• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reforming the Bowser Boards

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Taken the several discussions regarding these boards in the past few weeks, and sparked right now again in the "Why is Bowser such an unpopular character choice?"-thread, I think it's time to make a thread about it (since the topic was pretty much ignored in the General Discussion-Thread).

I've already started off reviving and reforming these boards a bit by making a new directory thread, as well as breathing life into the discussions that died after I left (Secondaries + Stages).

However, the Bowser Boards still need a lot of work. I suggested creating a new guide, which is up to date and contains all important information from the "3 Bowser Guides in one"-topic and JayDeth's "More Power!"-guide.
I also think that Bowser Power Rankings might be useful, as well as merging the video and the video critique thread into one.

All we need is people who are willing to work on these projects and maintain the stuff. I'd be willing to help out in organization and such, though I won't dare to call myself being capable of creating a guide to Bowser (because of Flayl destroying me verbally when I said I knew something about Bowser *cough*).

The reason why I think this topic is important is because the Bowser boards are currently dead and reforming the boards will make them more popular. I speak here from direct experience, seeing as this happened exactly with the Fox boards in the past: We sparked discussion about reformation, got **** done, and boom, we had like 5 new people during the following week participating in our boards and getting interested into Fox. Cool, no?
Let's see if we can do this to Bowser, too.

We should first start collecting ideas and see who would be willing to do stuff, as well as looking what the regulars' opinions on the matter are, so contribute away.

Things to do:
Write a new/Update the Bowser Guide (merging "Fusion of 3 Bowser Guides", "More Power" and maybe som other things).
Merging Video Archive and Video Critique threads
Merging Tournament Results and Bowser Player Finder
Bowser Power Ranking?

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
If we could update the matchup discussion to, well- actually have matchup summaries I think it'd help. Really don't know what to look out for on some characters D:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well here's how I see it. Bowser is a very capable character, he's pretty decent IMO, he's not as bad as people who haven't used him make him out to be. I WANT him to be up there where he belongs, certainly in Mid Tier. The top of D Tier allows him to wreck Low Tiers, which is a joke, but honestly that's not where he belongs. If he becomes popular, we may find another golden ticket Bowser main of sorts. Not to ride on miracles or anything, but if what Onishiba said about the Fox boards really worked, then I think we can do the same thing for Bowser =D

I can't represent Bowser offline while school goes on due to boarding school kicking me in the nuts, but this makes me a pretty viable guy for maintaining stuff and threads for the Bowser board's reformations and such, since I don't have much of anything to do <_____________________<;;

As for reforming the Boards or whatever, I guess it'd be nice to keep a tab on who's actually using Bowser, am I right? Someone could also try to incorporate that with the Power Rankings, so people know whos bringin Bowser up ._.

I feel like I just repeated myself in that paragraph, but whatever. I really wanna do this man, I have faith in Bowser u_u

Also, idk, I know people lurk boards obviously, but Bowser's matchup discussion isn't really anywhere near complete. I mean we got most of the important matchups out of the way but idk, personally for me, and incomplete matchup thread makes me go Ganon ragequit mode on them. I'd really like to finish the matchup thread even though low tiers is simple.

I asked Flayl if he wanted to keep his "in-depth MU discussions" thread and the official matchup thread separated and he said yes, but why don't we just have a matchup thread specifically FOR matchups, right? <.<

...or, maybe we could keep that in-depth thread for matchups already discussed that people need help on? Or maybe a matchup Q&A thread [I lol'd].

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If we could update the matchup discussion to, well- actually have matchup summaries I think it'd help. Really don't know what to look out for on some characters D:
That's basically what Flayl is trying to do with his in-depth matchup discussions. I was thinking of suggesting matchup exports like most of the character boards are doing, but would those really be active? I'm not very sure about that.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I suggest you go look at the D3 boards. I (back when I was a mod) just did a massive overhaul of all the useless **** we didn't need.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, as said, I come from the Fox boards, and there we pretty much did the same.

We started new discussions or revived old ones that died, I took over the directory and the matchup discussions, and we generally started to be more productive and such.
I also collected old threads for sasukebowser to close, etc.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We need a giant thread to put all the important stuff in that wouldn't be deserving of a sticky on it's own.

Like a guide+who plays bowser record+strategy guide and maybe some other things.

I could maintain a thread like that if you guys wanted.

