• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reapers Game III - Milford, CT - Jul 13, 08 - *NEW DATE!*

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like I won't be here, but I'll go find the post where blackmage explains all the problems now

dk cargo into water free spike.

gw can camp the water just up b'ing and keying over and over, makes him pretty much untouchable.
I thought it explained more, but the main problem is number two. It is literally impossible to hit GW if their using this as their tactic.

Yes you couljd ban the stage, but it's a waste of a ban that could go somewhere else.

And the DK problem is almost as bad. It wouldn't be as big of an issue if these things were difficult to do, but their stupidly easy.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Looks like I won't be here, but I'll go find the post where blackmage explains all the problems now

I thought it explained more, but the main problem is number two. It is literally impossible to hit GW if their using this as their tactic.

Yes you couljd ban the stage, but it's a waste of a ban that could go somewhere else.

And the DK problem is almost as bad. It wouldn't be as big of an issue if these things were difficult to do, but their stupidly easy.
<____<;

The DK cargo definitely doesn't seem threatening enough for me to ban the stage, and to prevent a G&W upB camping in the water... why not just throw projectiles at him? If a G&W player counters with Pirate Ship, you could pick Link/Snake/Mario/Peach... anyone with a projectile except spacies, really.

I'd be more than happy to see OBM demonstrate the second tactic, but until then... Pirate Ship is CP.

Matt2

Smash Cadet
Hey anyone going through edinboro / erie ( North western PA )? I like playing competitively but rarely get the chance to do so =X I actually won both brawl tourneys hosted in edinboro and was wondering if theres better talent out there

If anyones driving by let me know **I can be a possible teams partner =)**

my AIM is Blink182tom3

you can PM me as well =)

thanks,
Matt2

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Yr not gonna enter? -___-;
No, sorry Wes.

I'm done playing Brawl competitively.

I still play Brawl for fun...I just don't take it as serious anymore.

By the way ummmm call me so you, BEAST, and myself can run some SNES and stuff. Are you free anytime this weekend like Sat or Sunday?

he's not cool enough wes
I respect you as a Sonic main, and a good one at that. Why the cold shoulder?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
No, sorry Wes.

I'm done playing Brawl competitively.

I still play Brawl for fun...I just don't take it as serious anymore.

By the way ummmm call me so you, BEAST, and myself can run some SNES and stuff. Are you free anytime this weekend like Sat or Sunday?

I respect you as a Sonic main, and a good one at that. Why the cold shoulder?
I'll let you know when I can come out. I have tinnitus in my ears atm so I can't be around noise really. :"|

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Am I allowed to ask someone to be my doubles partner on this thread?

blaze4414

Smash Rookie
hey guys I'm new here. I came here receiving a challenge from a mr. Chronic Angelus Crystallus Inofficium on myspace. Well whoever he is, its me chris. I'm ready when you are.
btw the
fc: 4339 2117 5602
brawl name: Tiny

shanus

Smash Hero
might be able to come for some friendlies, id want to enter but doubt I can stay for too long since its starting late.

who wants to get prOlimar'd?

Zori

Smash Champion
Hanenbow

Random factors
Barely any platforms witch lead to camping/spamming
easy camp
easy side death
Water survivability
No edges
Moving platforms
Annoying fish that make the leaves red (which lead to more fail)

Pictochat...... Im not even going to get into this you might as well play with items on.

Theres nothing really RIGHT wiith those stages!! But thanks for the good LOL.

noodles

Smash Champion
random factors? cant swim in the bottom. there ARE ledges. fishes is just backround stuff and music. the leaves turn red when you hit them fishes have nothing to do with it. as for camping cort said dawza tested the stage by having sonic run away and the character still caught up (though i have no idea who the other character is). and how was that funny?

pictochat has a bunch of hazards but its a counter pick if both people know the stage well it shouldnt be too bad of a problem. and you have bans you can always use them :D

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow

Random factors
easy camp
easy side death
Water survivability
No edges
Moving platforms

Pictochat...... Im not even going to get into this you might as well play with items on.

If you dislike hannenbow it's one thing but come on.

There are no random factors there are ledges. Barely any platforms? it's all platforms haha. They don't move either. I have no idea how the fish bother you and you can't swim in the water so what are you talking about? No parts of the level are equal to eachother it's all stacked platforms so how do you camp unless you just don't attack ever? Easy side death? The only "easy" death is at the top because of the upper lefthand corner. Your post makes no sense.

Pictochat is flat with random changes there shouldn't be any problems if you're a smart player that can adapt well.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
At Montage I saw Pictochat in a tourney match and it was perfectly fine. Hanenbow is a pretty ******** stage but I still don't see a reason to ban it.

btw, I think I'm confirmed going to this now.

Zori

Smash Champion
oh well its not like i expected it to change whatever i said ,I just asked to explain and now you have. and still I don't think its not a equal stage.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Am I allowed to ask someone to be my doubles partner on this thread?
Of course. :"}

hey guys I'm new here. I came here receiving a challenge from a mr. Chronic Angelus Crystallus Inofficium on myspace. Well whoever he is, its me chris. I'm ready when you are.
btw the
fc: 4339 2117 5602
brawl name: Tiny
Hey, that would be me. Glad to see you on the boards. Looking forward to playing you at the tourney. :"}

Hanenbow

Random factors
easy camp
easy side death
Water survivability
No edges
Moving platforms

What in the world...? "Random factors"? "Water survivability"? "No edges"? Rofl...

At Montage I saw Pictochat in a tourney match and it was perfectly fine. Hanenbow is a pretty ******** stage but I still don't see a reason to ban it.

btw, I think I'm confirmed going to this now.
Good stuff!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It really has been forever since I've had a decent Puzzle League/Tetris Attack match.

My only thing is, no 3d mode(puzzle league) it can take ludicrous amounts of time and I don't wanna lose too much time to a non-smash game at a Smash Tournament. It would just be rude.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Ew @ Snake sucks tag. Whoever that is can get *****. >:O

Uh... we could probably use one extra TV. Between Zach and I we have I think four, and the store itself has one pretty nice one. Other than that... maybe just one Wii, too?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh well its not like i expected it to change whatever i said ,I just asked to explain and now you have. and still I don't think its not a equal stage.
Counterpick stages aren't meant to be equal for all charsacters. If all stages were equal we'd have all of them on random select.

Somone should bring Pokemon Puzzle League to this and MM me.

It's been forever since I've played that game.
if you give me some tiem to adapt to the ****ty comtroller, I'll happily MM you in that game or any of it's varients for that matter. Panel de Pon anyone??

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I only really throw out Pokemon Puzzle League cause it's the last version of Puzzle League/Panel De Pon/Tetris Attack that I played. Or owned.

I'd be down with any other version as long as it's not too different. Assuming you played Tetris Attack and Puzzle League, you'll know what I mean. Very subtle changes but they had an effect on gameplay. Actually, I'm pre-johning for a game I haven't played a real match of in well over a year. Screw it, if anyone has anything remotely close MMs.

I loved that game, I need to be playing it more often ****it.

EDIT: Totally know what you mean about the controller thing though. I don't dislike the N64 controller, but depending on what you're used to for that game, where speed and precision are so important, controller changes are rather annoying.

Top Bottom