• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reflex's Mega-Fun Smash Challenge Session! (December 2, 2007)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
(EXPECT THIS TO BE UPDATED IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE.)

Idle Hour Park, Lakeshore Dr, Phenix City, AL

Google Maps'll get you there. Mapquest is a jerk, and won't. Any problems, let me know via PM, or call me (706-593-0214).

This is rather uncharacteristic of me, but I was talking to a friend of mine, and we're planning on hosting a Smash tournament in mid-October. We've been putting this off for a while now, and so I finally decided to put up a thread as to not let this thing pass.

This is actually mostly to help my friend Matt raise money to make an indie film that revolves around the Smash community. He's had this idea for more than a few months now, and I'm all for it; we're just trying to find ways to fund it, and this would do just that, while giving the Smash community another place to congregate.

I would imagine that Teams would start at about 11 AM. If it's a problem for anyone, let me know, but I'd rather it not go past noon, and I know how people like to show up late. Singles after Teams; Low Tier after Teams. Other craziness as time sees fit.

8/09: Something I need to address:

Change of plans. Although this tournament is still happening, said friend has decided that he wants to focus on writing rather than filming at this point. I'm not sure if he is postponing his idea (or worse even, abandoning it altogether), but he's started writing a book, and he's putting a lot more time into that.

I'm not going to lie to you; I don't think he's going to follow through with his movie idea, at least not in the immediate future.

However, I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the movie stuff as I find out for sure.

Hopefully everyone is alright with the price; I don't want people to have to miss it because it's too much. It's supposed to be a fun event.

Uh...I fixed the pre-registration list. It's still a ways away, so this stuff isn't all solid. Just an update.

9/14: This thing is becoming more than the small tournament I expected it to be. If people want to come and make it something special, by all means, though. However, I'm going to please ask that people bring TVs and 'Cubes if they possibly can. The more we can find, the faster and smoother we can make this tournament.

If we have a lot of setups, we might be able to have some random video games lying around for good fun. Samurai Kirby, anyone?

9/25: I just thought about it; how can there -not- be a Low Tier tournament at something being hosted by Reflex?

Because of time constraints, I'm just going to take a vote; would people rather have Low Tier singles or Low Tier teams? Perhaps we'll be able to do both if popularity and time will allow, but I'll just plan for the worst.

11/25: Okay, here's an idea that I thought was really good, courtesy of my crewmate Darvel (Seph20 on the boards).

Raffle Teams.

The idea is that we put everyone's name in a container of sorts, and when registration is over, we shuffle it up and pick two at a time for people to team with.

I would imagine that we'd get some interesting experiences and matches, as well as crazy team names this way...

This is, once again, based on popularity. It's just something else that's fun to do. $5 per entry?

I'll be at this
There's an area in the Phenix City/Columbus area (a park, actually; Idle Hour Park). There's a room thing they have that I feel could be rented in order to have a Smash tournament. Space is decent enough (I don't expect this to be that large), and I'm sure no one's complaining to see another tournament.

As for prices, $10 Singles, $20 Teams ($10 per person), and a $5 door fee sounds fine to me. I hate the concept of door fees, but any extra money made is going straight to the funding of the indie film, "Pwn Shop". It's costing us money to rent out the area for hosting the tournament, and so we'd like to come up at least decently positive in the net profit. Any donations would be greatly appreciated, as well.

(/ctrl+v)

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agreed upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

TVs: 9
Reflex (1)
Prac (1)
The Alpha Gundam (1)
Jx31 (1)
Matt (3)
SleepyK (1)

VCRs: 4
Reflex (1)
SleepyK (1)
DogySamich (2)

Cubes/Wiis: 12
Reflex (1)
Jx31 (1)
Nice1 (1)
Tom (1)
Kaddy (1)
Tsunami (1)
Prac (1)
The Alpha Gundam (1)
Matt (3)
SleepyK (1)

Housing (list courtesy of Gerbil)

Prac's House:
1. Rice
2. RAM
3. Drumma Boi
4. Ragnarok
5. Mr. P
6. ihavespaceballs
7. -Chad-
8. Iori
9. Zero
10. Ambix (possibly)

Darvel's House:
1. KOKingPin
2. JMOAN
3. RedNinja
4. Bloshi
5.Aurafox (possibly)
6. XIF
7. PB&J
8. C.....
9. Laijin
10. GA Peach

Jeff's Dorm Room:

Pre-registration list:
1. Reflex (imagine that)
2. Prac
3. Gerbil
4. X2X
5. Jx31
6. Tsunami
7. Ragnarock
8. FullMetal
9. DruggedFox
10. Triforce_eternal
11. Stalin
12. Ares
13. Desu
14. SS118
15. SleepyK
16. Tom
17. Nice1
18. MarsFool
19. Kaddy
20. Zozefup
21. PB&J
22. Yoshido
23. TRC
24. Kaddy
25. Chad
26. Iori
27. GAWes
28. DP's Mario
29. KOKingpin
30. NES n00b
31. Rice
32. Drumma Boi
33. Mr. P
34. Ihavespaceballs
35. Zero
36. JMOAN
37. RedNinja
38. Bloshi
39. XIF
40. PB&J
41. Cornel
42. Laijin
43. GA Peach
44. S0FT