I have a fair bit of spare time and a guide isn't really to hard to make since our past guides still have a huge amount of info but some things just need updating.

We also need someone to get the discussions on matchups back up. We were almost done and then we suddenly stopped.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think that merging some threads would actually be a good idea. Cases of this:
Bowser Guides + Strategy Guides (and maybe AT stuff)
Video Archive + Video Critique
Tournament Results + Bowser Player List
Alternatively: Video Archive + Tournament Results and Video Critique + Bowser Player List, although I prefer the first solution better.

In my opinion, that's the best combination. A Bowser player directory in the guide makes not much sense, since it doesn't really have anything to do with how to play Bowser etc.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Please, I like your work over at the fox boards. That is like the best character specific board and makes it easier to learn a new character. This place is just scattered and confusing with a lot of missing information.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser Guides + Strategy Guides (and maybe AT stuff)
Video Archive + Video Critique
Tournament Results + Bowser Player List
This sounds good. Not that this will fix the problem of nobody contributing anything, but it's a start.

Please, I like your work over at the fox boards. That is like the best character specific board and makes it easier to learn a new character. This place is just scattered and confusing with a lot of missing information.
Like what, exactly? Our main organizational problem is that we have more stickied threads than we really need. In short, it's inefficient, but if you can't find something the problem is between the computer and the chair.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Why doesn't the bowser boards have a mod It's like the only board not to have one. We need one so we dont have to call for one everytime.

Flayl: look at this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238478

It's got everything in one post you don't even need to go looking for all that information its right there and its much more organized we don't even have match ups fully done in the boozer boards. P.S. I can find everything its just not as neat its fine now but what hes offering would be alot better

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why doesn't the bowser boards have a mod It's like the only board not to have one. We need one so we dont have to call for one everytime.
It had a mod (CAOTIC), but he resigned because he didn't want to mod this place in the first place (or rather, it was like, he was assigned without even playing Brawl Bowser or something).
However, the SMods still will help us (such as Hylian stickying the new directory) if we ask for it.

Furthermore, there's quite a few boards that don't have a mod, like R.O.B. or Ike boards.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, I'll simply tell one?
Alternatively, we can have someone make a new thread and have the mods unsticky and close the old ones or sth.
Doesn't every character board have a mod main except this one? Wouldn't this be a good time to try to get one?

EDIT:o.o greenfox beat me to it
EDIT2:o.o nvm then, if there are other boards without mods. I guess we have teh ability to fare as well as they do.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Boards without a mod (from as far as I gathered, I haven't check all of them):
Bowser
Ike
Link
R.O.B.

There might be a couple more, tho.

Flayl: look at this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238478

It's got everything in one post you don't even need to go looking for all that information its right there and its much more organized we don't even have match ups fully done in the boozer boards. P.S. I can find everything its just not as neat its fine now but what hes offering would be alot better
I have made such a directory in these boards, too, it's named Koopa Kastle and has been recently stickied.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246494

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Well it not having a mod isn't a big deal it just seems like it would be better off with one and more people might start coming here.

It probably wouldn't have a big impact but it wouldn't hurt

Surprised someone as high tier as ROB doesn't have his own mod...

edit: I didn't realize there was a directory for bowser sweet.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I can be a mod. I was even called a "wannabe mod", so I'm up for the job :pimp:

And good job at the thread. Looks good:).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, I've updated the OP with the suggestions.

Everyone who wants to help out is very welcome to do so, Bowser King already volunteered (just tell me what you want to do, BK).
We need people who are willing to take over the threads that have died or whose creators aren't active anymore, so that we can merge them and sticky them.

Any other suggestions?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I could make a Bowser Player List Thread, and I could incorporate the tournament information as well if you'd like me to o:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I could make a Bowser Player List Thread, and I could incorporate the tournament information as well if you'd like me to o:
That would be great!
If Bowser King creates and maintains the guide, we just need someone in charge of the video thread (since Flayl does the in-depth matchup stuff), and then we can do the sheet.
Also, does MrEh want to keep on leading the ratio discussions? If not, we could change leaders and someone else could take charge of that so we can discuss our last few matchups, and re-discuss whereever we see the need to.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I haven't seen him update it since ive been coming here recently so I think someone else needs to take over
Sorry MrEh your to lazy :) you even say so on the mu thread.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Onishiba, crzy is the one who edits the video thread OP, although we still need to fuse the critique video and the official video thread, like you said. I would maintain that thread also if you wanted, but I should try keeping one thread together first before I start piling on the work xD.

