• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remaining Characters Unlockable Through Wii U Transfer

K-45

Smash Journeyman
That's.... a little much.
I'd love something exclusive like maybe 1 or 2 characters, but more than that seems kinda dumb.
OK let me elaborate on what I said before. Before u read the other half let me say that ik both games were ment to have the same roster and that it was ment to be on the 3ds first.

Ik it's a bit late for this but this is how I think it should have gone u can say that I'm wrong and both versions should be equal in almost every way.

Let's say the 3ds game came out almost a year and a half. before the wiiU have and the full roster was everyone on the nintendo expect for shulk. Around 4 months after the 3ds version was out they showed that in the wiiU version u can play as king K.R. and every month after that they show a new character like baby bowser and Geno. Then the website mention it will be a roster of 70 people (The reason I said 54+ because I implyed that the roster I think thought of had impa, Ridley, Mewtwo and the other 2 rumor character.) He also mention it had 3 extra modes that the 3ds version wouldn't have. But reminds everyone that smash run is a 3ds exclusive.

What I'm trying to say here is that the 3ds version should have been a early release that was ment to play on the bus to school or at the air port W8ing for a planes. The wiiU would have everyone's fan favorite characters to help save the wiiU and for more hype to build up over time.

This is how I think it should have been. Its more of a what if then anything. If people still think that is not fair then I can't convince anyone. I got the feeling I just started a flame war without meaning to with a what if story.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
OK let me elaborate on what I said before. Before u read the other half let me say that ik both games were ment to have the same roster and that it was ment to be on the 3ds first.

Ik it's a bit late for this but this is how I think it should have gone u can say that I'm wrong and both versions should be equal in almost every way.

Let's say the 3ds game came out almost a year and a half. before the wiiU have and the full roster was everyone on the nintendo expect for shulk. Around 4 months after the 3ds version was out they showed that in the wiiU version u can play as king K.R. and every month after that they show a new character like baby bowser and Geno. Then the website mention it will be a roster of 70 people (The reason I said 54+ because I implyed that the roster I think thought of had impa, Ridley, Mewtwo and the other 2 rumor character.) He also mention it had 3 extra modes that the 3ds version wouldn't have. But reminds everyone that smash run is a 3ds exclusive.

What I'm trying to say here is that the 3ds version should have been a early release that was ment to play on the bus to school or at the air port W8ing for a planes. The wiiU would have everyone's fan favorite characters to help save the wiiU and for more hype to build up over time.

This is how I think it should have been. Its more of a what if then anything. If people still think that is not fair then I can't convince anyone. I got the feeling I just started a flame war without meaning to with a what if story.
Only three things:
1. Still a little too much, IMO. I mean, even if Smash U was developed by itself, 70 characters and THREE modes?! Don't you think that's overdoing it?
2. Smash U/3DS started development around 2012, so it was never meant to save the WiiU anyway.
3. Just because you think Smash 3DS should've been just for 'playing on the bus' or something doesn't mean it is and should be.
Also, more DLC evidence:
http://smashboards.com/threads/text...ew-evidence-found.368798/page-8#post-17651580

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Only two things:
1. Still a little too much, IMO. I mean, even if Smash U was developed by itself, 70 characters and THREE modes?! Don't you think that's overdoing it?
Yes ik this is a what if but I got the feeling that people would have thought. "wow 54+ that isn't much of a add on to the 49 characters we have now" so I just replace the number X and let there imagination fill the roster of both unexpected and most requested characters. That number has no real meaning other then to show the improvement that the roster would have had if it was ment for one system.

I also mention 3 extra modes if u look back at the what if story they had a extra year and a half of development.

Don't forget this is also all a What if. Its already not even relevant at this point.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Yes ik this is a what if but I got the feeling that people would have thought. "wow 54+ that isn't much of a add on to the 49 characters we have now" so I just replace the number X and let there imagination fill the roster of both unexpected and most requested characters. That number has no real meaning other then to show the improvement that the roster would have had if it was ment for one system.

I also mention 3 extra modes if u look back at the what if story they had a extra year and a half of development.

This is if they want to invest the time and money into a continuous development team (which they might). Even then it's not going to be a big team to work on DLC. They want to make money off of this, not lose it.

That being said, 4-5 characters will be enough to satisfy A LOT of people here. With the characters cut from brawl, the big 3, and maybe a random character... I think that'll be enough. Although, who doesn't love more content? Right lol?..

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
As someone mentioned earlier, it should be like 'If you connect both versions you get these characters early but if you don't then you have to wait about a week or so for them to be downloadable DLC.' Some people say this wouldn't work because people would just wait, but um, have we forgotten about the demo codes the other week? :p

Top Bottom