• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining Characters Unlockable Through Wii U Transfer

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
It's not so much a couple characters exclusion. It's all the cuts, the seemingly huge lack of fan demanded characters except for a few, while going out of their way to not just outright say "We're sorry Mewtwo/Ridley/etc isn't in but that's how it is." Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Wii Fit trainer, but she was added (by what Sakurai says, heh) because nobody wanted her. Fine, that's fine. If you're going to go to those lengths, you could add characters like Mewtwo too though. Then you have DK and other franchises getting nothing new, potentially, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth even if the game will be good. Like a really good steak that leaves a bad taste in your mouth after eating it because it makes you gassy and you're burping up spices for a few days.
Yea I mean if that's your opinion / take on it, fair enough, but I don't really feel that way at all. And as I've maintained throughout the thread I'd be pretty surprised if the team doesn't have additional content planned - especially since so many major releases on the Wii U has had or will have significant DLC. And the only real argument I've heard against Smash having DLC is Sakurai "being adamantly against it" which is just a blatant lie (or a complete misrepresentation of what he actually said).

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Yea I mean if that's your opinion / take on it, fair enough, but I don't really feel that way at all. And as I've maintained throughout the thread I'd be pretty surprised if the team doesn't have additional content planned - especially since so many major releases on the Wii U has had or will have significant DLC. And the only real argument I've heard against Smash having DLC is Sakurai "being adamantly against it" which is just a blatant lie (or a complete misrepresentation of what he actually said).
I think so too. I just don't see them trying to hype up the Wii U version without some characters that the 3DS will get somehow later. Just seems like it'd be a bad move to not do that or the Wii U version may just be outright ignored for the most part.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
It will be really bad for the company if they didn't add anything to the wiiU version other then playing with a gamecube control. Hell It will make a big difference in sales. Competitive players will get the wiiU version and casuals might skip it if there's not enough concent on the wiiU version and be happy just playing the 3ds game.

The wiiU is failing the market right now and if smash bros (one of the main reasons people buy the wiiU.) Has only a few extra game modes to offer then that might as well be the wiiU last shot. Unless smash 6 is coming out and add some of the more requested characters, and not caracters out of left field like wii fit, and duck hunt.

Last edited:

NintendoSmashBrother

Smash Cadet
It will be really bad for the company if they didn't add anything to the wiiU version other then playing with a gamecube control hell. It will make a big difference in sales. Competitive players will get the wiiU version and casuals might skip it if there's not enough concent on the wiiU version and be happy just playing the 3ds game.

The wiiU is failing the market right nown and if smash bros (one of the main reason people buy the wiiU.) Has only a few extra game modes to offer then that might as well be the wiiU last shot. Unless smash 6 is coming out and add some of the more requested characters, and not caracters out of left field like wii fit, and duck hunt.
In a way Smash Bros seems like the game to save the Wii U especially if the Wii U link leak is true.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This is exactly why DLC
It will be really bad for the company if they didn't add anything to the wiiU version other then playing with a gamecube control. Hell It will make a big difference in sales. Competitive players will get the wiiU version and casuals might skip it if there's not enough concent on the wiiU version and be happy just playing the 3ds game.

The wiiU is failing the market right now and if smash bros (one of the main reasons people buy the wiiU.) Has only a few extra game modes to offer then that might as well be the wiiU last shot. Unless smash 6 is coming out and add some of the more requested characters, and not caracters out of left field like wii fit, and duck hunt.
This is exactly why DLC needs to exist in Smash Bros. This is the Wii U's only chance, and if you ask me, what would really make the copies sell are DLC versions of the most highly requested characters such as Ridley and Mewtwo. I know people would pay good money to have the full experience of Smash Bros, and Ridley and Mewtwo DLC would sell extremely well, seeing as they are the two most requested characters. If Nintendo fails to do DLC for Smash, they've lost the Console War this generation. :(

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly why DLC

This is exactly why DLC needs to exist in Smash Bros. This is the Wii U's only chance, and if you ask me, what would really make the copies sell are DLC versions of the most highly requested characters such as Ridley and Mewtwo. I know people would pay good money to have the full experience of Smash Bros, and Ridley and Mewtwo DLC would sell extremely well, seeing as they are the two most requested characters. If Nintendo fails to do DLC for Smash, they've lost the Console War this generation. :(
I just feel those two characters should have been there from the get go, or there on the Wii U version and can be transferred to the 3DS version. Otherwise it's like they went out of their way to not give the fans what they want just so they can lie later and go "Well we TOTALLY didn't know how heavily requested these two characters were... so here they are for five bucks!" I mean I'll take them any way I can but I'd not be happy with Nintendo. At least having them in the Wii U initially and transferred to the 3DS by linking, and maybe put up on the eshop at some point for those who don't want to buy a Wii U, would mean they acknowledged these characters demand and went out of their way to keep it a secret for so long.