When I get home later I'll make the Bowser locator thread and stuff. I suppose we could get Flayl to take control of the MU thread, or, we could let MrEh continue with that thread and let Flayl take the videos .-.

EDIT[to that thing above]: Flayl doesn't want the MU threads for his own reasons, so we need someone/MrEh to keep the MU thread on track and make sure it doesnt kick dust, lol.

idk, it could be this:

Onishiba - Koopa Compendum thread, so you're like in charge of the general map of the Bowser boards lol

JayDeth/Flayl - The Technical Guides, such as More Power and the Grab release thread [although there isn't really much maintaining necessary for the grab releases lol]

I only say Flayl for the technical stuff because he just recently made a thread about Bowser's pummel lulz

MrEh still/Anyone willing to take on the job - Matchup Thread (s) - It's pretty self explanatory right? lol. Just guide the matchup threads and update it whenever we finish with certain characters, and be sure to make/take summaries from people who post. I don't know what we could possibly do with the "in depth discussions" thread that Flayl made though...

My Cat Owns/Flayl/Crzy if he comes back miraculously - Video Threads, althoughthe videos thread could be maintained anyone really, I mean GreenFox could do it, Knee...anyone, as long as they're here to update it when there's a video. Right? For criqitue type videos, I guess it could be in a separate post or such o:

Limit - Bowser Results Scribe b: - I can basically just keep track of the Bowser Results thread, so whenever a Bowser main comes back with results, I can update the OP/Secondary Post with information. I'll probably take the info from the first results thread too, lol. I'll also make a Bowser Player list thread, like I said before, so we, the Bowser board, can keep track of people that use Bowser and represent him to an extent. I have some ideas for that thread too :p

We don't need anyone to maintain the General/Q&A threads, so they're fine as they are right now.

Uh that's all I can really think of, but I know I'm missing a few people anyway, but idk what other kind of general threads we'd need :<

Also, since Onishiba said he has direct contact with moderators, he'll also be our go-to guy if we need stickies or somethin' like that.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to do the video thread but My Cat Owns says he'll do it I don't main bowser although I do know a little about him but I come here often so if you need any extra help I'll offer it

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We also need a mod/sticky dude, unless Hylian is willing to come sticky everything lol
I have direct contact to the moderation, so I can just ask them to have (un)sticky threads for us, merge, etc.
Also, if My Cat Owns wants to take over the Video thread, I have nothing against it, he seems very active around here, so yea.

The Q&A and Social threads don't need someone in charge, seeing as they're generally questions about Bowser or general random talk about Bowser and socializing in between them.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with you. We should wait for the other guys to share their thoughts on your suggestions, tho.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't want to be in charge of the matchup ratio thread, I hate trying to convince people that they don't know what they're talking about and just because Bowser is comboed at low %s doesn't automatically means they have an advantage.

I do however want to help improve Bowser players' game by sharing the best strategy for each matchup.

I'd be willing to organize the Bowser video thread, considering I can also record replays from fellow Bowser players.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
<_< ok, so...Flayl could either take the Technical threads and fuse them together into one super uber cool thing, or he could keep control over the video threads.

Uh as people roll in with things they want to do, I'll update my huge lug of a post that I made up there, I guess Onishiba could add it to his OP once we figure out who's doing what.

Erm, also. Is a new Bowser guide neccessary? Like a final Bowser guide that could incorporate every single "guide" thread we've made so far? I mean there's a technical guide, and theres a fusion of 3 guides that were made before. Unless you guys feel the fusion guide is fine as it is, and doesn't need a new one to take it's place, then we'd probably also need someone who'd work on that...when they have time on their hands, lol.

Maybe we could get JayDeth to do it, since he did make the "More Power!" Guide.

Again, we'd only need this if you guys really want it :L

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sounds very good to me, Flayl. If you want to be in charge of the video thread, that's be very great. :D

Also - if you want, I can create a small layout for you to use for your in-depth MU discussion for easily find the stuff.

As for the ratio thread... well, unfortunately, you can't change that. A lot of people discussing matchups have no idea what they're talking about, and think because they've played their cousin's Bowser 2 or 3 times on WiFi that they're experts on the character now. D:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Now, my children..reproduce.

Edit: Why is my username gray :/

It used to be yellow..right?

*is confuzzled*

Can someone please explain.
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom