• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reigniting QLD Crews - GC vs Bris

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The Sieg Approved Crew Rivalry - Gold Coast Vs. Brisbane

Okay, so I wanted to make a thread to reignite the old flames of competition between Gold Coast and Brisbane. It really drove competition for Melee, so now I think it's time to do it with Brawl.

Now we can look at Melee too, but, these days Melee players are too busy/cbf to really engage the competitive rivalry aspect that we enjoyed so much back in the day. Still, if people wanna get regional Melee crews going full swing I'm more than up for it too.

On the agenda we need to decide who goes where, and how many players are available to properly represent each area. This thread will serve to promote and ignite regional rivalry hopefully, so lets take a look at it.

Gold Coast
Amaterasu
Vyse
Accelerate
undead_moose
Sieg
Azure Rune
djKaion
Grav1sh
Drive_thru (My brother, though he doesn't come along often enough lol)
Yokai*
Jesmo*

Brisbane
Hotdog
Scrubs
King Kong
Muerte(Rarno)
Sticks
Rocko
Arrow
DJ Cat
Dino
J-birds
Kickflip (And his posse lol)
GreenStreet
l3o0keR

+More probably, rofl.

Lots of good players across the board for both sides I think. Despite us having Amaterasu and Accelerate, I think Brisbane's got enough diversity to match whatever team we could bring to a crew battle.

Yokai could represent either, since he's traditionally been a Wardian, but now lives in Brisbane, as could Jesmo, seeing as he's out of state (But closer to Gold Coast).

Get (****) talking, let's hear your hype. I don't wanna hear anyone being a downer about **** because it's stupid and we don't need it.

I'll probably make this post colorful and awesome later.

BRING IT BRISBANE, YOU'RE GOING DOWN AT AUTUMNLAN!

Also, I'll dip into my own pocket and come up with an awesometastic trophy for the competing crews to play for.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't wanna hear anyone being a downer about **** because it's stupid and we don't need it.
I'm not forcing it down their throats. I'm hyping it up because after this past tournament, it looks like there's finally enough of a balance of players between regions that we can have some healthy rivalry.

I dunno about you, but I enjoyed Brawl crews WAY more than Melee crews at SummerSmash. In fact nobody wanted to do Melee crews, and that was the biggest collection of Melee players together at one event in QLD for a LONG time.

Give it a chance, I think people will really warm to the idea. Also the people who are really enthusiastic about the scene are the ones playing Brawl (barring those few exceptional people who can magically enjoy both like Chris). So I think this is something worth pursuing.

Also because I wanna see Kickflip own the stage with Lucas because his Lucas is AMAZING. Same goes for Greenie.

Also, we need names. The Ward for life, but maybe people want something different now that we're reforming? And Brisbane have to come with something since they're forming from pretty much nothing.

Also, you hear that Billy? That's the sound of your IC's chain throwing about as well as the Shark's forward pack.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well it just seemed to me that everybody else was disinterested. But hey, I'd gladly be proven wrong, and if players like Syke would like to see the Melee Crew Scene re-ignited, I wouldn't mind it either.

Melee Crews

Gold Coast
Accelerate
Amaterasu
Vyse
Sieg
Azure Rune
undead_moose
AussieRob
Yokai? lol
Rad and Triss (Double lol)

Brisbane
Syke
Sirias
Sloth
DJ Cat
Dino
Arrow
King Kong
Scrubs
Juggy
Random Melee guys at last LanSmash rofl.

I think Sieg has been right all along. We need to put regional pride on the line for it to work. It's why Tech vs Ward was always so epic.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Interstate crews are where it's at <3

But yeah, if anyone throws around negative posts, i'll give you a red card... asshats

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You're just peeved because Woxy is only at the top tier of the cutedness metagame.
Melbourne's got nothing in Brawl. Bring it Cobalt :mad:

This is the only thread where I'm going to dish out the trash talk. Making lame*** calls on Brisbane players. Like Billy, because I know he'll trash talk me back <3

Interstate Melee Crews at Don't Come was one of the greatest things ever and if I don't wind up in America this year, I'll be going somewhere for smash this year.