Last edited:

espio87

Smash Ace
I just feel those two characters should have been there from the get go, or there on the Wii U version and can be transferred to the 3DS version. Otherwise it's like they went out of their way to not give the fans what they want just so they can lie later and go "Well we TOTALLY didn't know how heavily requested these two characters were... so here they are for five bucks!" I mean I'll take them any way I can but I'd not be happy with Nintendo. At least having them in the Wii U initially and transferred to the 3DS by linking, and maybe put up on the eshop at some point for those who don't want to buy a Wii U, would mean they acknowledged these characters demand and went out of their way to keep it a secret for so long.
If I was in charge of DLC I would make characters that people are sure to buy instead of characters no one expected, like Duck Hunt Dog. The more hyped a character, the more likely people would pay extra cash for them. It may be cruel, but it's business.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
If I was in charge of DLC I would make characters that people are sure to buy instead of characters no one expected, like Duck Hunt Dog. The more hyped a character, the more likely people would pay extra cash for them. It may be cruel, but it's business.
How about both?

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
It's safer to bet on hyped characters. Characters like Duck Hunt Dog take their time to be liked by everyone. Ridley and Mewtwo would sell FAR better on Day 1 than Duck Hunt.
But seriously though, do you think Sakurai is that stupid to put :4drmario:and:4darkpit: and not give us Mewtwo/Ridley I think we just have to wait, it's really obvious he's gonna make them DLC

K-45

Smash Journeyman
But seriously though, do you think Sakurai is that stupid to put :4drmario:and:4darkpit: and not give us Mewtwo/Ridley I think we just have to wait, it's really obvious he's gonna make them DLC
I hope u know that clones take very little development time and help fill the roster. Doctor mario dark pit and :4lucina: took very little time to make. They where way to many cuts mostly because they didn't have the time to put them in. Don't forget they had been working on this game for 4 years and nintendo was getting spam from fans to put in ridley and mewtwo. So they still have there chances.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I hope u know that clones take very little development time and help fill the roster. Doctor mario dark pit and :4lucina: took very little time to make. They where way to many cuts mostly because they didn't have the time to put them in. Don't forget they had been working on this game for 4 years and nintendo was getting spam from fans to put in ridley and mewtwo. So they still have there chances.
Yeah, but still, giving us ALL THESE CHARACTERS! but not the 2 most requested ones? Sakurai you're gonna give us DLC and I know it.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
maybe this isn't the right place for this. but what if they released amiibos of the new characters, And you had to buy them to unlock them?

espio87

Smash Ace
Yeah, but still, giving us ALL THESE CHARACTERS! but not the 2 most requested ones? Sakurai you're gonna give us DLC and I know it.
I believe they're holding them back for two reasons: First, time constraints. And second, to boost Wii U sales.

OtakuDJK1NG

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJK1NG
3DS FC
4725-8393-6525
So yall want Sakurai to continue using his injured hands and arms and not let his team rest.

Impatient and spoiled much.

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
So yall want Sakurai to continue using his injured hands and arms and not let his team rest.

Well Maybe he should have put in requested first party characters first. Then start looking at the side bench of forgeten rejects.

OtakuDJK1NG

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJK1NG
3DS FC
4725-8393-6525
But regarding Ridley being a characters.

Pyrosphere from Other M.

Which Samus are they using Other M Samus.

What did we see other than Ridley's Shadow. His one sharp sword like end of his tail.

Other M Ridley fits that description.

The real Ridley from Super Metroid is a Boss in Brawl.

You fight Clone Ridley in Pyrosphere.

"Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…"

Who the enemy from Samus's past. Ridley. Which she remembers her past right before she fight clone Ridley.

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
Well Maybe he should have put in requested first party characters first. Then start looking at the side bench of forgeten rejects.
The quality of Other M constitutes penalties.

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I'll just say if there are not characters that are on the Wii U version before the 3DS version, there will not be any incentive for people who aren't dedicated fans or competitive players to buy it. And if this stage DLC is true (which it basically is) then character DLC would be soon to follow. Sakurai makes some ******** decisions, but I don't think Sakurai wouldn't miss out on these easy get-rich-quick schemes. They're a no brainier.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
That looks a bit odd to me. It seems like they're showing both the short and long text for the option for "All On" and "All Off" but there isn't the same short text for "regular" vs "downloaded". I'm a little confused on why Nintendo would include an option to see "regular" stages vs "downloaded" stages even if DLC is available. Are there really going to be that many stages available for download that it would constitute an option outside what is available already?

