when it comes to making profitable business decisions. A brilliant one would be for there to be more unlockable characters on the wii u that you can get only by synching your 3ds with the system, thereby forcing people to buy both systems and both versions of the game. Hell just 1 new character would be enough to push more wii u sales. and since wii u release date is still so far off they'd have the time to work on the character as well.

thanks to the rom data and file set flags we know 7 additional characters were unfinished in the games original code thanks to time restraints, so maybe this could be a last saving force for the roster. Sadly though I don't think nintendo has the business savvy to force namco/sora ltd to make a smart move like this.

so yeah, wii u to 3ds new characters isn't going to happen.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Do you SERIOUSLY think the WiiU version won't have exclusive modes/features? Also, biased to the 3DS version? Before they announced Smash 3DS was coming out first they barely showed anything from Smash 3DS.
They should have made the 3ds the lesser version of the 2 like have 30 characters and the wiiU should have been the superior version with 54+ characters.
Once again, ironic because Sakurai was thinking about just developing Smash 3DS.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Ever since nintendo has allowed the use of old gamecube controllers to play smash 4 (effectively killing their wii u pro sales, horrible business move). it has lead me to believe that nintendo isn't very smart when it comes to making profitable business decisions. A brilliant one would be for there to be more unlockable characters on the wii u that you can get only by synching your 3ds with the system, thereby forcing people to buy both systems and both versions of the game. Hell just 1 new character would be enough to push more wii u sales. and since wii u release date is still so far off they'd have the time to work on the character as well.

thanks to the rom data and file set flags we know 7 additional characters were unfinished in the games original code thanks to time restraints, so maybe this could be a last saving force for the roster. Sadly though I don't think nintendo has the business savvy to force namco/sora ltd to make a smart move like this.

so yeah, wii u to 3ds new characters isn't going to happen.
If they don't want the Wii U version to tank hard due to it going up against the 3DS, there better be some noteworthy characters they're keeping back because I know some who won't be buying it otherwise and just sticking with the 3DS version. Me included.

Thats completly unfair.
Is it unfair 3DS users get to play the game 3-4 months earlier than Wii U owners? Fair that Ice Climber fans now can't play as their character? Fair that anyone who had an old main that was cut won't be able to use them now? Fair that heavily requested characters were glossed over for Sakurais bias?

Nintendo needs to be holding back a few more characters or they might as well shoot themselves in the foot now and be done with it in regards to Smash helping Wii Us sales. People would just stick with the 3DS version and be done with it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If they don't want the Wii U version to tank hard due to it going up against the 3DS, there better be some noteworthy characters they're keeping back because I know some who won't be buying it otherwise and just sticking with the 3DS version. Me included.

Is it unfair 3DS users get to play the game 3-4 months earlier than Wii U owners? Fair that Ice Climber fans now can't play as their character? Fair that anyone who had an old main that was cut won't be able to use them now? Fair that heavily requested characters were glossed over for Sakurais bias?

Nintendo needs to be holding back a few more characters or they might as well shoot themselves in the foot now and be done with it in regards to Smash helping Wii Us sales. People would just stick with the 3DS version and be done with it.
Once again, keep ice climers out of these conversations. all it does is start fights and yes it is unfair. Its COMPLETLY unfair if you make one version worse. Thats like picking your favorite child, you just dont do that. Im sure the Wii U one will sell, maybe not as much as the 3DS version in 1 week but it will sell. God, what is it with people and blaming the 3DS version for eveything.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Guys, characters aren't the only thing Smash U needs to be awesome and 'save the WiiU' (Even though IMO after E3 2014 the WiiU is already saved).
Have we forgotten, gee I don't know, exclusive modes/features?

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Guys, characters aren't the only thing Smash U needs to be awesome and 'save the WiiU' (Even though IMO after E3 2014 the WiiU is already saved).
Have we forgotten, gee I don't know, exclusive modes/features?
Oh yeah that boss mode that insults Ridley as a character, :rolleyes: I cant wait. Mewtwo, Wolf and King K. Rool are probably all dumb bosses thanks to sakurai derpness

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Oh yeah that boss mode that insults Ridley as a character, :rolleyes: I cant wait. Mewtwo, Wolf and King K. Rool are probably all dumb bosses thanks to sakurai derpness
1. Have we forgotten about the DLC rumor?
2. We haven't even seen any exclusive modes for Smash U yet, be confident they're good.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I havent forgotten, I just dont believe in fairy tales...
Seriously? Why are we suddenly now doubting how Sakurai works?
Sakurai is probably at his office, laughing like the Duck Hunt Dog, about how we don't know what's in store for us... Or just laughing like the Duck Hunt Dog. :laugh:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Seriously? Why are we suddenly now doubting how Sakurai works?
Sakurai is probably at his office, laughing like the Duck Hunt Dog, about how we don't know what's in store for us... Or just laughing like the Duck Hunt Dog. :laugh:
I feel he has just left half the popular fanbases behind. Everyone will buy it anyways why should sakurai care who gets hurt along the way :(

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people don't want/can buy a WiiU, for me the 3ds gave me my 3 favorite nintendo franchises on the same console, Pokémon, Smash and AC, that's a dream come true to me plus a lot of awesome games that I love, so a 3ds smash is so awesome to me. Compare that to buying a WiiU plus controlers, plus the game (Wiiu version is going to be more expensive) and wait for more games and third party support. So maybe people will hate my post but hell No, the 3ds version needs to have the same characters as the WiiU version, sorry but it need it, heck even the 3ds version has more stages that I enjoy.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Its fine, but off-topic disuccsions should move to private messages to keep the board on topic ;)

It was confirmed that the 3DS can connect as a controller to the WiiU, but we doesn't know if that is the only thing it can do.
Where? I thought I had read that wasn't a thing?

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
My money's currently on Mewtwo and Ridley first up. Following, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong, and a nice round up with some Brawl vets such as Lucas and Wolf. Those are the six 'first season pass characters'.
I could see this happening. I don't think the Chorus men will be three people though, as the leak or whatever showed, the only name there was "Marshal" the leader of the Chorus men.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Once again, keep ice climers out of these conversations. all it does is start fights and yes it is unfair. Its COMPLETLY unfair if you make one version worse. Thats like picking your favorite child, you just dont do that. Im sure the Wii U one will sell, maybe not as much as the 3DS version in 1 week but it will sell. God, what is it with people and blaming the 3DS version for eveything.
It's really not unfair because what actually happened was both versions of the game were constrained in certain aspects by what the lesser hardware could handle. A 3DS owner whose paying $39.99 for a game should not reasonably expect the same content as a Wii U owner paying $59.99. I know both versions aren't the same and Wii U has a lot more features but let's be honest - all most of us care about are characters above all else. And they limited what they could have put on the Wii U to accommodate the 3DS which is backwards to me. They should have been making the best possible version of Smash on the Wii U and putting as much of it as they could on the 3DS.

And we aren't blaming the 3DS version for everything, it's just amazing how a lot of people without Wii U call us selfish for wanting additional content for buying both versions and don't realize how selfish they are being themselves by trying to limit the amount of content that could be on a superior console version so they don't feel left out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's really not unfair because what actually happened was both versions of the game were constrained in certain aspects by what the lesser hardware could handle. A 3DS owner whose paying $39.99 for a game should not reasonably expect the same content as a Wii U owner paying $59.99. I know both versions aren't the same and Wii U has a lot more features but let's be honest - all most of us care about are characters above all else. And they limited what they could have put on the Wii U to accommodate the 3DS which is backwards to me. They should have been making the best possible version of Smash on the Wii U and putting as much of it as they could on the 3DS.

And we aren't blaming the 3DS version for everything, it's just amazing how a lot of people without Wii U call us selfish for wanting additional content for buying both versions and don't realize how selfish they are being themselves by trying to limit the amount of content that could be on a superior console version so they don't feel left out.
I have a wii u and I still think thats being selfish to limit the amount of stuff on 3DS just because you think the 3DS is inferior. All I want if for people to not be angry. How do you know the Wii U version will have less? We don't because he didn't give info on it yet because he is focusing on the one coming out first, the 3DS version. Wii U info will come soon.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I have a wii u and I still think thats being selfish to limit the amount of stuff on 3DS just because you think the 3DS is inferior. All I want if for people to not be angry. How do you know the Wii U version will have less? We don't because he didn't give info on it yet because he is focusing on the one coming out first, the 3DS version. Wii U info will come soon.
Your first sentence makes me think you didn't get what I said - I don't "think" the 3DS is an inferior hardware - it is. That is a genuine fact. I was saying build the game for the Wii U and then put as much as possible on the 3DS version. And yes, you're right, we don't know if the Wii U will definitively have the same characters, which again is all a lot of us care about, as the 3DS but interviews with Sakurai seem to indicate they will have the same to start with and that at least one, Ice Climbers, was cut to accommodate the 3DS. I'm basing my opinions on facts.

I'm not angry either way BTW - I've said a number of times that I'm fine with the roster as-is even though I'd have liked to see it be a little bigger. I just really am getting tired of the "unfair" argument when, again, the Wii U version costs 150% as much as the 3DS version (both for the game and the console really). Yes, ideally, it'd be great to have the same content in both wherever possible as someone who will have both versions, but it is not "unfair" to include things on the Wii U version that are not technically feasible to include on the 3DS rather than not including them at all.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Your first sentence makes me think you didn't get what I said - I don't "think" the 3DS is an inferior hardware - it is. That is a genuine fact. I was saying build the game for the Wii U and then put as much as possible on the 3DS version. And yes, you're right, we don't know if the Wii U will definitively have the same characters, which again is all a lot of us care about, as the 3DS but interviews with Sakurai seem to indicate they will have the same to start with and that at least one, Ice Climbers, was cut to accommodate the 3DS. I'm basing my opinions on facts.

I'm not angry either way BTW - I've said a number of times that I'm fine with the roster as-is even though I'd have liked to see it be a little bigger. I just really am getting tired of the "unfair" argument when, again, the Wii U version costs 150% as much as the 3DS version (both for the game and the console really). Yes, ideally, it'd be great to have the same content in both wherever possible as someone who will have both versions, but it is not "unfair" to include things on the Wii U version that are not technically feasible to include on the 3DS rather than not including them at all.
well... alright I get what you are saying. Im sorry its just I see so many argument going against the 3DS just because they don't like the fact it is on the 3DS. I was just a bit heated, my apologies

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I could see this happening. I don't think the Chorus men will be three people though, as the leak or whatever showed, the only name there was "Marshal" the leader of the Chorus men.
I recall seeing on the Chorus Men support thread is that there could be just one who summons elements from the Rhythm Heaven games, such as using Marshal's roll from Night Walk as a dash attack. Regardless, I still think that the Rhythm Heaven series should deserve a representing character in Smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I recall seeing on the Chorus Men support thread is that there could be just one who summons elements from the Rhythm Heaven games, such as using Marshal's roll from Night Walk as a dash attack. Regardless, I still think that the Rhythm Heaven series should deserve a representing character in Smash.
But we have sneaky ghost in smash run. doesn't that count as a representing character?

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
That's.... a little much.
I'd love something exclusive like maybe 1 or 2 characters, but more than that seems kinda dumb.

Top Bottom