EDIT: lol Lame*** as a whole word is filtered :D

EDIT2: I would pay to see a money match between Kickflip and Meteor Master, Lucas Vs Ness.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Psssh, Amaterasu and Accelerate got nothing on Brisbane! ok well maybe they do but shhhh. I'll beat Amaterasu one day ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm sure nsw will be able to round up a crew at some point to come down to challenge you too, vyse is win

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We could have a tournament in Coffs Harbour.
Hotdog, what will Brisbane be named?

I can't think of a name for Gold Coast's Brawl crew.
Gotta think of something that will be remembered throughout history like H2YL or The Ship of Fools.

EDIT:
@J-Birds: It was really fun. Everybody was gathered around, and things were pretty intense. Gords and I had an epic Diddy Ditto match, the apprentice against the sensei. Gords will eventually overtake me in skill, though. It was a really good performance from everyone, and I felt like everybody was really into it.

@Atyeo: I wanna re-match on Luigi's Mansion.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Victoria would beast NSW and QLD in both games these days.

Winning on your own home turf isn't much of a boast. Defeating another state ON their home turf is another matter. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Didn't see any depth in Melee OHN7... no johns :)

Maybe if your Melee tournies attracted more than 5 people or w/e you'd have more depth XD <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's true.

Kas and Syke alone took the entirety of the QLD scene by themselves at Redcliffe 2. Like twice. Like wtf.

It's too bad Triss and Rad don't play anymore :(

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Victoria would beast NSW and QLD in both games these days.

Winning on your own home turf isn't much of a boast. Defeating another state ON their home turf is another matter. :)

Yeah, the Away win is where its at.
That Redcliffe (neither of them were at #2 but Kas was at 1 and a half) thing didn't really prove anything.
Multiple bad-form, not that great players anyway being constantly beaten isn't an indication of how good they are.
Anyway, enough crap.

Yes Vyse this sounds good, I was going to suggest this get fired up already so good stuff.
Give me time to come up with a cool name.
HotDog for captain. ;)
Or Ben.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Anything named by the D.J Cat is instantly awesome.

For Gold Coast, I wonder if we should have something that denotes a new form of the Ward. Like Ward-EX or NeoWard?

Or we could come up with something new. I find that skipping through song titles can elicit some good ideas.

Also, Syke should form a crew called 'Jur Muda'. I don't quite know what it would do though.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Also, you hear that Billy? That's the sound of your IC's chain throwing about as well as the Shark's forward pack.
ok its one thing to insult my Ice climbers... BUT TO BRING THE SHARKS INTO THIS!

You little gold coast *****es aint got ****. OHH look we have Chris and Ryan and the banana bender Antho along with Camp master Doug and SF4 player Michael who will be to busy trying to QCF instead of up smashing. Then theres nick who will be all GAWD I SUCK AT THIS GAME and will.

**** we could have KAS play for us in brawl and wipe you all. and we already found your diddy weakness. just counter with Bens Dedede and OH NO BYE BYE VYSE. Then there is Ryan look at me im the best i can win with bowser.... oh im sorry die by the hands of hotdogs kirby again... YES!
This leaves us with chris.... lets just say... is 3 stock REALLY enough to take the rest of us? im sorry but you got more luck finding the cure for cancer in your first year as a doctor.
Doug will be out yoshied by DJ
Michael will rage quiet when i ***** slap his zamus's ***
Nick lol Arrow is gonna **** everything you got with his Capt Falcon

So im sorry Goldcoast your gonna be just like your NRL team. Full of stars but as soon as scott prince is out (Chris) your **** out of luck

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh, oh Billy.
The smack talk, this is what I want to see. I love it.

I love it almost as much as watching you and your Ice Climbers. Hylian would be ashamed. ASHAMED :mad:
What? Your parents chainthrow you for five minutes at a time while you were a kid or something?

Moose is so good at this game that he doesn't even HAVE to care. In fact it's no fun for him beating you guys into the ground, which is why he likes Doubles. Sieg's SF4 prowess is so awesome that his skills actually translate directly into smash. Ryan could curb stomp you Brisbanites with freakin Falcon. What was that? 4 stock was it? WITH FALCON, IN 2 ON 1! Shameful, mate. Shameful.