I mean it seems viable for sure though.

Monsieur_Rox

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mister_Rox
Hi, I dont want to spoil the party at the DLC (I want to believe :p ) but talking about stages I think it could be the Brawl thing where you can download stages created in Stage Builder, just saying. :)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hi, I dont want to spoil the party at the DLC (I want to believe :p ) but talking about stages I think it could be the Brawl thing where you can download stages created in Stage Builder, just saying. :)
'Hype slowly begins to drop' :laugh:
But seriously, even if it's just stage builder, at least Smash 3DS will somehow get stage builder!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'll just say if there are not characters that are on the Wii U version before the 3DS version, there will not be any incentive for people who aren't dedicated fans or competitive players to buy it. And if this stage DLC is true (which it basically is) then character DLC would be soon to follow. Sakurai makes some ******** decisions, but I don't think Sakurai wouldn't miss out on these easy get-rich-quick schemes. They're a no brainier.
With the games being capable of having DLC there is NO excuse why Sakurai can't do character DLC. He also has NO excuse to do character DLC wrong. Any veterans who aren't in the Wii U version ( unlocked in 3ds version via Wii U transfer) must be top priority for DLC. If Mewtwo isn't in Sakurai can't just include characters like Viridi, Hades, and Adam ( we don't speak of him he never existed) or Remember Me?( No) and not include Mewtwo. Sakurai wants this to be the greatest character game ever? Well sorry, but not everyone likes Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pacman. Some like playing as villains like Wolf, Wario, Ganondorf, and Bowser. Once Wolf is playable then I will begin to start seeing this as the greatest character game. DLC is too much potential to just drop. I'd actually be willing to pay $100 just for Wolf to be playable in Smash bros Wii U/ 3DS.( + $12.99 for that bad*** Wolf amiibo). I doubt DLC would be THAT much, but that's how much I want my character to come back and how much I would pay for certain characters as DLC.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
With the games being capable of having DLC there is NO excuse why Sakurai can't do character DLC. He also has NO excuse to do character DLC wrong. Any veterans who aren't in the Wii U version ( unlocked in 3ds version via Wii U transfer) must be top priority for DLC. If Mewtwo isn't in Sakurai can't just include characters like Viridi, Hades, and Adam ( we don't speak of him he never existed) or Remember Me?( No) and not include Mewtwo. Sakurai wants this to be the greatest character game ever? Well sorry, but not everyone likes Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pacman. Some like playing as villains like Wolf, Wario, Ganondorf, and Bowser. Once Wolf is playable then I will begin to start seeing this as the greatest character game. DLC is too much potential to just drop. I'd actually be willing to pay $100 just for Wolf to be playable in Smash bros Wii U/ 3DS.( + $12.99 for that bad*** Wolf amiibo). I doubt DLC would be THAT much, but that's how much I want my character to come back and how much I would pay for certain characters as DLC.
I agree with you wholeheartedly on everything you just said. Veterans should be top priority for DLC, especially Wolf, Ice Climbers and Mewtwo. After they're done with them, they can move on to the 3 other characters a LOT of people wanted who are Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac (if they aren't already characters that will be in the Wii U version first). This may be the current Smash game(s) for the next decade if Sakurai can do Smash DLC right with new characters and stages.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

I fail to see how expecting heavily requested characters to make it in over unimportant clones from a franchise that had one game in twenty years is spoiled. Or thinking that if any veteran make it back from Melee it'd be the most requested cut character to return instead of a Mario alt that should have just been Marios basic moves to begin with since almost no one likes the FLUDD over the tornado. I feel it rude to call others spoiled and impatient for wanting a product to live up to what the director said it was.

Greatest character game ever? So far the only way he's shown this is with third party characters. In a Nintendo first party game. Most of the Nintendo Newcomers are either pushed by Nintendo like Rosalina(no offense to her fans at all her moveset looks cool), or characters from games Sakurai made/loved.

I don't feel it spoiled to be upset DK got nothing new.

I don't feel it spoiled to be upset Metroid got nothing new.

I don't feel it spoiled to be upset Ganondorf is still a clone.

I don't feel it spoiled for any fan of any of the existing or unrepresented franchises that got jack diddly doo-da to be upset about there possibly being nothing new.

I don't feel it spoiled to be upset they let Ice Climbers be cut completely due to the 3DS.

I don't feel it spoiled for people to want Ridley to be deconfirmed upfront like everything else instead of tiptoed around without them ever coming out and straightening up peoples doubts/hopes, if he really is just a boss. They're just wanting to be treated equally.

I don't feel it spoiled to be upset that they cut so many characters but added new, almost completely unwanted, clones in their place.