Prac352

Smash Lord
FIRST

Hmmmm . . . Reflex wants money . . . I never woulda suspected such a thing.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Seeing as how you live 25 minutes down the road, I have no excuse not to make this, unless $ johns come up again. :D

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
double post for lulz

I wish I could make it to this. If only to see the look on Reflex's face when the in-game announcer goes "Captain Falcon" as he picks Bowser then suddenly left... "DONKEY KONG" BATTLE OF THE FATTIES... Err... Yes. If I can come, this will happen.

-ramble ramble Diddy Kong ramble ramble-

Jx31

Smash Ace
I can make this, unless, I have something going on that day, hopefully not. Hope this turns out well.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO REflex I should be able to come to this thing, but any housing going down for this thing though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
YO REflex I should be able to come to this thing, but any housing going down for this thing though.
I'll have to beg some CDE members to house some people; I doubt that my parents will let me do that.

Either way, I don't imagine this thing being very large or lasting into the night. Maybe everyone will prove me wrong, though...

Regardless, I'll see what I can do.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Thanks Reflex your a good person, I don't care what America's Most Wanted says about you.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Reflex I might be able to exchange "me coming to spend time with you here day" for Brawl day. TAKE YOUR PICK. Or something. I might. CAN WE TEAM AS DK/PIKA AND BOWSER OH PLEASE OH LORD

I GAVE UP FALCO FOR YOU COME BACK HOME

wtf am I talking about

ss118

Smash Master
Add me, DruggedFox, Triforce_eternal, and Stalin to the pre-reg list. We are almost guaranteed to be at this, so long as nothing weird happens.
75% chance, at most

Now who is on my list:
Reflex- Bowser dittos. One on Yoshi's Story, one on Jungle Japes, and one on Brinstar. XD
Prac- Never played a great peach =D
Gerbil- Cuz I feel like it. WHAT NOW!!! =O
X2X- Same as Prac, minus the peach and add samus.
FullMetal- OK, we've put off this **** off long enough.
Get in your mode, man, cause you are going DOWN!!!!
YOU AIN'T NEVER TAKIN THIS 20 BACK BIIIIAAAAATCH!!!!!
XP

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Seeing as how my father is attempting to pull the plug on my journey to G4S4, I'm gonna go ahead and tell him about this one immediately. I should be able to go.

That being said, who wants to team with Yangie BABY AWWWW HELL YEAH.

At Alpha's house, I got a 4 stomp --> Ganon Up+B combo on Gerbil. I had just met the man. And I'm good at teams. This one time vs. Fullmetal and Tbag, Sleepy dropped the ball, but I love him so much, I picked it right back up and made this huge comeback.

Who wants to team with me huh what? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edit- Reflex you should call this Reflex's Original Bag of Trickies. ROBoT hahaha.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Seeing as how my father is attempting to pull the plug on my journey to G4S4, I'm gonna go ahead and tell him about this one immediately. I should be able to go.

That being said, who wants to team with Yangie BABY AWWWW HELL YEAH.

At Alpha's house, I got a 4 stomp --> Ganon Up+B combo on Gerbil. I had just met the man. And I'm good at teams. This one time vs. Fullmetal and Tbag, Sleepy dropped the ball, but I love him so much, I picked it right back up and made this huge comeback.

Who wants to team with me huh what? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edit- Reflex you should call this Reflex's Original Bag of Trickies. ROBoT hahaha.
Shhhhhh! You don't tell people about those kind of things!!! :p Besides, we ran even a lot of the times anyways. Don't make me spill the beans on how I managed to FP you 3 times in a row O.O

>.>

That last sentence was completely sarcastic guys >.<

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That last sentence was completely sarcastic guys >.<
I guess you're saying that to make me feel better, but if you're going to say it out loud, you might as well not even have said 'oops sarcastic' at all.

It was four times, and you PROMISED you wouldn't tell.

I can't believe you. :mad:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Reflex just completely mindgamed everyone of you who thought this was on a Monday. He knew what he did, he just wanted to watch you all sweat. But no, not me, for I foresaw the events happening, and knew that he was trying to plan something dastardly.

Not today Reflex, you shan't mindgame me today..... O.O

:p

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Reflex, I have a question to ask you.

ARE YOU OKAY!?

I wouldn't miss this for the world. Unless "My mom..." Johns abound.

Put me on pre-reg please. And Yang, I lovezzfffz ya. Teams?
Unless you wanna team with someone else <3

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Put me on pre-reg please. And Yang, I lovezzfffz ya. Teams?
Unless you wanna team with someone else <3
I will team with you at this!! So we are set in stone.

Reflex can you pre-reg me too svp?

Top Bottom