Also, I believe Chris is just so good that he will find the cure for cancer.

Also even if Dedede beats out my Diddy, I'll just learn the matchup. Or better yet, we'll cover each other's weaknesses, because that's what a team does.

Come get some disrespect!

:mad:

(I love you all <3)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I remember when we actually used to trash talk, back when we had good Melee tournaments that would result in rage inducing rage between Zac/Juggy vs Me/Ryan and Nick. Those were the best trash talking days.

I look at this now and I sigh. Sigh at this poor forced attempt at a trash talk thread.

The old threads would be ashamed.

In melee, Queensland would ****ing **** everyone with a full team, no questions asked. Doesn't matter where the **** it is, we'd **** your face hardcore.

Brawl, I dunno. I haven't seen any other states largely because I can't be ****ed going to another state to play a game I'm not really interested in.

Maybe when I go to an interstate tournament that has SF4 I'll get to see some of you play Brawl, but for now, I'd say that NSW would beatdown at Brawl.

/thread.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Michael, thread rule number 1
I don't wanna hear anyone being a downer about **** because it's stupid and we don't need it.
Adhere to it or die :mad:
This is a Super Smash Bros Forum. Amazingly, there are people who want to see this rivalry happen. Say what you want to believe if it makes you feel better, but keep it out of this thread. Nobody, much less me, cares for it.

This thread ain't gonna end unless **** gets too heated anyway.
There's gonna be rivalry whether you want it or not, so too bad if you're gonna miss out.

And as freakin if NSW would beat us at Brawl. NSW's got what? Shaya, Gords, Kulla and Atyeo. Field the best team you can bring, we've got Accelerate, Amaterasu and Hotdog. They're not gonna get past that much.

We'll bring it to them when we've got peeps willing to travel :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sieg - SF4 and Melee tournaments go hand in hand in Melbourne. Thatsssssss right.

But Rocky will have all 3 and more!

Scrubs - I'm most definently correct. Syke Juggy and Ryan got stock slaughtered by rusty old Emily - and she's not even in form. Currently there's so many more active and good players in Vic cus we've restarted Melee regulars again - so until QLD steps it up in that dept, you guys have zero chance of winning Melee.

This isn't 2007. Get with the times.

/fact.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I remember when we actually used to trash talk, back when we had good Melee tournaments that would result in rage inducing rage between Zac/Juggy vs Me/Ryan and Nick. Those were the best trash talking days.

I look at this now and I sigh. Sigh at this poor forced attempt at a trash talk thread.

The old threads would be ashamed.

In melee, Queensland would ****ing **** everyone with a full team, no questions asked. Doesn't matter where the **** it is, we'd **** your face hardcore.

Brawl, I dunno. I haven't seen any other states largely because I can't be ****ed going to another state to play a game I'm not really interested in.

Maybe when I go to an interstate tournament that has SF4 I'll get to see some of you play Brawl, but for now, I'd say that NSW would beatdown at Brawl.

/thread.
im sorry all i read was blah blah blah i suck

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Sieg - SF4 and Melee tournaments go hand in hand in Melbourne. Thatsssssss right.

But Rocky will have all 3 and more!

Scrubs - I'm most definently correct. Syke Juggy and Ryan got stock slaughtered by rusty old Emily - and she's not even in form. Currently there's so many more active and good players in Vic cus we've restarted Melee regulars again - so until QLD steps it up in that dept, you guys have zero chance of winning Melee.

This isn't 2007. Get with the times.

/fact.
Just remember that was also my first smash meet in a year, I had to buy a new controller for it cause I'd sold mine after CoK. After yourself and Emily(in form) you guys have nothing left.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Syke for Melee tournament director IMO.

Oh wait.

:D

EDIT:
Christ, what have I started. Everyone call in, there's scores to be settled and Johns to be made.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Emily isn't a power player for Vic:

STIGMA-MELEE I RESULTS

SINGLES:
1 - CAOTIC
2 - Cobalt
3 - Dekar
4 - Red X
5 - Shaz
5 - Redact