• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reigniting QLD Crews - GC vs Bris

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Soon I want to open up a crews thread for Tempest for the sole discussion of organising a crew battle at Tempest, probably on the second day.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
4 man crews?
More like 4 man poos.

Although I know a fellow 3 Wizards who could stomp on some ****s. :mad:

But nah, region or PreKas vs PostKas is the way to go...

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, assuming bob agrees here, our crew would be me, bob, oldman and ranga, all maining ganondorf, it would work out perfect if it was 5-man crews though cos we could have a lvl 9 ganondorf cpu in god-colours (generic colours) who would be our captain

Sloth

Smash Ace
Personally I can only see crews heading in two directions:
1. We try to create rivalry by starting the smaller crew idea and hopefully in due time this will create a more dynamitic and intense atmosphere of who will win / lose.

2. We go for old school 10 v 10 style
This can take two possible directions -
i. GC vrs Brisbane
Issue: In Melee is Brisbane would wipe the floor with GC due to Brisbane having a higher density of good players.
In Brawl, I have nfi. But a one sided team can almost make it seem pointless.

ii. Another formation for example DJ.Cats pre-post kas era.
Issue: Because of rather mixed crews there may be no sense of rivalry.

Really depends on what the majority of players want to see. Also Vyse, at tempest you only plan to run brawl crews correct?

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
haha bob and sea you massive wizards.. there WILL be a DORF vs the rest crew battle at DORF OFF II

DORF crew - seaDORF, oldmanDORF, rangaDORF, tigerDORF, ALMIGHTY LORD GANONDORF (lv 9 CPU)
the rest crew - anyone who dares defy the DORF crew in ganon dittos

as for qld crew battles in general............ ****s me haha, gc vs bris has seemed to spark the most interest imo

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
6v6 or 7v7.

rivalry can be born. if u are loyal. balance these mixed crews at the start then they train, one will be better. and say to other "hey u suck, get better"

also these 4 man crews could take on oos people blah blah.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
rivalry can be born. if u are loyal. balance these mixed crews at the start then they train, one will be better. and say to other "hey u suck, get better"
Simple summary but oh so true.

Thats why I've been pushing like a mad tiger for crews.
Once it starts up again, people will watch and be "hey, whats all this about?" and instantly get excited.
And then it will become a monthly fixture and things will be good :)

" Brisbane ***** balls in Brawl and Melee =P "
-See, just from that one performance over the weekend, we have some bragging rights, and there is excitement and bragging rights for us and them wanting to redeem themselves.

Bryce:
-There will be Melee crews at Tempest, IF we get enough good interstaters coming...but maybe if theres aenough interest there can be a local one as well.

-GC vs Bris is pretty equal in Brawl to be honest.

-PreKas vs Post Kas can work, I THINK there is passion at least from the new school side of things its the old school that needs to be stimulated and not be negative ****s.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh buurrn! You gonna take that **** dorfs?!?!

Lets see Brawl - Bris vs GC
Bris have:
Jirds
Hotdog
scrubs
Kas
rocko
i dunno who else

GC have:
vyse
amaterasu
kaion
i dunno who else

melee -
brisbane have:
Kas
syke
scrubs
jirds
dif?
Dj cat

Gc have:
vyse
rob
someone
someone
cbf thinking right now lol

Bris would have the advantage on both games imo. Unless i put names in the wrong side =P

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
you forgot chris ryan and moose for melee, but we would still get crushed in melee, bris has too many more players let alone good players at that.

but GC is still sexier.

Yokai

Smash Ace
Eh, I live in Wincrest now, So im not brisbane, so Im with GC still.

IN brawl, GC would **** **** up. seriously. Even though I didnt rate a mention in Hotdogs list (rematch of the last crew where i ****ed your **** up?)

Yokai

Smash Ace
its ambiguous, I was originally part of the Gold Coast , so I remain tied there. Its where i wanna be.

Also Namestorming.

GC- Fysu squad . (no points to guess what its abbreviating, as its fairly obvious without being overall offensive)

Bris: Brawlocks (so much wizard these days)

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
That picture is horse ****. It does have some kind of truth though. You would need that many jigglypuffs to hurt ganondorf. Then again, jigglypuff could be mistaken for being the tip of a ***** so she is pretty harmless. In real life, ganondorf would just glare at jiggs and she would inevitably explode.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It's actually a personal safety device for Ganon so he doesn't accidentally gimp himself.

Yokai

Smash Ace
The crew names have resonated with me, sadly brisbane more than GC

Brawlocks has a really cool ring to it. i suggest that no one will find a superior option.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey man, I don't even play Jiggs anymore. I'm just having fun stirring people up :)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Don't start up anymore cr@p, lol.

I think Jiggs is fine, lol, she's not a bad character and she's **** in Brawl.
I personally don't like Ganon/dorf's look in Brawl, or Fox's or Falco's or Wolf's.
Shouldn't that take into accounts aesthetics with them, srsly.
Although Fox in red/black looks arright. <3

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
i prefer the name.
N! B! A! b-b-b-brawlers.
That would be a good name if we have an announcer for crew battles. Kinda like in WWE or something.

In the blue corner, at a combined weight of OVER 9000 POUNDS!!!!...... The N! B! A! bbrrrrraaaawwwwwllllerrrrrrrsss!!!.......

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be a GC Vs Bris Crew battle at tempest, that would be awesomes
oh no i won't be able to play..............................I call commentator

Top Bottom