I don't feel it spoiled that they disregarded most of the fan demanded characters in favor of Sakurais favorites list. Sakurai is one man and should not make every decision in a game that's meant to cater to the entirety of Nintendo fans.

And I most certainly do not feel it spoiled to be upset that the most hype worthy things about the new Smash are characters not even owned by Nintendo.

You're welcome to be completely 100% fine with the decisions made by Sakurai, but if the Wii U doesn't have more hype worthy characters that the 3DS gets later then I feel Sakurai made a lot of poor choices this time around. Regardless of the reason for said choices, they were poor and shouldn't have been made.

Regarding Sakurais hand, he most certainly shouldn't be going overboard. All because people are unhappy with his choices and want them to rectify their poor decisions doesn't mean people want him to injure himself further. Nobody told him to work his hand so hard, especially not on characters that weren't heavily requested. Let someone else who knows what fans want make more decisions, take some of the work load off him, let it be a group project. As it should always have been.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Regarding Sakurais hand, he most certainly shouldn't be going overboard. All because people are unhappy with his choices and want them to rectify their poor decisions doesn't mean people want him to injure himself further. Nobody told him to work his hand so hard, especially not on characters that weren't heavily requested. Let someone else who knows what fans want make more decisions, take some of the work load off him, let it be a group project. As it should always have been.
As long as someone working on the game makes Wolf, Ridley, Mewtwo, ect playable, I'm good. Sakurai can always lay in a folding chair sipping a shroom shake ( anyone get the reference hint: Its from a Wii game) observing the character developers making Wolf playable. He could also call in Bill Trinen ( whom is getting very good with Rosalina and knows Japanese) to do some beta testing. Only do a little work with the hand when the character requires his play check. As long as Nintendo authorizing the inclusion of the characters and how they play, I'm good. Just in case though Wolf better be playable via DLC or Wii U transfer ( there could be other ways Nintendo could make characters playable in the game ( amiibo, QR code, etc) these are just the two most likely methods of inclusion.) Well happy smashing.[/quote]

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
There's currently no known data of the 3DS version having a stage builder, so that in itself would be DLC.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
There's currently no known data of the 3DS version having a stage builder, so that in itself would be DLC.
DLC confirmed, awesome.

And as Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Mario Golf all show... DLC brings characters.

Start speculating, friends.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
DLC confirmed, awesome.

And as Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Mario Golf all show... DLC brings characters.

Start speculating, friends.
My money's currently on Mewtwo and Ridley first up. Following, Chorus Men and Dixie Kong, and a nice round up with some Brawl vets such as Lucas and Wolf. Those are the six 'first season pass characters'.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now thats mean. EVEN IF I wanted people in I would at least give Sakurai a break. He is Injured for gods sake, stop yelling at the poor guy and blaming him for stuff

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Now thats mean. EVEN IF I wanted people in I would at least give Sakurai a break. He is Injured for gods sake, stop yelling at the poor guy and blaming him for stuff
If somebody in construction gets hurt while ignoring what the person ordered to be built, should they never receive a complaint because they worked really hard making that thing that wasn't asked for?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
If somebody in construction gets hurt while ignoring what the person ordered to be built, should they never receive a complaint because they worked really hard making that thing that wasn't asked for?
He didn't ignore anyone though, He is the one that chose of what characters are going to be in the game WAY ahead in time. thats like a citizen getting pissed at a worker because in the building they wanted something in that the worker had NO intention of putting in. and why would you harp on sakurai even if he is hurt, thats cruel, so very cruel.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
He didn't ignore anyone though, He is the one that chose of what characters are going to be in the game WAY ahead in time. thats like a citizen getting pissed at a worker because in the building they wanted something in that the worker had NO intention of putting in. and why would you harp on sakurai even if he is hurt, thats cruel, so very cruel.
If Sakurai doesn't know of the heavily requested characters like Mewtwo then he shouldn't be making the games if he's that out of touch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy he's hurt and wish him well, but there's just blatant things here that are impossible for him to not know with little reason for their exclusion other than he wanted more Kid Icarus stuff than was needed. He may very well have some surprises left with the Wii U version regarding the roster, but again, he's not really given us much to work with and as of now there's enough things that bug people about the roster to not just bow and thank him for ignoring people.

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Why don't we bring this conversation back to what the tread is about, Remaining Characters Unlocked Through WiiU Transfer. The conversation whether Sakurai should make smash bros is completely off topic.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Why don't we bring this conversation back to what the tread is about, Remaining Characters Unlocked Through WiiU Transfer. The conversation whether Sakurai should make smash bros is completely off topic.
Sorry.. I just like how people give someone that is hurt a hard time. but anyway. Was the Wii U transfer just confirmed to use the 3DS as a controller?

Last edited:
Top Bottom